Mika @ Palladium, London, UK -- 05 June 2016

mari62

Hi folks!

I have a perhaps stupid question.

Do we have already a fan-action for our London gig?

With only 2000 spectators we want one, isn't?

I tried to find out anything at the forum but I didn't find anything.

I still like the idea of doing something to do with The Tiller Girls.  :)

Hi I'm not sure where to post this. I can no longer go to this show and have 1 ticket the seat is 29 row C royal circle and have the ticket at hand so if anyone is interested I can post it quickly, only after what I paid for it. sorry if this is in wrong topic.

I hope you are able to go :huglove:

• Like 1

I still like the idea of doing something to do with The Tiller Girls.  :)

The Tiller Girls? I googled them, but isn't it a bit complecated to do anything with The Tiller Girls. OK, I only would have the idea to dance - and I'm sure when I danse in a costume like that - I would look like The Tiller Elefant - and Mika never would regordnize what I would show him.

I really think we would need something easier to do.  What do you think about this?

In Cologne and Brussels we had 2012 we had tinsels for one song. We would have them prepare before - but it was quite good the two times.

The Tiller Girls? I googled them, but isn't it a bit complecated to do anything with The Tiller Girls. OK, I only would have the idea to dance - and I'm sure when I danse in a costume like that - I would look like The Tiller Elefant - and Mika never would regordnize what I would show him.

I really think we would need something easier to do.  What do you think about this?

In Cologne and Brussels we had 2012 we had tinsels for one song. We would have them prepare before - but it was quite good the two times.

I can't think of anything to do with the Tiller Girls either.

Can you explain what you mean by tinsels?

MFCers will be Tiller Girls in London ????? :mikadas:

I was thinking maybe t shirts, or maybe pics of Big Girls  :biggirl:  in a Tiller Girls pose, distributed throughout the theatre perhaps?

• Like 1

I can't think of anything to do with the Tiller Girls either.

Can you explain what you mean by tinsels?

if graciosa is talking about what we did in cologne, it was this:

kunststoff-lametta-einst-der.jpg

We made little pompoms of that for celebrate, it was a very cool effect and mika loved it so much, that he wanted it again for brussels. There it was only one or two colours though, and not enough tinsel in thr pompoms, so the effect wasn't as big and colourful. It'd certainly look nice, if it's done properly - but it has been done before and also i don't know if any of the current songs would fit as well as celebrate. :dunno:

I was thinking maybe t shirts, or maybe pics of Big Girls  :biggirl:  in a Tiller Girls pose, distributed throughout the theatre perhaps?

Mmh, the big girls pics is a good idea, it wouldn't take more effort than the flags or the freddie pictures, and we could do it for big girl. Tshirts are a lot more expensive, and they could only be seen in the first few rows, i think.

But imo neither the tinsel nor the tiller girls are very mika-related. Sabine had a cool idea in the fb chat today... she said we could do something with the 3 venue areas and heaven, purgatory and hell - like mika divided it at the last london gig. I like her idea, it would relate to mika and his album AND to the last london gig, and also play with the theatre layout. The only thing i'm not sure of is how to picture the difference between hell and purgatory - it's both kinda hot and full of fire, isn't it? :teehee:

if graciosa is talking about what we did in cologne, it was this:

kunststoff-lametta-einst-der.jpg

We made little pompoms of that for celebrate, it was a very cool effect and mika loved it so much, that he wanted it again for brussels. There it was only one or two colours though, and not enough tinsel in thr pompoms, so the effect wasn't as big and colourful. It'd certainly look nice, if it's done properly - but it has been done before and also i don't know if any of the current songs would fit as well as celebrate. :dunno:

Mmh, the big girls pics is a good idea, it wouldn't take more effort than the flags or the freddie pictures, and we could do it for big girl. Tshirts are a lot more expensive, and they could only be seen in the first few rows, i think.

But imo neither the tinsel nor the tiller girls are very mika-related. Sabine had a cool idea in the fb chat today... she said we could do something with the 3 venue areas and heaven, purgatory and hell - like mika divided it at the last london gig. I like her idea, it would relate to mika and his album AND to the last london gig, and also play with the theatre layout. The only thing i'm not sure of is how to picture the difference between hell and purgatory - it's both kinda hot and full of fire, isn't it? :teehee:

The Tiller Girls are a part of Palladium history, and I think Mika would be very open to recognising that.

I really like this idea too, for the same reasons you mentioned. Yeah, differentiating between hell and purgatory could be a problem, but maybe we could use a different colour, for example red for hell and orange for purgatory (to indicate that purgatory is slightly less hot  :teehee:)? But we'd probably still need to have some kind of sign or letters spelling the words "hell" and "purgatory" to make the meaning clear.  :P

I don't think we will have enough people participating in the different areas to make enough impact.

I prefer the idea of using something glittery as that would be more noticeable from the stage.

• Like 1

Well guess this is where I can reveal my crazy travel plan to actually be there at the London Palladium. It just doesn't seem real.... :fisch:

It's about time! It's been waaaay too long  :wub:

• Like 1

Well guess this is where I can reveal my crazy travel plan to actually be there at the London Palladium. It just doesn't seem real.... :fisch:

SO delighted! :yay:

• Like 2

I don't think we will have enough people participating in the different areas to make enough impact.

I prefer the idea of using something glittery as that would be more noticeable from the stage.

Hmm... maybe we could combine the two? And use different colours of glittery mini-pompoms for the 3 areas? Something like red and gold for Hell, orange and brown for Purgatory and silver and light blue for Heaven? For example. That'd be glittery, and we could prepare it and give it out in the different areas. And if Mika gets the reference, because it was him who chose this comparison the last time, fine - if not, it's just nice glitter. ;) I just don't know for which song, as I think he doesn't sing NPIH anymore (besides, I think a fast song would be better). Love Today? :dunno:

I also had 2 ideas for the Tiller girls last night. I think if we do this, it should be in addition to something else, and not the only thing. But the 2 ideas I had were 1) based on Rose's Big Girl idea, we could make them dance. That'd be something for only a few rows in the stalls though, and everyone in that row (at least one block in that row) would have to join to make it work. I was thinking, we could cut out the Big Girl legs and attach them to the paper-body with ribbons - then we could move the legs and make a row of dancing (paper / cardboard) Big Girls, that dance a little choreography like the Tiller Girls. Just very short, so it won't get too complicated, for example for "Big Girl, you are beautiful", and repeat that during the chorus.

Or idea 2), I had been thinking for a while that it'd be nice to do a fanaction with showing pictures on mobile phones. In this case it could be a GIF of the dancing Tiller Girls, we would all save that on our phone and show it at a certain point - and for the non-MFCers we could give out small papers with a short instruction and a download-link, so everyone (with a smartphone) could take part if they want.

Am I right to assume the range of merchandise available will be the same as at The Adelphi last year? Thanks.

I think we'll have to wait for the first gig of this tour to know if it's the same merch as last year. :dunno:

I don't think showing a gif on a mobile phone would really work - the images would be too small?

And the dancing Tiller Girls could only be done by one row of fans (if you could get enough people to take part, they won't all be MFCers) :dunno:

The glitter pom-poms sound best, but even they aren't original

Wet blanket mode :badmood:

To be honest I am getting a bit bored with fan actions, it's Mika's job to entertain us, not the other way round. I would rather concentrate on the gig itself, rather than carry round various props waiting for my cues during certain songs.

It's bad enough being at a gig where half the audience are too busy filming and tweeting to pay proper attention to what is happening before their eyes.

• Like 5

To be honest I am getting a bit bored with fan actions, it's Mika's job to entertain us, not the other way round. I would rather concentrate on the gig itself, rather than carry round various props waiting for my cues during certain songs.

It's bad enough being at a gig where half the audience are too busy filming and tweeting to pay proper attention to what is happening before their eyes.

Think I'll be joining the Wet Blanket Brigade this time. :teehee:

Imagine Mika's surprise if we actually did nothing ??

I think I might just bring my flag to wave at the end of the show again.

• Like 1

I thought I was the only one feeling like this ;)

I thought I was the only one feeling like this ;)

I'm not against fan action - It was fun when it first started, and I think some fan actions have been quite stunning, but it seems to be getting a bit routine now (and, dare I say it, a bit competitive).

• Like 1

I agree that it's getting a bit much, several things at every gig... just those seated gigs are so tempting, because you can actually involve most of the crowd. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I'd help if you want me to, but if there's no fan action, I'm not sad about the free time I'll have by NOT creating heaps of glitter pompoms in the next few weeks. :teehee:

Maybe something really easy to print out would be nice, to show our love for Mika, not to compete or anything. Hearts. whatever. :mikacool:

Maybe something really easy to print out would be nice, to show our love for Mika, not to compete or anything. Hearts. whatever. :mikacool:

For me the glittery mini pom-poms would be fine. :wub:

I understand very well the argument that it's Mikas job to entertain us but for me it's also only 50% for Mika.

The other 50% it's because I really enjoy when the whole audience is doing something together. I love that feeling and energy in the audience. And yes, I also love Mikas reaction when he notice that his fans -the MFC- are doing anything „for him“. And yes, it should be simple.

Perhaps we could do Mikas new M-Heart, what he tweeted yesterday? :mikacool:

In my opinion it would be a pity to do nothing in a audience where it would be much easier as anywhere else to distribute and to get a good effect in this theatre. I really loved to wave the paper for the „TAY“ and the „THANK YOU - FLAG“ fan actions last time. :yes:

• Like 6