MIKA as a judge at "THE VOICE" France 2014

Sweetieval

My report might be a bit long :naughty:

The trip to get there was long too , Paris is about 500 kms from the west of France where I live... some of you have known me for a long time and it used to be a big problem for me to go and see Mika because my husband didn't understand at all my addiction for Mika :wub2: for many years but things have gotten a lot better now because he changed for the best after I took a drastic decision...now that's history but I m still thrilled when I tell him if I get the ticks for Mika for such date we'll go and he says yes right away :wink2:

So I tried to get ticks for The Voice semi final and it didn't work out and for the final and this time I got my ticks :woot_jump:

We were a bit late leaving in the morning and then my husband drove the camping car to the place where my daughter studies which is about an hour drive from Paris and we got to see her boyfriend we had not meet before which was very special :wub2:

Then the rest of the road went ok, even in Paris we were lucky as there was no traffic jam we were on time :clap:

The queuing began and it lasted a long time from 5:40 PM till 8 PM . Lots of people were going up the queue , the barriers were not put in a way to prevent that...it rained at times and my husband brought us an umbrella..we had been told we would only get water during the show and that we were supposed to eat before so we had had some pains au chocolat and croissants I had bought .We queued close to a pizza maker at first , then after a long time we could get a little closer , we crossed a sidewalk which reminded me of the Swatch enigma about The Beatles album on Abbey Road but we spend a lot more time on it than The Beatles did for the pic :lmfao:

Then we had a roof over our heads which was more or less protecting us from the showers which was nice.

Some security guy finally showed up and he didn't know who was to get in or not and some people behind us in the queue started panicking that maybe they wouldn't get in as they seemed to be counting how many we were.

And they actually stopped letting people in after thirty more after me and my daughter got in :aah: (my husband told me because I didn't see)

At that point we got outside the building 127 where The Voice was going to take place.

We showed our IDs and got stamped with a round stamp with The symbol of The Voice my daughter and I and we both took pics of the back of our hands :teehee:

At that point I saw behing the barreers a dog that looked like my Pipo a lot :wink2: and it was Pipo with my husband walking him in leach , then we moved and I couldn't see my little dog anymore, then everyone started laughing even the security guys because there was my little doggy running into my direction, like he wanted to see Mika too, a true fan :wub2: I picked him up in my arms and brought him back to my husband , Pipo had broken his collar to follow me and my daughter :wub2:

It's a good thing we weren't in the building yet because I can just imagine him on the set of The Voice :lmfao:

Then we were presented with ham and cheese and chicken :chkn: sandwiches which cracked me up of course :naughty:

(part two in next post)

Part two of my report:

It was 8:10 PM when we got into the building and once in we had to leave our coats , bags , phones and everything.

After that we found bathrooms and then we walked through a corridor then we found small bottles of water we could take with us and all the sudden we couldn't not go any further we were on the set of The Voice.

The security guys had told us more than 1200 people could fit in the place. We were among the last ones , but not the very last.

We were standing as the invitations said. It was warm inside. It was a good thing we were both wearing light dresses my daughter and I. It felt like we were at a disco with lots of people around.

I didn't mind not being seated because that meant I was close to the coaches seat . I was on Garou's side but I could see Mika's seat very well (which is what mattered the most to me , it felt totally magical even to see his name in the back all lit up :wub2:)

The teasing of The Voice had to be aired so after some guy explained to us when we were supposed to scream and applause (and also explained that we would not hear the talks on the set at times , but that we were garanteed to hear the songs very well) , all the sudden the coaches were on the set :swoon:

It was more like in a theater ,they were told to go in that part of the set and the teaser was shot very fast, then they were gone again.

After that we were explained how many songs would be sung before the commercial breaks and how long they would last.

I didn't move at all during the breaks , I was watching Mika getting all pampered up by the make up artist and wishing I was the make up artist :wub2:

The coaches had a bit of time to leave their seats as well but not long.

My daughter went to get water several times. When people moved it was like a flow and we were a bit pushed each time , each of us almost fell once.

The songs were really good and as I said before it was like being in a huge disco and most songs were very punchy with a good beat, the orchestra as well as the singers were great.

I liked it when Maximilien sang "Comme d'habitude" as I was a Claude François fan in my teens , I still know all his songs by heart and Maximilien sang it very well.

At a moment everyone was looking at the stage and Mika sort of looked at my direction so I blew him a kiss as I had promised Catherine I would (that made me bold to have promised , thanks Catherine I'm glad I did it ) I' m not sure he could see me , but at least I did :wink2:

Garou blew a kiss and smiled to his fans who had called him during a break, that was really sweet of him. I can't tell for Mika , at times I couldn't see him, or hear him, it's very different than it is on TV.

Many many times during the show the crowd (and me too of course) screamed Mika's name on repeat to support him , even after songs by other singers than Kendji, it seemed like everyone was for Mika :wub2:

My very favorite song was l'Aigle noir , it was so moving to hear Mika sing it and he seemed so serious and shy :wub2: I'm so happy I could be there , I was singing along because I've always loved that song too and I always sing along with Mika , I can't help it :wub2:

And I screamed at the top of my lungs twice when they said Kendji had won because I was so happy and proud for Mika :biggrin2:

My daughter was looking at me like "Mum you're crazy" :lmfao:

I had never screamed that much and that high in my whole life :naughty:

That was such a wonderful feeling to be with him when he was winning :woot_jump:

I loved it so much :wub2:

After the results were given there was still the second part of the show to be shot but some very rude people who were on the seated places started leaving without waiting for the end. I almost lost my shoes when the flow started again...my feet hurt and if Yannick Noah could be on stage barefoot I could be barefoot in the audience too right?

There was still a song by each artist to be sang, one for Anastasia who set the audience on fire, one for Pascal Obispo, One for Yannick Noah and one for Jean Louis Aubert who ironically used to be in the group Telephone with Louis Bertignac (whose Mika replaced in The Voice)

During those songs the candidates were seating with their coaches on the side of their seat which was funny , but I couldn't see Mika because of Kendji :aah:

Then Kendji was back on stage with Mika at the end of The Voice.

After it was over my daughter told me to hurry so we could get our coats and bags before the crowd...I wanted to stay a bit but security said to go too...

I went back to the camping car to make sure my dog was ok because I wasn't sure he would have taken his meds with my husband, but he had so I grabbed the presents I had for Mika and my chicken as I had decided to wait for him outside.

As I was outside again I met Johan Mika who is a fan I knew on facebook and I was very happy to meet him for real and he was too. His mother is very nice and she likes Mika a lot too, we were going to wait for Mika in their car, but he said Mika had said good bye inside the building meaning it wouldn't be possible to meet him after . He is the one who told me about Mika's broken toes and also that Mika would release a single in June. The security guy whose name was Patrick said that Mika and the others were still in the building for the party after the end of The Voice. I waited for about two hours or more, I wasn't sleepy but at the end I got cold , so after all the other fans who were waiting for Jenifer or for Garou left I ended up going to bed.

I knew Mika was still inside, the security guy was really nice to the fans and you could hear everything in his talkie walkie, Florent Pagny went out (with his wife and his daughters) and some of his fans got to see him, then he got back in and Jennifer left in her car. So the last Jenifer fans left of course and I was freezing at that time.

I thought of asking the security guy to give my presents to Mika but I'll probably mail some of it and keep the rest for next time I meet him...I had made chocolates , I don't know weither to mail them or eat them :lmfao: , the bottle of red wine will wait but the baby toys and clothes for his nephew I'll mail I guess because babies have a tendency to grow up fast :lmfao:

The security guy had told me that after the semi final Mika had ordered pizza and coke for the coaches and that he had left at 5 AM.

And when Mika was on the TV news on Sunday he said he left the party at 6 AM.

But I've had my meet and greet last summer which made me so happy and that always will as I got everything I ever dreamed of and even more :wub2: so it's ok and I'm sure I'll meet him again since it's easier for me to go to gigs now.

I yet have to watch the TV version of The Voice final :naughty:

And my feet stopped hurting only today :wink2:

I think I will cheat with the smileys as I have far too many as always when writing a report :naughty:

Update: I was trying to share this last night and I fell asleep removing a few smileys :lmfao:

I'll post it in two parts because I can't decide which smiley to remove so that way I'm keeping them all ...

Edited by crazyaboutmika

Thanks a lot for your report, Anne! :original:

Thanks a lot from me too, for your looong report - really nice reading. :thumb_yello: Sounds nice to get the whole fam. involved in your MIKA adventure! I love the part about queuing, and little Pipo! :blush-anim-cl: So glad you had a fine day! :wub2:

Love,love

me

Great report Anne and thanks for keeping up you promise: huglove:

I was never that happy to keep a promise :blush-anim-cl:

Nice to read your report, Anne!

:hi5:

:huglove:

Thanks for your report, Anne! It's really lovely reading that you shared this experience with your daughter :wub2:

She was with me for the Virgin Fans thingie as well and she was able to film Mika singing Underwater then :wub2: It's on my youtube channe; :thumb_yello:

Yes Anne, great report!

Thanks for your great report:thumb_yello: and I'm happy you had a nice day:huglove::huglove:

Thank you Anne! :huglove: I'm glad you've had such a great time. :thumb_yello:

Thanks a lot for your report, Anne!

Thank you Anne, it's a very sweet report. I'm glad you had a great day :huglove:

You're welcome girls :huglove: I hope you felt like you were there, I tried to write every detail I remembered :thumb_yello: I shared pics of The Voice stamp and of the sandwiches on my fb if you follow me there :wink2:

Thank you for your report Anne :thumb_yello:

It's a bit sad that we couldn't meet, but I hope for next time!

And I'm glad you could meet Johann, he is a really nice guy :

I'm a bit absent minded Mélanie, I should have given you my phone number to try and meet after the show :doh: Yes Johan is really nice :thumb_yello:

Thanks a lot for your lovely report Anne !!:huglove:

You're very welcome my beloved sis :huglove:

PICS

Boulogne-Billancourt : Les chanteurs Mika et Kendji quittent les locaux de TF1

http://www.citizenside.com/fr/photos/people/2014-05-11/94224/boulogne-billancourt-les-chanteurs-mika-et.html#f=0/939284

14180468945_2d3ce53470_b.jpg

14180475764_2f601e07d9_b.jpg

14180470585_5cc2a23017_b.jpg

14180470515_6787e1a699_b.jpg

Nice pics Eriko :wub2: thank you :huglove:

thanks for your great report Anne! You finally made it and went to The Voice!!! :yay:

Yes, being there for the final was fabulous especially as Mika won :woot_jump::swoon:

Anne, thanks for such a long report, I still wish I could have joined you and your daughter! Hope to talk with you soon! <3

You're welcome :huglove: sure :thumb_yello:

Thanks a lot from me too, for your looong report - really nice reading. :thumb_yello: Sounds nice to get the whole fam. involved in your MIKA adventure! I love the part about queuing, and little Pipo! :blush-anim-cl: So glad you had a fine day! :wub2:

Love,love

me

Yes I'm glad my doggie's a Mika fan too :wub2::naughty:

Thanks Anne for your report, it's very lovely :huglove:

You're welcome :wub2::huglove:

Caroline Savoie: de l'anonymat au star système

http://www.granbyexpress.com/Culture/2014-05-16/article-3728251/Caroline-Savoie%3A-de-lanonymat-au-star-systeme/1

The part of the article that talks about Mika:

Tout juste rentrée de Paris, l'ex-étudiante de l'École nationale de la chanson a fait un détour pour saluer ses camarades de classe avant de rentrer à Dieppe au Nouveau-Brunswick. À peine remise du décalage horaire, la jeune femme a accepté de nous raconter son aventure au sein de l'Équipe Mika.

«Au début, je ne voulais pas y aller, mais je l'aurais regretté! C'est très formateur, sans l'être. Il faut toujours être prêt, il y a toujours des caméras qui filment, on donne toujours des entrevues», raconte celle qui a atteint la cinquième ronde.

Une expérience enrichie par les conseils de son coach Mika. «J'ai eu un gros coup de cœur artistique pour Mika. C'est quelqu'un de très direct. Il ne te chouchoute pas, il dit son opinion et c'est ça. Je déteste me faire chouchouter!», lance l'Acadienne.

Sa relation professionnelle avec le chanteur britannique francophile pourrait même se prolonger. «Quand j'ai été éliminée, on a parlé une bonne trentaine de minutes. Il sait que je suis une auteure-compositrice et que je n'ai jamais vraiment collaboré. Il m'a dit d'être ouverte à collaborer. Je pense qu'il y a de belles choses qui s'en viennent», confie Caroline.

