Mika @ Palladium, London, UK -- 05 June 2016

mari62

Well, the plans for the adelphi surprises (the TAY skyline) started pretty early, but in fact everything was done within the last 2 weeks or so before the gig. :teehee: and the flags were pretty last minute. So i guess it's never too early, or too late, to plan something. :naughty:

Rose, do you think mika knows these dancers and would be able to make the connection? Maybe we could extend it to dressing up as any people or characters that are part of the theatre's history... not only these dancers, but also the Beatles, the Queen, characters from musicals that have been played there,... or maybe that's too chaotic, not sure - just a spontaneous idea, inspired by the one Rose posted. ;)

I also like Marilyn's idea about royalty... but i think there was already a (swiss?) gig where the fans have been wearing crowns. And mika has also been given a crown for promiseland... so maybe it shouldn't be (just) crowns, because that has been done already. :dunno:

• Like 2

Well, the plans for the adelphi surprises (the TAY skyline) started pretty early, but in fact everything was done within the last 2 weeks or so before the gig. :teehee: and the flags were pretty last minute. So i guess it's never too early, or too late, to plan something. :naughty:

Rose, do you think mika knows these dancers and would be able to make the connection? Maybe we could extend it to dressing up as any people or characters that are part of the theatre's history... not only these dancers, but also the Beatles, the Queen, characters from musicals that have been played there,... or maybe that's too chaotic, not sure - just a spontaneous idea, inspired by the one Rose posted. ;)

I also like Marilyn's idea about royalty... but i think there was already a (swiss?) gig where the fans have been wearing crowns. And mika has also been given a crown for promiseland... so maybe it shouldn't be (just) crowns, because that has been done already. :dunno:

Anyone who has lived in London over the past 60 years knows the Tiller Girls, so I'm pretty sure Mika does  :thumb_yello:

• Like 1

I didn't know about that. I didn't know the royal theme had been used. 

I'm not sure Mika would know The Tiller Girls, althought they were iconic at the time, but he will know about all the acts that played there.

Actually... Dressing up as the acts that played the Palladium, is a brilliant idea in my opinion. For example, Dusty Springfield played there on (I think) one of the RVPs, and she was featured in his radio broadcast. So you could think of some, he's bound to know, like Freddie Mercury and Queen, or The Beatles. I don't know if David Bowie played there, but he might have done.

But I think, if you do use the idea, it would be best to either focus on Pop Icons, or else, Musical Characters. To use both would be confusing.

Edited by Marilyn Mastin
  • Like 1

I was thinking about it.... and I thought about his past concerts and music videos and I thought about fedora hats.. but I would be more suitable for 2012 when he wore fedoras to a lot of his concerts.

Then I was thinking bow ties because he said in an interview that he had a fascination with bow ties at a young age... but maybe a lot of us wouldn't be able to get one or coordinate it with our outfit or it would be a bit hot as we are going in the summer.

Or we could dress up as him in the NPIH album cover (shirt and trousers) but that would be hard to coordinate with each other and I think he said in an interview to wear whatever you want.

What do you guys think? I don't really think they are related to the Palladium itself but maybe these could inspire you to think of some others :thumb_yello:  :)  :dunno:  :excite:

I didn't know about that. I didn't know the royal theme had been used. 

I'm not sure Mika would know The Tiller Girls, althought they were iconic at the time, but he will know about all the acts that played there.

Actually... Dressing up as the acts that played the Palladium, is a brilliant idea in my opinion. For example, Dusty Springfield played there on (I think) one of the RVPs, and she was featured in his radio broadcast. So you could think of some, he's bound to know, like Freddie Mercury and Queen, or The Beatles. I don't know if David Bowie played there, but he might have done.

But I think, if you do use the idea, it would be best to either focus on Pop Icons, or else, Musical Characters. To use both would be confusing.

Mika seems to like knowing the history of venues he plays at. He knew all about the Colston Hall in Bristol when he played there.

So I'm pretty sure he will know who the Tiller Girls are  :thumb_yello:

I was thinking about it.... and I thought about his past concerts and music videos and I thought about fedora hats.. but I would be more suitable for 2012 when he wore fedoras to a lot of his concerts.

Then I was thinking bow ties because he said in an interview that he had a fascination with bow ties at a young age... but maybe a lot of us wouldn't be able to get one or coordinate it with our outfit or it would be a bit hot as we are going in the summer.

Or we could dress up as him in the NPIH album cover (shirt and trousers) but that would be hard to coordinate with each other and I think he said in an interview to wear whatever you want.

What do you guys think? I don't really think they are related to the Palladium itself but maybe these could inspire you to think of some others :thumb_yello:  :)  :dunno:  :excite:

If you are thinking along those lines, you could use the tharacters and ideas in the NPIH album?

I know it's not as character driven as, say, LICM, but there may be something you all can do with the idea.

For instance, some of you could be angels

Someone could be Devil-Boy, someone else, Devil-Girl

Someone could hold up a sign with Rio on it, etc

Just playing around with the ideas the album and the songs give, could produce some good stuff.

Again, it's just me adding my pennyworth to what people are coming up with.

Edited by Marilyn Mastin
  • Like 1

Hi everyone just read all your messages on here and im even more excited about the show. its my first and i know it will be amazing :).

Im sitting Row N, on the side is anyone else?

also another bit of information. ive been to this venue before for another concert and it doesnt matter where you sit, the view is great. so dont worry :) you can all get amazing pictures and videos

Edited by YazzieK
  • Like 2

I know this is a bit early to be thinking of this but are we going to do anything special for Mika at the concert? e.g. I think at the Adelphi Theatre it was holding up flags (I'm not too sure) and at other gigs it was Paper planes (Mika said in a interview). So do you have any original ideas for what we could do? :):thumb_yello:

I think it would be quite cool because the Palladium is an iconic place to perform...

its an amazing venue cant wait to see him perform there ????

Same! I've never been there before but from what I've seen, I know it's an iconic venue. :D

I'm looking forward to mingling with other MFCers too.

it really is. which is why its no surprise that he is performing there. cant wait to be back there especailly to see Mika perform.

same here cant wait to meet and get to know other MFCers :)

I was going to get a Pride flag and stitch 'Love does what it wants' or the french translation 'l'amour fait ce qu'il veut' onto it to hold up during No Place In Heaven (i would assume he would sing it) for next time i saw him but i thought he might've done more UK dates so I don't know whether to do it for London...

I was going to get a Pride flag and stitch 'Love does what it wants' or the french translation 'l'amour fait ce qu'il veut' onto it to hold up during No Place In Heaven (i would assume he would sing it) for next time i saw him but i thought he might've done more UK dates so I don't know whether to do it for London...

I would love him to do more UK shows, but I'm not holding my breath.

I would love him to do more UK shows, but I'm not holding my breath.

I doubt it myself. I'm resigned to never seeing him live again. Because, on the rare times he plays UK it's in London and it's the weekend when it's impossible to get easily from Manchester to London.

So my days of seeing Mika live are over,

Edited by Marilyn Mastin

Hi, I have a doubt about box office collection, maybe it's a very very stupid question but I try: :)

If I check on London Palladium page on Ticketmaster, it says that Box Office is open from Monday to Saturday, and that Box Office collection is possible during the hour before the show... does it mean also for shows on SUNDAY, right? ;) or do I have to come to London on Saturday to collect it? It would be a bit absurd  :doh:

Hi, I have a doubt about box office collection, maybe it's a very very stupid question but I try: :)

If I check on London Palladium page on Ticketmaster, it says that Box Office is open from Monday to Saturday, and that Box Office collection is possible during the hour before the show... does it mean also for shows on SUNDAY, right? ;) or do I have to come to London on Saturday to collect it? It would be a bit absurd  :doh:

i think they say that because usually the theatre is closed on sunday (no musicals that day). but as there's a gig that day, the box office will open one hour before the show. at least it was like that at the adelphi, so i expect it to be the same at the palladium.

• Like 1

I bought my ticket from gigsandtours, and their e-mail says, "Your tickets will be available for collection at the venue on the day of the event." So I'm sure you'll be able to get the ticket on Sunday before the show.  :thumb_yello: And like Mellody said, it was like that at the Adelphi last year too.

• Like 1

I bought my ticket from gigsandtours, and their e-mail says, "Your tickets will be available for collection at the venue on the day of the event." So I'm sure you'll be able to get the ticket on Sunday before the show.  :thumb_yello: And like Mellody said, it was like that at the Adelphi last year too.

yes, I was at Adelphi theatre too and it was Sunday, right  :doh:

thanks to you both,  :hug:

If I check on London Palladium page on Ticketmaster, it says that Box Office is open from Monday to Saturday, and that Box Office collection is possible during the hour before the show... does it mean also for shows on SUNDAY, right? ;) or do I have to come to London on Saturday to collect it? It would be a bit absurd :doh:

hi dont worry, you can collect tickets on the day of the gig. ive done that before without any problem, i went 1hr before the gig and it was fine :)

• Like 1

Has anyone got an extra ticket? The best I can get from Palladium's site is a J row ticket for Royal Circle. I haven't seen Mika for over three years, and I only just found out about this London show today! I'm itching to go. :)

Edited by Marianne84

I bought the J row tickets since my parents want to come, too. The seats are on the side, but I expect that there's a great view and sound everywhere at this venue. It's going to be a great concert, and I'm excited to be going to London again! :D

Edited by Marianne84
  • Like 2