2012 - Mika Tells Instinct, “Yeah, I’m gay.”

dcdeb

Alright' date=' I may be rather young to join in this conversation (14) but I feel as though I have the overwhelming desire to share my views on this point. Seen through my eyes, the way we live our lives is certainly subject to outside interpretation. This is especially true for Mika, who, as a celebrity, has chosen to accept the possibility that aspects of his private life may come into view of the public eye and the eye of his fanbase. And how everyone sees the world is highly dependent upon how they were brought up, their opinions, thoughts, religious beliefs etc. Therefore something that seems one way to someone of a certain belief may seem differently to someone of a different belief (I'm trying to maintain a position of neutrality) One may belief that homosexuality is wrong and they have their right to that belief, therefore in their eyes wanting to 'save' Mika would be an expression of their love and respect for him. Although in someone else's view homosexuality is fine and therefore not wanting to interfere would be a sign of [i']their[/i] respect and love for him. Although it isn't necessary to respect someone's PoV (however preferable that would be) it is a good and highly informative thing to observe it. But in the end it's Mika's personal life and so his beliefs and views are what matter to him. As his fans we're here for his music, no? And yet we find ourselves in such a position as to judge his character based off of that. He has the right to withhold any information from us as he wishes. So what I'm trying to say (albeit in a highly unstructured way, sorry for that) is that overall HIS beliefs are what should govern HIS life, and regardless of whether we agree or not that isnt going to change. Feel free to live your OWN life how YOU want to. But it's quite a pointless matter to be so grieved and distressed over something that not only does you no harm whatsoever but that also makes someone happy. No matter if you have no personal attachment to Mika, (which although most of us do we really should not) you're here for music which is, other than in principle, rather unaffected by sexuality.

Seriously ... you talk alot of sense for a 14 year old ... much respect to you hunny :thumb_yello:

• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Even speaking as someone who finds the Marie Antoinette outfit completely gasmic, I fully admit that boots would have made it even better!

600.jpg

told you Im not good at this. :aah:

But nicely done !!!:das:

Even speaking as someone who finds the Marie Antoinette outfit completely gasmic, I fully admit that boots would have made it even better!

600.jpg

I don't think anything could make that outfit gasmic for me :mf_rosetinted:

:naughty::fisch:

Seriously ... you talk alot of sense for a 14 year old ... much respect to you hunny :thumb_yello:

Thank you, I live quite a boring life in a boring house in a boring state. I live for talking sense. Otherwise I would explode from boredom and die :aah: It's genuinely all I do, i think :naughty:

Nice that he finally told that. Without "running around " the topic about sexuality. Its good for him.:wink2:

And, actually I was little bit shocked after the words before TOOL at Heaven. About that man.

But - now I realise - Its not my business. I love him like a person, and artist. Nothing was changed. I dont have to sleep with him. So, It doesnt change anything. I'm his fan, and i'm ok with that.:wink2:

Alright' date=' I may be rather young to join in this conversation (14) but I feel as though I have the overwhelming desire to share my views on this point. Seen through my eyes, the way we live our lives is certainly subject to outside interpretation. This is especially true for Mika, who, as a celebrity, has chosen to accept the possibility that aspects of his private life may come into view of the public eye and the eye of his fanbase. And how everyone sees the world is highly dependent upon how they were brought up, their opinions, thoughts, religious beliefs etc. Therefore something that seems one way to someone of a certain belief may seem differently to someone of a different belief (I'm trying to maintain a position of neutrality) One may belief that homosexuality is wrong and they have their right to that belief, therefore in their eyes wanting to 'save' Mika would be an expression of their love and respect for him. Although in someone else's view homosexuality is fine and therefore not wanting to interfere would be a sign of [i']their[/i] respect and love for him. Although it isn't necessary to respect someone's PoV (however preferable that would be) it is a good and highly informative thing to observe it. But in the end it's Mika's personal life and so his beliefs and views are what matter to him. As his fans we're here for his music, no? And yet we find ourselves in such a position as to judge his character based off of that. He has the right to withhold any information from us as he wishes. So what I'm trying to say (albeit in a highly unstructured way, sorry for that) is that overall HIS beliefs are what should govern HIS life, and regardless of whether we agree or not that isnt going to change. Feel free to live your OWN life how YOU want to. But it's quite a pointless matter to be so grieved and distressed over something that not only does you no harm whatsoever but that also makes someone happy. No matter if you have no personal attachment to Mika, (which although most of us do we really should not) you're here for music which is, other than in principle, rather unaffected by sexuality.

I totally agree with this! :thumb_yello: I was trying to remain neutral, but it's not one of my strong points, so well done to you! :huglove: And you are never to young to comment on this(unless you are immature), especially with words of wisdom.

Nice that he finally told that. Without "running around " the topic about sexuality. Its good for him.:wink2:

And, actually I was little bit shocked after the words before TOOL at Heaven. About that man.

But - now I realise - Its not my business. I love him like a person, and artist. Nothing was changed. I dont have to sleep with him. So, It doesnt change anything. I'm his fan, and i'm ok with that.:wink2:

I can't understand what he's saying...O.o

You are very wise

I totally agree with this! :thumb_yello: I was trying to remain neutral, but it's not one of my strong points, so well done to you! :huglove: And you are never to young to comment on this(unless you are immature), especially with words of wisdom.

:teehee: I have strong opinions I suppose. My life is such that nobody ever listens to me and I have to resort to logic. So I guess it's so nice for people to listen for a change. :teehee::teehee: So thank you. :hug:

:teehee: I have strong opinions I suppose. My life is such that nobody ever listens to me and I have to resort to logic. So I guess it's so nice for people to listen for a change. :teehee::teehee: So thank you. :hug:

Well, I'm pretty much the same, although in real life I make people listen:mf_rosetinted:

Well, I'm pretty much the same, although in real life I make people listen:mf_rosetinted:

:naughty: Well it's alot harder to do that at 14, when adults with uninformed opinions refuse to listen to you and dismiss you as too young to understand the 'truth' :aah: Ive always been out of place and in my own head because of it.

I mean this ones: ''For a man, I love''

But, I'm understand right.? - he's out of relationship now.? After this 5 years.?

I mean this ones: ''For a man, I love''

But, I'm understand right.? - he's out of relationship now.? After this 5 years.?

No, he is in a relationship right now. His ex boyfriend left him after five years around Paloma´s accident. But he is in love again.

"I wrote this song after a long time not writing anything. It talks about my life, it talks about the church, it talks about falling in love and it talks about being happy and proud about falling in love with whoever you fall in love with, even if it's a man. So in a way, this is my statement and my thank you. To the man I love. " :wub2:

"I wrote this song after a long time not writing anything. It talks about my life, it talks about the church, it talks about falling in love and it talks about being happy and proud about falling in love with whoever you fall in love with, even if it's a man. So in a way, this is my statement and my thank you. To the man I love. " :wub2:

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww..:wub2:

:naughty: Well it's alot harder to do that at 14' date=' when adults with uninformed opinions refuse to listen to you and dismiss you as too young to understand the 'truth' :aah: Ive always been out of place and in my own head because of it.[/quote']

Don't listen to them. Most adults think they know everything, but they don't. Just give them the idea they do, and stay as wise and curious and different as you are.

No, he is in a relationship right now. His ex boyfriend left him after five years around Paloma´s accident. But he is in love again.

Sorry, where did you read that? :wink2: I didn't know about it actually.

@StarryEyed<3

Really well said :huglove:

What I'm writing now it is not about Mika private life it is not my business. like I always said :wink2:

I saw that some fans thinks that homosexuality is a sin. To be a sin it has to be something no natural.

I am a practicing Catholic but I can not ignore medicine, genetics and endocrinology.

Many scientists have worked for years to understand how someone could only be homosexual. In fact heterosexuality may be bisexual, but a gay person can not be physically attracted to the opposite sex.

An endocrinologist Jacques Balthazart says that "homosexuality is caused by an interaction between genetic and hormonal factors in the embryo. Several studies indeed suggest that a very important stress suffered by the mother during pregnancy could unbalance the machine hormonal embryonic and lasting influence sexual orientation.

These studies suggest that homosexuals have been exposed during their embryonic life at concentrations atypical of hormones, too many androgens to women and not enough for man. "In animals, it is also possible to experimentally alter hormone levels are exposed embryos. Either can be added at a specific phase of development of testosterone in female embryos, it is may block the action of testosterone in male embryos. and as adults we find behavioral characteristics of the opposite sex although the morphological structures of the animal and genitals were not modified.

More surprisingly, such behavioral changes could be induced artificially after birth. "In addition to these well known effects of slow, rapid changes in the concentration of estrogen in the brain are followed after a few minutes to parallel changes in the expression of sexual behavior in male mice," says the Center for Neurobiology and cellular molecular, which echoes an article published by the team of Jacques Balthazart in The Journal of Neuroscience."

The whole article is there in french (sorry :naughty: ) but I think there's an english version somewhere http://www.lemonde.fr/planete/article/2010/02/04/l-homosexualite-est-genetique-selon-un-chercheur_1301366_3244.html

I know I'm the most boring person in the world :mikacool:

Edited by Sephira

Okay so I'm I've only been a Mika fan for a couple months so I'm not sure how much my opinion counts for but I feel the need to share it.

As I previously stated, I've only been a fan for a short time but even in that time, I was pretty confident that Mika was gay, despite my delusional fantasies. Does his coming out make me love him less? No. Do I think Mika is going to be condemed to h*ll? No. I'm not a religious person in the least so I fell that too say he needs to be saved is absolutely ridiculous. He's happy. And isn't the main point of life to be happy? But I noticed someone, Lena?, I think, say something along the lines of how this isn't love and that it's basically a choice to be gay. Forgive me if that was incorrect but if it wasn't I have a question or well a statement really. Where I live, I've seen the news and frequently, it shows the story of boys who date and appear to be heterosexual but are not really attracted to women in the least. They try but they just aren't. When they finally come out, they are bullied, harrassed, and the end result? The hurt themselves or worse. Now I'm NOT saying this is Mika or will happen to him. My question is this, if being homosexual was always a choice, why would these people choose to hurt themselves because they can't find acceptance instead of just simply chosing to be hetero? I'm truly not trying to offend anybody, I'm just trying to express my opinion, scattered and nonsensical as it may be.