MIKA on Tonight Show w/Ariana Grande 10/1/13

dcdeb

So excited to be able to catch this!

Though I wish they didn't sing in unison almost the whole time. It works better when they take more turns because Arianna's trying to run those scales, and Mika sounds like Mika ;)

I think the funniest part was when Mika shook Joseph Gordon Levitt's hand at the end of the show and Arianna stood between them looking like :shocked:

That's exactly what I would have looked like too haha! :wub2:

I agree, harmonizing doesn't work as well for them. Better when they just trade off. But I saw Mika on my TV, I'm happy either way!

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

thank god for streaming! that was so cute :mikalove:

I was supposed to do some screen capture but I couldn't

hope somebody recorded this show :thumb_yello:

I didn't realize it was streaming somewhere. Glad you got to see it :)

I recorded it, and am uploading it now. But NBC has already uploaded the

interview with Joseph Gordon-Levitt, so maybe they'll have Popular Song up before much longer.

So... we'll see. If I do post my link here, I'll ask that you all not spread it around too much, as I don't want NBC or Universal to close my youtube account down! :shocked:

:thumb_yello:

Awwwww he's so cute! And the tallest of the bunch :mikalove:

Did anyone else think the performance wasnt very loud tho? Maybe it was just my telly, but it seemed like maybe they were holding back a bit...... almost as if she was really nervous and he was trying not to overpower her or something. :dunno: i think he was definitely holding back on dancing

Did anyone else think the performance wasnt very loud tho? Maybe it was just my telly, but it seemed like maybe they were holding back a bit...... almost as if she was really nervous and he was trying not to overpower her or something. :dunno: i think he was definitely holding back on dancing

Yes, something was definitely off. My audio tech hubby said the sound production was terrible. Shame on the Tonight Show.

Speaking of hubby, he keeps making terrible Popular Song jokes:

Him: Hey Carrie, do you know...

Me: Yes?

Him: About popular?

Me: UGGH

Him: *pulls a picture of ketchup up on laptop, says it the same way as "catch up"*

Me: UGGGH

Yeah, I found it kind of hard to hear their voices in the music mix. And when they sang at the same time, her vocal gymnastics made her voice more prominent.

I found it a bit odd that Leno only mentioned the song being on the Wicked thing, but not on Ariana's album. I'm sure her fans all know, though.

Yes, there was definitely something off with the sound. :sneaky2:

Oh, the band was there too! But who is that on the keyboard?:blink: I don't have my glasses on but that doesn't look like Curtis.

I can't tell for sure -- I've watched the video a couple times and you never get a really clear look at him.

EDIT: Definitely not Curtis. You can see his face pretty clearly at the end of the video.

I posted the video to youtube, but within seconds they had it flagged, so I took it down right away. :shocked:

So I've posted it on my Facebook account. Here's the link -- I think most of you are my Facebook friends, so you shouldn't have any trouble seeing it :)

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10153274626380321&set=vb.810005320&type=3&theater

Edited by dcdeb

Yes, there was definitely something off with the sound. :sneaky2:

I can't tell for sure -- I've watched the video a couple times and you never get a really clear look at him.

I posted the video to youtube, but within seconds they had it flagged, so I took it down right away. :shocked:

So I've posted it on my Facebook account. Here's the link -- I think most of you are my Facebook friends, so you shouldn't have any trouble seeing it :)

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10153274626380321&set=vb.810005320&type=3&theater

Oh thank you so much Deb!!! :huglove:

OMG!

The pics are so cute!!!:mikalove:

can't wait to see the video!!!!

I agree - they're a beautiful couple - she looks like a doll :blush-anim-cl:

And maybe MIKA wears a heart shirt to celebrate the peace project ?! :wub2:

Love,love

me

Girlfriend can siiiiinnnggggg! And Mika was nice too:mf_rosetinted:

And I liked the moment when Joseph withthelonglastname came to them and she just stood there like :shocked:

That IS a long last name :naughty:

I thought the same))))

The photos are great, thanks.

Mika is gorgeous, one in a million.

:thumb_yello: More than that!! There's nobody like MIKA - the most handsome man on the planet :wub2: - even when looking tired, with "jet-legged eyes" :teehee:

Love,love

me

Guest UnderwaterwithMika

Without the platform shoes and 10 inch heels she would only reach up to his waist ! He looks like the giant of a fairytale who finds himself in another fairytale about midgets and is rather enjoying it . :blush-anim-cl:

ariana-grande-jay-leno-01.jpg

aww how cute they are together! :mikalove: she looks really sweet, i love her dress and her hair! i have a very similar dress (for carnival or previous mika gigs), just a different fabric and not *that* short. :teehee: others would look bitchy in such a short dress, but ariana just looks cute, like a doll.

many thanks deb for the video! :flowers2: what was that about people touching mika's hair tho, i didn't notice that? :blink: