POLL: PRE-LONDON Show Get-Together - 10 November 2019

dcdeb

PRE-LONDON Show Get-Together 10th November 2019  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Since there are so many MFCers coming to London, we'd like to do an MFC Get-Together of some sort. Would you be interested?

• Yes, I'd like to attend an MFC party in London.
    • No, I'm not interested in an MFC party.

2 hours ago, tgwktm said:

Can I ask, would this be likely to be a big meet up? Never been to mfc meet up before and I won't really know anyone so a bit hesitant about coming 

If we are able to arrange it, probably about 40 people, but it will all be very friendly, so don't worry.  It's nice to put faces to names :naughty:

The first time I went to an event, I didn't really know anyone either, but it was fun and I was glad I went.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

And I have a question. One fan from Czech Republic will come with me for the gig. But she is not MFCer. Can I bring her with me? Will it be a problem? 

Well, I hope she would like to come.

She could always join MFC - then there would be no problem :naughty:

• Like 1

OK, so it's looking like 50 or so of you would like to have a get-together of some sort... and it also looks like the night before makes more sense, since we'll have to be queuing the day of the show...

So... I'll start looking around at places in London -- I'm assuming that people will be staying all over the city, not just in the Shepherd's Bush area?

I'll keep you all posted!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Hello all! I've been making some inquiries about this party, and I'm trying to get a better handle on just how many will come. If you haven't indicated your intention, please do so now, thanks!

One place I am looking at may charge about £20/person -- does that change your mind? That would include food, drinks would be extra, but we would be there at Happy Hour with 2-for-the-price-of-1 drink specials.

If that's more than you would like to spend, what would your budget limit be?

Thanks.

• Like 3

• dcdeb pinned this topic
10 hours ago, dcdeb said:

Hello all! I've been making some inquiries about this party, and I'm trying to get a better handle on just how many will come. If you haven't indicated your intention, please do so now, thanks!

One place I am looking at may charge about £20/person -- does that change your mind? That would include food, drinks would be extra, but we would be there at Happy Hour with 2-for-the-price-of-1 drink specials.

If that's more than you would like to spend, what would your budget limit be?

Thanks.

Do you mean 20£ with NO drinks at all, not even water? Or just with no alcohol/soft drinks? 

In the first case I would say it’s a bit expensive because it would mean like at least something like 23£ with just water? 🤔 I think I would join anyway but something cheaper would be better 

Edited by maggie112
  • Like 1

Hi MFCers, 

I have just decided 2 days ago to go to that gig in London and I have aleeady booked my hotel. So I am supposed to arrive on the sunday noon because I hadn’t noticed that topic...

I can change my trip and book an extra night on saturday but I should need to know the exact date of  the party first,  please 😉

I almost came to a MFC anniversary party in London a few years ago but hubby got so angry that I had changed my mind 🙄 and decided not to come 🤷🏼‍♀️

This time I wish I could come and meet you, all 😉

I don’t write a lot but I know many of you 😉

4 minutes ago, Sweetieval said:

Hi MFCers, 

I have just decided 2 days ago to go to that gig in London and I have aleeady booked my hotel. So I am supposed to arrive on the sunday noon because I hadn’t noticed that topic...

I can change my trip and book an extra night on saturday but I should need to know the exact date of  the party first,  please 😉

I almost came to a MFC anniversary party in London a few years ago but hubby got so angry that I had changed my mind 🙄 and decided not to come 🤷🏼‍♀️

We haven't definitely sorted anything out but the party would be Saturday evening (because some people might want to queue on Sunday).

23 hours ago, silver said:

I think £20 for just food is a bit high, personally. 

Maybe I am just stingy :teehee:

I'd be OK with £10

15 hours ago, maggie112 said:

Do you mean 20£ with NO drinks at all, not even water? Or just with no alcohol/soft drinks? 

In the first case I would say it’s a bit expensive because it would mean like at least something like 23£ with just water? 🤔 I think I would join anyway but something cheaper would be better 

10 hours ago, Treasa said:

I presume £20 is not just the food but also to include the hire of a space/room?

The £20 would include the shared trays of appetizers and the exclusive use of the room from 5 to 8 p.m. I'm sure that water would be free of charge, but alcoholic drinks would cost extra. As I said, they have 2-for-1 drink specials, but still... We could of course stay longer, but they would open up the room to the public after 8 p.m.

I tend to think £20 is a bit too expensive, so I'm still calling around.

1 minute ago, Sweetieval said:

Hi MFCers, 

The party will be the night before the gig, Saturday, November 9th. Because it is a standing gig, everyone will want to queue, which is why we're not having it the day of the show.

@kath I'm sorry to hear that you won't be coming until Sunday. :(  I'd invite you to come early and stay with me at my hotel, but it looks like my husband is coming to London with me. Not to the Mika gig -- heaven forbid! -- but to London, so that we can have a short holiday.

On 9/26/2019 at 11:22 PM, silver said:

We haven't definitely sorted anything out but the party would be Saturday evening (because some people might want to queue on Sunday).

