• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Maybe you mean " foster-mother"? :wink2:

I think she means a surrogate.

Rufus Wainwright suddenly announced one day that he had a baby with Leonard Cohen's daughter. I think some hearts are going to stop if Mika does the same. :naughty:

Rufus Wainwright suddenly announced one day that he had a baby with Leonard Cohen's daughter. I think some hearts are going to stop if Mika does the same. :naughty:

I heard Adele is pregnant :mikacool:

Oh yeah, waiting for that news:aah:

If Mika has a baby with Rufus, you mean???:mf_rosetinted:

Good to know he's become free to talk about it. I must admit that I thought that now his songs would have a different meaning for me once he's cleared things up for good as far as his sexuality is concerned, but I realized I'm able to interpret them the way I feel they should be interpreted, that I will be able to bond with them in a different and subjective way, the way I feel comfortable. That's the true idea and beauty of art anyway, I guess.

:thumb_yello:

It is normal to deal with troubled youth who are victims of homophobia but to get things must change attitudes, it is the majority of people that should be informed about the homosexuality in the fight against homophobia for people to stop thinking that this is a disease or depravity. We have to inform people by sciences because it is something more difficult to reject. So this will allow people to be gay to not feel as strange animals, reduce homophobia and the way people in general see homosexuality.

In Europe there are campaigns with a phone number for gay youth and their parents to inform them and if they have become victims of homophobia. But nothing is done to school for biology classes where is sexual education class in France to explain homosexuality. I think it's a big gap in education.

I had a good laugh 4-5 pages back about that discussion on history but when we are talking about life today and you suggest that instead of creating an environment for people to be open about their sexual orientation society should simply be 'educated' and the troubled ones should turn to helplines when in need, a more subtle approach is messed. People don't learn about life from books. They learn about it by living it. How could people relate to a gay person if they only learned about them from books? If one discourages celebrities like Mika from coming out they are reinforcing the belief that it is something to be ashamed of. Besides, who would be the ideal person to 'educate' people? I don't think there could be better candidates for that role than famous people who youngsters consider to be role models.

If Mika has a baby with Rufus, you mean???:mf_rosetinted:

That is exactly what I meant. :lmfao:

They learn about it by living it. How could people relate to a gay person if they only learned about them from books?

I totally agree with that from first hand experience. I studied biological sciences so I understood the technicalities of sexuality but everyone was closeted when I grew up.

Part of the reason why I thought George Michael was straight was because I just didn't know anyone who was openly gay. He wasn't coy about it like Mika, he was pretending to be straight. There was a girl in one of his videos who was supposedly living with him. Elton John had been married to a woman. Freddie Mercury was living with a woman, etc. etc. When even celebrities were covering up their sexual orientation there wasn't a chance in the world anyone in my school would have been openly gay. I never even heard rumours about people. Homosexuality just didn't exist in my world.

The more you distance yourself from people the less empathetic you are. You can see this with apathy to wars outside of western countries. The world was expected to stop turning when 9/11 hit because it was so close to home and yet mass genocides can carry on year after year in other parts of the world and no one is willing to step up and do what it takes to stop it. It's not that people don't know it's going on. It's on the news all the time. It's just not close enough to their heart unless it affects people they know.

That is very true. I haven't come across these campaigns but I assume it's only because the suicides of gay teenagers are not an epidemic here. Finland is a pretty liberal country and in general homosexuality is well approved here - we even had an openly gay president candidate for this year's elections. I consider myself very lucky to live in a country that is so tolerant (even if I sometimes forget about it and moan about the most trivial things :naughty: ).

Even though it's sad these kind of campaigns are needed I'm glad to hear they exist and the general public has recognised the issue. I sincerely hope they help the victims who have to put up with hateful people on a daily basis.

we have a gay prime minister in belgium. Think we're pretty tolerant in this issue as well. allthough sadly there's always a minority who disapproves of homosexuality as was proven a few weeks back when a gay guy got attacked. :sad:

THATS SOO DISAPPOINTING

now whenever i wil listen to the songs of the origin of love

i will picture mika in love with a man which will take some time to adjust

:tears::no:

But he's in love!! That's the most important thing. How can that be disappointing?

But he's in love!! That's the most important thing. How can that be disappointing?

you are absolutely right i agree with u

but it takes some time to set things right after a storm

even if the storm is for good

but iam happy that he is in love :mikalove:

we have a gay prime minister in belgium. Think we're pretty tolerant in this issue as well. allthough sadly there's always a minority who disapproves of homosexuality as was proven a few weeks back when a gay guy got attacked. :sad:

Wow, I did not know about your prime minister, that's fantastic! :clap:

I'm sorry to hear about the attack. What happened to him? Is he okay now?

You're absolutely right, it doesn't matter what country we live in, there will always be the group of intolerant people. Although Finns in general are fairly tolerant there are people here who are extremely conservative, even to the point where they think men should not have long hair. :doh: And like many other countries, we have gay pride parades too and it saddens me to say that some of these parades have gotten attacked. :no:

Wow, I did not know about your prime minister, that's fantastic! :clap:

I'm sorry to hear about the attack. What happened to him? Is he okay now?

You're absolutely right, it doesn't matter what country we live in, there will always be the group of intolerant people. Although Finns in general are fairly tolerant there are people here who are extremely conservative, even to the point where they think men should not have long hair. :doh: And like many other countries, we have gay pride parades too and it saddens me to say that some of these parades have gotten attacked. :no:

he died, from what i heard the attacker was looking for a gay guy to assault cause he was sexually harrased by a gay guy... But that's no reason to go attack an innocent gay person!!! Like every victim from straight guys will go attack a straight person... that doesn't happen either right!!

he died, from what i heard the attacker was looking for a gay guy to assault cause he was sexually harrased by a gay guy... But that's no reason to go attack an innocent gay person!!! Like every victim from straight guys will go attack a straight person... that doesn't happen either right!!

Oh my god... That is incredibly sad. :tears: I cannot understand how someone else's, possibly a total stranger's, personal life could bother someone so much. Hate crimes like this are extremely tragic and a manifestation of what the human nature is capable of at its worst.

Oh my god... That is incredibly sad. :tears: I cannot understand how someone else's, possibly a total stranger's, personal life could bother someone so much. Hate crimes like this are extremely tragic and a manifestation of what the human nature is capable of at its worst.

yes i completely agree :sad:

I had a good laugh 4-5 pages back about that discussion on history but when we are talking about life today and you suggest that instead of creating an environment for people to be open about their sexual orientation society should simply be 'educated' and the troubled ones should turn to helplines when in need, a more subtle approach is messed. People don't learn about life from books. They learn about it by living it. How could people relate to a gay person if they only learned about them from books? If one discourages celebrities like Mika from coming out they are reinforcing the belief that it is something to be ashamed of. Besides, who would be the ideal person to 'educate' people? I don't think there could be better candidates for that role than famous people who youngsters consider to be role models.

You see things in that way as a tolerant person but if you aren't seriously you don't want to speak to a gay or have gay friends :doh:

You must put yourself in the shoes of someone who is not tolerant to understand his point of view and know how to act and how to advance tolerance.

It's not a matter of learning from books but to fight ignorance in a neutral way with a neutral point of view with people not pro anything that explain what homosexuality where it comes from that this is not an illness or a perversion and answer questions askes by young and old. Out now that nothing is done to the people themselves should come forward to seek to understand but they are intolerant persons who will not do this step, you must go to them but not in a sudden way by trying to impose your thinking.

suzie and sephira, i think you both are right - and wrong at the same time, as imo we need both to improve the situation for homosexuals. we need role models so those who discover that they're attracted to the same sex don't feel alone. and we need education about homosexuality in school books, to make everyone aware that it's not a disease or anything, but perfectly normal. some people believe and accept only what is written in a book. :wink2: