Mikasounds and Twitter updates - Part 11

guylainem123

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, I witnessed 3 soundchecks last tour and he was always late, coming up with excuses like: "But I thought someone would come and get me when it was my turn." Judging by the band's reactions, these weren't incidents.

In other news, a message from Mika:

Thank you sooo much!!!:thumb_yello: How lovely to both see and hear MIKA again:wub2: He looks fantastic - well rested and ready for more fun :teehee: Good luck to everyone going to the shows in the near future - I will think of you on these dates, and look forward to reports and photos:blush-anim-cl: Enjoy it as much as you can, all MFCers :fisch::thumb_yello:

Love,love

me

Well, I witnessed 3 soundchecks last tour and he was always late, coming up with excuses like: "But I thought someone would come and get me when it was my turn." Judging by the band's reactions, these weren't incidents.

In other news, a message from Mika:

Thank you sooo much!!!:thumb_yello: How lovely to both see and hear MIKA again !! :wub2: He looks fantastic - well rested and ready for more fun :teehee: Good luck to everyone going to the shows in the near future - I will think of you on these dates, and look forward to reports and photos:blush-anim-cl: Enjoy it as much as you can, all MFCers :fisch::thumb_yello:

Love,love

me

Paolo Nutini also has this and he even records with them so for all intents and purposes they are a band. I don't think Mika needs this necessarily but I wish he wouldn't fake it. If he wants the band in the background then keep them there. It makes me uneasy to see someone treating people like good friends only to find out it's all for show. It makes you wonder if all the other things you think you know about their good character are real or illusory as well.

I think it's naive to believe everyone who has left Mika's touring company did so because they voluntarily moved on but whatever. I just ignore the band now and it doesn't make any difference to me who the drummer is. I just hope that if/when he replaces Curtis he gets another multi-instrumentalist because I like clarinet, sax, etc.

Seems Curtis is on for a while longer:wink2:

I saw Adam Lambert and Woutet Hamel gig months ago.. and I loved their bands performance and they were binded as strong team with the main singer.. I adored that vibe so much.. they're like a family,,,not employee and employer but can feel something else..more intimate and tustful full of faith.. .

Very well said! But even pop groups change members sometimes. There arn't many who still have the same members, if they stay the course.

But Mika's band arn't a pop group. They're individual musicians who are hired to form the backing to Mika. Some of them I've really liked, but I certainly don't expect them to just stay with Mika. when he isn't touring they have to go and work for someone else. Then when he gets ready to tour, maybe not all the musicians are available so he has to find someone else. There's always going to be different people and it doesn't bother me, as long as Mika is still there. He's the only one I go to see.

You can have cohesion on stage even with hired-help!

In fact, do you know that Bon Jovi is not technically a band? The only name on contrat is Jon, he's contracting the others, since 1983:fisch:

As long as it works, I don't think there is just one formula working

Paolo Nutini also has this and he even records with them so for all intents and purposes they are a band. I don't think Mika needs this necessarily but I wish he wouldn't fake it. If he wants the band in the background then keep them there. It makes me uneasy to see someone treating people like good friends only to find out it's all for show. It makes you wonder if all the other things you think you know about their good character are real or illusory as well.

I think it's naive to believe everyone who has left Mika's touring company did so because they voluntarily moved on but whatever. I just ignore the band now and it doesn't make any difference to me who the drummer is. I just hope that if/when he replaces Curtis he gets another multi-instrumentalist because I like clarinet, sax, etc.

It's always looked it's just business between him and the band. But I do love watching them all on stage and working together and it made me extra happy to hear Curtis will be in NA, he is GOOD! :thumb_yello:

I do think they were friends. The way they interacted with each other backstage didn't indicate that it was the mighty Mika and backing band. But it was obvious from the last gigs that he wants the band to be more in the background, as opposed to having them play more active roles like the band did in 2010. It's all fine with me though.

yeah, that video message on fb at least answers the question about curtis and max. :biggrin2: he would need a guitarist too tho, wouldn't he? :dunno:

weird tho that he doesn't mention the japanese gigs or the other countries they said would still follow. those intimate gigs in the us sound better and better! if he doesn't announce such gigs anywhere in europe soon, i think i'll have to find a way to travel to the us after all! :aah:

as for the general discussion about the band, i find it important that there's a chemistry on stage between mika and his band, that they can joke together and all that. and i think, if they know each other better, this does get better. maybe just because mika knows which jokes he can play on them if he's worked with them for a while, but anyway, while i wouldn't be as shocked anymore now about the new band being replaced as i was about cherisse, for example, i also wouldn't like to see him changing his complete band every few months. as for felix it was obvious that he wouldn't stay long, but i'm glad that max and curtis are still part of the band. :-)

I always got the feeling Felix was never really into the whole thing, he always seemed to wander off by himself after gigs.

Totally agree :thumb_yello:

i dont think it's a good thing to sack the bands again and again....

dont know why it happens again and again...

I love to see the whole strongly binded team play in Mika shows... not mika himself...

We don't really know for sure what's happened,maybe it was Felix the one who has quit :dunno:

maybe that's why mika hired him in the first place, in case he needed a dj for his electronic sounds. :naughty: and then felix was unhappy cause he didn't get to dj. :teehee: thank god mika's electronic phase didn't last long! :teehee:

Or maybe he is more satisfied DJ-ing,because he can get all the attention from the ladies on the audience,which was not the case at Mika gigs :naughty: I saw some pics of the front row at his shows,and the girls were :fangurl:

as for the general discussion about the band, i find it important that there's a chemistry on stage between mika and his band, that they can joke together and all that. and i think, if they know each other better, this does get better. maybe just because mika knows which jokes he can play on them if he's worked with them for a while, but anyway, while i wouldn't be as shocked anymore now about the new band being replaced as i was about cherisse, for example, i also wouldn't like to see him changing his complete band every few months. as for felix it was obvious that he wouldn't stay long, but i'm glad that max and curtis are still part of the band. :-)

Not only stage antics, but playing together musically as well requires chemistry. It's more than just dishing out the required notes, you have to function as a unit. And although I love Cherisse and the old band dearly, I understand why Mika went with a new band at the start of this album's tour. He wanted to try out a new flow, a new chemistry and I respect that creative decision.

I do however hope we'll see some of the older members again someday. Unlikely with this album, but in the future.

Just wanna say that I really admire musicians who actively play different instruments, like Curtis. Would've impressed me more if he was a woman though. I always like to see female artists who actually play their own instruments and write their own songs. Anyway, hope Tim sticks around, he's the only person in the band who's impressed me with his politeness and respect towards the fans (and talents of course, but they all are very gifted musicians).

From Facebook

We have a very special competition coming up tomorrow. A secret one. Anybody in the world can enter. But it's secret.... Believe us, you don't want to miss this, so keep checking back.............

Sounds interesting :teehee:

I miss Jimmy in the band.

jimmy! :wub2: i still love reading his tweets, he's one of my favourites on twitter! would love to see him back in the band but then, i wouldn't want to miss max either and i don't think mika needs 2 bassists. :teehee: anyway, i suppose the chances aren't big anyway that jimmy will ever return. :sad:

From Facebook

We have a very special competition coming up tomorrow. A secret one. Anybody in the world can enter. But it's secret.... Believe us, you don't want to miss this, so keep checking back.............

what's secret about it, the prize you can win? that wouldn't be new then, i still don't know what the winners of the doodle competitions got as prizes... :dunno: i wouldn't mind a golden ticket competition, travels included! :teehee: anyway, looking forward to see what they're up to. :biggrin2:

i wouldn't mind a golden ticket competition, travels included! :teehee: anyway, looking forward to see what they're up to. :biggrin2:

It kind of sounds like that doesn't it? :fisch:

I hope it's not a trip to the Toronto gig. :roftl:

jimmy! :wub2: i still love reading his tweets, he's one of my favourites on twitter! would love to see him back in the band but then, i wouldn't want to miss max either and i don't think mika needs 2 bassists. :teehee: anyway, i suppose the chances aren't big anyway that jimmy will ever return. :sad:

what's secret about it, the prize you can win? that wouldn't be new then, i still don't know what the winners of the doodle competitions got as prizes... :dunno: i wouldn't mind a golden ticket competition, travels included! :teehee: anyway, looking forward to see what they're up to. :biggrin2:

the doodle competiton winner got signed 3rd album Cd and WAG mini golden LP.

Those were pretty cool! mika signed the booklet and CD both.:wub2:

what I really wanna know is.. which gig the golden ticket winner chose to go .. that prize was such an ace!

Edited by Yuna

Brad Webb ‏@bradwebbmusic

Looking forward to @mikasounds gigs next week. 20 songs, 1 rehearsal, big audiences, brown trousers.

I guess Brads a bit nervous:naughty:

Looking forward to @mikasounds gigs next week. 20 songs, 1 rehearsal, big audiences, brown trousers.

Wouldn't anyone be nervous with just one rehearsal :shocked:

I like the sound of 20 songs but 1 rehearsal is a little worrying!

MIKA official ‏@mikasounds

Back in rehearsals after being in the studio writing for other artist. Feel like Jekyll and Hyde. Not sure which ones which...