Mika @ Palladium, London, UK -- 05 June 2016

mari62

hi is anyone else sitting on row N ?

:) Yes, I've got tics in Stalls, row N, seats 11 & 12 - I'll be there together with my sister  :thumb_yello: And I reeeally look forward to this concert... :fisch:  :wub:

Love, love

me

• Like 1

I bought the J row tickets since my parents want to come, too. The seats are on the side, but I expect that there's a great view and sound everywhere at this venue. It's going to be a great concert, and I'm excited to be going to London again! :D

yay, looking forward to see you again, it's been ages! :biggrin2: welcome back on mfc. ;)

I bought the J row tickets since my parents want to come, too. The seats are on the side, but I expect that there's a great view and sound everywhere at this venue. It's going to be a great concert, and I'm excited to be going to London again! :D

Great news! :thumb_yello: Looking forward to meeting you again! 

I doubt it myself. I'm resigned to never seeing him live again. Because, on the rare times he plays UK it's in London and it's the weekend when it's impossible to get easily from Manchester to London.

So my days of seeing Mika live are over,

Marilyn - don't ever loose your hope to see MIKA live again!!  :hug: Before we know it, he might focus more on the UK! :wink2:  :wub: At least I hope it will happen - because of the BBC News reports from the refugees camps in Lebanon, and the fab. radioshow 1.1.16! :fisch:  :wub:    

Love, love

me

Marilyn - don't ever loose your hope to see MIKA live again!!  :hug: Before we know it, he might focus more on the UK! :wink2:  :wub: At least I hope it will happen - because of the BBC News reports from the refugees camps in Lebanon, and the fab. radioshow 1.1.16! :fisch:  :wub:    

Love, love

me

Yes, I'm really proud of Mika for what he's done in Lebanon and I loved the radio show. It should all gain him respect in the UK. But like I said on another thread, Mika should realise that in order for his albums to sell in the UK, he needs to be more visible here. If only he would do a TV show in the UK, instead of only concentrating on Italy and France, I see no reason why he couldn't be famous here again. He also needs to do more gigs here, like he did when he first started out. I could get to a gig nearer home, or at least, not at the weekend in London. I'm happy he's doing The Palladium. I wish there were more UK dates though. There are loads in Italy and France. 

• Like 3

Yes, I'm really proud of Mika for what he's done in Lebanon and I loved the radio show. It should all gain him respect in the UK. But like I said on another thread, Mika should realise that in order for his albums to sell in the UK, he needs to be more visible here. If only he would do a TV show in the UK, instead of only concentrating on Italy and France, I see no reason why he couldn't be famous here again. He also needs to do more gigs here, like he did when he first started out. I could get to a gig nearer home, or at least, not at the weekend in London. I'm happy he's doing The Palladium. I wish there were more UK dates though. There are loads in Italy and France. 

Yes, I know how you feel about MIKA  using his skill and energy,  mostly in Italy and France, but as said countless times before,  I think he has his reasons for doing it  :wink2: And things can change, in the right direction for the UK - something I feel it will - he's on the right track now!  :)  :fisch:

Love, love

me

• 2 weeks later...

Hotel & flight booked - for the London Palladium event!   :thumb_yello: Can't wait to see you all - some of you for the 2nd time :hug:  many of you for the 1st time :)  - and "my golden MIKA" for the 7th time :wub:  

Seven is always my lucky no.  :wink2:  

Love, love

me 

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know if anyone has ever been to the Palladium before, but there seems to be a sign round the back, where I assume the trucks unload, saying that there is no autographing allowed in that area. So unless there is a door at the front which acts as a stage door, not looking good for signings, or even a chat with Mika, afterwards.  :(

The street where the entrance is, looks like it might be pedestrianised to general traffic, but I get the feeling this will be like the Adelphi all over again, too many people crowding, and Mika just leaving without talking to anyone again.

I don't know if anyone has ever been to the Palladium before, but there seems to be a sign round the back, where I assume the trucks unload, saying that there is no autographing allowed in that area. So unless there is a door at the front which acts as a stage door, not looking good for signings, or even a chat with Mika, afterwards. :(

The street where the entrance is, looks like it might be pedestrianised to general traffic, but I get the feeling this will be like the Adelphi all over again, too many people crowding, and Mika just leaving without talking to anyone again.

I guess given recent history of gigs.... Or lack of... In the UK.... We should be grateful that he is at least throwing us these small gestures of Sunday night gigs in the theatres.... Which seem to suit him and are of course, a lot better than nothing. However, the downside would seen to be that there is no chance of seeing Mika afterwards. This could of course be avoided by Mika or his team arranging a short meeting inside for a pre arranged group. This really shouldn't be too difficult but rarely happens. :( Edited by kath
  • Like 1

I don't know if anyone has ever been to the Palladium before, but there seems to be a sign round the back, where I assume the trucks unload, saying that there is no autographing allowed in that area. So unless there is a door at the front which acts as a stage door, not looking good for signings, or even a chat with Mika, afterwards.  :(

I guess given recent history of gigs.... Or lack of... In the UK.... We should be grateful that he is at least throwing us these small gestures of Sunday night gigs in the theatres.... Which seem to suit him and are of course, a lot better than nothing. However, the downside would seen to be that there is no chance of seeing Mika afterwards. This could of course be avoided by Mika or his team arranging a short meeting inside for a pre arranged group. This really shouldn't be too difficult but rarely happens. :(

I noticed that as well, when I Googled the theatre. :(   Do any of you think it is possible that we could organise a Meet & Greet afterwards?  I heard that there are plans to give Mika the latest yearbook after the show, so this might be a potential way we could do that.

• Like 1

I noticed that as well, when I Googled the theatre. :(   Do any of you think it is possible that we could organise a Meet & Greet afterwards?  I heard that there are plans to give Mika the latest yearbook after the show, so this might be a potential way we could do that.

I hope there would be, but so many people are coming form afar for this show, finding somewhere on a Sunday that is close and open after the show, that can accommodate everyone, is going to be tricky to find.

I hope there would be, but so many people are coming form afar for this show, finding somewhere on a Sunday that is close and open after the show, that can accommodate everyone, is going to be tricky to find.

That's true. :( Would be great though if we could organise it somehow.  I'd love to finally meet up with fellow MFCers...and Mika himself, of course. :wub:

But I have no clue about the organisation of an M&G because I've never been to one before.

That's true. :( Would be great though if we could organise it somehow.  I'd love to finally meet up with fellow MFCers...and Mika himself, of course. :wub:

But I have no clue about the organisation of an M&G because I've never been to one before.

We will probably have a meet-up of MFCers before the show (as we did before the Adelphi show).  But I suspect there will be just too many people for any hope of a M&G afterwards :sad:

• Like 1

Palladium is near Covent Garden and right outside are some cafes and bars, does that help for organising a M&G? Overall a much better location than Adelphi

For a pre gig M&G for the fans, yes, afterwards not so much. Most places close about 11pm on Sundays.

Found some restaurants nearby that are open late.  Some open late on Sundays:

http://www.yelp.co.uk/search?find_desc=late+night+restaurants&find_loc=Covent+Garden%2C+London

Don't know if this helps.

Found some restaurants nearby that are open late.  Some open late on Sundays:

http://www.yelp.co.uk/search?find_desc=late+night+restaurants&find_loc=Covent+Garden%2C+London

Don't know if this helps.

For an aftershow M&G with Mika, like we did at the Swatch signing, it would have to be a bar, restaurants aren't really equipped for it. I am guessing we just aren't going to get one, unless they can organise barriers on the street outside the entrance, which I seriously doubt the police will allow.

I guess given recent history of gigs.... Or lack of... In the UK.... We should be grateful that he is at least throwing us these small gestures of Sunday night gigs in the theatres.... Which seem to suit him and are of course, a lot better than nothing. However, the downside would seen to be that there is no chance of seeing Mika afterwards. This could of course be avoided by Mika or his team arranging a short meeting inside for a pre arranged group. This really shouldn't be too difficult but rarely happens. :(

Well, given that it's still 3+ months away, I think it's a bit premature to say that it's not going to happen. :naughty:

That's not exactly how it works. "We" don't organize the meet & greet. We can ask Mika's team if they think a meet & greet will be possible, and THEY organize it if it is. But of course it depends on so many variables -- starting with Mika. Does he feel well enough? Does his schedule allow it? And then, of course, will the venue allow it? Is there a suitable spot to accommodate it?  :dunno:  It's really not up to us at all, we're at the mercy of too many other people and things. :sad:

We will probably have a meet-up of MFCers before the show (as we did before the Adelphi show).  But I suspect there will be just too many people for any hope of a M&G afterwards :sad:

Yes, I'm actually already looking into figuring out something for us beforehand, as I said I would some weeks ago. It's a shame Smollensky's isn't closer, as it was such an ideal spot in October. But hopefully we'll find something equally convenient and accommodating. :thumb_yello:

For an aftershow M&G with Mika, like we did at the Swatch signing, it would have to be a bar, restaurants aren't really equipped for it. I am guessing we just aren't going to get one, unless they can organise barriers on the street outside the entrance, which I seriously doubt the police will allow.

I'm pretty sure that we won't be able to do anything like that on the street. And I'm not sure Mika will feel compelled to throw a party for 100 of us after this show, though obviously it would be nice.

But Mika's team already knows that we'd like to have an MFC meet & greet in London this time, especially since we didn't get one in October, and we've been talking about if/when/how we might coordinate it.

So don't despair... it MIGHT happen. No guarantees of course, but it just might. :pray:

• Like 7

Well, given that it's still 3+ months away, I think it's a bit premature to say that it's not going to happen. :naughty:

That's not exactly how it works. "We" don't organize the meet & greet. We can ask Mika's team if they think a meet & greet will be possible, and THEY organize it if it is. But of course it depends on so many variables -- starting with Mika. Does he feel well enough? Does his schedule allow it? And then, of course, will the venue allow it? Is there a suitable spot to accommodate it?  :dunno:  It's really not up to us at all, we're at the mercy of too many other people and things. :sad:

Yes, I'm actually already looking into figuring out something for us beforehand, as I said I would some weeks ago. It's a shame Smollensky's isn't closer, as it was such an ideal spot in October. But hopefully we'll find something equally convenient and accommodating. :thumb_yello:

I'm pretty sure that we won't be able to do anything like that on the street. And I'm not sure Mika will feel compelled to throw a party for 100 of us after this show, though obviously it would be nice.

But Mika's team already knows that we'd like to have an MFC meet & greet in London this time, especially since we didn't get one in October, and we've been talking about if/when/how we might coordinate it.

So don't despair... it MIGHT happen. No guarantees of course, but it just might. :pray:

Thank you Deb :huglove: Good luck everyone who's going and enjoy getting together and a great show with Mika :group_hug: I didn't get to see him after Rennes , but his two hours show was so wonderful that I was already in heaven :swoon:

Ah right, that's understandable of course.  Must be quite difficult to organize. :unsure:

• Like 1

I know Deb.

I'm just being realistic! :teehee:

No, seriously, obviously I know that you will be trying your hardest and I know how difficult it is.

Good luck. :huglove:

Will be streamed live to China!

Korean fans attending should advise on "fan action"  :wink2:

:thumb_yello: Yes, I read it in the Asian press thread - amazing!!  :teehee:   Look forward to meet you in London... :wink2:

Love, love

me

• Like 1