MIKA on Tonight Show w/Ariana Grande 10/1/13

dcdeb

many thanks deb for the video! :flowers2: what was that about people touching mika's hair tho, i didn't notice that? :blink:

Where's the video?

Edit: found it :thumb_yello:

Poor Mika,he looks so weird trying to bend down all the time....

Edited by krysady

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jurnee Washington ‏@Wurnee

Wicked's 10th Anniversary CD is going to feature Popular Song

by Mika and Ariana Grande!!!! That's so cool! ��

WICKED-433x222.jpg

Wicked to Kick Off 10th Anniversary with Special Performance,

New Cast Album & More Green Events

http://www.broadway.com/buzz/172101/wicked-to-kick-off-10th-anniversary-with-special-performance-new-cast-album-more-green-events/

'A commemorative Wicked deluxe edition CD is hitting store shelves on November 19 with new bonus tracks, including “Popular Song” by Mika, featuring Broadway alum and pop star Ariana Grande. It will be available

for digital download on October 29.'

Absolutely incredible news!!

I can`t watch it on FB too.... Maybe, because we`re not "befriended" by Deb ?

The one on TonighShow webpage just doesn`t work too.... ahhhh:hair: (I mean ,they haven`t uploaded it yet...)

:tears::tears::tears:

Edited by Julia Welcomes

Yes, there was definitely something off with the sound. :sneaky2:

I can't tell for sure -- I've watched the video a couple times and you never get a really clear look at him.

EDIT: Definitely not Curtis. You can see his face pretty clearly at the end of the video.

I posted the video to youtube, but within seconds they had it flagged, so I took it down right away. :shocked:

So I've posted it on my Facebook account. Here's the link -- I think most of you are my Facebook friends, so you shouldn't have any trouble seeing it :)

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10153274626380321&set=vb.810005320&type=3&theater

Thank you Deb :huglove:

Good performance, but I wish Ariana would refrain from trying to warble like Mariah Carey, it's kind of off putting.

His hair looked so fluffy during the performance :teehee:

9 pics from Getty Images

182616135.jpg

Omg this is so adorable!!!

Yes, something was definitely off. My audio tech hubby said the sound production was terrible. Shame on the Tonight Show.

Speaking of hubby, he keeps making terrible Popular Song jokes:

Him: Hey Carrie, do you know...

Me: Yes?

Him: About popular?

Me: UGGH

Him: *pulls a picture of ketchup up on laptop, says it the same way as "catch up"*

Me: UGGGH

Good to know it wasn't just my telly :thumb_yello:

Those jokes :aah:

Yeah, I found it kind of hard to hear their voices in the music mix. And when they sang at the same time, her vocal gymnastics made her voice more prominent.

I found it a bit odd that Leno only mentioned the song being on the Wicked thing, but not on Ariana's album. I'm sure her fans all know, though.

Just like we all know the original is on Mika's album xD I was just glad they didn't bill the performance as "Ariana Grande featuring Mika" or show her album instead of his.

Without the platform shoes and 10 inch heels she would only reach up to his waist ! He looks like the giant of a fairytale who finds himself in another fairytale about midgets and is rather enjoying it . :blush-anim-cl:

phahahaha it does

the pics of her hugging him around the middle have got me imaging a fanfic now.... "Ariana And The Mikastalk" where tiny Ariana tries to climb Mika

Edited by kreacher

Thank you Deb :huglove:

Good performance, but I wish Ariana would refrain from trying to warble like Mariah Carey, it's kind of off putting.

Well, everyone is comparing her to Mariah, so I guess she feels she needs to live up to that comparison. :wink2:

Anyhow, the video of the entire show is now online here:

http://www.nbc.com/the-tonight-show/video/tuesday-october-1-2013/n41431

You have to skip ahead to the last tick on the timeline and then wait through the commercials. :sneaky2:

I imagine that at some point today they'll have the music segment as its own individual video.

As for those of you who can't see the video, I guess you're not FB friends with me. :shocked:

Edited by dcdeb

Well, everyone is comparing here to Mariah, so I guess she feels she needs to live up to that comparison. :wink2:

You have to skip ahead to the last tick on the timeline and then wait through the commercials. :sneaky2:

I imagine that at some point today they'll have the music segment as its own individual video.

As for those of you who can't see the video, I guess you're not FB friends with me. :shocked:

Says isn't available from my location, :sad: seems I don't have to see Mika and Ariana's performance :tears:

Really disappointed that this was only to promote the Wicked soundtrack and not Ariana possibly releasing it as a single. Oh well. :aah:

I was just about to write the same,I'm very disappointed,I don't feel that this appearance will do much for Mika's career :huh:

I was just about to write the same,I'm very disappointed,I don't feel that this appearance will do much for Mika's career :huh:

None of his appearances on Leno have done much for his career so I wasn't expecting a miracle here. :naughty: I was just hoping it was a sign of things to come because Ariana was releasing it as a single so the song would start getting real attention. But then I heard she was releasing a different single and then yesterday the news about the soundtrack so it was obvious where this was really going. Oh well. Back to hiding from Twitter and Facebook so I can pretend that Mika isn't going to waste the next year on some TV shows. :mf_rosetinted:

Well, everyone is comparing her to Mariah, so I guess she feels she needs to live up to that comparison. :wink2:

I don't have facebook. I couldn't get used to it and I don't want to go back on it.

The video isn't available in my location.

Really disappointed that this was only to promote the Wicked soundtrack and not Ariana possibly releasing it as a single. Oh well. :aah:

Yeah, oh well. I was hoping to see some upward movement of the song on iTunes, but it's still not back in the top 200 singles. It's on pop charts, still, in two spots, but that's not quite the same. :dunno:

Yes, I can see it, and yes, it's the entire hour, just as they posted on nbc.com. BTW, they've posted the other segments of the show, too, just not the music segment yet. :sneaky2:

I don't have facebook. I couldn't get used to it and I don't want to go back on it.

The video isn't available in my location.

Sorry, Marilyn. As I said, I posted it on youtube last night, but as soon as the video went live it was flagged for copyright infringement, so I deleted it and posted it on Facebook. I'm sure it will be on the NBC site soon, they even mentioned on Mika's FB yesterday that they had requested the link so they could post it for the fans. :thumb_yello: