2012 - Mika Tells Instinct, “Yeah, I’m gay.”

dcdeb

• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@Sephira No, you are not boring at all and neither is this topic. You could post other studies and whole books about the genefical factors contributing to sexual orientation. What is important is that being gay is not a lifestyle choice like the church or Communist propaganda would make you believe and neither is it an 'illness' to be cured by electro-shock treatment like they tried to 'cure' gay people in the sixties. I am often appalled by the lack of knowledge on this topic even today and consequently, polititians using it to their advantage as usual. Narrow-minded people just need someone to hate and fear.

Okay so I'm I've only been a Mika fan for a couple months so I'm not sure how much my opinion counts for but I feel the need to share it.

As I previously stated, I've only been a fan for a short time but even in that time, I was pretty confident that Mika was gay, despite my delusional fantasies. Does his coming out make me love him less? No. Do I think Mika is going to be condemed to h*ll? No. I'm not a religious person in the least so I fell that too say he needs to be saved is absolutely ridiculous. He's happy. And isn't the main point of life to be happy? But I noticed someone, Lena?, I think, say something along the lines of how this isn't love and that it's basically a choice to be gay. Forgive me if that was incorrect but if it wasn't I have a question or well a statement really. Where I live, I've seen the news and frequently, it shows the story of boys who date and appear to be heterosexual but are not really attracted to women in the least. They try but they just aren't. When they finally come out, they are bullied, harrassed, and the end result? The hurt themselves or worse. Now I'm NOT saying this is Mika or will happen to him. My question is this, if being homosexual was always a choice, why would these people choose to hurt themselves because they can't find acceptance instead of just simply chosing to be hetero? I'm truly not trying to offend anybody, I'm just trying to express my opinion, scattered and nonsensical as it may be.

Good question. :naughty:

@Sephira No, you are not boring at all and neither is this topic. You could post other studies and whole books about the genefical factors contributing to sexual orientation. What is important is that being gay is not a lifestyle choice like the church or Communist propaganda would make you believe and neither is it an 'illness' to be cured by electro-shock treatment like they tried to 'cure' gay people in the sixties. I am often appalled by the lack of knowledge on this topic even today and consequently, polititians using it to their advantage as usual. Narrow-minded people just need someone to hate and fear.

Suzie I agree with you! It's ludicrous knowing that some people view gays as lesser human beings. Whatever happened to equality or love being love no matter who the person.

I think we have to remember that for many of the world religions, homosexuality is seen as a sin, and that if you have accepted that religious belief all your life without question, it may be hard - or even impossible - for you to accept someone as openly homosexual without seeing them as sinful and needing to be saved. It requires a paradigm shift in your view of the world, and that's not easy to make.

I want to add do my yesterday´s post, that it´s because I love him to much and care I support him in his uneasy decision (even if he won´t ever know). He was hiding his private live for 5 years, hesitated, so it was an important step for him. That´s why I think we are here to be on his side instead of criticizing him, now he is exposed to criticism from haters, and may be vulnerable, even if he looks so strong.

He made his choice and he is happy. It made him create the songs that make me cry with happiness - what more should I wish?

Ah, btw, I agree that he looks much more manly lately. He looks grown up (well, almost :naughty: ) and responsible for himself and for his man, making mature decisions, but staying the same charming Mika with irresistible boyish smile (sorry, I´m a bit offtop) - that´s why I believe things are for better.

Maybe he doesn´t care for now, but I´d wish him to know that his loyal fans love him and support, just like before.

Edited by Dreamy_Queen

Don't listen to them. Most adults think they know everything, but they don't. Just give them the idea they do, and stay as wise and curious and different as you are.

Thank you so much, sometimes that's something I really need to hear :huglove:

I know that maybe this could seem a bit out of place, but I don't know Where to ask.. i would like to have one copy of this magazine, so, I was wondering if there's one american MFCer so nice to buy it and send it to me (I Will pay for everything obviously).

Let me know If you can :wink2:

Suzie I agree with you! It's ludicrous knowing that some people view gays as lesser human beings. Whatever happened to equality or love being love no matter who the person.

A matter of love...what love is?

Falling in love it is a matter of hormones and sexual attraction but you could love someone without being attract sexually by this person it is more a matter of intellectual attraction this is what Platon explain in The Banquet, the Republic and Phedre. A gay boy can love a girl but can't be sexually attract by her.

Falling in love it is a matter of hormones and sexual attraction but you could love someone without being attract sexually by this person it is more a matter of intellectual attraction this is what Platon explain in The Banquet, the Republic and Phedre. A gay boy can love a girl but can't be sexually attract by her.

That's very much true, although in this case I think it's safer to think of love not technically, but in the way we may casually use it which is to refer to the 'package deal'.

I think its a bit more broad than that, but I think you have an interesting opinion. But regardless of hormones and sexual attraction, because I think love is way more than about just that, if a person can fall in love intellectually, it makes sense that a man should be able to love another man

That's very much true' date=' although in this case I think it's safer to think of love not technically, but in the way we may casually use it which is to refer to the 'package deal'.[/quote']

In the 21st century we are more guide by our desires and passion, we fall in love with someone and months later or few years later the passion is gone and the couple broke because there's nothing more than physical or biological attraction. But some couples last over time because there is more than just these biological attraction.

@lalacaat22 your opinion counts just as much as anyone else's here. It is really good to see 'newbies' like you or @StarryEyed<3 writing such well-written and logical posts. Don't dispair if few seem to be quoting you first: there are tons of posts on threads like this one and people tend to remember to reply to the fans they already know.

I think we have to remember that for many of the world religions, homosexuality is seen as a sin, and that if you have accepted that religious belief all your life without question, it may be hard - or even impossible - for you to accept someone as openly homosexual without seeing them as sinful and needing to be saved. It requires a paradigm shift in your view of the world, and that's not easy to make.
Exactly my thought Silver, that's what happened to myself, it took me a lot of time (many years), effort, enquire, reading, researching and experience

to find out and accept the truth about religion and spirituality.

Its been a long journey and I did change a lot as a person in order to do that.

Now I look at the world through different eyes, feel happier and more free.

Edited by mari62

@lalacaat22 your opinion counts just as much as anyone else's here. It is really good to see 'newbies' like you or @StarryEyed<3 writing such well-written and logical posts. Don't dispair if few seem to be quoting you first: there are tons of posts on threads like this one and people tend to remember to reply to the fans they already know.

Thank you Suzie!

In the 21st century we are more guide by our desires and passion, we fall in love with someone and months later or few years later the passion is gone and the couple broke because there's nothing more than physical or biological attraction. But some couples last over time because there is more than just these biological attraction.

That is also very true. And quite unfortunate as well. I've seen it happen a few times personally.

I can understand that. What I don't understand is why someone would expect a stranger to welcome your judgement that they are a sinner and your attempts to save them. Regardless of what you think about homosexuality how can you expect this stranger to interpret that as love and not as an attack? If, for the sake of argument, Mika needs to be saved then that is the duty of his family, his friends, his church, etc. It is not a task for strangers who happen to buy his records and watch his performances.

Mika has put his work out there for public consumption and critique but he doesn't even care what we think of his clothes, muchless who he chooses to date.

I can understand that. What I don't understand is why someone would expect a stranger to welcome your judgement that they are a sinner and your attempts to save them. Regardless of what you think about homosexuality how can you expect this stranger to interpret that as love and not as an attack? If, for the sake of argument, Mika needs to be saved then that is the duty of his family, his friends, his church, etc. It is not a task for strangers who happen to buy his records and watch his performances.

Mika has put his work out there for public consumption and critique but he doesn't even care what we think of his clothes, muchless who he chooses to date.

On the second point, I agree 100%. However... (and I'm playing the Devil's Advocate here, so to speak)... If you don't see their views and they don't see yours then we're coming up blank here. Of course, we're all entitled to opinions on the matter but does it matter whether we agree? Mika's decisions are his decisions. You're correct we don't know him and we shouldn't be putting ourselves in a position to judge people's character based on their stage persona. If someone with the belief that they must 'save' him, that would be them expressing concern for him. If someone though the opposite (which it seems many of us do, myself included) that's our way of expressing it. Does it mean either of us are doing it 'correctly'? Although it might seem so, I prefer to keep the answer a nice vague "not necessarily". As Ive previously said it's gracious enough that he shares what he already has with us, for the sake of relating to his music, bur he is in no way obligated to it and this is why we aren't in a position to be judging him for it.

If someone though the opposite (which it seems many of us do' date=' myself included) that's our way of expressing it. Does it mean either of us are doing it 'correctly'?[/quote']

I guess I am a pragmatist and I'm more interested in what works and what doesn't than what is right and what is wrong. I think it's pretty safe to say that Mika will welcome the support of fans on this subject and he will reject and tune out the criticism. And I am certain that nothing any of his fans say or do will make him change his lifestyle. The most anyone could have ever hoped for on that front was that he kept it to himself and didn't talk about it but the cat is out of the bag now. It's done.

People have the choice to accept him and or reject him. There is no option to change (i.e. save) him.

I guess I am a pragmatist and I'm more interested in what works and what doesn't than what is right and what is wrong. I think it's pretty safe to say that Mika will welcome the support of fans on this subject and he will reject and tune out the criticism. And I am certain that nothing any of his fans say or do will make him change his lifestyle. The most anyone could have ever hoped for on that front was that he kept it to himself and didn't talk about it but the cat is out of the bag now. It's done.

People have the choice to accept him and or reject him. There is no option to change (i.e. save) him.

Well then in terms of what works and what doesn't, stated simply: We have absolutely

no say at all. What works for him is what works. What is working for us right now is having this conversation. What is working for everyone else is working for everyone else. As people we are able to adapt, therefore whatever we wish to make work we

will. And in cases where that is impossible, people can stretch their minds to make THEIR beliefs major and therefore check the problem and assign it to someone other than themselves. So if anyone chooses to disagree with Mika's lifestyle choices they can try to make things work for them by believing he needs saving but it isn't going to happen, there's a radius of how far people can reach to change things and it falls quite short of changing someone's sexual orientation-- even Mika can't exactly change that, or else why wouldn't he have to avoid the trouble? So I agree with you on all points.

Edited by StarryEyed<3

Do you mean that I tweeted to him to burn that hat for nothing and he might ignore my advice?? :crybaby: This is outrageous!! :mf_rosetinted: