Mika Returns to X Factor Italia in 2020

11 minutes ago, krysady said:

Isn't that because of the autotune? Because I wonder if the result would be the same if he'd use his real voice..

I think he uses the autotune as an instrument,an  as addition to his voice. And I like this effect so "cosmic"...

But with each song you can hear it less and less. On Live 3 it was pretty heard. Mika doesn't want him to use the autotune. And imo Vergo is learning that his real voice is beautiful. He gets more and more aware of this.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Dreamy_Queen said:

I'm totally enchanted by Vergo this week. I haven't expected it, but I felt such goosbumps I didn't feel while listening to other's people songs (I mean not Mika) for a long time. 

So, officially now he's my favourite at XF. It would be a kind of tragedy if he is kicked away. I'm really impressed to see the growth of this guy. Anyway, I hope he won't disappear and will go on on the stage.

I also was stunned by his performance. It felt like a prayer - the atmosphere, the music, the costumes, his movements.... I didn't even notice there was autotune, but imo this performance had this special something that Mika said he was looking for.

What are the rules for the next Live, does it change every time?! Why is there a risk that Naip can't perform his song? He sounded awesome in yesterday's rehearsal, I want to hear it!!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mellody said:

What are the rules for the next Live, does it change every time?! Why is there a risk that Naip can't perform his song? He sounded awesome in yesterday's rehearsal, I want to hear it!!

I am not sure to well understand but it looks like one talent will have to leave just after the first part. And all participants will be in the first part. Not a one half as it was in 1,2 and 3 Live.

In the second part (with their first song but in a new version) another talent will leave the show.

So if NAIP leaves in the first part he will not perform in the second part.

1 hour ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

But with each song you can hear it less and less.

I hope he will get the chance to sing a song without his voice being processed. I really thought that would happen last week, knowing that Mika don't want him using autotune anymore, but dunno what happened...

9 minutes ago, mellody said:

Yes, the rules are different. It will be 2 candidates leaving the contest. One after the first manche, when they will perform their own songs, and another one after the second manche when they will sing the covers.  

I really like the song given to NAIP, I also hope he will manage to perform it.

22 hours ago, mellody said:

Perfect enough, Mika is singing. :wub2: :wub2: Thank you!! :hug:

And wow, I'm amazed that Naip can do such a song, very melodic! Looking forward to his performance on the next live. Mika also says a few words about the song, that it's about love without cliché, starting with wanting to throw love away and ending with begging for it to return - and that this is beautiful because it's true. It's good that he explains the song, just from reading the lyrics I wouldn't have understood the meaning - the translator often only makes half sense with lyrics, because lyrics often aren't schoolbook grammar.

You're so welcome! :mikalove:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Ah, thanks. So in the first part they'll be singing again songs they've sung before? It makes sense that 2 candidates will have to leave, there are not that many live shows left. I just wish they'd let them sing their newly rehearsed songs first, I think it's not fair if they have to rehearse and invest all this work and then they don't even get the chance to sing it. :sneaky2:

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Natacha. said:

Thank you! I've downloaded this one, because apparently they've already deleted again the one you posted yesterday. :rolleyes: Do they just delete it if you post the whole Daily's, would it be better if you only upload Mika's part? Or doesn't it make a difference?

What is Mika saying about Vergo's song, the first time he's speaking with Vergo? I think later he tells Vergo that it seems like he's suffering and he should rather have fun. And in the end I think Mika complains why he always gets the most difficult team, or something like that? :teehee:

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Natacha. said:

Thank you! :flowers2:

I find Vergo so fake when he speaks, when he moves, dunno why but I can't stand him :aah:  For me NAIP is an authentic artist and I'm always curios to see his performances.

12 minutes ago, krysady said:

I find Vergo so fake when he speaks, when he moves, dunno why but I can't stand him :aah:  For me NAIP is an authentic artist and I'm always curios to see his performances.

I see what you mean - but as I probably won't follow any of these artists after XF is over (unless they work together with Mika), I don't care much about whether they're real or fake. I mostly look at their singing and their performance. And Vergo is a great performer, that's undeniable. If I had to choose which of Mika's candidates I'd go to have a drink with, that'd be Naip, he's definitely more likeable and a more deep and interesting person. But as a performer on stage, Vergo touches me more than Naip.

Well, not everyone can have it all, like Mika does. :teehee: :wub2:

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, mellody said:

If I had to choose which of Mika's candidates I'd go to have a drink with, that'd be Naip, he's definitely more likeable and a more deep and interesting person

Agree! And I'm sure that Mika would choose him too.

6 minutes ago, mellody said:

Well, not everyone can have it all, like Mika does. :teehee: :wub2:

I guess we are all agree on this :wub2:

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, krysady said:

I don't think he is fake, but he is shy and not aware of his capabilities as a singer, I am happy that he is in Mika's team

4 hours ago, krysady said:

Isn't that because of the autotune? Because I wonder if the result would be the same if he'd use his real voice..

I'm not sure he used much of aututune this time. It seemed to me that I finally can hear a lot of his real voice, and I was wondering why the hell he was hiding it? Because if Mika will manage to open his voice it would be real treasure, as it is quite unusual, not the voice one is used to... 