Thanks @silver 👍🏻

Well, I have tried to change my plans to arrive on Saturday but the Eurostar is fully booked on Saturday afternoon or evening and I have to go to work on Saturday morning... It is going to be hard to be there on Saturday,,, 🤷🏼‍♀️

And my husband will ask me to divorce 🤣🤣🤣

Anyway, I hope I will be able to say a little hello to you sometimes, there 😉

@dcdeb thanks for information 👍🏻 

I think I won’t be able to change my plans to arrive on Saturday because I was thinking I could have come there by ferry and by car 🤔

However : going there by car, driving on the left  + saturday + London + end of afternoon is synonym of nightmare to me 🙄  

Especially  that I wake up at 4 am to go to work and need to kiss my children before I go to England for 3 days ... 

So it sounds likely impossible for me to join you MFCers on Saturday 🤷🏼‍♀️

I wished  I could 😉 but let’s stay wise 😇

I wish I would meet you and give you a hug @dcdeb 😉 because I read you since 2009 😁 and you come to my continent 😉

And I wish I will be able to meet all MFCers I have read here 😉 whenever...in the queue before the gig, after the gig 🤷🏼‍♀️

I am staying at an hotel not far so... I have plenty of time, after and even on the 11th 😉

Are there some people staying on the 11th as well ???

I hope I will manage to come and dare talking to MFCers because, although I have been a member for 2009, I don’t post often on MFC.

Being busy with my full time job and 3 children, I have a lot to do at home and can’t stay a lot on MFC

And the only gig I went in England was Brighton in 2010, I have tried to interact with MFCers but the welcoming was quite cold 🥶 and, as I was with another french girl (non fan, a colleague of mine), I have stayed with her instead 🤷🏼‍♀️

I knew the people from the pictures I had seen here but they would not talk on that day 🤔🤭😁

So I am not normally shy do not hesitate to come to meet me and have a little chat, my english is not wonderful but the most important is to try 😁

Sorry for multiple colors in that message I am editing the message from my phone and can’t change it 🤷🏼‍♀️😂

I was missing Mika’s gigs but not that queues - you meet good people there and interact with fans but I have been vaccinated since Compiegne in 2010 and a very bad experience where hundred of people entered before us and, with my friend Macboll, we have said ‘we stop that silly queuing in the morning’

The last Bercy gig (2016 or 15 ? Can.t remember 🤔) we arrived there  at 12h or 12h30, there are at least 17000 places and we got front row because the stage was huge 🤷🏼‍♀️

So, for a 2000 people venue like London, there is no need to be there that early. 😄

I am nearly 46 years old and, personnaly, I don’t mind if Mika does not see me or recognize me front row. He can’t see properly anyway, it is dark there or he has got lights in his face 😁 

I prefer to be in the middle of the crowd and shout from time to time (and make him laugh), I am tall so this is helpful 👍🏻 

But I understand people want to be front row 😉

I had the chance to talk with Mika several times, there is only one thing missing in my Mika’collection : a picture, just him and me 😉 so I hope  I will get that chance one day 😁 Anyway, I keep on trying 😉

Edited by Sweetieval
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, lemmytoes said:

hey everyone! is this still happening? and if so, is it too late to sign up? x

We're still hoping to meet up, yes.  Watch the thread for updates.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi all!
Not right on topic but I've been looking for tickets for the London gig for weeks :(
If anyone hears of anyone who can't attend would you all let me know? 

Thank you!!!
Sandra 

• Like 1

I'd love to meet up with you guys, but I wasn't planning to come up till Sunday 10th and being dozy, I've only just found this!!

Haven't booked my train yet and not sure how my family/friends who are going to the gig with me will feel if I go up ahead of them 🤔

But if I can come and you still have space for me to join in, I think £20 would be ok.

How early will fans start queuing on Sunday!? 😲😕 

Vx

Hope you can make it, Vicki.

As far as queuing goes, I guess some people will start quite early.  However, this is an O2 venue so there may be a priority queue for O2 users anyway.

22 hours ago, silver said:

Hope you can make it, Vicki.

As far as queuing goes, I guess some people will start quite early.  However, this is an O2 venue so there may be a priority queue for O2 users anyway.

I heard from another fan that they asked and there should NOT be a priority queue 

of course, can’t be 100% sure 

On 26 September 2019 at 10:23 PM, dcdeb said:

The £20 would include the shared trays of appetizers and the exclusive use of the room from 5 to 8 p.m. I'm sure that water would be free of charge, but alcoholic drinks would cost extra. As I said, they have 2-for-1 drink specials, but still... We could of course stay longer, but they would open up the room to the public after 8 p.m.

I tend to think £20 is a bit too expensive, so I'm still calling around.

The party will be the night before the gig, Saturday, November 9th. Because it is a standing gig, everyone will want to queue, which is why we're not having it the day of the show.

@kath I'm sorry to hear that you won't be coming until Sunday. :(  I'd invite you to come early and stay with me at my hotel, but it looks like my husband is coming to London with me. Not to the Mika gig -- heaven forbid! -- but to London, so that we can have a short holiday.

Thanks Deb :) .But these days most of my decisions are based on spending as little time out of the home as possible because we foster and I never know exactly what our position is going to be. Looking forward to seeing everyone though :) 

• Like 1