2012 - Mika Tells Instinct, “Yeah, I’m gay.”

dcdeb

I could never agree with those random comments. I think his strategy with the new album is to be real and honest and to share his happiness and I think it's the right thing to do and also possible still keeping his privacy. And for me he looks happy, even relieved and I'm very happy for him and hope this can only make things easier for him in the future :thumb_yello:

I sooooooooooo agree with you =)

Totally agree...

• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What is PNVD?

Ik moest het ook opzoeken:naughty: Stichting Martijn.

Just fun, nothing more, really? I thought you was resent pedofeliya. You was so outraged, I remember ...

I understand what you mean .. some apparently use 'gay code' for their fame or promotional purpose. and I hope and think he's not doing this. If he want to draw attention from public, he should have announced this just after releasing his album, in front of some important press I think.: Naughty: Happy he is not doing that! [/ QUOTE]

Okay, I give my rose-colored glasses for you.

Lena the church turned its back on Mika, not the other way around. They promote the condemnation of people who are not straight. I am not a Christian and I do not believe in god but even I can see that this makes no sense and is a corruption of the teachings of Jesus. [/ QUOTE]

I like it ... To blame the church, the Bible, the priests. But not a man. When the church turned its back on him? Its doctrines do not give to live as you want? I have not heard a word the charges against him. The church does not turn away. people are beginning to despise it, when their life does not fit with the church rules.

The rules of the church were made by human beings who wanted to rule other people and the rules were made thousands of years ago and don´t suit to the world today. So the church turned into an institution which want to make profit out of the people and I´m so sorry for all the people who feel bad and guilty because they can´t live with those stupid rules. The only rules which are important are the ten rules God gave the humans and not what church made out of it!

yuna[/b]; 3753289] I understand what you mean .. some apparently use 'gay code' for their fame or promotional purpose. and I hope and think he's not doing this. If he want to draw attention from public, he should have announced this just after releasing his album, in front of some important press I think.: Naughty: Happy he is not doing that! [/ QUOTE]

Okay, I give my rose-colored glasses for you.

christine[/b]; 3753318] Lena the church turned its back on Mika, not the other way around. They promote the condemnation of people who are not straight. I am not a Christian and I do not believe in god but even I can see that this makes no sense and is a corruption of the teachings of Jesus. [/ QUOTE]

I like it ... To blame the church, the Bible, the priests. But not a man. When the church turned its back on him? Its doctrines do not give to live as you want? I have not heard a word the charges against him. The church does not turn away. people are beginning to despise it, when their life does not fit with the church rules.

It might make me a bitch, which I understand I already am, or a sinner and I will definitely go to hell, but I'd rather not live my life by the rules of what was written years ago and translated in a wrong way many times to fit certain ideas. If people find comfort and safety within religion, that is their right, just as it is the right of non-believers to live our lives loving whoever we want, doing what we want and making our own choices. And yes, sometimes you make mistakes, but so do all those nice Christians.

A Dutch comedian, who is known for making jokes about religion (SHOCK HORROR!) actually said: "Everything that has status, has power and power will always cause corruption and you have to be able to ridicule it because if that is no longer possible, then you get scary situations like dictarorships and that is why it should happen."

Tnx.

Yes, ofcourse, that kind of people only to be found in The Netherlands, next to the 'unvoluntary euthaniasts'.....:mf_rosetinted:

Why don't we just burn our country while we're at it anyway? How dare we do be free!

Just fun, nothing more, really? I thought you was resent pedofeliya. You was so outraged, I remember ...

I don't know if you mean me personnally or my country. Yes, Phaedophilia is terrible, but I don't understand why you had to drag that issue into this discusion:dunno:

Oh, and I don't think Ph is a subject to joke about.

and who's the church to say how people have to live??

I say nothing. For you it is preposterous. For you to follow your instincts more important. (I'm not talking about you. No plural for "you")

I feel like a medieval pastor in Papua Guinea

Lena you have fundamentally different philosophical views on what it means to be heterosexual or homosexual than I do, than Ingie does and that many other people here do.

As far as I'm concerned homosexuality has nothing to do with "living as you want". If you fall in love with someone of the same sex then you are not heterosexual. It has nothing to do with behaviour or doing what you want. It just happens. Whether you agree with it or not, whether you understand it or not, it is natural for some people to fall in love with members of the same sex. It happens to children, the same way I first had crushes on boys when I was 6 years old. Do you really think that 6 year old children make conscious choices about who they feel love for? It just happens.

The church condemns these people for feeling what they feel. What difference would it make if Mika pretended to be straight and married a woman? Would it make the church happy? Would it change how he feels and who he is?

Why do you love Mika? I've heard you say many times that it is painful for you, that you cannot give him up, that you cannot live without him. And still you do it. But you expect Mika to deny his feelings and forget about someone he loves?

I'm sorry Lena I like you a lot and I know you are upset about this. But all I see is selfishness here. If you care about Mika you will learn to accept that this is who he is and he doesn't owe it to you or the church or anyone to pretend to be something he's not.

:thumb_yello:

I will always moan about this song or that hat if it doesn't suit my tastes. But this is personal. This is who he is and I will never judge or criticize him for it.

I was a delusional teen George Michael fangurl once upon a time. Even 20 years ago you just learned to get over it. :naughty:

You too? Oh my... It seems we lived parallel lives sometimes:thumb_yello:

I guess you refused to comment on my previous post in which I said the organisation no longer exists because our nation was against it, and always was, but due to circumstances, it could not be forbidden. It is now. Do your research darling.

Also, as I mentioned before, I bet God will not be too pleased about this: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10407559

So please, if you try to win this by using arguments like you did, make sure the thing you believe in is free of any blame :wink2:

It might make me a bitch, which I understand I already am, or a sinner and I will definitely go to hell, but I'd rather not live my life by the rules of what was written years ago and translated in a wrong way many times to fit certain ideas. If people find comfort and safety within religion, that is their right, just as it is the right of non-believers to live our lives loving whoever we want, doing what we want and making our own choices. And yes, sometimes you make mistakes, but so do all those nice Christians.

A Dutch comedian, who is known for making jokes about religion (SHOCK HORROR!) actually said: "Everything that has status, has power and power will always cause corruption and you have to be able to ridicule it because if that is no longer possible, then you get scary situations like dictarorships and that is why it should happen."

Why don't we just burn our country while we're at it anyway? How dare we do be free!

Perhaps Holland is hell, by which I mean the hell:mf_rosetinted:

Lena you have fundamentally different philosophical views on what it means to be heterosexual or homosexual than I do, than Ingie does and that many other people here do.

As far as I'm concerned homosexuality has nothing to do with "living as you want". If you fall in love with someone of the same sex then you are not heterosexual. It has nothing to do with behaviour or doing what you want. It just happens. Whether you agree with it or not, whether you understand it or not, it is natural for some people to fall in love with members of the same sex. It happens to children, the same way I first had crushes on boys when I was 6 years old. Do you really think that 6 year old children make conscious choices about who they feel love for? It just happens.

The church condemns these people for feeling what they feel. What difference would it make if Mika pretended to be straight and married a woman? Would it make the church happy? Would it change how he feels and who he is?

Why do you love Mika? I've heard you say many times that it is painful for you, that you cannot give him up, that you cannot live without him. And still you do it. But you expect Mika to deny his feelings and forget about someone he loves?

I'm sorry Lena I like you a lot and I know you are upset about this. But all I see is selfishness here. If you care about Mika you will learn to accept that this is who he is and he doesn't owe it to you or the church or anyone to pretend to be something he's not.

So so well said Xine !!! :thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

One common thing of those artists you mention - None of them held a concert in Korea. , and has less fame in Korea when compared to other parts of countries. It's not matter of banned, matter of 'Being ignored' by public. Can you understand why I felt scared? I want to see Mika doing concert in my home country.

Wouter Hamel has a huge fanbase in Korea and is openly gay... I'm not putting him in same category as the others (less known) but I would not fear too much for Mika

I don't know if you mean me personnally or my country. Yes, Phaedophilia is terrible, but I don't understand why you had to drag that issue into this discusion:dunno:

Because Dutch people are bad and we will all go to hell. That is why. And ooh noo! Gay pride parade is coming up! We're screwed!

Not you!:huglove:

I say nothing. For you it is preposterous. For you to follow your instincts more important. (I'm not talking about you. No plural for "you")

I feel like a medieval pastor in Papua Guinea

It's mankind that one day in our history decided that being gay is a sin, it wasn't god. It was man (meaning human) and now it's time that man came to terms with the fact that people are who they are.

If they fall in love with a man or a woman .what difference does it make? All that matters is that a person is happy! and for some reason, whatever that was someone somewhere has decided looong ago that that didnt matter!

:thumb_yello:

I will always moan about this song or that hat if it doesn't suit my tastes. But this is personal. This is who he is and I will never judge or criticize him for it.

I'd like to point out that you forgot to mention your love for the Compiegne pants :naughty:

What we have to realize is that we don't have to agree/like everything Mika does. It is OK to have a different opinion than Mika... but at the end of the day, it is what it & it won't change anything. I don't always like how my kids think & they are my sons! I can't expect to like everything Mika does/thinks/wears, but that doesn't mean i don't like him as an artist!

Am i happy for him? yes and hoping he can get on with the music & his new album. :yay:

I guess you refused to comment on my previous post in which I said the organisation no longer exists because our nation was against it, and always was, but due to circumstances, it could not be forbidden. It is now. Do your research darling.

Also, as I mentioned before, I bet God will not be too pleased about this: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10407559

So please, if you try to win this by using arguments like you did, make sure the thing you believe in is free of any blame :wink2:

I'm not ignoring your post. Just do not have time to quickly read and respond. Yes, I would like to know whether or not it is gone. You poked me with this for year ago. That's why I showed you your. Sorry, that just today. I don't knew that this could be in real life.

Edited by Lena

Wouter Hamel has a huge fanbase in Korea and is openly gay... I'm not putting him in same category as the others (less known) but I would not fear too much for Mika

Yeah I know and that's one thing apparently give me kind of huge relief! :naughty: But Hamel does concert 1/10 smaller venue compare to Mika. Hamel has some Maniac fans and Mika has much more broad and wide fanbase all around my country, That's something else...

I'm not ignoring your post. Just do not have time to quickly read and respond. Yes, I would like to know whether or not it is gone.

Yes, it is gone. The only reason why they could even exist, is because they did not put their views into practise as an organisation, and you can't forbid an organisation based on what members of that club did, without doing it in the name of said organisation. They could only be prosecuted individually. Now they did find a way to forbid the organisation. It doesn't matter what you think about my country, and yes we are pretty liberal here, but nobody in their right mind here or anywhere else in the world would accept sex with children.

Yeah I know and that's one thing apparently give me kind of huge relief! :naughty: But Hamel does concert 1/10 smaller venue compare to Mika. Hamel has some Maniac fans and Mika has much more broad and wide fanbase all around my country, That's something else...

I know but I see this has some hope... Don't think everyone in Korea will turn his back on Mika

I am writing awkward. I know. I still do not know the language. I wanted to say that should not deny the fact that he was in a hurry to tell everything for promote the album. To draw attention to the album. This is clear as day.

I don't believe that.

I think he opened up because he's in a relationship now and wants to be in love like any other.

Now the media knows ,they hopefully leave him and his boyfriend alone and he can do things lovers do (like walking hand in hand ,going out for dinner together )

I wish them a wonderful life together :)

I'd like to point out that you forgot to mention your love for the Compiegne pants :naughty:

It's not the pants, it's the white tights!! :sneaky2:

Well there's a first time for everything. Maybe Mika couldn't become popular if he was openly gay but perhaps since he is already popular it won't hurt him because he already has fans. I think young people especially can learn to adjust their thinking pretty quickly if it's someone they are are already attached to. Being openly gay wasn't widely accepted when I was a teenager either, but when you realize George Michael is gay you just get over it. He was still hot, he still had a great voice. Once you get over the shock (that shouldn't have been a shock at all if you weren't living in a dreamworld) you realize nothing has changed. :naughty:

I am writing awkward. I know. I still do not know the language. I wanted to say that should not deny the fact that he was in a hurry to tell everything for promote the album. To draw attention to the album. This is clear as day.

Well yea... this is soooo mean to say.. He's not some kind of a attention w***e...