Mika @ Palladium, London, UK -- 05 June 2016

mari62

Will be streamed live to China!

Korean fans attending should advise on "fan action"  :wink2:

Already checking out sites for items to bring along.

We need to keep it simple, not loads of stuff, it gets too confusing and distracting.

• Like 1

We need to keep it simple, not loads of stuff, it gets too confusing and distracting.

I think people know my view - just one mass action during one song.

I'd really like to concentrate on Mika's performance, not be worrying about what I have to do

• Like 5

I think people know my view - just one mass action during one song.

I'd really like to concentrate on Mika's performance, not be worrying about what I have to do

I'm with you Silver. At the last London gig my arms were worn out holding things up. :teehee:

• Like 2

Definitely keep it simple! 2 fun actions sufficient!

In Korea, the fan club had placed the items (In Busan was the sun/star) which was stuck behind each chair. In Seoul the streamers were put in small bags in each chair with instructions . Otherwise it doesn't work well as collective action.

Maybe for London have multi coloured stars? Looks great when phone lights up behind  :mika1:

Edited by Zel
  • Like 1

In Korea, the fan club had placed the items (In Busan was the sun/star) which was stuck behind each chair. In Seoul the streamers were put in small bags in each chair with instructions . Otherwise it doesn't work well as collective action.

Maybe for London have multi coloured stars? Looks great when phone lights up behind  :mika1:

Or suns, if we do it for Staring At The Sun.

To make it perfect, it's necessary to discuss and set up things with the concert promotors and the venue... there're some restrictions upon the venue condition and seat places and the stage...lights ...so on.

I go this gig so would be amazing if I could experience something special in London! Surely small audience tricks empowers the concert!

• Like 2

To make it perfect, it's necessary to discuss and set up things with the concert promotors and the venue... there're some restrictions upon the venue condition and seat places and the stage...lights ...so on.

I go this gig so would be amazing if I could experience something special in London! Surely small audience tricks empowers the concert!

Will you be going?

The Palladium is a small theatre, so not really equipped for participation on the scale of the Korean or Japanese venues. The phone lights, like we did at the Adelphi, would be very effective and maybe a star/sun for one of the songs, and we could do the flags again at the end. Too much gets confusing, and cumbersome for the small amount of space there is in the seats.

Edited by RAK1
  • Like 2

Oh that's a shame. Are the stalls sold out?

They seem to be sold out on Ticketmaster or Seetickes, but I guess that it's possible to find some fans who sell spare tickets...even if not the best seats, maybe... which seat did you get?

Edited by maggie112

They seem to be sold out on Ticketmaster or Seetickes, but I guess that it's possible to find some fans who sell spare tickets...even if not the best seats, maybe... which seat did you get?

Yes I checked yesterday, though I wonder if there is a cancellation list at the theatre, for people who can't go and give tickets back. I know they do it at The Colston Hall in Bristol.

Yes I checked yesterday, though I wonder if there is a cancellation list at the theatre, for people who can't go and give tickets back. I know they do it at The Colston Hall in Bristol.

I think that Vicky still has some stalls tickets Rose.

About asking the promoters or the venue -- when I asked the management at the Adelphi about bringing in props, etc. for the fan actions that were proposed they told me NO, not if they were going to obscure anyone else's view. :sad:

And FWIW,  the management for the Adelphi is also the management at the Palladium, as they are both part of the Really Useful Theatre Group.

I don't know if they would have actually barred anyone from entering the theater if they'd been carrying oversized buildings, for example, but it is hard to go and do something once you've asked and been denied permission.  :dunno:

However, there is an old saying that goes something like, "Sometimes it's better to beg forgiveness than to ask permission." :das:

• Like 2

I've got row C on the left. An aisle seat which is great as I can dance in the aisle if anyone tall blocks my view. :wink2:

• Like 3