Mikasounds, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram Updates - 2016

Lucrezia

I think it'll probably be for the book, he's said he only ever writes songs at his piano  :)

Yes, you're probably right :) Or maybe it's about his experiences in Lebanon lately - time will show, we'll hopefully get to know it soon...

Love, love

me 

• Like 1

I do hope he's writing for the book, I'm so curious about it and it's long overdue anyway. Time to finally release it, Mika!

It's only for Italy though, isn't it? If there isn't an English version I'm not buying it. I'll buy it if there is an English version.

• Like 2

It's only for Italy though, isn't it? If there isn't an English version I'm not buying it. I'll buy it if there is an English version.

As far as I know, the publishing house is Italian, so we're gonna get an Italian version for sure, but I think he's writing it in English and therefore there might even be and English version in the future. Of course it makes no sense to buy a book you can't even read... I hope you all will get an English version and I honestly would love to read that too

• Like 2

:) I think it's  quite unrealistic to release a biografic book just in the Italien language - so untill the opposite is proved, I count on an English version as well... :wink2:

Love, love

me

• Like 1

Same, I'm really curious to learn about his life and how he started out as a singer.  It would be a bit unfair if it was only released in Italian and no other language. :(

The thing is, it's not a matter of being fair or unfair, it's a matter of money as usual. As I said, Rizzoli is an Italian publishing house that invested in this book because they thought they could earn something by publishing it. Of course the target is the Italian fandom and therefore it's gonna be in Italian. I don't see why an Italian publishing house would release a book in English when it's aimed at Italians, unless they can or plan to sell it abroad as well. If that's not the case, then another publishing house has to be interested enough to buy the copyrights and publish the book in a different language and by "interested" I mean of course that they think they can make some profits. Now, Mika in Italy is huge at the moment and with this book they're just taking advantage of his fame here, I don't know how good an English version could sell. I don't know very well how these things work, but as I said, having the original written in English gives me some hope that it might be eventually published. But, again, this is marketing, it has nothing to do with fairness. An Italian publisher proposed him to write a book and he just seized an opportunity

• Like 3

The thing is, it's not a matter of being fair or unfair, it's a matter of money as usual. As I said, Rizzoli is an Italian publishing house that invested in this book because they thought they could earn something by publishing it. Of course the target is the Italian fandom and therefore it's gonna be in Italian. I don't see why an Italian publishing house would release a book in English when it's aimed at Italians, unless they can or plan to sell it abroad as well. If that's not the case, then another publishing house has to be interested enough to buy the copyrights and publish the book in a different language and by "interested" I mean of course that they think they can make some profits. Now, Mika in Italy is huge at the moment and with this book they're just taking advantage of his fame here, I don't know how good an English version could sell. I don't know very well how these things work, but as I said, having the original written in English gives me some hope that it might be eventually published. But, again, this is marketing, it has nothing to do with fairness. An Italian publisher proposed him to write a book and he just seized an opportunity

Urgh money is always a problem. :(

I can see your point about the marketing, and that his book is likely to sell really well in Italy, which is great for Italian fans.  But I'm surprised that he isn't releasing the book in French as well, as he is also really popular there.

And I'm sure an English version could sell extremely well if it was marketed properly. :)

• Like 2

Urgh money is always a problem. :(

I can see your point about the marketing, and that his book is likely to sell really well in Italy, which is great for Italian fans.  But I'm surprised that he isn't releasing the book in French as well, as he is also really popular there.

And I'm sure an English version could sell extremely well if it was marketed properly. :)

The way I see it, if there's gonna be a French version, it's gonna happen after the release of the Italian one. I remember during Le Divan the host read some lines Mika wrote about his mother, I don't know if this means there's gonna be a French version for sure, but it can be likely since he's big there as well. But, again, I know nothing about these things and I'm only trying to guess

• Like 1

We've missed a few tweets

MIKA official@mikasounds

Il mio video per 'Hurts', insieme ai protagonisti del film di #UnBacio, domani su @Vevo tinyurl.com/hrdedej #Hurts#LAmiciziaTiSalva

My video for ' Hurts ', together with the protagonists of the film of #UnBacio tomorrow on @Vevo tinyurl.com/hrdedej#Hurts # LAmiciziaTiSalva

MIKA official @mikasounds

@Kosmos936fm yesterday 2/2/2016 you played the most amazing African/Arabic song at 17:55 Greece time. Pls pls could you tell me what it was?

• Like 2

Altri 5 concerti annunciati in Italia a luglio! Pistoia, Genova, Trieste, Chieti & Roma. Tutte le info qui: on.fb.me/1W5Gi0R

5 more dates in Italy in July! Pistoia, Genova, Trieste, Chieti & Roma. Full info: on.fb.me/1NZsRJV

These are festivals too?

Really? 5 more shows (or festivals) in Italy? :(

I mean, that's nice for the Italian fans offcourse! But I wish he would come to more other countries, so more fans are able to see him.

Agreed. :mf_rosetinted:

Most definitely agree.

My thoughts exactly. 

• Like 1

Really? 5 more shows (or festivals) in Italy? :(

I mean, that's nice for the Italian fans offcourse! But I wish he would come to more other countries, so more fans are able to see him.

Agreed. :mf_rosetinted:

Most definitely agree.

:yeah: I miss him a lot...

• Like 1