2012 - Mika Tells Instinct, “Yeah, I’m gay.”

dcdeb

Now I finally understand his answer in the whiteboard interview:

P1040035.jpg

In five years Mika is going to live in the Netherlands. :mf_rosetinted:

Awwww yeaaaaah!

But this was offered me. live as I desire and choose whom I wish, irrespective of gender. Because, it is freedom now and 21th. I was shocked by this.

No I do not think so. This is an example of teaching adults and their approval. And pushing. Maybe I read the article misleading and your children are not taught that it is possible to try and choose with whom they will be more pleasant to sleep?

My egoism was shown, when I showed anger at Ida. But this was long gone. Now I really would have been happy if he married her. Or on the other girl. I overcame jealousy and selfishness. But now it's not the case. I can not recognize this as love. That's it. This is a sexual relationship.

Thank you, that you said she did not treat me bad. This is valuable.♥

But why do I hear and read examples of other gay men that they were able to cope with this? Why did I read that you can overcome yourself and do not go on about desires? I only hear what I have been accused of homophobia and say that I am wrong. Right now I am no longer afraid to be condemned. Because I have nothing more to lose. But I have not lost faith in his innocence. You can change if aware that homosexuality is wrong. But not everyone wants. Because I do not want to give up easy and sweet, and work on yourself. And even more so when you are satisfied. Why do they hide? Why is hard to admit? Because it is difficult to be deceived. If you are right, then you have nothing to be ashamed of and you do not have to adjust itself for years, so to speak. I understand also that we have a different perception of life. I understand. I understand that you will not understand me. In the same way as I do not understand you. I can not here develop my thoughts. I'm no extremist and evil attacks. I do not want any troubles or punishment. I just do not understand how anyone can live like this.I deny myself in some things and desires .. I put down a lot and did not give a try. I do not think I lost something. This is whims . And if I could go back, I would have banned myself some things. I do not understand when a man thinks he can do whatever wish.

If people judge you, shout at you, abuse you just because of who you love, there is no other way but to hide. That has nothing to do with right or wrong. That is self protection.

• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes, it is gone. The only reason why they could even exist, is because they did not put their views into practise as an organisation, and you can't forbid an organisation based on what members of that club did, without doing it in the name of said organisation. They could only be prosecuted individually. Now they did find a way to forbid the organisation. It doesn't matter what you think about my country, and yes we are pretty liberal here, but nobody in their right mind here or anywhere else in the world would accept sex with children.

Awwww yeaaaaah!

If people judge you, shout at you, abuse you just because of who you love, there is no other way but to hide. That has nothing to do with right or wrong. That is self protection.

Scream and judge. Because some/me believe that they/you can cope with this, they/me believe that it is a whim. Do you understand?... I think it's a whim, but you think that this freedom of choice. Miscellaneous. Screaming because they/me want to save you. You do not want to be saved, because you consider free to make such a choice. There will never be completely right.

I have a very different vision. While I want to save Mika, it means that I love him. If I would not care, then I will say, "let he be the way he is. f* him"

:shocked: i just noticed there is a typewriter in the back, on the shelf... i wonder when was the last time it was used! I haven't seen one in a long time! :naughty:

Wasn't there a recent photo of him wearing the typewriter and "playing" it as if it were an accordion? Or did I see a pic of someone else with a red typewriter and now I'm thinking it's Mika? My memory is so terrible. :naughty: Anyway the picture was a cute idea.

But this was offered me. live as I desire and choose whom I wish, irrespective of gender. Because, it is freedom now and 21th. I was shocked by this.

No I do not think so. This is an example of teaching adults and their approval. And pushing. Maybe I read the article misleading and your children are not taught that it is possible to try and choose with whom they will be more pleasant to sleep?

But why do you think this is what he wants? Why do you think he wants to enjoy the freedom of the 21st century to be with the person he wants to be with? You never answered my question. Why do you love Mika? Is that your choice? Did you chose to love a man that you will never know and will never love you back so that it makes you unhappy? Why would you do that to yourself?

People WANT to be with the person they love because they love them. That doesn't mean you can just pick and choose whether you fall in love with men or women. Do you understand we're talking about love here and not sex? You can live your entire life without having sex with another person but it's not going to change your feelings and your sexuality.

Why do they hide? Why is hard to admit? Because it is difficult to be deceived. If you are right, then you have nothing to be ashamed of and you do not have to adjust itself for years, so to speak.

Because so many people are brainwashed by their church and their society to believe that it is wrong! Who wants to be judged and harassed and told you are wrong and should change things that feel perfectly natural for you?

I am an atheist. I feel no shame about that whatsoever. But I don't go to my conferences in the southern United States and tell all my company's clients that I am an atheist. They don't understand it. They were raised in a very religious society and they think it's wrong. I had the same experience in South Africa which is also a very religious society.

I don't see the need to bring up my atheism among people who don't understand it when my religious beliefs are totally irrelevant to whatever business I'm conducting or superficial socializing I'm involved with. Just like Mika felt he didn't need to discuss his sexuality with the public because he just wanted them to listen to his music. Sometimes you need to just go along to get along because every moment and situation in life is not worth fighting over.

But why do I hear and read examples of other gay men that they were able to cope with this? Why did I read that you can overcome yourself and do not go on about desires?

I don't know where you are reading that but I have never talked to anyone who felt that they were gay and then decided that they could just be happy with a woman. It sounds like denial to me.

The bottom line is Mika is gay and he's not going to change. You can hate it. You can pray for him. You can hope forever that he will change. But he won't. I'm sorry it's upsetting for you and whether you accept homosexuality or not, you are going to have to accept that Mika is not going to live his life as a straight man. It doesn't matter whether I agree with his lifestyle. It doesn't matter whether you disagree with his lifestyle. It's just the way it is. :dunno:

Scream and judge. Because some/me believe that they/you can cope with this, they/me believe that it is a whim. Do you understand?... I think it's a whim, but you think that this freedom of choice. Miscellaneous. Screaming because they/me want to save you. You do not want to be saved, because you consider free to make such a choice. There will never be completely right.

I have a very different vision. While I want to save Mika, it means that I love him. If I would not care, then I will say, "let he be the way he is. f* him"

It's not your place to save him as you put it ... he's his own person ... a grown man ... making his own decisions ... which he has every right to do ... I'll be honest ... I don't know how you can call yourself a Mika fan and say that you love him when you feel like this ... what he does or feels has no bearing on you ... on what music he makes now or in the future ... I'm trying to understand your view point ... but I find it really hard to contend with such homophobic preaching ... that's why I'm not at all religious ... all I see is hatred mostly coming out of it ... I know I don't judge people ... I'm a good person ... I try to see good in other people ... what Mika does in his private life is exactly that ... it's private and nothing to do with me - we won't see eye to eye on this ever ... but I think you need to accept what is ... you can't change it :dunno:

I think it's a whim, but you think that this freedom of choice.

It's not a whim Lena. He's been sneaking into gay bars since he was 15 years old. He didn't make a choice to fall in love with a man because society told him it was okay. This is who he is, it's who he's always been and he's not going to change.

My egoism was shown, when I showed anger at Ida. But this was long gone. Now I really would have been happy if he married her. Or on the other girl. I overcame jealousy and selfishness. But now it's not the case. I can not recognize this as love. That's it. This is a sexual relationship.

It is pure egotism that makes you say "He can't possibly love another man, it's just sex. He could turn away from it if he wanted to."

We could get into biology, biochemistry, but it would be pointless. It is what it is. Mika is in love with a man, with all the wonderful things that love involves.

To say he CHOSE to fall in love with a man is saying YOU could choose to fall in love with a woman, if you wanted to. Try it, and then come back and tell us how it went.

He can no more choose to be attracted to women than you can choose to be attracted to women. Gender preference and attraction is hardwired into the brain, it's not something we get to pick.

I don't think Mika is waiting to be saved. Not by anyone, let alone by his fans.

And so basically, you believe that only those who want to change his personality or solve this little "problem" of his,as you describe it , are the ones that care about him and the others that accept his personality don't care one bit. I'm sorry, but that's just wrong. That's clinging on to this image of Mika that is formed completely to your wishes. That's not caring about someone, that's being delusional and denying him as a person.

Before you're going to save Mika, maybe you should ask him first if he wants to be saved. I can already guess his answer. :mf_rosetinted:

It must be hard indeed; but it's good that you are trying :thumb_yello: Thanks to you, little by little, mentalities will change :wink2:

exactly!!!!! thanks!! :huglove:

I am writing awkward. I know. I still do not know the language. I wanted to say that should not deny the fact that he was in a hurry to tell everything for promote the album. To draw attention to the album. This is clear as day.

perhaps it could happen for an artist who is entirely commercial, and thinks that his personal life is more entertaining than his music, but I def think IT IS NOT mika´s case!! as we know, MIKA is an artist through his music, and for his passion for the art, and his private life has always been an issue that he always higlighted as completly yours! ....so, about the fans, we love his music, his gigs, to have Meet and Greets, to know MFCers from all over the world, and to know about his private life doesnt mean a lot to us...(maybe it´s true we care about his sisters and mum, but that´s cause they´ve been always with him, and through career they´ve been the most important support)...:thumb_yello:

and for the one who are not his fans...well...they already suspected he was gay...soo...where is the new?? :naughty::aah:

Why is everyone so scared of him losing his fanbase anyway? Adam Lambert is gay and he has many fans, just like the Scissor Sisters, Elton John, George Michael etc. etc. Being gay does not necessarily mean your career will be dead.

yeah...I agree!!! :thumb_yello: for examply: Ricky Martin!!! he´s married with another man, with twins...and he has an excellent career (even in latinoamerica the issue of his coming out was like a new impulse to his career):wink2:

But Lena, this has nothing to do with you, nothing to do with your beliefs, nothing to do with what you think is wrong or right.... it's about Mika's life and his beliefs...

If you choose to continue following Mika's career, then you have to take him the way he is.

Edited by guylainem123

Woah hold up! Are you saying that becuase we accept Mika for who he is, that we don't care? I'm sure that everyone on this fanclub cares for Mika and his music, otherwise we would not be here in the first place. By you wanting to change him is not caring for him. And by saying that this is a 'whim' and that you must 'save' him is wrong. I think you should just accept him for who he is, he's not going to change- especially not for his fans. This is his life- not yours, not mine, nobody but his. Just please realise that he is with a man, he says he's gay, he is in love- and this is what is truly making him happy in life.

Woah hold up! Are you saying that becuase we accept Mika for who he is, that we don't care? I'm sure that everyone on this fanclub cares for Mika and his music, otherwise we would not be here in the first place. By you wanting to change him is not caring for him. And by saying that this is a 'whim' and that you must 'save' him is wrong. I think you should just accept him for who he is, he's not going to change- especially not for his fans. This is his life- not yours, not mine, nobody but his. Just please realise that he is with a man, he says he's gay, he is in love- and this is what is truly making him happy in life.

Can't agree with you more.. It's so well said..

i don't care if he is gay or not.. I still love him the way he is. He's not gonna change only because his fans doesn't like the fact he's gay.. Ofc he wants his fans to be happy but hey.. You can't change yourself. Once you love people from your own sex, it'll be like this.. So I agree with you totally.. i'm sure that most of MFCers are happy that he's happy and he has the courage to say that out. :original:

that's only my opinion =)

Can't agree with you more.. It's so well said..

i don't care if he is gay or not.. I still love him the way he is. He's not gonna change only because his fans doesn't like the fact he's gay.. Ofc he wants his fans to be happy but hey.. You can't change yourself. Once you love people from your own sex, it'll be like this.. So I agree with you totally.. i'm sure that most of MFCers are happy that he's happy and he has the courage to say that out. :original:

that's only my opinion =)

Thanks and I agree with your opinion too! :thumb_yello: I mean, yeah I feel he wants to keep us happy, but I'm glad he's put himself first. And I think a majority of MFCers feel the same too- that's what makes us so awesome and the best fanbase ever! :mf_rosetinted:

Thanks and I agree with your opinion too! :thumb_yello: I mean, yeah I feel he wants to keep us happy, but I'm glad he's put himself first. And I think a majority of MFCers feel the same too- that's what makes us so awesome and the best fanbase ever! :mf_rosetinted:

sooo riigghtt !!

No I don't think so! haha Koreans are not that hugely conservative about 'gay' ppl. :naughty: I'm just worring about the possibility of some part of his fanbase shun him ...you know, every single fan is important and treasure! :naughty:

And, Mika got fame without any special promo or something here. All he just do is doing one gig a year but he is loved more than 1D or Adam lambert Katy Perry or other hot world famous popstars. It's a miracle , and I fear the possibility of the end of 'Miracle' because of his outing.. that's all...

But if they shun him, then they never really loved him. People who truly love him will embrace everything about him, because it's part of who he actually is.

Before he started talking openly about his relationship and sexuality, there was always something closed off about him. Not quite so much, on stage, but certainly off it, he would sometimes seem uncomfortable.

Then, starting with the last tour he did (the Marie Antoinette one) he seemed happier. Fans were commenting that he seemed to be in-love and I think it was obvious. This relationship has obviously continued and grown stronger, so it's his relationship which has really dictated when he would come-out. Like anyone else who falls in love, he wants to shout it from the rooftops.

As far as I'm concerned, anyone who leaves his fanbase, never really knew him in the first place.

But I actually think he'll gain more fans than he looses, because now he is really being himself and people will see this for themselves. I think they are probably doing that already from watching the interviews he's given recently, including his wonderful contribution on Newsnight's Olympic Special. Of course the Olympic thing was nothing to do with his coming out, but he was so relaxed and happy, in a way that I hope, he will always be, and I'm sure people loved him on the show.

Edited by Marilyn Mastin

I'm sorry but I don't think homosexuality is anything anyone needs to be saved from. I have never understood how loving someone can be wrong or a sin and I never will.

Also, there is a difference between not caring and accepting. Some of Mika's fans probably don't care about his sexual preferences and others accept it. Whether you see it or not, there IS a difference.

I would like to say that I don't have an opinion about this, but since I'm posting in this thread I guess I have.

I can't see Mika with a man, but I can't see him with a woman either. I actually can't see him with anyone. I guess it's because to me it only exist Mika the artist and the music he produce. Not the world around him, I'm not a part of that, I never met Mika, I never talked to him I don't know who he is. But I hope that he's happy because everyone deserved to be that, and it's good that he finally is comfortable enough to tell the world, not who he is and what he are, but to say that he is gay.

Eh whatever, live your life as you want Mika I don't care. :mf_rosetinted:

Wasn't there a recent photo of him wearing the typewriter and "playing" it as if it were an accordion? Or did I see a pic of someone else with a red typewriter and now I'm thinking it's Mika? My memory is so terrible. :naughty: Anyway the picture was a cute idea.

But why do you think this is what he wants? Why do you think he wants to enjoy the freedom of the 21st century to be with the person he wants to be with? You never answered my question. Why do you love Mika? Is that your choice? Did you chose to love a man that you will never know and will never love you back so that it makes you unhappy? Why would you do that to yourself?

People WANT to be with the person they love because they love them. That doesn't mean you can just pick and choose whether you fall in love with men or women. Do you understand we're talking about love here and not sex? You can live your entire life without having sex with another person but it's not going to change your feelings and your sexuality.

Because so many people are brainwashed by their church and their society to believe that it is wrong! Who wants to be judged and harassed and told you are wrong and should change things that feel perfectly natural for you?

I am an atheist. I feel no shame about that whatsoever. But I don't go to my conferences in the southern United States and tell all my company's clients that I am an atheist. They don't understand it. They were raised in a very religious society and they think it's wrong. I had the same experience in South Africa which is also a very religious society.

I don't see the need to bring up my atheism among people who don't understand it when my religious beliefs are totally irrelevant to whatever business I'm conducting or superficial socializing I'm involved with. Just like Mika felt he didn't need to discuss his sexuality with the public because he just wanted them to listen to his music. Sometimes you need to just go along to get along because every moment and situation in life is not worth fighting over.

I don't know where you are reading that but I have never talked to anyone who felt that they were gay and then decided that they could just be happy with a woman. It sounds like denial to me.

The bottom line is Mika is gay and he's not going to change. You can hate it. You can pray for him. You can hope forever that he will change. But he won't. I'm sorry it's upsetting for you and whether you accept homosexuality or not, you are going to have to accept that Mika is not going to live his life as a straight man. It doesn't matter whether I agree with his lifestyle. It doesn't matter whether you disagree with his lifestyle. It's just the way it is. :dunno:

It's not a whim Lena. He's been sneaking into gay bars since he was 15 years old. He didn't make a choice to fall in love with a man because society told him it was okay. This is who he is, it's who he's always been and he's not going to change.

I do not know. This is what happened. I did not choose. He was making me unhappy and happy... Maybe, it is addictive. Maybe it will pass now. Maybe all this happened for the better. At least I have lost the desire to die. I sobered up. I'm afraid myself. I love passionately and I can hate passionately ... because I love . But I can inflict physical pain only to myself, but to anyone. Never. I would now rushed to save him, not sparing my life. But I can not accept his lifestyle. Again, to put blinders on your eyes? .. Too difficult. Because for me it is a sin. I do not know what it is. Let it is not love. God help me. I do not feel the wrath of those two days, although for me it would be a cause for anger.

I have no idea how to be an atheist. From this thought in my heart is empty, as if I've lost love, or even worse. Without God I do not see sense in life at all. He always listens to me. Mika had never been over of God for me. Never. He helped me to love him and protect. But you do not understand).

It's not your place to save him as you put it ... he's his own person ... a grown man ... making his own decisions ... which he has every right to do ... I'll be honest ... I don't know how you can call yourself a Mika fan and say that you love him when you feel like this ... what he does or feels has no bearing on you ... on what music he makes now or in the future ... I'm trying to understand your view point ... but I find it really hard to contend with such homophobic preaching ... that's why I'm not at all religious ... all I see is hatred mostly coming out of it ... I know I don't judge people ... I'm a good person ... I try to see good in other people ... what Mika does in his private life is exactly that ... it's private and nothing to do with me - we won't see eye to eye on this ever ... but I think you need to accept what is ... you can't change it :dunno:

It is pure egotism that makes you say "He can't possibly love another man, it's just sex. He could turn away from it if he wanted to."

We could get into biology, biochemistry, but it would be pointless. It is what it is. Mika is in love with a man, with all the wonderful things that love involves.

To say he CHOSE to fall in love with a man is saying YOU could choose to fall in love with a woman, if you wanted to. Try it, and then come back and tell us how it went.

He can no more choose to be attracted to women than you can choose to be attracted to women. Gender preference and attraction is hardwired into the brain, it's not something we get to pick.

Before you're going to save Mika, maybe you should ask him first if he wants to be saved. I can already guess his answer. :mf_rosetinted:

This say all non-believers/ Sorry

But Lena, this has nothing to do with you, nothing to do with your beliefs, nothing to do with what you think is wrong or right.... it's about Mika's life and his beliefs...

If you choose to continue following Mika's career, then you have to take him the way he is.

I do not know what will happen tomorrow, I now know nothing. My life turned upside down. Because he will not take me for who I am? Be broken or go away? I'm at a crossroads. I do not know what I'll feel...

* For me, this is so, because I have other views. You take Mika such, because you love. I do not accept all it because I love. You do not understand.

Sorry, I'm tired of running after you.