Lovebox - London, UK - June 17, 2012 : REPORTS/PICS/VIDEOS

guylainem123

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Everything has been said. :)

To my big surprise I really enjoyed (most of) the DJ sets before Mika was on and found myself dancing along and really enjoying myself. :clap:

And then: Mika came on stage...:mikacool:

The show was great, so much energy! It was good to see Mika jumping around on stage like he has always done and I must admit that "Celebrate" is indeed a great live song. It was well worth travelling over to London from Germany. :lg: I couldn't tell he was more nervous than usually - he did great!

Would love to know more about the band...Maybe mika will intorduce them to us when they are doing a longer show...It was cute to see that the backing singer was really nervous before the show walking up and down all the time before coming on stage. :wink2:

I really enjoyed listening to DJs and dancing as well, even I never usually listen to music like that. It must have been the atmosphere! And I regret I didn't stay and watch Jody Harsh in the end, I had planned to do it and she is gorgeous.

I couldn't tell Mika was so nervous either. I know he said he is and he mentioned it in his tweet and I assumed the first London gig for ages makes him nervous, but really couldn't say it while watching his performance. The band was a bit nervous! :naughty:

Fantastic pics and videos, everyone! Thank you so much! :flowers2:

Hi new wallpaper, nice to meet you! :mikadas:

Btw did you flip this photos? Or is paG some new underwear shop? :aah:

EDIT: i checked and other ppl's pics also have Gap written backward :teehee: Perhaps wearing your undies inside-out is some new fashion statement he learned from Pharrell? :mikacool:

I also noticed that. Ok no, I didn't noticed by myself, i did it after reading your post.

At least here in my country is said that you should wear something inside-out [usualy underwear ] for repeling bad vibes :blink:

anyways I think that Mika probably doesn't know this and he just didn't noticed how he put on his underwear that day :teehee:

I also noticed that. Ok no, I didn't noticed by myself, i did it after reading your post.

At least here in my country is said that you should wear something inside-out [usualy underwear ] for repeling bad vibes :blink:

anyways I think that Mika probably doesn't know this and he just didn't noticed how he put on his underwear that day :teehee:

Well, I guess it worked :wink2:

Hi new wallpaper, nice to meet you! :mikadas:

Btw did you flip this photos? Or is paG some new underwear shop? :aah:

EDIT: i checked and other ppl's pics also have Gap written backward :teehee: Perhaps wearing your undies inside-out is some new fashion statement he learned from Pharrell? :mikacool:

"Yo Mika you gotta wear your undies inside out, man, it's da latest trend" :mf_rosetinted: LOL!

Another head's up guys, my videos are being uploaded to this Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/larasblommor (more coming)

And the quality was much better before I converted the files but I guess it's ok for Youtube. Enjoy! So;

Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/laramay/sets/72157630184687286/

Videos: http://www.youtube.com/larasblommor

By the way, I'm also from Germany but came from Spain, the plane was a great value as well :wink2:

I think we haven't met, have we?! :wink2:

And to finish, yeah, Lana was great. I had listened to her before, but her gig at Lovebox moved me to tears.

Her performance was nice - and in contracdiction to what I read so many times she is so down to earth and cool. Lana rocks! :wink2:

Sorry for the delay, I just got home

It was nice to meet you! :)

I really enjoyed listening to DJs and dancing as well, even I never usually listen to music like that. It must have been the atmosphere!

I know. It was addictive! :naughty:

I won't write a proper report as I think that all the important stuff has been said already. To sum it up: It was waaaaay too short but great to see him again. :wub2:

Most of the pictures I took turned out as blurry and / or crap. So I use my old camera again in the future :teehee: Anyway, I uploaded the better pictures on photobucket: http://s745.photobucket.com/albums/xx92/Statue_of_Liberty/Mika%20Lovebox%20Festival%20London%2017th%20June%202012/

SAM_1781.jpg

SAM_1783.jpg

:fangurl:

SAM_1816.jpg

SAM_1802.jpg

thank you everyone for the photos+reports+videos! :wub2:

Hi, a quick summary of the day:

hi suzie, i didn't even know you'd be there! :shocked: shame you didn't come over to say hi, would've loved to meet you again, it's been a while. :wink2:

@mellody As if you needed to apologize or explain your fangurliness when he touches your hand. Twice. :lmfao

if he hugs you... you would die...

*swoon*

(i think everybody would die)

lol... :naughty: i probably wouldn't have posted about it if i had written my report one day later... but i'm glad i wrote it the same evening when everything still was fresh, so i'll know better how i really felt, when i read back the report a year later or so. :teehee:

Do you have a picture of your shirt, I would love to see it :

yeah, i posted it on twitter, here: http://twitpic.com/9x50r1 :wink2: but it's also on mika's facebook, nina took a pic of hasi+mariposa+statue and me with our shirts - hasi made the design and the others had their shirts made, but i a) don't like wearing white shirts and b) prefer handmade stuff (or in other words, i always think, "well, it'd look good if i...", totally underestimate how much work it is, and then end up thinking "WHY DID I DO THIS?! :doh:" :lmfao:)

And Mellody heeeey!!! next time I'd love to meet you. Btw.... understand and envy (in a positive manner) your :fangurl moment!!!

aww, i'd have loved to meet you too! damn, i'm really bad with recognizing people from photos, or when i just saw them once... also wanted to say hi to eloise and mair, and i did even see them, with their painted faces, but didn't recognize who they were, although i had seen them at the mfc party in january! :aah: only when i saw the pix posted here, i was like :doh: it was THEM! treasa i also only just recognized because someone told me who she was - although we had met before. :blush-anim-cl: btw, who were the 2 ladies who were with treasa and also took one of the heart-shaped glasses each? at least now afterwards i'd like to be able to add names to the faces. :teehee: and mikita, is there a photo of you from the festival somewhere? so i can see if i've seen you... ;-)

also wanted to say hi to eloise and mair, and i did even see them, with their painted faces, but didn't recognize who they were, although i had seen them at the mfc party in january! :aah: only when i saw the pix posted here, i was like :doh: it was THEM!

:mikalove:

Eloise and Mair are very flattered that you wanted to say hi. :teehee:

Hi! :bye:

We did see you too, I think :aah: Next time we must go and say hello to everyone. :aah:

thank you everyone for the photos+reports+videos! :wub2:

hi suzie, i didn't even know you'd be there! :shocked: shame you didn't come over to say hi, would've loved to meet you again, it's been a while. :wink2:

lol... :naughty: i probably wouldn't have posted about it if i had written my report one day later... but i'm glad i wrote it the same evening when everything still was fresh, so i'll know better how i really felt, when i read back the report a year later or so. :teehee:

yeah, i posted it on twitter, here: http://twitpic.com/9x50r1 :wink2: but it's also on mika's facebook, nina took a pic of hasi+mariposa+statue and me with our shirts - hasi made the design and the others had their shirts made, but i a) don't like wearing white shirts and b) prefer handmade stuff (or in other words, i always think, "well, it'd look good if i...", totally underestimate how much work it is, and then end up thinking "WHY DID I DO THIS?! :doh:" :lmfao:)

aww, i'd have loved to meet you too! damn, i'm really bad with recognizing people from photos, or when i just saw them once... also wanted to say hi to eloise and mair, and i did even see them, with their painted faces, but didn't recognize who they were, although i had seen them at the mfc party in january! :aah: only when i saw the pix posted here, i was like :doh: it was THEM! treasa i also only just recognized because someone told me who she was - although we had met before. :blush-anim-cl: btw, who were the 2 ladies who were with treasa and also took one of the heart-shaped glasses each? at least now afterwards i'd like to be able to add names to the faces. :teehee: and mikita, is there a photo of you from the festival somewhere? so i can see if i've seen you... ;-)

Mellody, I was with Buttonslovesyou and Suci.

It's always the same after a gig, being disappointed not to have met or recognised everyone you chat to online. But the day goes so fast and I think sometimes we may be a bit shy to go and introduce ourselves.

I'm still in London and trying to keep up with the thread on the Iphone. The reports are great and I can't add any more except to say I had a wonderful day and was delighted to meet those of you I did talk to.

I took a nice pic of Mika with a few fans which I wil post when I get back to France tomorrow.

I asked Mika if I could get a pic of him with Eloise but unfortunately she couldn't get through the crowd for it so he said 'what if I do this' and he knelt down in front of everyone. I think it's a nice pic, everyone looks so happy.

Hi, I didn't want to be caught up in the queuing thing for a change. :roftl: It looked I could safely avoid it with still having perfect place and view, so even when I was 'near' the stage (still keeping a distance because of the unbearable noise) I was just sitting down further back and relaxing as I was really tired. I still am but that is another story. :teehee: I'll write more later this week I guess.

I am sure we'll meet in the queue next time I go to a gig, perhaps as soon as the autumn. :wink2:

:mikalove:

Eloise and Mair are very flattered that you wanted to say hi. :teehee:

Hi! :bye:

We did see you too, I think :aah: Next time we must go and say hello to everyone. :aah:

hi as well. :bye::naughty:

Mellody, I was with Buttonslovesyou and Suci.

I asked Mika if I could get a pic of him with Eloise but unfortunately she couldn't get through the crowd for it so he said 'what if I do this' and he knelt down in front of everyone. I think it's a nice pic, everyone looks so happy.

thank you. :flowers2:

yeah, we saw you all taking the pic, it looked like a nice scene - happy to hear that the pic turned out good! :thumb_yello:

Hi, I didn't want to be caught up in the queuing thing for a change.

yeah, i can well understand that it's not everyone's cup of tea, i also get a bit fed up with it if i do several gigs in a row, especially if it involves getting up early. :aah: but even if it wasn't really queuing this time, i think i somehow need the excitement of rushing to front row the moment the doors open, guess i'm just an adrenaline junkie who prefers this to bungee jumping... :lmfao:

anyway, yeah, i'm sure we'll meet again at the next tour, whenever that might be. :teehee:

Edited by mellody