Mika in Italian Press 2020

mari62

47 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

It doesn't look like the website ships internationally 🙁

Little strange that Mika would design a tissue box but want one!

Maybe they will sell this ones in more countries, I don't know if they are made exclusively for Italy... we'll see

• Like 1

1 hour ago, krysady said:

Maybe they will sell this ones in more countries

Hopefully! :crossed: Tempo sometimes has really nice designs for their packages, the last one I bought actually was quite Mika-ish, very colourful and joyous. :biggrin2: Actually more joyous than Mika's own design, he's using pretty dark colours, and partly also dark motifs... Found this pic on Twitter:

IMG_20200710_120115.jpg

So I see volcanos with animal skulls, space (with a rocket behind the brand name?), a thunderstorm, a jungle and an ocean. And the other one might just be patterns, anyway I don't recognize anything in it, from that pic. :dunno: Reminds me of the Kukulakuku design.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, krysady said:

It reminds me of the Kukulakuku design somehow...

SUOZ171_sa040_nvr.jpg

I think altogether it's a mix of lots of his previous designs. The watches, the cover art from some of the songs (the wave definitely reminds me of the Underwater artwork), the pilot pens (cloud & lightning), and also the drawing that was published in the Greek newspaper (volcanos).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mellody said:

Here they are, with animations: :wub2:

It looks like Tempo made an anti-homophobe video where they make connection between anti-conronavirus gestures and anti-homophobic gestures.

I find it very smart and funny.

Translation from Italian:

1. Do not" wash your hands", if you have seen homophobic acts.
2. In the future, don't avoid gatherings of LGBT people. These are the best vacations.
3. Keep at least a meter and a half away from those who say "Everyone can do what they want but at home".
4. Cover your mouth with a handkerchief or elbow instead of insulting a person which is different from you.
5. If you think being gay is a disease, isolate yourself until you are completely healed.

Edited by Anna Ko Kolkowska
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Translation from Italian:

1. Do not" wash your hands", if you have seen homophobic acts.
2. In the future, don't avoid gatherings of LGBT people. These are the best vacations.
3. Keep at least a meter and a half away from those who say "Everyone can do what they want but at home".
4. Cover your mouth with a handkerchief or elbow instead of insulting a person which is different from you.
5. If you think being gay is a disease, isolate yourself until you are completely healed

Absolutely love this! Brilliant idea :D

• Like 1

Just wondering, how well is this brand known in Italy and other countries? It was originally a German brand, and in Germany "Tempo" is a synonym for tissue. It has a big market share here, and they've been doing these design editions for quite a while now. I never saw one with a celeb's name so far, but I always prefer buying these to the normal packages. 

• Like 3

I love how every design on the packages is related to nature! Still have to choose my favourite tho :teehee: the one with the missiles immediately caught my attention, but the colors on the packages with the volcanoes and the suns are so warm and bright. Will have to decide once they're out! 

2 minutes ago, mellody said:

Just wondering, how well is this brand known in Italy and other countries? It was originally a German brand, and in Germany "Tempo" is a synonym for tissue. It has a big market share here, and they've been doing these design editions for quite a while now. I never saw one with a celeb's name so far, but I always prefer buying these to the normal packages. 

It's very well known in Italy, you can find it everywhere! I have allergies, so I'm a faithful buyer :naughty: and I love when they sell limited edition packages, all colored and nice to see. But I haven't seen collabs with celebrities either, it's really nice Mika got this opportunity! 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, sara09 said:

Still have to choose my favourite tho :teehee: 

I think I love the earth one most, it doesn't appear as dangerous as some of the others, but it's just a lovely garden with insects flying through the air, I find it quite calming. Maybe because earth is "my" element, as a Taurus. :teehee: I also like the one with the suns though, it radiates warmth.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sara09 said:

It's very well known in Italy, you can find it everywhere! I have allergies, so I'm a faithful buyer :naughty: and I love when they sell limited edition packages, all colored and nice to see. But I haven't seen collabs with celebrities either, it's really nice Mika got this opportunity!

Well, I found that Mika is not the first to creaet this limited edition.

It looks pretty popular (in Italy?)  to ask artists and celebrities to desing tissu packages.

Some examples:

Here is Olimpia Zagnoli - Italian illustrator

https://www.vogue.it/news/article/tempo-limited-edition-moodoftheday-olimpia-zagnoli

image.thumb.png.f4c08920ebf0b77e5945dad2ca544603.png

Here is Antonio Capitani - Italian writer

https://www.vanityfair.it/benessere/what-women-want/2018/07/24/fazzoletti-tempo-oroscopo-antonio-capitani

image.thumb.png.c7aa2b39e9726656000711be8635f669.png

By Andrea Pinna - Italian influencer

image.thumb.png.bfee6745ae097dcbd78662b530f302a2.png

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Well, I found that Mika is not the first to creaet this limited edition.

It looks pretty popular (in Italy?)  to ask artists and celebrities to desing tissu packages.

Some examples:

Here is Olimpia Zagnoli - Italian illustrator

https://www.vogue.it/news/article/tempo-limited-edition-moodoftheday-olimpia-zagnoli

image.thumb.png.f4c08920ebf0b77e5945dad2ca544603.png

Here is Antonio Capitani - Italian writer

https://www.vanityfair.it/benessere/what-women-want/2018/07/24/fazzoletti-tempo-oroscopo-antonio-capitani

By Andrea Pinna - Italian influencer

image.thumb.png.bfee6745ae097dcbd78662b530f302a2.png

These are exactly the limited editions I was talking about! They had collabs with many people, but I guess he’s the first international artist doing that, and people know very well who he is, so the product will attract visibility. And the ones who don’t know about his illustrations might be surprised! :)

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, mellody said:

It is also well known in Spain. It can be found in many supermarkets. In fact I have bought some times but I doubt that this edition of Mika will be sold in Spain but surely it will be in France and of course in italy. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mellody said:

Just wondering, how well is this brand known in Italy and other countries?

We can find these everywhere here in the supermarkets, it's the most popular brand of tissues. I've seen them also in many countries and the cheapest ones were in Switzerland :teehee:

1 hour ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

I have these ones but had no idea they are limited edition :thumb_yello:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Mikasister said:

It is also well known in Spain. It can be found in many supermarkets. In fact I have bought some times but I doubt that this edition of Mika will be sold in Spain but surely it will be in France and of course in italy. 

Non Alba, apparently you won't find any in France !

• Like 1

On 7/10/2020 at 2:42 PM, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

It looks like Tempo made an anti-homophobe video where they make connection between anti-conronavirus gestures and anti-homophobic gestures.

I find it very smart and funny.

Is it ok to share this post in the LGBTQ+ Younglings thread?

An interview about Xfactor, so we're talking about it on the XF thread... but thought I'd mention it here as well, as it's an Italian radio interview with Mika.

On 7/14/2020 at 3:40 PM, Kumazzz said:

• Like 1