Mika in Vanity Fair Italia N°44 2013 - Interview + photo shoot + videos -- out Oct.30

isabellarosie123

Who's this Ben Wishaw guy? He doesn't look the least bit middle eastern to me so I'm not too keen on him portraying Freddie, but I don't want to judge his talents if I haven't even heard of him. If Sacha wasn't known for being a funny guy, I think they would've kept him on board for the film ('cause apparently he wasn't wanted eventually).

As Christine said, he was the new Q in Skyfall. He's also in the TV show The Hour. I liked him from the first I saw of him, and he's one of the reasons we saw the play we did over the weekend. He just about stole the play -- such a dynamic presence. And he sang a bit, with a surprisingly good voice. His build is more like Freddie's than Sacha Baron Cohen's and I definitely think he has the versatility to take on that role. :thumb_yello:

I totally understand what you mean, there`s nothing to be sorry for! :flowers2:

I`m not just a mikafan , I`m an old Queen fan too, so I always care about this theme) It`s OK)

Thank you :huglove:

Yes, there are many Queen/Mika fans :thumb_yello:

... the other comparisons I`ve heard today were "Old Hollywood" and "Humphrey Bogart" .

Yes, totally agree. :thumb_yello:

I think he's serious about having 5 children. It might just be a bit of a logistical nightmare for him under the circumstances. I don't think having one will put him off. He will not be "the mother", I can almost guarantee it. So 1 or 20, what's the difference? :naughty:

It could also be: I want to have 5 children = I can imagine having several children some day (because I love my big family)

I have only three but they keep both me and hubby busy, lol!

As Christine said, he was the new Q in Skyfall. He's also in the TV show The Hour. I liked him from the first I saw of him, and he's one of the reasons we saw the play we did over the weekend. He just about stole the play -- such a dynamic presence. And he sang a bit, with a surprisingly good voice. His build is more like Freddie's than Sacha Baron Cohen's and I definitely think he has the versatility to take on that role. :thumb_yello:

He was also in Cloud Atlas. Would be wonderful to see him on stage!

It could also be: I want to have 5 children = I can imagine having several children some day (because I love my big family)

I have only three but they keep both me and hubby busy, lol!

I think he means what he says. This is a man that brings an entire circus with him on holidays all across Europe. I'm sure he's very conscious of the older generation having limited time. One day he won't have his mom and aunts, etc. He has to replace them with the next generation. Doesn't seem like his sisters are in a hurry to oblige him either. :naughty:

I think he means what he says. This is a man that brings an entire circus with him on holidays all across Europe. I'm sure he's very conscious of the older generation having limited time. One day he won't have his mom and aunts, etc. He has to replace them with the next generation. Doesn't seem like his sisters are in a hurry to oblige him either. :naughty:

He will be a wonderful father and as he has always had his big family it's probably natural to think having several children. I guess I've just always thought children are gifts, not something for us to decide. I hope his dream will come true!

He will be a wonderful father and as he has always had his big family it's probably natural to think having several children. I guess I've just always thought children are gifts, not something for us to decide. I hope his dream will come true!

Well if Mika waits for someone to just give him a child he's probably going to be waiting a long time. :aah:

I can't wait to read the complete interview. :wub2:

Me too. I really want to read the full translated interview.

Anyway, Mika has plenty of space for his brood of children.

How many houses has he got, by now?

Poor Melachi. She's going to have to share her daddy with his kids.

nice short video biography on VF site

http://bcove.me/3hxgcpyw

:wub2:

ps. apart from the willy nonsense :sneaky2:

http://bcove.me/hpr6vd8j

Uff amazings revelations and shared Xtred video CV .. but ...

u think Italy is now at controversy fight for rights and very slowly...see the group I´m Gay man...http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/group.php?groupid=13 But anything that money can buy no??

but interesting article by diretty Gay people i think

http://www.vanityfair.it/tag/diritti%20gay

In Italia siamo ancora indietro.

«Sì, è incredibile l'influenza della Chiesa. Ma se l'omosessualità non è un reato, allora che c'è di male nella parità dei diritti?».

Lei, vuole sposarsi?

«Se intende il matrimonio classico in chiesa, no. Ma se la domanda è: voglio avere gli stessi diritti di una coppia sposata? Sì, al cento per cento. Voglio prendermi un impegno? Sì, al cento per cento. Voglio affrontare le conseguenze del rompere quell’impegno? Sì, al cento per cento. Penso sia giusto che io abbia dei figli? Sì, al mille per cento. Penso di essere in grado di dare a un figlio amore e una buona educazione, un ambiente accogliente e libero? Sì, al mille per cento. Non ho alcun dubbio. E chi dice che ho torto non sa cosa dice, è un povero sciocco».

Si sente pronto ad avere una famiglia?

«Forse sì, forse no. Ma se mi proietto nel futuro, mi vedo con un sacco di bambini».

Un sacco?

«Il numero giusto è 4 o 5. Vengo da una famiglia numerosa e vorrei crearne una simile».

Ma non le interessa il matrimonio.

«In realtà non escludo di sposarmi, un giorno. Il punto è che un impegno l’ho già preso, sto con il mio compagno da sette anni».

Come mai ha aspettato tanto a fare coming out?

«Ho aspettato perché non ero pronto. L’ho fatto quando mi sono sentito felice. E poi, dovevo sistemare tante cose, prima. Dovevo dirlo a mia zia, a mio zio, agli amici che non lo sapevano. Dovevo parlarne con la mia famiglia e con la famiglia del mio compagno. Non era una cosa che riguardava solo me».

L'intervista completa sul numero 44 di Vanity Fair in edicola da mercoledì 30 ottobre 2013.

In Italy we are still behind .

"Yes , it's amazing the influence of the Church. But if homosexuality is not a crime , then what 's wrong with equal rights ? » .

She wants to get married ?

"If you mean the classic wedding in the church , no. But if the question is: I want to have the same rights as a married couple ? Yes, one hundred percent . I want to take a commitment ? Yes, one hundred percent . I want to face the consequences of breaking that commitment ? Yes, one hundred percent . I think it's fair that I should have children ? Yes, at one thousand percent. I think I'm able to give a child love and a good education, a welcoming environment and free? Yes, at one thousand percent. I have no doubt . And who says I'm wrong does not know what he says, is a poor fool . "

Do you feel ready to have a family?

"Maybe yes, maybe no . But if I project myself into the future , I see myself with a lot of children. "

A lot ?

"The right number is 4 or 5 . I come from a large family and I would like to create a similar ".

But not interested in marriage.

"Actually, I do not exclude to marry me one day. The point is that I have already made a commitment , I'm with my partner for seven years . "

Why did you wait so long to do coming out ?

"I waited because I was not ready . I did it when I felt happy . And then , I had to fix so many things , first . I had to tell my aunt , my uncle , friends who did not know. I had to talk about it with my family and with the family of my partner . It was not something that just about me . "

The full interview on the number 44 of Vanity Fair on newsstands Wednesday, October 30, 2013 .

a tragic :

i bambini possono essere crudeli molto piú degli adulti.mi prendevano in giro per la mia sessualitä.prima ancora che yo stesso iniziasi a capirci qual cosa. e poi c´era un insegnante che me masacrava. Torture psicologiche all confine della violenza fisica. Quando mio padre se ne acorse, andó a fare una escenata a scuola.. dissero che ero un bugiardo., fui espulso.

con la stampa invece?

e stata dura. una volta un giornalista gay dise che erá un stronzo perchë non volevo dire di essere omossesuale. mas si tratava della mia vita!. e questa pressione e bullismo , lo stesso bullismo omofóbico, di cui ero stato vittima da bambino a scuola.

un personaggio publico che fa coming out non e di essempio che ha paura a dichiarare la propria omossesualitá?

l´essempió é la persona non la sua sessualitá.e io e sempre cercato de sere un esempio per tutti e miei fan. mei canzioni parlano degli esclusi della toleranza. amiei concerti sono sempre venuti i secchioni i gay, gli etero,tutti insieme. E il mio messagio dal palco ; siamo un grupo di gente strana.ma andiamo bene cosi, e per un paio de ore possiamo di menticare tutto.

Edited by mer

Guest UnderwaterwithMika
Well if Mika waits for someone to just give him a child he's probably going to be waiting a long time. :aah:

On the contrary I can imagine many fans would love to be surrogate mothers for him and his partner. :blush-anim-cl: It's a good thing he wants a large family ! :lmfao:

On the contrary I can imagine many fans would love to be surrogate mothers for him and his partner. :blush-anim-cl: It's a good thing he wants a large family ! :lmfao:

I was thinking the same thing. Glad you said it first.

I won't be in the queue though. My childbearing days are well and truly over (thank God)

I was watching the bio-vid. Loved the bit with the helium balloon! That's called "taking it back and throwing it in their faces". In 2007 a lot of disrespectful and jealous people said he sang on helium. They meant it as an insult. Lovely to see him joking about with the balloon.

But he would still have to make very deliberate decisions about how many children he wants, it's not just going to befall him like it does with a man/woman couple. Fans are not just going to bring children to the gigs to hand them to him during a M&G :lmfao:

But he would still have to make very deliberate decisions about how many children he wants, it's not just going to befall him like it does with a man/woman couple. Fans are not just going to bring children to the gigs to hand them to him during a M&G :lmfao:

are you sure? :lmfao:

Read the interview and as I didn't lik it at various points, I find this interview interesting... unfortunately we can not see the expressions when he answers to some questions (if he was annoyed or not replying to those questions...)

Btw, if there's no one who's making a translation, I can make it :wink2:

Teresa is very kind :wub2: a nice new Italian fan :original:

which I'm not anymore :devil:

Ahahah thank you, but it's not true about you! ;)

As for the translation, as I said, I can make a very literal one but now I'm not home, I can make it tonight though! :)

Ooooh, I've just read the whole interview. :wub2::wub2::wub2:

If nobody translates it in the meantime I can translate it tonight! :) I really really enjoyed it!

:thumb_yello: Thanks in advance - you're an angel with these translations, like Lucrezia has been for a long time, so fantastic if U 2 can co-operate with these important jobs, for all of us non Italiens :huglove:

I do look forward to read the whole interview :wub2:

Love,love

me