Mika @ Palladium, London, UK -- 05 June 2016

mari62

Ah ok cool thanks for clarifying....for a moment I panicked :) So Christine we are not next to each others afterall....

Aw, bummer. I am sure I'll see you at some point though. I think we met in...Brooklyn...earlier this year?

That is strange about the Ticketmaster seating plan. I really hope Row A is there :P It's a shame the venue still has so many seats available though, I hope it sells out.

Yes I think they sometimes remove rows A & B depending on the production, so I guess some of the seating plans are different to this Mika show. I expect plenty of more tickets will be sold in the coming months.

• Like 1

That is strange about the Ticketmaster seating plan. I really hope Row A is there :P It's a shame the venue still has so many seats available though, I hope it sells out.

It looks like Bond Street tube stop is also close but I suspect you'd be more likely to find somewhere for a meet up around Oxford Circus. I look forward to hearing what you organise nearer the time & will come along if I can. If not hopefully I'll be able to catch up with you at the theatre again :)

I hope there is a Row A too, as it would really be a bummer to have a ticket for a non-existent seat. ;) What's your seat number? Mine is A16. :)

Yeah, i read somewhere that indeed for some productions row A and sometimes even B get removed. It also said that the stage is pretty high, so it's not recommended for short people or children to sit there. Guess it's a difference tho whether you want to see a musical, where many things happen more towards the middle / back of the stage as well, or a gig with a singer who is pretty tall and stands mostly at the front. :teehee:

For whoever asked about age restrictions, I saw this on the theater's site for this show:

"Please note that U14's must be accompanied by an adult for this event." So it doesn't sound like under 14 will be turned away, they just need to be with a parent/guardian who's of age.

• Like 1

Yeah, i read somewhere that indeed for some productions row A and sometimes even B get removed. It also said that the stage is pretty high, so it's not recommended for short people or children to sit there. Guess it's a difference tho whether you want to see a musical, where many things happen more towards the middle / back of the stage as well, or a gig with a singer who is pretty tall and stands mostly at the front. :teehee:

I'm short but hopefully I'll be ok. I'm not usually able to stand for long so having a seat in the front row where I can see sufficiently when sitting down (due to no one being in front of me) outweighs the possible drawback of not being able to see Mika's feet (as was the case at The Adelphi) :)

Edited by mysti1990
  • Like 1

Aw, bummer. I am sure I'll see you at some point though. I think we met in...Brooklyn...earlier this year?

Yes we did :) And I will certainly come to the meetup this time. I had bought tickets to Paris before the Adelphi concert was announced, so I missed the previous one.

• Like 1

For whoever asked about age restrictions, I saw this on the theater's site for this show:

"Please note that U14's must be accompanied by an adult for this event." So it doesn't sound like under 14 will be turned away, they just need to be with a parent/guardian who's of age.

Thanks for checking Deb it was me who asked. I am taking my daughter who is 7.

Thanks for the info, Deb! I might bring my boys again  :)

• Like 1

In any case, the whole of Row U in the stalls is open, and much of row Q. And some of J and L and one lonely seat in I.

I have given up hope of a seeing a US tour from Mika anytime soon.......so anyone who buys that lonely seat in row i will be sitting near a passionate American fan who longs to see Mika perform live again and will also be renting a car because I have always wanted to drive a car with the steering wheel on the right side of the vehicle and drive on the wrong side of the road (wrong to an American that is) I guess I have 6 months to learn to drive a car with a clutch!

and if.....BIG IF....by chance Mika does do a 2016 US tour  :pray:  then, i will probably be selling my tickets in ROW i

• Like 2

I have given up hope of a seeing a US tour from Mika anytime soon.......so anyone who buys that lonely seat in row i will be sitting near a passionate American fan who longs to see Mika perform live again and will also be renting a car because I have always wanted to drive a car with the steering wheel on the right side of the vehicle and drive on the wrong side of the road (wrong to an American that is) I guess I have 6 months to learn to drive a car with a clutch!

and if.....BIG IF....by chance Mika does do a 2016 US tour  :pray:  then, i will probably be selling my tickets in ROW i

Oh wow that would be so cool if you could come!! (I wouldn't completely give up hope of a US tour in 2016 though.)

As someone who has been driving with a clutch since 1987 and has lived for a couple of years in London, I am not sure I would advise trying to drive around London :aah: I managed to get a lot of practice with right side driving when I was in Johannesburg, where the boulevards are wide and the city is laid out like a grid...which wasn't too bad. But London is a total nightmare. There are millions of one-way streets, roundabouts, tiny lanes that look like a block on a map but are actually just a few yards apart, roads that criss cross all over the place. Maybe it will be easier with GPS and maybe you are just a more adventurous/competent driver than me, but I have avoided driving in central London almost entirely. I would at least recommend you try to get your bearings outside of London first before you venture right into the city.

• Like 1

I don't think I even saw you in October so hopefully this time around. (I did see Abby though so I guess you weren't far away).

To be honest there were a lot of people that I missed :(

But it really was just a very very brief visit for Abby and I and we went straight back to our hotel afterwards, we didn't hang about outside. This next time we will be in London all day Sunday and Monday so we might not have to be so anti social!

• Like 2

Oh wow that would be so cool if you could come!! (I wouldn't completely give up hope of a US tour in 2016 though.)

As someone who has been driving with a clutch since 1987 and has lived for a couple of years in London, I am not sure I would advise trying to drive around London :aah: I managed to get a lot of practice with right side driving when I was in Johannesburg, where the boulevards are wide and the city is laid out like a grid...which wasn't too bad. But London is a total nightmare. There are millions of one-way streets, roundabouts, tiny lanes that look like a block on a map but are actually just a few yards apart, roads that criss cross all over the place. Maybe it will be easier with GPS and maybe you are just a more adventurous/competent driver than me, but I have avoided driving in central London almost entirely. I would at least recommend you try to get your bearings outside of London first before you venture right into the city.

I agree... I've had a rental car in England twice, and driving anywhere outside of cities was perfectly fine, and also cities like Newcastle or Birmingham were ok. But London was indeed a total nightmare. A 3-lane-roundabout without any lane markings was the worst thing, after that I just looked for a parking space and left the car there for the rest of my stay (and only found out later that I wasn't allowed to park there - luckily the car was still there, just got a ticket :doh:). So yeah, if you want to drive around the UK a bit, get a rental car - but better get it at London airport after your stay in London, and drive from there. ;)

• Like 1

I agree... I've had a rental car in England twice, and driving anywhere outside of cities was perfectly fine, and also cities like Newcastle or Birmingham were ok. But London was indeed a total nightmare. A 3-lane-roundabout without any lane markings was the worst thing, after that I just looked for a parking space and left the car there for the rest of my stay (and only found out later that I wasn't allowed to park there - luckily the car was still there, just got a ticket :doh:). So yeah, if you want to drive around the UK a bit, get a rental car - but better get it at London airport after your stay in London, and drive from there. ;)

Yes I lived in Reading for a few weeks when we had a car and I was fine with that (although I don't really understand roundabouts if I'm honest :teehee:), but when I was in London I would just go from my flat directly to the nearest grocery store and back. I am sure I would have learned to venture out further eventually but it's not something I want to tackle now that I am always tired and jetlagged and only in town for a few days.

Even going outside the city, chances are it is easier and at least as fast to take a train. If I was going to drive around the countryside I would probably take a train to the nearest large town and rent a car from there.

Thank you Christine and Mellody for the driving tips. I think I would be too nervous to drive BEFORE Mika's concert, so I will save it until after the show and when I will be heading to Liverpool to visit an old friend. Three lane roundabouts would really scare me. There is a two lane roundabout in a northern suburb of Chicago and it is a nightmare. Everyone panics and stops....then goes. We Americans are slow to embrace roundabouts....at least around Chicago.

Now, :ot: 

What is the deal with so many different outlets/ticket dealers selling tickets for one venue? Is this common in London? From this thread, people listed at least 3 or 4 of them and most of them have different blocks of tickets available. :shocked: They are not after market scalpers (like StubHub in North America) How confusing, you would have to have multiple browsers open just to see who has the best available.....or maybe it is just confusing to an outsider, like me :dunno:

Is it isual in NA that you can only get the tickets from one (official) seller? :blink: i only know it this way, to have different options. We have all these different ticket sites, like ticketmaster or eventim or seetickets - and in this case also the website of the theatre itself. I'm glad there is some choice, because the service is different for each site, some offer print-at-home tickets or show you a map of the venue to choose your seat, others don't.

How confusing, you would have to have multiple browsers open just to see who has the best available.....or maybe it is just confusing to an outsider, like me :dunno:

It is really frustrating/time consuming not having the tickets come from a central database so that you know you are getting the best available tickets at any given moment. It's a terrible system.

Is it isual in NA that you can only get the tickets from one (official) seller? :blink:I'm glad there is some choice, because the service is different for each site, some offer print-at-home tickets or show you a map of the venue to choose your seat, others don't.

Just about everything here goes through Ticketmaster/Live Nation, which offers maps and print at home tickets. Having additional ticket sellers is not going to give you better options because Ticketmaster gives you everything and there are never any hassles. It completely eliminates the endless nonsense I have had to endure over Mika tickets through these UK ticketing agents.

Just to give you an example of the superior service they offer...I got printed tickets for the Fratellis a couple of months ago because I wanted to give them to a friend for her birthday. I forgot my tickets at home on the way to the venue and it would have taken me an hour to go home and come back again so I thought I would probably have to buy new tickets. When the box office opened I told them I forgot my tix and they printed a new batch for me in 30 seconds. I didn't even need the receipt or order number, I just gave them my driver's license and the venue could access my tickets and reprint them instantly.

Meanwhile in the UK...how many stories have we heard about fans having to buy duplicate tickets because See Tickets would not release them before the doors open? This happened to me in 2007 and it is still happening 8 years later. What about all those Sandbag disasters in 2009/2010? I would come home from the gigs and the tickets would be in my mailbox because they never mailed them out on time. Then there is this problem of trying to buy seats in a theatre and some of the best ones are available in places that Team Mika has not informed fans about. Even my friends in the UK do not know all the options available in advance and it's such a stress and waste of time that we all have to be online at the same time, trying to buy tickets from this one and that one, hoping someone is going to find the best seats available.

Even in the early 1980s when you had to physically queue up or call over and over to try to get tickets, there was still a central ticketing system and one pool of tickets to draw from. I can't believe in 2015 the UK still has this inefficient way of selling tickets. I don't understand it at all.

Thank you Christine and Mellody for the driving tips. I think I would be too nervous to drive BEFORE Mika's concert, so I will save it until after the show and when I will be heading to Liverpool to visit an old friend. Three lane roundabouts would really scare me. There is a two lane roundabout in a northern suburb of Chicago and it is a nightmare. Everyone panics and stops....then goes. We Americans are slow to embrace roundabouts....at least around Chicago.

Now, :ot: 

What is the deal with so many different outlets/ticket dealers selling tickets for one venue? Is this common in London? From this thread, people listed at least 3 or 4 of them and most of them have different blocks of tickets available. :shocked: They are not after market scalpers (like StubHub in North America) How confusing, you would have to have multiple browsers open just to see who has the best available.....or maybe it is just confusing to an outsider, like me :dunno:

As someone who delivers around London a fair bit, I wouldn't drive around it if I didn't have to. Most times for gigs, I park up where I'm staying, and take the tube to the venue.

I know many of you will be broken-hearted about this announcement, but I am going to have to skip London this time. I had to elbow bishes out of the way to get Adele tickets and then Mika was like OMG I AM GOING TO DO A GIG THE DAY AFTER INGRID GOES TO ADELE AND ONLY LIKE AN HOUR AWAY FROM HER. And I am not going to do 3 gigs in 3 days.

Stop cheering.

Stop.

I don't understand this either.  Maybe they think there is more chance of people coming across the tickets if they spread them over a number of agencies (because there is certainly no publicity for the event here). :dunno:

I'd rather have one agency looking after all the ticketing - like Christine says, it's really stressful trying to check lots of agents to find the best tickets available.