Kendji (The Voice 3) : "J'aimerais que Mika écrive pour moi"

http://musique.ados.fr/news/kendji-the-voice-3-mika-duo-l-aigle-noir_article2805.html

Samedi soir, Kendji et Mika interprétaient ensemble pour la finale "L'aigle Noir", de Barbara. Un duo sans fioriture pour ce tandem dont la complicité pourrait bien se prolonger en dehors des plateaux. C'est du moins ce qu'espère le jeune artiste de 17 ans.

"C'est une chanson qui est très importante pour moi. Bon je fais même des reprises de Barbara pendant mes concerts, devant beaucoup de personnes. Je demande que tout le monde soit silencieux et je chante par exemple "La solitude". Alors pouvoir chanter quelque chose comme ça sur ce plateau, c'était très important et ça me faisait vraiment peur. Je crois que ce soir, j'étais beaucoup plus nerveux que Kendji" a déclaré Mika après leur performance.

L'interprète de "Relax" ne tarit pas d'éloges sur son talent depuis le début de l'aventure. Talent auquel il était le seul à croire au moment des sélections, tout comme Stephan Rizon que seul Florent Pagny avait buzzé, et qui avait remporté la première saison du show. Pour son poulain, il se montre bienveillant et impliqué :

"J'ai seulement une chose à lui souhaiter, c'est qu'il continue à changer et en même temps qu'il comprenne les parties de sa vie, les parties de son âme et de sa personnalité qu'il ne doivent jamais changer, et ça c'est l'équilibre qu'il doit trouver" déclarait-il en live, samedi soir, au micro de Nikos.

Une complicité artistique et humaine que Kendji aimerait voir se prolonger. S'il ne sait pas encore vers quel univers musical il souhaite se diriger, il a envie de collaborer avec Mika :

"J'aimerais des styles de musique un peu mélangés. Je n'ai jamais essayé de composer. Je vais essayer, si j'arrive ça me plairait. Je veux aussi qu'on écrive des chansons pour moi. Et si Mika pouvait en composer quelques-unes...", lance-t-il comme un appel à son coach.

I'll post the translation tomorrow.

Edited by charlie20

Caroline Savoie: de l'anonymat au star système

http://www.granbyexpress.com/Culture/2014-05-16/article-3728251/Caroline-Savoie%3A-de-lanonymat-au-star-systeme/1

The part of the article that talks about Mika:

Tout juste rentrée de Paris, l'ex-étudiante de l'École nationale de la chanson a fait un détour pour saluer ses camarades de classe avant de rentrer à Dieppe au Nouveau-Brunswick. À peine remise du décalage horaire, la jeune femme a accepté de nous raconter son aventure au sein de l'Équipe Mika.

«Au début, je ne voulais pas y aller, mais je l'aurais regretté! C'est très formateur, sans l'être. Il faut toujours être prêt, il y a toujours des caméras qui filment, on donne toujours des entrevues», raconte celle qui a atteint la cinquième ronde.

Une expérience enrichie par les conseils de son coach Mika. «J'ai eu un gros coup de cœur artistique pour Mika. C'est quelqu'un de très direct. Il ne te chouchoute pas, il dit son opinion et c'est ça. Je déteste me faire chouchouter!», lance l'Acadienne.

Sa relation professionnelle avec le chanteur britannique francophile pourrait même se prolonger. «Quand j'ai été éliminée, on a parlé une bonne trentaine de minutes. Il sait que je suis une auteure-compositrice et que je n'ai jamais vraiment collaboré. Il m'a dit d'être ouverte à collaborer. Je pense qu'il y a de belles choses qui s'en viennent», confie Caroline.

Kendji (The Voice 3) : "J'aimerais que Mika écrive pour moi"

http://musique.ados.fr/news/kendji-the-voice-3-mika-duo-l-aigle-noir_article2805.html

Samedi soir, Kendji et Mika interprétaient ensemble pour la finale "L'aigle Noir", de Barbara. Un duo sans fioriture pour ce tandem dont la complicité pourrait bien se prolonger en dehors des plateaux. C'est du moins ce qu'espère le jeune artiste de 17 ans.

"C'est une chanson qui est très importante pour moi. Bon je fais même des reprises de Barbara pendant mes concerts, devant beaucoup de personnes. Je demande que tout le monde soit silencieux et je chante par exemple "La solitude". Alors pouvoir chanter quelque chose comme ça sur ce plateau, c'était très important et ça me faisait vraiment peur. Je crois que ce soir, j'étais beaucoup plus nerveux que Kendji" a déclaré Mika après leur performance.

