MIKA on Tonight Show w/Ariana Grande 10/1/13

dcdeb

hmm i didn't get that at all from him. i found he treated her like his peer, but

the fact that she's so short (even with the 5 inch shoes :teehee:), he has to look down at her, i can see why you would think that way. Not to mention the fact she has such a cute innocent "doe caught in the headlights" look to her, it may give that impression. Plus the song has a childish feeling to it :naughty:

Yes, i think Mika had to hold back a bit on the dancing. I don't think "Popular Song" sang with Ariana would look good with his usual gig dancing move :naughty:

You mean he had to bend down almost in half to make sure his head was in the camera?:naughty:

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What interview? There was no interview on this show -- they seldom talk to the musical guests, unless it's someone huge like Lady Gaga. And Mika is decidedly not huge in the US. At the moment. :naughty:

Someone mentionned and posted a link that didnt work in my country about someone touching his hair and i didnt see any of that in your video, tha's why i was asking......:dunno:

Someone mentionned and posted a link that didnt work in my country about someone touching his hair and i didnt see any of that in your video, tha's why i was asking......:dunno:

I thought it was someone mentioning that he had his hair done for the show, as it looked "groomed"

I didn't see anything but the song.

See Wonka, that's how rumors start :naughty:

hmm i didn't get that at all from him. i found he treated her like his peer, but

the fact that she's so short (even with the 5 inch shoes :teehee:), he has to look down at her, i can see why you would think that way. Not to mention the fact she has such a cute innocent "doe caught in the headlights" look to her, it may give that impression. Plus the song has a childish feeling to it :naughty:

Yes, i think Mika had to hold back a bit on the dancing. I don't think "Popular Song" sang with Ariana would look good with his usual gig dancing move :naughty:

I agree he's not guiding her, but he does look very old compared to her :naughty:

His usual gig dancing has been changing a bit though. Judging from old youtube videos, it was already less than it used to be the first time I saw him (just before releasing OOL), and the last time I saw him he was definitely moving less than half a year earlier. My hope/impression was that he liked singing so well during the American tour so much that he decided to calm down a little dancing-wise and focus more on the singing :dunno:

After more than a week of looking forward to seeing him on TV I didn't even get to see it when it was actually on because 15-20 minutes before he would have been on my :badword: cable went out (there is almost always some sort of issue with our cable service). I was so mad :furious::crybaby: I later watched it on the NBC website and of course still enjoyed it, but it's not the same as seeing him on TV and I wasn't able to record it like I was going to :emot-sad:

Thanks for sharing those links! :huglove:

Although I prefer the version with Priscilla Renea, I must admit that I liked this performance! Only at one point the song sounded a bit strange to me... and I figured out (you don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure that out, it's quite obvious) that Ariana sung Mika's vocal line (at 1.35 in the Youtube video). Who should now be 'frozen'? :wink2:

I've seen it. It was great!

Thks dc1deb? i couldn´t to see it this day for the time and the skyHd ..

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

or the sites...of mediafire & Thks to claramey

http://www.mediafire.com/download/o3j850tttevw3z7/MikaArianaTSOct.mov#!

logo_sub.png

TONIGHT 11:35/10:35c

attachment.php?attachmentid=9443&stc=1&d=1380807102She sound like Flamenco´s girl Spanish..

Thank isorryyour fail1 for Load it to

bdcMXB6X8jM

post-20706-142983700877_thumb.jpg

post-20706-142983700878_thumb.jpg

Edited by mer

Jesus, what a performance :aah:

And not in a good way... I mean... He spent like 20 hours in a plane for this performance, and I don´t know... I kinda expected something "more". I don´t find his "touch" at all in the vid. I´m not going to mention the sound again, as I´ve read you already did, and maybe that was a handicap, but... In my opinion, Mika wasn´t at his best, and Ariana totally f*cked it up:teehee:

Seriously... what´s wrong with this woman? Her voice is annoying, and the way she uses it, it´s even more annoying. I´ve always had hopes in Mika´s US career, but somehow it seems it´s farer each day.

Time runs, Mika...

Do I need to mention it´s just MY opinion??? To any Ariana fan, I´m sorry.

And not in a good way... I mean... He spent like 20 hours in a plane for this performance, and I don´t know... I kinda expected something "more". I don´t find his "touch" at all in the vid. I´m not going to mention the sound again, as I´ve read you already did, and maybe that was a handicap, but... In my opinion, Mika wasn´t at his best, and Ariana totally f*cked it up:teehee:

This is the reason why I'm not interested in collaborations/duets in general, it simply doesn't make sense for me to watch/listen to him singing with someone else if the option is to watch him performing alone. I often feel he is not showing his best in collaborations, I feel he is adjusting his performing to fit with someone else's performance, that he is not at his own level, like he is being careful not to shine too much... It's different if he is singing with someone he knows well, there can be a different/interesting chemistry.

I think this performance was nice publicity for him though, for me it did look he is guiding Ariana especially in the beginning (not talking about their size difference but the way they look each other) and find it very sweet and they do look very cute in their outfits.

This is the reason why I'm not interested in collaborations/duets in general, it simply doesn't make sense for me to watch/listen to him singing with someone else if the option is to watch him performing alone. I often feel he is not showing his best in collaborations, I feel he is adjusting his performing to fit with someone else's performance, that he is not at his own level, like he is being careful not to shine too much... It's different if he is singing with someone he knows well, there can be a different/interesting chemistry.

I think this performance was nice publicity for him though, for me it did look he is guiding Ariana especially in the beginning (not talking about their size difference but the way they look each other) and find it very sweet and they do look very cute in their outfits.

Everyone who shall perform in a duet has to co-operate - and they both did it well :thumb_yello: We all know this wasn't MIKAs best performance, but imo it's unfair to expect more than this, in this setting. The only thing we can complain about is the sound :doh: I don't think MIKA would have been invited to JL now - so it's all thanks to their video success together, that brought him to this program! We still don't know how much the performance will pay off for him in US - but anyway, lots of people watching it, surely got curious about this "tall, dark stranger" being there with their Ariana Grande - so let's cross our fingers, and hope for success!! :fisch::blush-anim-cl:

Love,love

me

Ariana Grande's music is very far from my tastes and I don't particularly enjoy her singing either; however from what I've seen she seems to be a sweet girl and the performance as a whole was very cute :) and I loved Max's dancy moves behind XD

Seriously... what´s wrong with this woman? Her voice is annoying, and the way she uses it, it´s even more annoying. I´ve always had hopes in Mika´s US career, but somehow it seems it´s farer each day.

Time runs, Mika...

Do I need to mention it´s just MY opinion??? To any Ariana fan, I´m sorry.

I love the pics from this show but I gotta agree I thought the performance was not very good...they seemed out of sync and not very compatible, esp in the chorus :( glad I didn't wait up for it :teehee:

Everyone who shall perform in a duet has to co-operate - and they both did it well :thumb_yello: We all know this wasn't MIKAs best performance, but imo it's unfair to expect more than this, in this setting. The only thing we can complain about is the sound :doh: I don't think MIKA would have been invited to JL now - so it's all thanks to their video success together, that brought him to this program! We still don't know how much the performance will pay off for him in US - but anyway, lots of people watching it, surely got curious about this "tall, dark stranger" being there with their Ariana Grande - so let's cross our fingers, and hope for success!! :fisch::blush-anim-cl:

Love,love

me

Yes, that was exactly my point. Everyone who shall perform a duet has to co-operate - that's why Mika is not usually at his own (very high) level in duets. Like he trying not to be better/bigger star than the other person, which is of course how it should be in duets, I understand that. I guess I just rather watch him being a star. They did well though and it was a cute performance.

Ariana Grande's music is very far from my tastes and I don't particularly enjoy her singing either; however from what I've seen she seems to be a sweet girl and the performance as a whole was very cute :) and I loved Max's dancy moves behind XD

My thoughts exactly, except I missed Max! How could I miss his dance moves, lol!

Anyone knows who was in drums? Only Max and Tim were there?

Edited by tiibet