Mika in Vanity Fair Italia N°44 2013 - Interview + photo shoot + videos -- out Oct.30

isabellarosie123

I'm not a big fan of the pose in front if the radiator but I really like the stylistic choices in these pics (and his mouth is closed :aah:) they're very typical vanity fair type pics...vanity fair is the only magazine I buy regularly actually...but I digress :aah:... And hence very glamorous

Haven't read the article yet but srsly FIVE kids??! What the....:naughty:

:shocked: he may just have to stay home from time to time :naughty:

Wow the cover of Vanity Fair is pretty damn impressive. For once I prefer him with the hat on. Nice to see him in a proper one instead of the naff ones he wears on stage. I almost bought him a bespoke felt hat for his birthday but was too preoccupied with the MFC gift. Maybe when he's 40. :naughty: Or maybe when I get a free trip to London :mf_rosetinted:

What does the article say? 7 years with his boyfriend is old news. :naughty: Looks like the photo shoot is in his house and I always love a nosey look. :teehee:

So far, the article talks about him being a dad, wanting a bunch of kids, and wanting equal rights with married couples. Yes, 7 years with the same boyfriend is old news, but it's still nice to read him saying it. :wub2:

I agree Rose, what I don't get is that it took him 7 years with the same partner to realise he was happy:aah::aah::wink2:

I can get that... sometimes you don't know what you've got til it's gone, as the song says. Especially if you're under 30...

Oh that is interesting that he talks about the Kinsey scale as Nas and I were discussing. Doesn't answer his own question though. :naughty:

It seems extremely unlikely that his family did not know he was gay. I wonder if he meant about his relationship.

I was so surprised to see the Kinsey reference -- it was as though he had read your conversation about it!

And I think immediate family may have known, but talking about it with the rest of the family might have taken some doing.

I was saddened that Sacha Baron Cohen left the Freddie movie, it seems unlikely that they're going to make it now, but if Mika was a good actor and gained a little weight, he could portray him I suppose.

But to me, these photos make him look like count dracula with that back slicked hair and all lol

I heard Ben Wishaw is playing Freddie now.

Yes, Ben Whishaw is supposedly tapped for that role. Saw him in MOJO in London this past weekend, and it even said that in a lot of the press surrounding the play's opening.

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2013/oct/21/ben-whishaw-freddie-mercury-biopic

Who's this Ben Wishaw guy? He doesn't look the least bit middle eastern to me so I'm not too keen on him portraying Freddie, but I don't want to judge his talents if I haven't even heard of him. If Sacha wasn't known for being a funny guy, I think they would've kept him on board for the film ('cause apparently he wasn't wanted eventually).

I'm not a big fan of the pose in front if the radiator but I really like the stylistic choices in these pics (and his mouth is closed :aah:) they're very typical vanity fair type pics...vanity fair is the only magazine I buy regularly actually...but I digress :aah:... And hence very glamorous

Haven't read the article yet but srsly FIVE kids??! What the....:naughty:

We first thought of Vicki Pollard...

But its 6 of them so its too much...

1380544_10201699970973014_879109988_n.jpg

Then we thought Adele, but its just 4...

1425645_10201699988853461_554248060_n.jpg

Then finally we got the ultimate Mika Babies:

THE FAMOUS FIVE!!!

1380471_10201699971653031_557031162_n.jpg

But Mika, dont forget about parenthood responsibilities...:mf_rosetinted:

62704_10201699990573504_1604498131_n.jpg

Too much diappers, too much baby food, too much laundry to do...

WHAT ABOUT OUR GIGS?????:sneaky2:

Who's this Ben Wishaw guy? He doesn't look the least bit middle eastern to me so I'm not too keen on him portraying Freddie, but I don't want to judge his talents if I haven't even heard of him. If Sacha wasn't known for being a funny guy, I think they would've kept him on board for the film ('cause apparently he wasn't wanted eventually).

I saw him in Skyfall and he reminded me A LOT of Mika. Mika and Sacha say more Freddie to me but the guy is an actor so presumably he can act and doesn't necessarily have to walk around naturally looking and acting like Freddie.

I thought Freddie was Parsi and not Middle Eastern? I know they descended from Persians but I thought it was many centuries ago? One of my best friends is Parsi and I've been to Zoroastrian functions in her community and family parties, etc. I would say they appear less Middle Eastern than Mika's mother's family. My friend is almost always assumed to be European and many members of her family look Indian or "white". Her brother in law and niece have blue eyes. She always tells me Freddie looks exactly like all her cousins and guys that her parents tried to set her up with when she was young. :teehee:

I heard Ben Wishaw is playing Freddie now.

Oh, I didn't know this. I really like him! Probably partly because he reminds me of Mika but mainly because he is one of those rare really good and interesting young actors.

So far, the article talks about him being a dad, wanting a bunch of kids, and wanting equal rights with married couples. Yes, 7 years with the same boyfriend is old news, but it's still nice to read him saying it. :wub2:

Indeed, warms heart to read him saying things like that :wub2:

Oh, I didn't know this. I really like him! Probably partly because he reminds me of Mika but mainly because he is one of those rare really good and interesting young actors.

Indeed, warms heart to read him saying things like that :wub2:

:wub2: MIKA seems to share a little bit more privacy this year :blush-anim-cl:

Love,love

me

When I mentioned Freddie Mercury , I meant that this photoshoot is made with the same spirit of luxury and camp, not that Mika looks like Freddie. Don`t confuse things please.

Freddie was Persian ( his nationality), British (his citizenship), Parsee ( his religion, of Zoroastrian origin..... though his close friend once said that Freddie`s religion was Jimmy Hendrix).

I hope Mika ( Sasha Cohen, Depp, Radcliff, etc....) will never play Freddie in the movie. The idea is stupid. :sneaky2: I also hope Mika will not play any celebrity. He`s a musician.

Sorry for being a bit off-topic.

When I mentioned Freddie Mercury , I meant that this photoshoot is made with the same spirit of luxury and camp, not that Mika looks like Freddie. Don`t confuse things please.

Freddie was Persian ( his nationality), British (his citizenship), Parsee ( his religion, of Zoroastrian origin..... though his close friend once said that Freddie`s religion was Jimmy Hendrix).

I hope Mika ( Sasha Cohen, Depp, Radcliff, etc....) will never play Freddie in the movie. The idea is stupid. :sneaky2: I also hope Mika will not play any celebrity. He`s a musician.

Sorry for being a bit off-topic.

I agree Julia. The last thing Mika should do is play Freddie, even if they begged him to do it. The biggest bugbear of 2007 was people comparing Mika to Freddie and to some extent it still goes on.

But Mika is unique and should not be compared to anyone.

The only celeb that Mika should play is MIKA, in the movie of his life that I hope will be made someday.

When I saw these pics the first thought that came to me was 'Freddie'. I realised that you weren't saying that in your post ... But simply talking about the style of the pictures.... However, as you had mentioned Freddie's name I quoted your post.

It probably was confusing .... I knew how my mind was working but I probably didn't portray that properly.:naughty:

Sorry.

When I saw these pics the first thought that came to me was 'Freddie'. I realised that you weren't saying that in your post ... But simply talking about the style of the pictures.... However, as you had mentioned Freddie's name I quoted your post.

It probably was confusing .... I knew how my mind was working but I probably didn't portray that properly.:naughty:

Sorry.

I totally understand what you mean, there`s nothing to be sorry for! :flowers2:

I`m not just a mikafan , I`m an old Queen fan too, so I always care about this theme) It`s OK)

... the other comparisons I`ve heard today were "Old Hollywood" and "Humphrey Bogart" :thumb_yello:

Everyone cares about the photos, no-one cares about Mika`s 5 children:naughty: I hope he doesn`t overstate his plans.

Yes, one of the B&W photos looks very much Humphrey Bogart style!

And he always exaggerates! :wink2: I want to have 5 children = I can imagine having children some day.

OMM! He looks like he is trying to scratch his back on the radiator and the hair like he was listening Antonio Banderas advice from The Four Rooms.

:floor:

oooooh i really really do not like this one :naughty:

his hair looks like it's been licked by 1000 kittens, his pants are way to short looking, don't like that little line in front of his pants, the sweater, though it appears soft, looks like it was knitted with leftover wool of every color & don't get me going on those spiky shoes :no: i do like the red shoe laces :aah:

who wears a watch on top of their bathrobe cuff? :naughty:

:roftl: I'm overwhelmed only by the thought of 1000 kittens! But those pants are short,they are specially designed to be wear with no socks,and they are matching perfect with those shoes,imo :wub2:

And he always exaggerates! :wink2: I want to have 5 children = I can imagine having children some day.

:naughty: Exactly! As mothers, we should advise him to have one child first - before he desides to want 5, haha :aah: To be a bit more serious, I "read" it as another way of saying how much he appreciates his big fam. with 5 siblings, and that he might consider to copy his parents one day ...:wub2:

Love,love

me

And he always exaggerates! :wink2:I want to have 5 children = I can imagine having children some day.

The best explanation I `ve ever heard!!! Should be put into "The Dictionary of Mika-idioms". :thumb_yello:

I think he's serious about having 5 children. It might just be a bit of a logistical nightmare for him under the circumstances. I don't think having one will put him off. He will not be "the mother", I can almost guarantee it. So 1 or 20, what's the difference? :naughty: