Mika @ Palladium, London, UK -- 05 June 2016

mari62

Having said all that - my tickets arrived today :biggrin2:

:)  And my tickets arrived by post today!  :thumb_yello:  Beautiful yellow and pink tics - with pattern formed like sunbeams -and I'm "staring at the sun" - so so happy... :teehee:  :fisch: 

Love,love

me

• Like 2

Some facts about The London Palladium Theatre.

The Palladium is an iconic venue in the UK!

They always had the Royal Variety Performance there (I don't know if they still do as I don't watch it now) and in the 1960s there was a televised variety show on a Sunday night which had the star acts of the day on the bill, including The Beatles.

It was (I don't know if it still is) the world's biggest theatre.

It's such a well known venue in the UK, so I'm so thrilled Mika is going to headline there. It should get him some attention.

I hope he uses an orchestra. This would be the best thing he could do and would suit the theatre so well. With such an iconic venue I doubt he'll perform his usual show. Even though his usual show is beter than anyone else's I feel in my bones he's going to do something special.

I hope the venue sells out, but not before all the lovely MFCers have got their tickets..

I'm just as excited as if I was going myself.

Yes!

Palladium is the venue where the Beatles played for the Royal Variety Performance Show in 1963.

As a Beatlemania, I'm so honored to go the Palladium.. MIKA will play on the same stage.

I will be in stalls (cheaper seat) , so I will clap my hands.

If you have a ticket in Royal Circle.. you've got to bring your jewelry! :teehee:

Ref:

The Beatles - Twist and Shout, Royal Command Performance, London Palladium,1963 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6O9Ef1PkVj4

NaoMika☆

I hope so.  Ticketmaster must be a bit slower than other companies.

This time I chose box office collection on Ticketmaster, since last time I hadn't mine dispatched, and they printed them at the moment of the collection, so I don't have to worry about if and when I will have mine  :doh:

I know many of you will be broken-hearted about this announcement, but I am going to have to skip London this time. I had to elbow bishes out of the way to get Adele tickets and then Mika was like OMG I AM GOING TO DO A GIG THE DAY AFTER INGRID GOES TO ADELE AND ONLY LIKE AN HOUR AWAY FROM HER. And I am not going to do 3 gigs in 3 days.

Stop cheering.

Stop.

:tears::crybaby: 

I'd like to plan another meet-up, but it's a bit early -- need to get through the holidays first! I'll think on it and revisit the idea sometime after the first of the year. Where is the Palladium? I need to look it up!

If you know where the shop Liberty off Oxford Street is then it's basically opposite there :biggrin2:

Yes, that's the closest tube stop, so we'll see if we can find something in that vicinity. I have an idea already, actually, a place I've been before that's nearby, but like I said, it's a bit too soon. :)

It looks like Bond Street tube stop is also close but I suspect you'd be more likely to find somewhere for a meet up around Oxford Circus. I look forward to hearing what you organise nearer the time & will come along if I can. If not hopefully I'll be able to catch up with you at the theatre again :)

I don't know if it's a viable option but there's the pub we went to for the after party after the Swatch signing? (though if i remember correctly that was booked by Mika not MFC) If there was enough people perhaps we could reserve the basement? :original: but as you said, nearer the time :biggrin2:

and my ticket arrived though now I'm paranoid I'm gonna lose it before June :teehee:

This time I chose box office collection on Ticketmaster, since last time I hadn't mine dispatched, and they printed them at the moment of the collection, so I don't have to worry about if and when I will have mine  :doh:

I wish I hadn't used Ticketmaster now. :doh: I'm planning to spend a few days in London before the show and I'm worried that the tickets will be delivered to my house while I'm in London.

I wish I hadn't used Ticketmaster now. :doh: I'm planning to spend a few days in London before the show and I'm worried that the tickets will be delivered to my house while I'm in London.

I don't understand why they don't offer a printing your ticket at home option :sad: It is so nerve wrecking to wait for  them :hug:

I hope all of you who are waiting get them very soon :group_hug:

I don't understand why they don't offer a printing your ticket at home option :sad: It is so nerve wrecking to wait for  them :hug:

I hope all of you who are waiting get them very soon :group_hug:

Ticketmaster usually has that option, but it wasn't available when I booked.  I guess that's maybe because the website was slow or something.  I received an email saying I'd get them at least five days before the gig, so fingers crossed they'll arrive on time. :crossed:

Ticketmaster usually has that option, but it wasn't available when I booked.  I guess that's maybe because the website was slow or something.  I received an email saying I'd get them at least five days before the gig, so fingers crossed they'll arrive on time. :crossed:

I wanted to use Ticketmaster because I hoped to have the e-ticket option, but this time it wasn't available ... :sneaky2:

can't you change your delivery option in collecting at the venue, if you find it less stressfull?

Yes!

Palladium is the venue where the Beatles played for the Royal Variety Performance Show in 1963.

As a Beatlemania, I'm so honored to go the Palladium.. MIKA will play on the same stage.

I will be in stalls (cheaper seat) , so I will clap my hands.

If you have a ticket in Royal Circle.. you've got to bring your jewelry! :teehee:

Ref:

The Beatles - Twist and Shout, Royal Command Performance, London Palladium,1963 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6O9Ef1PkVj4

NaoMika☆

I actually saw it on our black-and-white TV. The Beatles at The Palladium was such a big event in the UK at the time. They were awesome, and that command had us laughing our heads off in our house. 

Those in the cheap seats, clap your hands

Those in the dear seats, rattle your jewellery.

Edited by Marilyn Mastin
  • Like 2

I will keep my fingers crossed for you that they will arive on time! :crossed:

I wanted to use Ticketmaster because I hoped to have the e-ticket option, but this time it wasn't available ... :sneaky2:

can't you change your delivery option in collecting at the venue, if you find it less stressfull?

I don't know, I'll check.  Also, I just read on Ticketmaster that you have to let them know if you are travelling for the gig so that they can send your tickets early.  I may just do that.

I will keep my fingers crossed for you that they will arive on time! :crossed:

Thank you. :hug:

I don't know, I'll check.  Also, I just read on Ticketmaster that you have to let them know if you are travelling for the gig so that they can send your tickets early.  I may just do that.

Thank you. :hug:

As the gig is several months away and the tickets are already printed, I think you will get your tickets before too long.  They may have been delayed by the Christmas post

As the gig is several months away and the tickets are already printed, I think you will get your tickets before too long.  They may have been delayed by the Christmas post

Probably.  I suppose there's no rush anyway.  I'm not letting the ticket stress stop my excitement! :excite:

I'm happy for everybody who has got their tickets so far. :) And I hope the others won't have to wait too long.

• 2 weeks later...

I know this is a bit early to be thinking of this but are we going to do anything special for Mika at the concert? e.g. I think at the Adelphi Theatre it was holding up flags (I'm not too sure) and at other gigs it was Paper planes (Mika said in a interview). So do you have any original ideas for what we could do? :)  :thumb_yello:

I think it would be quite cool because the Palladium is an iconic place to perform...

I know this is a bit early to be thinking of this but are we going to do anything special for Mika at the concert? e.g. I think at the Adelphi Theatre it was holding up flags (I'm not too sure) and at other gigs it was Paper planes (Mika said in a interview). So do you have any original ideas for what we could do? :)  :thumb_yello:

I think it would be quite cool because the Palladium is an iconic place to perform...

Yes, it's too early :naughty:

I'm not going, but I have been giving it some thought. The Palladium was the place, for many years, where The Royal Variety Performance was always held ( Now it's at the Royal Albert Hall)

So my suggestion is, something on a theme of royalty. We all know who is our King, don't we? Why not do something which makes him feel like King Mika.

Someone could even make him a crown and throw in onto the stage (whoever is near enough could throw it to him)

I could volunteer to make it and send it to someone, unless someone else wants to make it (if the idea is used, of course)

It's just an idea I had. I'm sure people could embellish it with their thoughts, or think of something else entirely. It's up to all of you.

If you do use the idea, someone could design a Royal Coat of Arms for King Mika. That's something that could be held up, and other stuff on a royal theme could be included. 

Edited by Marilyn Mastin
  • Like 1

I have an idea, and it is a bit of Palladium history.

Back in it's heyday, as a variety theatre, one of it's biggest acts were the Tiller Girl dancers, 

They were pretty iconic back then, and if we made t shirts with the bodices, and wore small headdresses, nothing big, so people wouldn't have them obscuring their view, that might be fun.

• Like 1

I have an idea, and it is a bit of Palladium history.

Back in it's heyday, as a variety theatre, one of it's biggest acts were the Tiller Girl dancers, 

They were pretty iconic back then, and if we made t shirts with the bodices, and wore small headdresses, nothing big, so people wouldn't have them obscuring their view, that might be fun.

I thought you were going to suggest we did a dance, Rose :lmfao:

Edited by silver