Say Something Random pt. 29 ~ Because why not

Just got home from work, looking forward to a tasty hot coconut, chilli and turmeric soup to help shift this virus. Only 4 mins in the microwave. *Ding* Took it out... stone cold. :blink: Tried again just in case I'd put it on a daft setting... Nope. I thought I heard it make a strange noise last time I used it. That'll be why then, it's busted! :doh:

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, Hero said:

🤣🤣🤣 No need to ask what you're hoping for in your stocking from Santa this year. 🤭

Obviously one of these fluffy bunnies...

ed86f4d2-52ab-4f94-8698-7a5318682d96.thumb.jpg.8aee9ea6bf51aae7c3d9b0e6ba20f882.jpg

(but I hope it comes with extra batteries :teehee:)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hero said:

Just got home from work, looking forward to a tasty hot coconut, chilli and turmeric soup to help shift this virus. Only 4 mins in the microwave. *Ding* Took it out... stone cold. :blink: Tried again just in case I'd put it on a daft setting... Nope. I thought I heard it make a strange noise last time I used it. That'll be why then, it's busted! :doh:

Noooo not the microwave! Cold soup until you get a new one? 😁

Seriously though, I hope you find a decent one and you feel better soon!

• Thanks 1

Don't know if we'll have a more general Christmas thread this year but I have to share this somewhere and also tag @mellody because I think your son will love this! 😁

Definitely up there as one of my favourite John Lewis Christmas ads!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Don't know if we'll have a more general Christmas thread this year but I have to share this somewhere and also tag @mellody because I think your son will love this! 😁

Definitely up there as one of my favourite John Lewis Christmas ads!

Haha, yes I'm sure he'll love it!! :lol3: That plant would be his dream. :naughty: I like the ad too, really makes you feel sorry for the poor plant. 😅

• Like 1

BTW….you know how I recently posted on  this thread about the psychic experiences I always have where I think of some obscure thing about in a minute it appears somewhere? And how it has been happening a lot since I discovered Mika? So about five days ago I got it in my head to watch the amazing Ellen Green sing Suddenly Seymour from the movie Little Shop of Horrors….which, for those of you that do not know is about a venus flytrap. :fisch:

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, QueenBigFat said:

BTW….you know how I recently posted on  this thread about the psychic experiences I always have where I think of some obscure thing about in a minute it appears somewhere? And how it has been happening a lot since I discovered Mika? So about five days ago I got it in my head to watch the amazing Ellen Green sing Suddenly Seymour from the movie Little Shop of Horrors….which, for those of you that do not know is about a venus flytrap. :fisch:

Feed me Seymour :wink2:

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, QueenBigFat said:

You Europeans are weird.:yikes::yay::lol3:

You're telling me the US doesn't have weird and wacky ads?... Yeah right! :lmfao: 

*gestures to the Super Bowl* Yeah those extra long ads are weird to me!

(at yet I always end up watching them online at some point 😅).

Anyway, with Thanksgiving coming up I've recently discovered that some Americans make a marshmallow and sweet potato casserole, that's one unusual food combination for sure!

1 hour ago, QueenBigFat said:

Every year in the US, Time Magazine selects the “sexiest man alive.”

Needless to say, this year they got it wrong. Again.:D

So who did they choose?

18 minutes ago, QueenBigFat said:

Well, they chose Notmika.

oh, you mean really? Patrick Dempsey.

Actually, he is quite handsome. Gray hair and all that.

Wife says he's sexy.

What does she know? She doesn't like Mika!

Dr McDreamy?  He's not bad.

25 minutes ago, QueenBigFat said:

Patrick Dempsey.

Had to google who that is tbh.

One of the first random facts wikipedia threw at me is that he's dyslexic soo we found at least one similarity.

I much prefer our guy though :D

Edited by CharlotteL
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, CharlotteL said:

Why did this make me cry?!

John Lewis christmas ads always get to me, in the weirdest way possible :crybaby:

I usually don't like Christmas ads, I merely tolerate them... but this one sort of got me emotional, maybe because I love my house plants too much! 😅

(and I name them too, the venus fly trap in the ad is called Snapper btw!)

John Lewis have said the message behind it is to embrace new traditions and that you don't have to stick to the same thing every year. However, I also see it as a way of showing kindness to someone that's different to you and embracing those differences!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Hero said:

:shocked: :puking:

I know right? I like both ingredients but I'm not too sure about having them together :no:

This is what one looks like, but hard to say what it tastes like just from a picture!

Sweet-Potato-Casserole-SQUARE-2.thumb.jpg.624a2baca8237e9dd491aaa02cae768a.jpg

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

maybe because I love my house plants too much! 😅

Omg I've recently become an obsessive plant mum too!! And mine all have names as well. I'll get back to you on that to exchange some pics and tips (sadly we're too far away to exchange cuttings).

Yeah I like that slogan of the ad of letting your traditions grow. And incorporating things that you maybe didn't think would fit. After my time in Ireland, I introduced my traditionally German family to Christmas crackers and they were a big hit (much more than the mince pies). I cherish those photos of my grandma looking delighted while wearing a paper crown!

• Like 3

Just now, QueenBigFat said:

You know about Elvis' peanut butter and banana sandwiches, right? Also good with marshmallow fluff. 

I like peanut butter and banana sandwiches - but Elvis added things like bacon and maple syrup 

1 hour ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

You're telling me the US doesn't have weird and wacky ads?... Yeah right! :lmfao: 

*gestures to the Super Bowl* Yeah those extra long ads are weird to me!

(at yet I always end up watching them online at some point 😅).

Anyway, with Thanksgiving coming up I've recently discovered that some Americans make a marshmallow and sweet potato casserole, that's one unusual food combination for sure!

well, if you have not seen the Budweiser ad series—there are about a dozen—-you really must.

OTOH, the WINNER FOR Most Obnoxious Ad on TV right now is this one: