XL REPUBBLICA - how Mika keeps himself busy ;-) - part 2

robertina

Nah I was just snapping my fingers at him. I have also turned my back on him multiple times, called him a bitch, he called me a bitch and we still like each other because he knows I'm not serious.

I don't even feel sorry for myself that this person is still spreading lies about MFC and some people. She seems unable to see that for a large part she has herself to blame and the more she keeps saying we are awful, the more she is hurting herself. I just feel sorry for those who believe that MFC is oh so bad regardless of the fact that Mika has shown time and time again that he loves MFC and respects his fanclub. I hope all these fans will change their minds and join us. Yes this is not a place where everyone will blindly admire him but at the end of the day, we are all still here for the same reason.

:thumb_yello: Well said :wub2: We really are all here for the same reason ... :mikadas:

Love,love

me

I don't even feel sorry for myself that this person is still spreading lies about MFC and some people. She seems unable to see that for a large part she has herself to blame and the more she keeps saying we are awful, the more she is hurting herself. I just feel sorry for those who believe that MFC is oh so bad regardless of the fact that Mika has shown time and time again that he loves MFC and respects his fanclub. I hope all these fans will change their minds and join us. Yes this is not a place where everyone will blindly admire him but at the end of the day, we are all still here for the same reason.

Mika has been very supportive and very clearly told how much he appreciates his fan club. If there are people who still can't see or understand that there must be something wrong with their understanding? Is someone still listening to those people? It doesn't make any sense :blink:

Mika has been very supportive and very clearly told how much he appreciates his fan club. If there are people who still can't see or understand that there must be something wrong with their understanding? Is someone still listening to those people? It doesn't make any sense :blink:

I hope not.

And the discussion here is really nice and polite, I appreciate it very much! I just feel that writing positive words doesn't make any difference. It's somehow waste of time.

I guess in the end we can discuss all we want but only time will tell what will happen.

And the discussion here is really nice and polite, I appreciate it very much! I just feel that writing positive words doesn't make any difference. It's somehow waste of time.

I'm with you,I gave up on this already.

Oh dear I spoke to soon. They are moaning already. :lmfao:

Nina I agree with Sabine. I don't want to hear the same opinions so I appreciate your point of view. Yes I suppose it doesn't accomplish anything in terms of what happens in the future but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be discussed.

Ingie I also feel sad that there have been 3 people going around trashing MFC and ruining it for would-be members. They are a small contingency but will make up any story and pass it on shamelessly to younglings and newbies in an effort to hurt us.

Well since you appear to be reading this thread I have got news for you: You are not hurting MFC. You are not hurting me. I was here long before you and I will be here long after. The only people you are hurting are the younglings who would have joined MFC if you had not intentionally been filling their heads with garbage.

It made me incredibly sad to hear a youngling say after Mika received his birthday gift that she can understand why Mika loves MFC more than other fans. No one should ever feel that way. They can be part of MFC if they want. Mika doesn't want them to be excluded and we don't want them to be excluded.

MFC is not separate from "other fans". This is an outrageous myth that has been invented and perpetuated by a small number of spiteful and shockingly selfish people who are old enough to know better. I hope that deceiving younglings and making them feel like they are inferior in Mika's eyes makes you proud. Well done.

I just find it sad that people of their age feel the need to stalk and harrass others. If it had been my mother, I would have ensured she would have no internet connection. Might sound harsh but it is sad that some people go this far.

I just find it sad that people of their age feel the need to stalk and harrass others. If it had been my mother, I would have ensured she would have no internet connection. Might sound harsh but it is sad that some people go this far.

I just don't understand what they expect to accomplish. Tweet Mika all the nasty things you want about me or other MFCers. It's not going to damage us, only themselves. Just ask all the people who've been blocked or ignored before you. Calling people names and trashing Mika's own website are not endearing behaviours. In fact I'm pretty sure they make you look like a jerk at best and at worst a psycho. If you really love Mika and are not just trying to troll everyone I suggest you find a new method of getting his attention.

Who is he most likely going to trust? People he has met multiple times over the years or people who talk trash about others but he has no clue who they are. And if he does by now it won't be in a positive way.

There are also people who don't talk trash about others but he has no clue who they are, the majority of fans I would say. That doesn't mean I for instance would start getting his attention by being nasty. Some people just can't behave when they don't have something they want :dunno:

I totally agree with all what was said before, and I just want to add one thing for everybody that is reading this thread as "visitor":

MFC is not a "VIP club" who doesn't want people to join. Just come and try, you will be warmly welcomed. And if you feel a bit lost and alone at the beginning, come say "help" on the Oldling's thread (or on your country thread), there are many nice people who will explain you things and help you.

:huglove:

And I love that people here have different opinions and express it :thumb_yello:

There are also people who don't talk trash about others but he has no clue who they are, the majority of fans I would say. That doesn't mean I for instance would start getting his attention by being nasty. Some people just can't behave when they don't have something they want :dunno:

But that is the thing. He won't pay attention to you when you are being mean to others and talk trash about his fanclub. If you're just funny and witty and have something interesting to say, he will notice you. Not when you talk trash about people you don't know.

And if you want to meet Mika, then MFC is the place to be. As far as I know, everyone on here has always been helpful in getting others to meet Mika. UNLESS people cross thde boundaries when things don't go their way but that is logical.

I totally agree with all what was said before, and I just want to add one thing for everybody that is reading this thread as "visitor":

MFC is not a "VIP club" who doesn't want people to join. Just come and try, you will be warmly welcomed. And if you feel a bit lost and alone at the beginning, come say "help" on the Oldling's thread (or on your country thread), there are many nice people who will explain you things and help you.

:huglove:

And I love that people here have different opinions and express it :thumb_yello:

That's right.

Can i also add that each country has a world rep. They are here to help you if you are a little lost or confused on MFC. We do realize that it's a huge forum and it's not always easy to find your way at first.

But hang in there! In no time, you'll be sailing through MFC with your eyes closed! :naughty:

If you can't find who your country representative is, send Silver a pm. She coordinates it all :blush-anim-cl:

Edited by guylainem123

And honestly this time around the fact that he wants to do this doesn't bother me at all. I'm just afraid he will forget his OWN music. I admire his music and I admire him as a person because he is very sweet and all, but I am not interested in Mika the Celebrity if thst means there won't be new songs anytime soon.

Truly interesting. I missed this kind of columns, where he talks about himself and compromises himself.

At least he hasn't forgotten how to write. So bad he is nos writing a song anytime soon.

Aww , why are some people so narrow minded not to accept that everyone is entitled to have a personal opinion on a subject and react in such a mean and rude way :sad:

We are all different and it would be so boring if everyone agreed on everything :wink2:

I'm so sorry you were called bad names simply because you said what you thought.

We all love Mika, that doesn't mean he's a god :naughty: He can make mistakes too obviously :thumb_yello:

I m happy I'll see Mika on TV on Saturday nights. I would not have watched that show if he hadn't been in it :teehee:

His excuse to do it is that he needs media coverage. I was shocked to learn that he didn't top the sales with TOOL although it is such a good album I didn't even bother to look at the sales until like a month ago as I happen to read that it wasn't that much of a success :blink:

I believe TOOL didn't get enough exposure and coverage in the media.

When Underwater was on TV as swatch commercial sound, it went up the charts almost instantly and now even my daughter's humming it :biggrin2:

And the same happened with Live Your Life which was on Spanish TV and made a number one hit in Spain...It should have been released everywhere though, not only in Spain and in Italy :doh:

I don't know who decides ultimately, Mika team, Mika or the media :aah:

It's kind of like the places Mika tours to, I undertand he goes where he is invited not where he would have chosen to go ? :aah:

I remember that he wanted Underwater to be the song that would be released first and that his record company made the choice of Celebrate instead. :doh:

We fans can't decide for him obviously , even Mika isn't as free as he would want to be but everyone should be allowed to express their opinion!!!!!!!

Well said!

I do see Christine's point as well and can understand it.

For me, I have always loved the musician in Mika, but I am also aware that he has to add strings to his bow if he's going to last. If he is, at least, staying in the public eye with his judging, etc, he's still famous enough to get his music out there. It's swings and roundabouts, and while I was a bit disappointed that he's once more doing something in France, I'd be ecstatic if he was doing the UK version. The reality show stuff doesn't bother me if it keeps people talking about him and open to the new music.

But my personal hope is that Mika is planning to, maybe, write a musical, or write for the cinema, or something else that he wants to do. I know he also loves doing artwork, and he's good at it, so maybe he wishes to do something along those lines.

The thing with Mika is, he's so multi-talented, and multi-facetted, that it would be a shame if all his talents and abilities didn't get shown. His wisdom and knowledge of music, and his ability to spot talent, are the aspects that are being used by the reality talent shows. Let's hope that leads to other aspects of his abilities and talent being used in other ways.

I think it's very sensible to think that our own happiness doesn't depend/should not depend on the happiness of someone else. Whoever it is, actually, not even if the other person is fairly close to us (child/parent thing must be an exception). For some reason I'm so sensitive that I care about other people's happiness, especially if I think that other person is somehow important or special. Sometimes I suffer for someone I don't even know. That's why it gives me comfort to think there's a logical reason for everything Mika does. I can't (personally) understand the meaning or importance of success or chart positions, I can understand it only if/when I see it makes him happy. And I can't understand why he would do anything just for money, but if that money helps him to finance projects he finds interesting (and give him joy) it makes totally sense. He can buy shoes with the money if it makes him happy.

Christine, I'm so sorry to hear you are called with bad names just because you have said your opinion. I was hoping the situation had calmed down. I don't have a proper picture of the real situation, because my own twitter timeline doesn't tell it. I'm definitely not trying to accuse anyone by writing positive words. I feel that I must write something. I feel that if we stay positive and wait he will do more music and new songs and shows.

I want him to be happy and I want him to do whatever he wants and excel at it. This time I'm not necessarily against the show. Just like I wasn't against his clothing line or his beer commercial. I guess, what it comes down to for me personally is just that he will forget about the music.

When I was 12 I was a big Justin Timberlake fan. When he released his 2nd solo album he did a tour and then said bye going to be an actor now. I did not agree with that decision and I voiced my opinion but it did not stop him from doing films instead. Luckily 7 years later he went back to his roots and started making music again and he does it well. But honestly, I don't want to wait 7 years for a new Mika album. Maybe that is selfish, but then so be it.

I kind of thought that too :teehee::mikacool:

:lmfao:

I hope it's not true though :aah:

I'm just a bit tired of this whole 'we must support and believe in him regardless of the choices he makes'. If I hadn't believed in him, do you really think I would still be here? I can truky say that I have been a good supporter over the years and I'm sure others who are not fond of this all feel the same. Supporting him doesn't mean agreeing with all he does and says. He knows we support him and he's not made of sugar so I'm sure he can handle the criticism.

My main concern is that he wastes his time on these shows and then ****s off for another year doing nothing, which would mean all of the popularity gained is wasted. I am also not waiting for a lame rushed French single just to have something up in the charts, after which he won't release anything for another 2 years. It is a fast-paced industry and if he wants to get back up in the charts, he will have to work his ass off for it and it's not going to happen by solely relying on a reality show.

I know and I was reluctant to voice my opinion now but honestly, if saying you don't agree with something makes you a bad fan, while spamming Mika's timeline 24/7 a day talking about what a wonderful perfect human he is does make you a good fan then I'd rather stay a bad fan.

As i'm on my hollidays and i have not much free time online i just had the time to read and i agree with everything that has been said in the posts above...:thumb_yello:

As i'm on my hollidays and i have not much free time online i just had the time to read and i agree with everything that has been said in the posts above...:thumb_yello:

I love that WW. :naughty: may I just add... I am not on holiday ... Just too lazy to write a long post ... But I agree too :thumb_yello::wink2:

:shocked: Oh come on - you know, probably better than most people on this forum, that you don't need to wait for 7 years for a new album! :teehee: Who said MIKA is not already working with new songs!? As someone said here earlier, he wrote some of his best songs in a very short time :fisch: I think he will surprise us - and come up with something really great, in a very short time - he has a big working capasity, as we all know ...:wub2:

Love,love

me

He's bound to have LYL on the album. So that's one song. He could always resurrect some of those old ones on YT, like he did with Overrated and I'm Falling/I See You. He could include HMDYLM. Maybe he would also include his version of Century Man, and didn't he say he'd written for some animated film? If that's right, he might put that on too.

I think we will get the album even though he's judging. I hope so anyway.

He's bound to have LYL on the album. So that's one song. He could always resurrect some of those old ones on YT, like he did with Overrated and I'm Falling/I See You. He could include HMDYLM. Maybe he would also include his version of Century Man, and didn't he say he'd written for some animated film? If that's right, he might put that on too.

I think we will get the album even though he's judging. I hope so anyway.

:thumb_yello: I agree - and I would LOVE if he included "Comme un soleil mal lune" :wub2: For all we know he might already have some ready songs for a new album! Anyway - I have a good feeling that MIKA will surprise us with both "diamonds and pearls" very soon ... :fisch:

Love,love

me

:thumb_yello: I agree - and I would LOVE if he included "Comme un soleil mal lune" :wub2: For all we know he might already have some ready songs for a new album! Anyway - I have a good feeling that MIKA will surprise us with both "diamonds and pearls" very soon ... :fisch:

Love,love

me

Comme un soleil mal luné is on TOOL deluxe french version. :wink2: With L'amour dans le mauvais temps and Karen.

Right now we have a few songs that could be on the next album... Hia Leah, Century Man, Ma Jeunesse, Live your life. And I'm sure he has others songs in his pocket. :bleh:

Edited by Alie

Comme un soleil mal luné is on TOOL deluxe french version. :wink2: With L'amour dans le mauvais temps and Karen.

Right now we have a few songs that could be on the next album... Hia Leah, Century Man, Ma Jeunesse, Live your life. And I'm sure he has others songs in his pocket. :bleh:

Of course! :blush-anim-cl: What I ment to say was "Ma jeunesse" - which is sooo beautiful :fisch: "Le soleil" is old and well used - even as an opening song for gigs this year, I've read here in reports :wink2: Thanks for telling me :wub2:

Love,love

me

Do you know how lucky he is with never having lost a dear person until now? I lost my grandparents with six years and my godfather at age of ten and later nearly all my uncles and aunts. I hope he won´t have to experience that for a long time.

Do you know how lucky he is with never having lost a dear person until now? I lost my grandparents with six years and my godfather at age of ten and later nearly all my uncles and aunts. I hope he won´t have to experience that for a long time.

I thought the same...

Had a discussion about coping with your dad's death with my girl's skating trainer last night. She lost her dad earlier this year and has a hard time dealing with it. Even at 54.

Although even if they are not with us physically, they are always around. I can feel my dad's presence on a daily basis:thumb_yello:

Yes when I was 6 or 7 my 32 year old aunt died and an 11 year old cousin. We were close to both families and I would regularly spend whole weekends with my aunt. I had two great grandmothers when I was born so they were both gone by the time I was 12.

Anyway yes I hope he doesn't lose his parents for a very long time. Was sad to read him talk about his mom but at least he does not take for granted that she will always be here so he can appreciate the time they have left.