Mikasounds, Twitter and Facebook updates - Part 12

silver

It might help to know what Twitter I would need to keep an eye on, as I am still fairly new in this group and have only a few Freakas on my feed... thanks. ;)

Mikafans are a huge community from all over the world :wub2: I would advise you to follow MFC (:teehee:) and a few local forums/fanclubs that you see that are quite activ on Mika's TL.

If you want more information about the French community I can send you a DM

Mikafans are a huge community from all over the world :wub2: I would advise you to follow MFC (:teehee:) and a few local forums/fanclubs that you see that are quite activ on Mika's TL.

If you want more information about the French community I can send you a DM

I think I've got Mikafans on my feed as of this week, have had MFC for a little while longer... just would like to be more aware of everything. Many thanks!

I think I would be lost in the French community, as I speak no languages beyond American English, Canadian Language, the odd bit of Queen's English and Pig Latin. Thank you for your kindness. :)

I think I've got Mikafans on my feed as of this week, have had MFC for a little while longer... just would like to be more aware of everything. Many thanks!

I think I would be lost in the French community, as I speak no languages beyond American English, Canadian Language, the odd bit of Queen's English and Pig Latin. Thank you for your kindness. :)

Well, when we do things like that, I also tweet in English :wink2:

WTH is Pig Latin? :shocked::aah::aah: Pig, like pig? the animal? :aah:

I see. Huge relief, then. :wink2:

Pig Latin is a pseudo language, formerly quite well known by American children - I don't know that it's used so often in contemporary childhood, so may be a dead language in no time at all.

It is constructed with the first consonant sound(s) removed from a word, then attached to the end of it, with "-ay" added. If the word starts with a vowel, then the "-ay" is simply added to the end.

For example:

Eyhay abybay, arecay otay ogay etgay inksdray?

(Hey baby, care to go go get drinks?)

It's quite ridiculous, of course, but then, so am I oftentimes. :wink2:

The french version of Pig Latin (well, in Quebec anyways) is called "jargon"

if you get really good at it, you can speak "double jargon"

my parents used to discuss our Christmas gifts in "double jargon"... i made the mistake of answering them once. so they they never did it again in front of us :aah:

I see. Huge relief, then. :wink2:

Pig Latin is a pseudo language, formerly quite well known by American children - I don't know that it's used so often in contemporary childhood, so may be a dead language in no time at all.

It is constructed with the first consonant sound(s) removed from a word, then attached to the end of it, with "-ay" added. If the word starts with a vowel, then the "-ay" is simply added to the end.

For example:

Eyhay abybay, arecay otay ogay etgay inksdray?

(Hey baby, care to go go get drinks?)

It's quite ridiculous, of course, but then, so am I oftentimes. :wink2:

my parents used to discuss our Christmas gifts in "double jargon"... i made the mistake of answering them once. so they they never did it again in front of us :aah:

Waouh, absolutely didn't know about all that, thank you, that's interesting! :thumb_yello:

Silly wabbit. You're not supposed to let on that you know! LOL

but but but...... i wanted to make sure they got the right barbie for me... i wanted the Malibu barbie! :aah:

Malibu Barbie was the anti-Christ in the neighborhood where I grew up. There was this thing called Californication that was going on at the time, massive numbers fleeing the Golden State for points north.

Of course, my best friend across the street had one. And Malibu Ken. And the van.

And she was from California.

I never judged her for it, but boy... some folks just did NOT like the exodus.

New tweet MIKA official ‏

@mikasounds 15m

Listening through to today's songwriting in the dining room at Miles Copland's castle near Angouleme

https://twitter.com/mikasounds/status/463101522977751040/photo/1

:mikasweat::mikasweat::mikasweat::mikasweat: I'm soooo excited about this!!!! I LOVE "step with me" and that's how he wrote it!!

must be an amazing experience!!!

Happy May Bank Holiday to anyone who is off work/school/college today.

Have a lovely day.

You too Mika!

What's May Bank Holiday???

For a moment I thought he said that because was happy because Paloma's baby has arrived, but I'm not saying he/she has arrived, just tought about that

Edited by BiaIchihara

For a moment I thought he said that because was happy because Paloma's baby has arrived, but I'm not saying he/she has arrived, just tought about that

May Day Bank Holiday is one of our national holidays through the year.

We have the day off in UK. Maybe some other countries do too. May seems to be special in quite a few places.

May Day Bank Holiday is one of our national holidays through the year.

We have the day off in UK. Maybe some other countries do too. May seems to be special in quite a few places.

Do you know what it celebrates exactly? (Thought the details of the why are not always essential when you are given a day off :naughty:)

In Italy (and I'd say in most of the European countries as well) we have a day off the first of May for the Labour day.

In Italy (and I'd say in most of the European countries as well) we have a day off the first of May for the Labour day.

We have the same in Norway - 1st of May is a "red date" - Labour day ...:teehee:

Love,love

me

:wub2:

MIKA official @mikasounds · 2m

And rushed back to London last night as my sister Paloma has given birth to a healthy (and rather big!) baby boy!

MIKA official @mikasounds · 3m

This was the castle yesterday afternoon. Taking a break outside while writing a song

Bm9si5NIQAEnkXy.jpg:large