2012 - Mika Tells Instinct, “Yeah, I’m gay.”

dcdeb

I would like to say that I don't have an opinion about this, but since I'm posting in this thread I guess I have.

I can't see Mika with a man, but I can't see him with a woman either. I actually can't see him with anyone. I guess it's because to me it only exist Mika the artist and the music he produce. Not the world around him, I'm not a part of that, I never met Mika, I never talked to him I don't know who he is. But I hope that he's happy because everyone deserved to be that, and it's good that he finally is comfortable enough to tell the world, not who he is and what he are, but to say that he is gay.

Eh whatever, live your life as you want Mika I don't care. :mf_rosetinted:

I have to say I agree- it's his private life and we aren't a part of it, and it's a blessing that he shares as much about himself as he does with us. Having a connection with an artist is lovely in terms of understanding music but not necessary at all.

• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would like to say that I don't have an opinion about this, but since I'm posting in this thread I guess I have.

I can't see Mika with a man, but I can't see him with a woman either. I actually can't see him with anyone. I guess it's because to me it only exist Mika the artist and the music he produce. Not the world around him, I'm not a part of that, I never met Mika, I never talked to him I don't know who he is. But I hope that he's happy because everyone deserved to be that, and it's good that he finally is comfortable enough to tell the world, not who he is and what he are, but to say that he is gay.

I just LOVE how you came in and proved my point about some fans not being interested in Mika's sexuality. :naughty: Cheers!

I read all your posts of this discussion because I've always had my ideas clear about this subject, about church and love, even If I'm quite young (18).. I loved to see that a lot of people here are open-minded and I pretty much identified myself in who doesn't believe in church and in god. I can say I'm really happy Mika felt the courage to tell the world who he is, even If many of us already knew it, because this statement means a lot for him, more than for us: that means he is proud of himself, and therefore happy. And there's nothing better to be who you want to be, not caring what other people think.

He will lose some fan? I hope not, but if this should happen, I think it's not a problem, he only lost who doesn't deserve him and his music.

I hope I've made my toughts clear to everyone

The rules of the church were made by human beings who wanted to rule other people and the rules were made thousands of years ago and don´t suit to the world today. So the church turned into an institution which want to make profit out of the people and I´m so sorry for all the people who feel bad and guilty because they can´t live with those stupid rules. The only rules which are important are the ten rules God gave the humans and not what church made out of it!

:clap: Why on earth do I need someone for telling me what's good or bad,what's right or wrong?? We do have our own brains and we can use it!

I do not know. This is what happened. I did not choose. He was making me unhappy and happy... Maybe, it is addictive. Maybe it will pass now. Maybe all this happened for the better. At least I have lost the desire to die. I sobered up. I'm afraid myself. I love passionately and I can hate passionately ... because I love . But I can inflict physical pain only to myself, but to anyone. Never. I would now rushed to save him, not sparing my life. But I can not accept his lifestyle. Again, to put blinders on your eyes? .. Too difficult. Because for me it is a sin.

You don't have to approve of his lifestyle but if you don't accept that it IS his lifestyle then you are only hurting yourself. You have already invested 5 years in believing that Mika is not living as a gay man. How many more years do you want to waste on this false hope?

Mika is not your son. He is not your friend. He is not your lover. You don't know what goes on his life anyway. If you did this wouldn't have come as such a horrible shock to you. He will continue to live the same life he has been living since before we even knew who he was and we will continue to live ours. No one is asking you to go against your beliefs. It's not your life.

I guess, the fans who 'leave' him because of his sexual orientation, are not the fans he needed to have by his side in the first place.

I have never seen him happier and more relaxed than after the Heaven gig. He is comfortable with who he is and frankly, he's the last person who needs saving.

I`m reading the thread all day long. All posts. I also contributed to it. I was never really interested in discussing this issue and I`ve never thought the discussion can go that far!

Allow me to put some thought into it:

the greatest wisdom I`ve ever heard is " if you love somebody - set them free".

That`s all.

Now I finally understand his answer in the whiteboard interview:

P1040035.jpg

In five years Mika is going to live in the Netherlands. :mf_rosetinted:

In five years, why wait that long Mika??!?

But this was offered me. live as I desire and choose whom I wish, irrespective of gender. Because, it is freedom now and 21th. I was shocked by this.

No I do not think so. This is an example of teaching adults and their approval. And pushing. Maybe I read the article misleading and your children are not taught that it is possible to try and choose with whom they will be more pleasant to sleep?

My egoism was shown, when I showed anger at Ida. But this was long gone. Now I really would have been happy if he married her. Or on the other girl. I overcame jealousy and selfishness. But now it's not the case. I can not recognize this as love. That's it. This is a sexual relationship.

Thank you, that you said you did not treat me bad. This is valuable.♥

But why do I hear and read examples of other gay men that they were able to cope with this? Why did I read that you can overcome yourself and do not go on about desires? I only hear what I have been accused of homophobia and say that I am wrong. Right now I am no longer afraid to be condemned. Because I have nothing more to lose. But I have not lost faith in my rightness. You can change itself itself if you understand that homosexuality is wrong. But not everyone wants. Because one do not want to give up easy and sweet, and work on itrself. And even more so when you are satisfied. Why do they hide? Why is hard to admit? Because it is difficult to be deceived. If you are right, then you have nothing to be ashamed of and you do not have to adjust itself for years, so to speak. I understand also that we have a different perception of life. I understand. I understand that you will not understand me. In the same way as I do not understand you. I can not here develop my thoughts.

I'm no extremist and don't attack they. I do not want they had troubles or punishment. I just do not understand how anyone can live like this.I deny myself in some things and desires .. I put down a lot and did not give a try. I do not think I lost something. This is whims . And if I could go back, I would have banned myself some things. I do not understand when a man thinks he can do whatever wish.

If I understand you correctly you say that homosexuals dan change their way of life of they give it some effort. Wow:shocked: Homosexuals have been (and probably are stil!) living this way; and it is completely stressing for them! Posing as straight just for society's sake! Dear Lena, I sincerely hope that your point of view changes, rather today then tomorrow.

Edited by AnnaMariaPetra

This say all non-believers/ Sorry

It has nothing to do with being a believer or a non-believer. It has to do with having respect for other people and accept their way of living. And trying to "save" someone from the way they want to live is not very respectful imo. I don't remember Mika has ever asked to be saved ... he is happy and I think that is obviously showing for the most of us. Isn't that what counts the most ... for him to be happy ... no matter with who? :dunno:

It has nothing to do with being a believer or a non-believer. It has to do with having respect for other people and accept their way of living. And trying to "save" someone from the way they want to live is not very respectful imo. I don't remember Mika has ever asked to be saved ... he is happy and I think that is obviously showing for the most of us. Isn't that what counts the most ... for him to be happy ... no matter with who? :dunno:

You're right:original:

YES! :thumb_yello: ++++1

:thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

You're so right!

When my kids saw one for the first time i explaned about how old it was etc.

Then one of them said : its not that old ,it's wireless :naughty:

Haha:naughty:

I do not know. This is what happened. I did not choose. He was making me unhappy and happy... Maybe, it is addictive. Maybe it will pass now. Maybe all this happened for the better. At least I have lost the desire to die. I sobered up. I'm afraid myself. I love passionately and I can hate passionately ... because I love . But I can inflict physical pain only to myself, but to anyone. Never. I would now rushed to save him, not sparing my life. But I can not accept his lifestyle. Again, to put blinders on your eyes? .. Too difficult. Because for me it is a sin. I do not know what it is. Let it is not love. God help me. I do not feel the wrath of those two days, although for me it would be a cause for anger.

I have no idea how to be an atheist. From this thought in my heart is empty, as if I've lost love, or even worse. Without God I do not see sense in life at all. He always listens to me. Mika had never been over of God for me. Never. He helped me to love him and protect. But you do not understand).

This say all non-believers/ Sorry

I do not know what will happen tomorrow, I now know nothing. My life turned upside down. Because he will not take me for who I am? Be broken or go away? I'm at a crossroads. I do not know what I'll feel...

* For me, this is so, because I have other views. You take Mika such, because you love. I do not accept all it because I love. You do not understand.

Sorry, I'm tired of running after you.

Lena, you kind of started this discussion...

I guess, the fans who 'leave' him because of his sexual orientation, are not the fans he needed to have by his side in the first place.

I have never seen him happier and more relaxed than after the Heaven gig. He is comfortable with who he is and frankly, he's the last person who needs saving.

the greatest wisdom I`ve ever heard is " if you love somebody - set them free".

That`s all.

Exactly :thumb_yello:

I would never think that of all artists, Mika, whose music is all about love and being free, would have 'fans' who don't accept homosexuality. This was a real shock for me.

I have not read all posts, but I read one about how gay people are all about sex and not true love. I think it was Lena's but I'm not sure.

Mika is in love with a man, and he wrote the songs of this album for a man. Personally, I think Underwater is one of the best love ballads I've ever heard, it's so honest and true and you can actually see how much he loves that special someone when he sings it, and I'm pretty sure most people on this forum really like Underwater. So knowing that he wrote this for a man, how on earth can you say that it's not true love, just because it's between people of the same gender? I didn't see him mentioning sex anywhere in this song or TOOL.

I don't want to be judgmental, but I truly feel sorry for close-minded people. You either love someone or you don't. I don't understand how someone could stop being a fan just because Mika is gay.

And for the record, I'm not a 'non-believer'.

Alright, I may be rather young to join in this conversation (14) but I feel as though I have the overwhelming desire to share my views on this point. Seen through my eyes, the way we live our lives is certainly subject to outside interpretation. This is especially true for Mika, who, as a celebrity, has chosen to accept the possibility that aspects of his private life may come into view of the public eye and the eye of his fanbase. And how everyone sees the world is highly dependent upon how they were brought up, their opinions, thoughts, religious beliefs etc. Therefore something that seems one way to someone of a certain belief may seem differently to someone of a different belief (I'm trying to maintain a position of neutrality) One may belief that homosexuality is wrong and they have their right to that belief, therefore in their eyes wanting to 'save' Mika would be an expression of their love and respect for him. Although in someone else's view homosexuality is fine and therefore not wanting to interfere would be a sign of their respect and love for him. Although it isn't necessary to respect someone's PoV (however preferable that would be) it is a good and highly informative thing to observe it. But in the end it's Mika's personal life and so his beliefs and views are what matter to him. As his fans we're here for his music, no? And yet we find ourselves in such a position as to judge his character based off of that. He has the right to withhold any information from us as he wishes. So what I'm trying to say (albeit in a highly unstructured way, sorry for that) is that overall HIS beliefs are what should govern HIS life, and regardless of whether we agree or not that isnt going to change. Feel free to live your OWN life how YOU want to. But it's quite a pointless matter to be so grieved and distressed over something that not only does you no harm whatsoever but that also makes someone happy. No matter if you have no personal attachment to Mika, (which although most of us do we really should not) you're here for music which is, other than in principle, rather unaffected by sexuality.

And for the record, I'm not a 'non-believer'.

I think it's worth pointing out that Mika is not a non-believer either. He just doesn't accept all the teachings of the church he was raised with. Just as 6 billion other people on this planet don't accept that church's teachings.

I just LOVE how you came in and proved my point about some fans not being interested in Mika's sexuality. :naughty: Cheers!

Thank you! That was exactly what I was trying to say with my comment, it's none of our business and I couldn't care less :aah:

I have to say I agree- it's his private life and we aren't a part of it' date=' and it's a blessing that he shares as much about himself as he does with us. Having a connection with an artist is lovely in terms of understanding music but not necessary at all.[/quote']

Exactly! Nothing more to add!

Alright' date=' I may be rather young to join in this conversation (14) but I feel as though I have the overwhelming desire to share my views on this point. Seen through my eyes, the way we live our lives is certainly subject to outside interpretation. This is especially true for Mika, who, as a celebrity, has chosen to accept the possibility that aspects of his private life may come into view of the public eye and the eye of his fanbase. And how everyone sees the world is highly dependent upon how they were brought up, their opinions, thoughts, religious beliefs etc. Therefore something that seems one way to someone of a certain belief may seem differently to someone of a different belief (I'm trying to maintain a position of neutrality) One may belief that homosexuality is wrong and they have their right to that belief, therefore in their eyes wanting to 'save' Mika would be an expression of their love and respect for him. Although in someone else's view homosexuality is fine and therefore not wanting to interfere would be a sign of [i']their[/i] respect and love for him. Although it isn't necessary to respect someone's PoV (however preferable that would be) it is a good and highly informative thing to observe it. But in the end it's Mika's personal life and so his beliefs and views are what matter to him. As his fans we're here for his music, no? And yet we find ourselves in such a position as to judge his character based off of that. He has the right to withhold any information from us as he wishes. So what I'm trying to say (albeit in a highly unstructured way, sorry for that) is that overall HIS beliefs are what should govern HIS life, and regardless of whether we agree or not that isnt going to change. Feel free to live your OWN life how YOU want to. But it's quite a pointless matter to be so grieved and distressed over something that not only does you no harm whatsoever but that also makes someone happy. No matter if you have no personal attachment to Mika, (which although most of us do we really should not) you're here for music which is, other than in principle, rather unaffected by sexuality.

and amen to that.

Alright' date=' I may be rather young to join in this conversation (14) but I feel as though I have the overwhelming desire to share my views on this point. Seen through my eyes, the way we live our lives is certainly subject to outside interpretation. This is especially true for Mika, who, as a celebrity, has chosen to accept the possibility that aspects of his private life may come into view of the public eye and the eye of his fanbase. And how everyone sees the world is highly dependent upon how they were brought up, their opinions, thoughts, religious beliefs etc. Therefore something that seems one way to someone of a certain belief may seem differently to someone of a different belief (I'm trying to maintain a position of neutrality) One may belief that homosexuality is wrong and they have their right to that belief, therefore in their eyes wanting to 'save' Mika would be an expression of their love and respect for him. Although in someone else's view homosexuality is fine and therefore not wanting to interfere would be a sign of [i']their[/i] respect and love for him. Although it isn't necessary to respect someone's PoV (however preferable that would be) it is a good and highly informative thing to observe it. But in the end it's Mika's personal life and so his beliefs and views are what matter to him. As his fans we're here for his music, no? And yet we find ourselves in such a position as to judge his character based off of that. He has the right to withhold any information from us as he wishes. So what I'm trying to say (albeit in a highly unstructured way, sorry for that) is that overall HIS beliefs are what should govern HIS life, and regardless of whether we agree or not that isnt going to change. Feel free to live your OWN life how YOU want to. But it's quite a pointless matter to be so grieved and distressed over something that not only does you no harm whatsoever but that also makes someone happy. No matter if you have no personal attachment to Mika, (which although most of us do we really should not) you're here for music which is, other than in principle, rather unaffected by sexuality.

Clever thought. so much respect

and amen to that.

Clever thought. so much respect

Thank you both, I spend my nights thinking about such things and Ive finally had the chance to spurt out my thoughts on the matter. It's quite a challenge to remain neutral but I like trying. And with that said I'll give my quite a bit less analytical feelings-- Mika is an amazing person who changed my life and no matter what happens to him or with him it will always be that way.