Mikasounds, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram updates - Part 13

BiaIchihara

please read new thread about the campaign

http://www.mikafanclub.com/topic/32103-rompiamoilsilenzio-mikas-campaign-against-homophobia-in-italy/?p=4017059

if you want to contribute in gathering all the material, follow instructions :-)

I think it's amazing how this campaign spread and eventually turned into a positive force around such a negative issue. I'm not local so just been watching and following what's going on. Thanks for the updates, Robi!  :thumb_yello:

• Like 1

"The participation and public support to the homophobic insult that I denounced have moved me for their unimaginable intensity. They witness the widespread desire for change and progress. All this goes beyond my dirtied face on a poster. It affects everyone. Turning one's back is a luxury, there are people who cannot escape from intolerance. I am struck and inspired by these events"

Immaginexx_zpsqsl3vi1b.jpg

• Like 8

Thanks for the translation Robi! Despite the online translation I just was able to read from these tweets that he's happy about how the campaign went, but i couldn't understand the details.

I don't think Mika's tweets in Italian were to exclude anyone, of course if something's going on in Italy or among Italian fans, he's gonna tweet in Italian. What's the point of him tweeting in English for everyone to understand if the rest of the world wasn't aware of what was happening anyway? Then, if some non Italian fans were interested enough to try to understand his tweets and thought joining the hashtag was the right thing to do, no one told them not to, just as no one was expecting anyone to take part if they didn't want to. There's no good or bad choice in this story, we're all different and we all act according to what we think it's the best thing to do, if people did it with good intentions I don't understand what the problem is. As I said, it soon went beyond Mika and if someone took part in it only to seek his attention, they clearly missed the point of the whole thing.

I agree. I don't think English speaking people were "left out". It wasn't anything that was planned, it just happened. It was to do with what is going on in Italy and the poster was in Florence,so Mika tweeted in Italian.

On mine and Alan's  twitter (because we share an account) there is a button for translating the foreign tweets. Normally I don't bother about it because it's only about X Factor, but after finding out, by reading the forum here, about what had happened, I clicked to translate some of the Italian tweets.

I actually think that Mika showed discretion by not tweeting in other languages. 

• Like 2

I agree. I don't think English speaking people were "left out". It wasn't anything that was planned, it just happened.

And what about the intervening days and today's follow up? Robertina is the only one who has explained this coherently to Mika's non Italian fans. Nothing from Mika and his team.

I actually think that Mika showed discretion by not tweeting in other languages.

So do I. That is my whole point. This was aimed at Italians and was not a call for all and sundry to jump on a bandwagon.

And what about the intervening days and today's follow up? Robertina is the only one who has explained this coherently to Mika's non Italian fans. Nothing from Mika and his team.

So do I. That is my whole point. This was aimed at Italians and was not a call for all and sundry to jump on a bandwagon.

Mika being an international singer and homophobia a worldwide problem, it was bound to happen once Mika shared that poster on social media though...

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Like 1

"The partecipation and pubblic support to the homophobic insult that I denounced have moved me for its unimaginable intensity. They witness the wide spread desire for changement and progress. All this goes beyond my dirtied face on a poster. it is about everyone. Turn one's back is a luxury, there are people who cannot escape from intolerance. I feel affected and inspired by these events"

Immaginexx_zpsqsl3vi1b.jpg

In French: L'engagement et le soutien du public contre la calomnie homophobe dont j'ai parlé m'a beaucoup touché par son inimaginable intensité.

...Ce sont des témoignages du désir d'un nombre immense de personnes pour le changement et le progrès. Cela dépasse ma personne et mon visage gribouillé sur une affiche.
Cela concerne tout le monde. Le regarder autrement c'est un luxe, certains ne peuvent pas échapper à l'intolérance. Je suis impressionné et inspiré par ces événements. 

Mika being an international singer and homophobia a worldwide problem, it was bound to happen once Mika shared that poster on social media though...

Yes it was bound to happen because so many fans (in my timeline at least) try to involve themselves in everything Mika says even when he is clearly not addressing them because he is speaking directly to another fan or speaking to fans in Italy or France or Korea or wherever. Which is what annoys me in this and all cases.

"it is about everyone" - not about everyone in italy, but about everyone. sorry, but for me this is proof enough that he doesn't want to exclude anyone. plus, they've "explained" it in an english press release, which keeps popping up in british gay media today. do you also think that i shouldn't read or comment on gay media, just because i'm not gay? or that mika purposely excludes germans when he tweets in english? :dunno: it's pretty much the same imo. after all, it's public tweets - mika could post geotagged on fb if he wanted to target just a certain country. ofc it's up to you to mute ppl on twitter if you feel bothered by what's going on in your TL. but if you call me and others intrusive, because we're also interested in mika's tweets in other languages than english, that's just something i can't accept. :no:
  • Like 5

"it is about everyone" - not about everyone in italy, but about everyone. sorry, but for me this is proof enough that he doesn't want to exclude anyone. plus, they've "explained" it in an english press release, which keeps popping up in british gay media today. do you also think that i shouldn't read or comment on gay media, just because i'm not gay? or that mika purposely excludes germans when he tweets in english? :dunno: it's pretty much the same imo. after all, it's public tweets - mika could post geotagged on fb if he wanted to target just a certain country. ofc it's up to you to mute ppl on twitter if you feel bothered by what's going on in your TL. but if you call me and others intrusive, because we're also interested in mika's tweets in other languages than english, that's just something i can't accept. :no:

Where can I read this press release? This is the first I've heard of it.

"it is about everyone" - not about everyone in italy, but about everyone.

If you read that in context with the rest of his tweets he is saying that the fight is not about him being attacked personally but about the fact that homophobia is affecting lots of people who do not have a voice. "Everyone" is not you and not me.

they've "explained" it in an english press release, which keeps popping up in british gay media today.

Who is "they"? I haven't seen a press release.

do you also think that i shouldn't read or comment on gay media, just because i'm not gay?

We're not talking about media. We're talking about Mika reaching out directly to his fans.

or that mika purposely excludes germans when he tweets in english?  :dunno:

No but I think he is purposely excluding them when he tweets in a language that virtually none of them could understand (and he knows it). This is especially obvious when he is not speaking in his native language but is speaking in the language of the people who are his (obviously) intended audience.

ika could post geotagged on fb if he wanted to target just a certain country.

Well that's just it. I asked someone yesterday if there was any mention of this at all on Mika's FB (since they always post his tweets and Instagram pics) because I was checking on my tablet and sometimes I can't see everything properly. And she told me that there was one post that included the hashtag but it was geo-tagged for Italy.

but if you call me and others intrusive, because we're also interested in mika's tweets in other languages than english, that's just something i can't accept.  :no:

And I can't accept that my feelings are up for debate on a message board. :naughty: I am not telling anyone what they should or shouldn't do. I am saying that what they do annoys me. And for the record I am not talking about every person who supported the campaign. I thought I made it clear what specific behaviours annoy me (the aggressive "defending", the ass kissing, etc). But whatever. I've said what I had to say. No one has to agree with me but no one is going to convince me to not be annoyed about something that annoys me so I don't understand why we're talking about it :naughty:

Edited by Christine

Ha I have to blame Mika complaining about Korean fans tweeting him in Korean words which he doesn't understand.... while Mika himself tweets in every other language that most of international fans do not understand at all  :naughty:

• Like 2

Sorry Christine, it didn't come across to me that you were just annoyed by the specific behaviours (ass-kissing etc., which i agree can be very annoying). Yes you mentioned it, but it came across to me as if you thought mika's italian tweets were no one's business except of those who live in italy. I think i'm not the only one outside italy who understands what he's tweeting about in italian and french without having to use an online translator - not the details, that's true. But mostly i get the general idea of his tweets, as i learned french and latin at school, and been to italy on holiday almost every year of my childhood. And as i said, i don't think i'm the only one. Some european languages, e.g. spanish, and i think also the romanian languages, are so similar to italian that they can understand italian without ever having learnt it.

Anyway, apparently the press release is not by team mika, you're right with that. It's this, http://www.ansa.it/english/news/lifestyle/arts/2015/08/10/photo-of-homophobic-mika-tag-goes-viral_5e1f8ff3-9b85-4482-8a8e-b84707b5cace.html- an italian news agency who also published the story on their english website.

• Like 2

Yes Karin I know what you are saying. If this had happened in French I would have understood and been able to suss out not only what Mika was tweeting but just generally what was going on with fans on Twitter. And of course if I saw Mika tweeting a pic of himself with faggot across it that would have set off alarm bells. But I don't know what the Italian word for faggot is and Twitter's app is not going to translate that. It also cannot translate hashtags because there is no space between words. So all I see is a thumbnail of Mika's album and some tweets in Italian, just like a hundred other tweets where he is promoting himself in Italy and does not concern any of the rest of us. I see the usual attention seeking responses from people he was clearly not addressing. They did the same thing telling Mika what he should or should not do with regards to the set backdrop that had upset some Koreans. Basically everyone blindly running to "defend" Mika's original choice when his decision and apology had nothing to do with them.

My feeling is that if Mika truly wanted my input he would have not onlytweeted in a language that the vast majority of his followers do not understand. That does not mean people can't react if they want to but it doesn't change Mika's choice to not address his hundreds of thousands of followers that he is perfectly aware will not understand to the point they will not even bother to investigate.

Yes, i guess it helped me in understanding his tweets that i had seen the picture on facebook already in the afternoon and had googled the word written across the poster, as the fb user was very upset about it... they removed their post soon after, but it was thanks to this that i immediately knew what mika's tweets referred to. ;)

MIKA official @mikasounds 15h

La partecipazione e il pubblico sostegno contro la calunnia omofobica che ho denunciato mi hanno commosso per l'intensità inimmaginabile.

..Sono testimonianza del diffuso desiderio di cambiamento e progresso. Tutto ciò va ben oltre me e la mia faccia imbrattata su un poster,

Riguarda tutti. Voltarsi dall'altra parte é un lusso, c'é chi non puó sfuggire all'intolleranza. Sono colpito e ispirato da questi eventi.

Edited by BiaIchihara
  • Like 2

Mikainstagram

https://instagram.com/p/6W5fWnTiE3/ "After a few crazy weeks, sitting by the pond in Battersea Park in London. In the rain, with the dogs. And it couldn't be better"

20377347859_c70beeccbf_o.jpg

https://instagram.com/p/6W5kuIziE7/

"Especially when they do this !"

20555114152_a497b7e9da_o.jpg

https://instagram.com/p/6W_WVhTiMe/

"You know IT. Chef Mika. (In my dreams) MERCI BRAGARD Anche se ancora non sono andato in vacanza, non potrei stare meglio, a casa con i miei cani, ascoltando musica e cucinando(male ma va benne???? "

20555330212_536042697b_b.jpg

post-18723-0-70593400-1439547415_thumb.jpg

post-18723-0-18446700-1439547418_thumb.jpg

post-18723-0-51296000-1439547419_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Can you translate it what he said in Italian?

Anche se ancora non sono andato in vacanza, non potrei stare meglio, a casa con i miei cani, ascoltando musica e cucinando(male ma va benne)

even if i haven't left for holidays yet, i couldn't feel better, being home with my dogs, listening to music and cooking (badly but who cares) ;)

Edited by *Vv*
  • Like 1

Anche se ancora non sono andato in vacanza, non potrei stare meglio, a casa con i miei cani, ascoltando musica e cucinando(male ma va benne)

=

even if i haven't left for holidays yet, i couldn't feel better, being home with my dogs, listening to music and cooking (badly but who cares) ;)

Thank you very much ????????