Mikasounds, Twitter and Facebook updates - Part 12

silver

Chiara ‏@Chiara_Galiazzo · 1 h

Grazie @mikasounds ...e Grazie Napoli! Combinazione perfetta per una serata a dir poco fantastica! ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ pic.twitter.com/gIjBG0Zig8

Bn8ypMOIQAEDZ1x.jpg

On Saturday night, Mika joined Salma Hayek on the red carpet at this year's prestigious Cannes Film Fesitval to celebrate the launch of her new animated film of 'The Prophet', the world renowned book of poetry by best selling Lebanese author Kahlil Gibran. The culmination of a 3 year project by Hayek, the movie will play to both adults and children and features voiceovers from international talent such as Liam Neeson, John Krasinski and of course Hayek herself. Mika and Salma also co-hosted a post screening event before Mika flew to Naples for his huge concert the following day.

what has he got to do with this production? music or what? :blink:

On Saturday night, Mika joined Salma Hayek on the red carpet at this year's prestigious Cannes Film Fesitval to celebrate the launch of her new animated film of 'The Prophet', the world renowned book of poetry by best selling Lebanese author Kahlil Gibran. The culmination of a 3 year project by Hayek, the movie will play to both adults and children and features voiceovers from international talent such as Liam Neeson, John Krasinski and of course Hayek herself. Mika and Salma also co-hosted a post screening event before Mika flew to Naples for his huge concert the following day.

:naughty: Maybe he's planning, and preparing, his actor carriere ? :wink2: We all agree that he would do it great in a movie, don't we, hehe ...:teehee:

Love,love

me

Well,the music for the movie is composed by a man born in Beirut,Lebanon..........but it's not Mika,his name is Gabriel Yared :teehee:

I'm curious as well. It could just be the Lebanese connection. As a prominent person of Lebanese descent, he's just showing his support? :dunno:

My thoughts exactly. Why? Was he a part of the production or simply knows some people??

:naughty: Maybe he's planning, and preparing, his actor carriere ? :wink2: We all agree that he would do it great in a movie, don't we, hehe ...:teehee:

Love,love

me

He has said himself, he is not a good actor.

He has said himself, he is not a good actor.

:blush-anim-cl: Yes, I know all that - he has said it several times, so I assume it's just in my strong, wishful thinking that it will happen :naughty: But when I look at some of his videos, especially "Popular song" and also "Kick ass", I see a really good actor in MIKA, I can't help it - so just "forgive me" for talking about this, hehe :teehee: I must admit that my heart skips a beat, when I see him together with the famous actors, like now in Cannes ...:wub2:

Love,love

me

or just showing off? :mf_rosetinted:

Welll whatever the reason I love the pics :wub2:

Salma s daughter doesn t know how lucky she was. :naughty:

I ve always liked Kahlil Gibran's poems since I was a little girl and I had one read when I got married...glad to learn his nationality thanks to Mika :wub2:

Edited by crazyaboutmika

I don't. He's a terrible actor :aah::aah::aah:

I'd tend to agree, with the exception of Popular Song. I don't know if you would consider that acting, actually, but I think he does a good job of looking just slightly creepy and off. His facial expressions are priceless. Whatever the reason, it's good to see him on the red carpet hobnobbing with the famous.

The film was characterized as 'a work in progress' in Cannes.

It seems a very ambitious project involving many artists of different disciplines.

Cannes Video:

Salma Hayek Elaborates on Her Passion Project 'The Prophet' http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/video/cannes-video-salma-hayek-elaborates-705237 … via @THR

Animated feature on Gibran's 'The Prophet' Opens at Cannes

http://www.zippyframes.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1631%3Aanimated-feature-on-gibrans-the-prophet-opens-at-cannes&catid=101

Sometimes, an active imagination . . .

362697220_Imagination20children_xlarge.jpeg

. . . can really dominate your thinking !

Edited by A. Clay

I don't know if he got to do with this production.Maybe the connection is only Kahlil Gibran and the lebanese culture.In Lebanon, he is still celebrated as a literary hero.

(Gibran is the third best-selling poet of all time, behind Shakespeare and Laozi. wow!).And Salma Hayek's paternal grandfather was Lebanese.Was he just her guest? :dunno:

Hi, does somebody tell me Why is Mika in Cannes 2014 ? Is he nominated for "Cadences obstinées" movie ?

:wink2:

Edited by Maqui

from mika's facebook:

"Mika and Nobel prize winner Dario Fo working at RAI's Auditorium in Naples on production for the special filming of "Francesco. Lo Santo Jullare," which will air prime time in Italy in June on Raiuno"

10295301_10152204934178040_6800706437882510919_o.jpg

so what does that mean, is he becoming a movie producer now? :dunno:

Wow, what a news! Mika and Fo working together ! Who knows what will come out? And the show will be broadcast on public television in prime time !

Two words about this particular show, if you like, that Fo is playing in theater throughout Italy with much success.

In the show , Fo is a storyteller, he is alone on stage with the public around him, according to the oral tradition that was used in the Middle Ages: someone tell a story and spontaneously gathered around him a small crowd of curious listeners.

He tells to the public the life of Francesco (Assisi 1182-1226 AC), who founded the religious ordin of "Francescani", and who is venerated as saint from the catholic Church. The figure of Francesco, about a year ago, inspired the name of our current pope Bergoglio.

Fo recites in the dialect spoken in the region of Umbria in central Italy , where Francesco was born.

Fo's show is a sort of narrative - historical document , the result of much study and research. He tells the story , however, in comical and ironic way, adding special little episodes almost unknown, some rediscovered copies of Benedictine monks diaries immune to censorship of the Church.

The youthful figure of Francesco is very interesting to tell, because Francesco in his life, has been very "cumbersome" and annoying to the power : precocious , rebellious, intelligent, educated, rich...he gave up everything to live in poverty closed to nature...a pure and rigorous man, especially for preaching the absolute poverty of the Ministry of God, openly threatening the glories and powers in which the Church wallowed for centuries .

We'll see what Mika has to do with the story of St. Francesco ......:mf_rosetinted:

Edited by Marta.

Wow, what a news! Mika and Fo working together ! Who knows what will come out? And the show will be broadcast on public television in prime time !

Two words about this particular show, if you like, that Fo is playing in theater throughout Italy with much success.

In the show , Fo is a storyteller, he is alone on stage with the public around him, according to the oral tradition that was used in the Middle Ages: someone tell a story and spontaneously gathered around him a small crowd of curious listeners.

He tells to the public the life of Francesco (Assisi 1182-1226 AC), who founded the religious ordin of "Francescani", and who is venerated as saint from the catholic Church. The figure of Francesco, about a year ago, inspired the name of our current pope Bergoglio.

Fo recites in the dialect spoken in the region of Umbria in central Italy , where Francesco was born.

Fo's show is a sort of narrative - historical document , the result of much study and research. He tells the story , however, in comical and ironic way, adding special little episodes almost unknown, some rediscovered copies of Benedictine monks diaries immune to censorship of the Church.

The youthful figure of Francesco is very interesting to tell, because Francesco in his life, has been very "cumbersome" and annoying to the power : precocious , rebellious, intelligent, educated, rich...he gave up everything to live in poverty closed to nature...a pure and rigorous man, especially for preaching the absolute poverty of the Ministry of God, openly threatening the glories and powers in which the Church wallowed for centuries .

We'll see what Mika has to do with the story of St. Francesco ......:mf_rosetinted:

:thumb_yello: Grazie mille Marta - I'm thrilled to get to know this, really exciting stuff!! :huglove: And I'm not surprised that Fo wants to co-operate with MIKA, in one way or another, he surely sees his potential - they really "found" each other, earlier this year, love both ways - that was obvious! :wub2: Exciting times ahead ...:teehee:

Love,love

me

I'm soo excited by this!!! Thank you Marta for the informations :huglove:

Now I'm really curious about Mika's part in this production. Hope he is not only bringing money but that he takes an active part in it: playing (a bit afraid of his talent as actor - remember that I watched Cadences Obstinées :naughty: - but we will see :mf_rosetinted:)? Playing music behind Fo?

This is very cool. I'm sure they will come up with something brilliant. But does he ever rest? Is there any facet of the arts he's not involved with? I adore the man, but he must be exhausting to be around. I couldn't keep up.