L'interprète de "Relax" ne tarit pas d'éloges sur son talent depuis le début de l'aventure. Talent auquel il était le seul à croire au moment des sélections, tout comme Stephan Rizon que seul Florent Pagny avait buzzé, et qui avait remporté la première saison du show. Pour son poulain, il se montre bienveillant et impliqué :

"J'ai seulement une chose à lui souhaiter, c'est qu'il continue à changer et en même temps qu'il comprenne les parties de sa vie, les parties de son âme et de sa personnalité qu'il ne doivent jamais changer, et ça c'est l'équilibre qu'il doit trouver" déclarait-il en live, samedi soir, au micro de Nikos.

Une complicité artistique et humaine que Kendji aimerait voir se prolonger. S'il ne sait pas encore vers quel univers musical il souhaite se diriger, il a envie de collaborer avec Mika :

"J'aimerais des styles de musique un peu mélangés. Je n'ai jamais essayé de composer. Je vais essayer, si j'arrive ça me plairait. Je veux aussi qu'on écrive des chansons pour moi. Et si Mika pouvait en composer quelques-unes...", lance-t-il comme un appel à son coach.

I'll post the translation tomorrow.

The translation:

Caroline Savoie:from anonymity to the star system

Caroline Savoie nous a raconté son épopée française le temps d'un café.

THE VOICE. Caroline Savoie peut siroter un café en compagnie de GranbyExpress.com dans un total anonymat, mais la situation est bien différente à Paris. Depuis son brillant parcours à l'émission française The Voice, la jeune femme voit une belle carrière se profiler à l'horizon.

Caroline Savoie told us her French epic for the time of a coffee.

THE VOICE. Caroline Savoie can sip a coffee with GranbyExpress.com in total anonymity, but the situation is quite different in Paris. Since her brilliant course/path at the French show The Voice, the young woman sees a beautiful career on the horizon.

Just returned from Paris, the former student of the National School of the song made a detour to greet her classmates before returning to Dieppe, New Brunswick. Barely recovered from jet lag, the young woman agreed to tell her adventure in the Team Mika.

«At first I didn't want to go, but I would have regretted it! It is very educational, without being so. One must always be ready, there is always cameras filming, we always gives interviews», says the one who reached the fifth round.

An experience enriched by the advice of her coach Mika. «I had a big coup de cœur (/crush) artistic for Mika. He is someone very direct. He doesn't pampers you, he says his opinion and that's it. I hate to be pampered/spoiled!», says the Acadian.

Her professional relationship with the Francophile British singer could even extend. «When I was eliminated, we talked a good thirty minutes. He knows that I'm a songwriter and I've never really collaborated. He told me to be open to collaborate. I think there are good things that are coming», says Caroline.

Kendji (The Voice 3) : "I would like/wish Mika to write for me"

Saturday night Kendji and Mika interpreted together for the final "L'aigle Noir", of Barbara. A duo with no frills for this tandem whose complicity could well extend outside of the stages. This is at least what hope the young artist of 17 years.

"This is a song that is very important for me. Well, I even do cover versions of Barbara during my concerts, in front of many people. I ask that everyone be quiet and I sing for example " La Solitude. "So being able to sing something like that on this set/stage, it was very important and it made me really scared. I think tonight, I was much more nervous than Kendji " Mika said after their performance.

The interpreter of "Relax" was full of praise for his talent since the beginning of the adventure. Talent in whom he was the only one to believe at the time of selection, as Stephan Rizon that only Florent Pagny had buzzed, and who won the first season of the show. For his protégé, he shows himself/appear to be benevolent and involved:

"I have only one thing to wish him, is that he continues to change and at the same time that he understands the parts of his life, the parts of his soul and his personality that should never change , and that's the balance that he must (/needs to) find " he declared live, on Saturday night, at the micro of Nikos.

An artistic and human complicity that Kendji would like to see continue. If he does not know yet to which musical universe he wants/wishes to lead/head for, he wants/craves to work/collaborate with Mika:

"I'd like styles of music a bit mixed. I never tried to compose. I'll try, if I can I would like that. I also wants/(I would also like) someone to write songs for me. And if Mika could compose/write some..", he says as a call(/appeal) to his coach.

Elodie and Fréro Delavega have said something similar.It is very nice to see the impact Mika has had on them and the respect they feel towards him. I liked the Addams Family! :original:

Edited by charlie20