On 11/18/2020 at 9:40 PM, mellody said:

Ah, thanks. So in the first part they'll be singing again songs they've sung before? It makes sense that 2 candidates will have to leave, there are not that many live shows left. I just wish they'd let them sing their newly rehearsed songs first, I think it's not fair if they have to rehearse and invest all this work and then they don't even get the chance to sing it. :sneaky2:

Totally agree! I don't see any sense in singing the same song again and again. Moreover, it seems to me that most of the contestants have grown over their First Song. Really, maybe it fitted them in the beginning, but they are at XF to get better and more mature! For example Vergo, Bomba is so overused already.

Edited by Dreamy_Queen
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Amy hudsone said:

I don't think he is fake, but he is shy and not aware of his capabilities as a singer, I am happy that he is in Mika's team

It's true, insecurity can come across as being fake and arrogant. But as we're on MFC here, it's Mika who sets the standards - and tho he used to be full of insecurities at the beginning of his career, he never seemed fake or arrogant, apart from maybe a few slips. Anyway, I don't see any of the other candidates as very likeable either. Not even Casadilego, tho she's an amazing singer and can transport a lot of emotion in her voice, when I watch her IG stories, it's just meh, not very interesting. So I could imagine Vergo has a chance of winning this thing, he's definitely among my faves, for his performances. Tho well, maybe I'm a bit biased because he's in Mika's team... if it wasn't for the teams, I suppose I'd vote for Casadilego as a winner. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mellody said:

Thank you! I've downloaded this one, because apparently they've already deleted again the one you posted yesterday. :rolleyes: Do they just delete it if you post the whole Daily's, would it be better if you only upload Mika's part? Or doesn't it make a difference?

What is Mika saying about Vergo's song, the first time he's speaking with Vergo? I think later he tells Vergo that it seems like he's suffering and he should rather have fun. And in the end I think Mika complains why he always gets the most difficult team, or something like that? :teehee:

You're welcome, I don't think it would make any difference since "they" also deleted some small edits I've posted that weren't even 1 minute long LOL it's weird because youtube which is a lot more strict has only deleted 1 of my videos so unless someone reported them, I don't know.. I will re-upload them again and see how it goes.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, mellody said:

It's true, insecurity can come across as being fake and arrogant. But as we're on MFC here, it's Mika who sets the standards - and tho he used to be full of insecurities at the beginning of his career, he never seemed fake or arrogant, apart from maybe a few slips. Anyway, I don't see any of the other candidates as very likeable either. Not even Casadilego, tho she's an amazing singer and can transport a lot of emotion in her voice, when I watch her IG stories, it's just meh, not very interesting. So I could imagine Vergo has a chance of winning this thing, he's definitely among my faves, for his performances. Tho well, maybe I'm a bit biased because he's in Mika's team... if it wasn't for the teams, I suppose I'd vote for Casadilego as a winner. 

I agree with you, Blind, Melancholia and Casadilego seem to have the most support from the judges and the public, and to be honest I am not impressed by the performances of Blind and Melancholia (so much screaming for me) at all. 

Vergo has a strong song "Bomba", I think he will pass the first round, for Naip, I like his song "Attenti al loop" but  I am afraid the public will let him down, he is really talented tho

1 minute ago, mellody said:

Gosh, I thought I'm only one to feel this way about Lego! 

I suppose Melancholia will win, because Vergo is a bit simple and like a dark horse, he's not a clearly-seen favorite. But I feel something cute and human in him, boring - is the last thing about him. Shy, insecure, childish - yes, but I like it. I paid attention to him from the first sight because I felt curious. Now I found my fave this XF :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Amy hudsone said:

That could be too, I'm still trying to understand him... but the way he moves his lips while speaking looks so weird as if it's previously rehearsed, dunno if you know what I mean :aah:

59 minutes ago, Dreamy_Queen said:

It seemed to me that I finally can hear a lot of his real voice

As for me, I can't figure out when it is his clean voice, and when they added the effects, that's why I hope Mika will make him show his real voice.

59 minutes ago, mellody said:

Not even Casadilego, tho she's an amazing singer and can transport a lot of emotion in her voice, when I watch her IG stories, it's just meh, not very interesting.

Yes, I noticed that as well, she is very talented but a bit arrogant.. but she is sooo talented indeed! 

1 hour ago, Dreamy_Queen said:

Totally agree! I don't see any sense in singing the same song again and again. Moreover, it seems to me that most of the contestants have grown over their First Song. Really, maybe it fitted them in the beginning, but they are at XF to get better and more mature! For example Vergo, Bomba is so stale already.

I think it's good that they can sing their own songs more times, so the public can better memorize it, contestants didn't have this possibilty at the past X factor seasons (they could just sing their songs at the live shows once if I remember it correctly). That will be better for their career afterwards, when they are eliminated soon or in any case I guess.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, mellody said:

I don't think that NAIP will have the fewest calls after the first round. He is the only one of the participants that does what he does, so I guess that he has his fanbase. I don't think though that he will win X Factor, but I think that he will survive this live. I would be more worry that Vergo has to leave the first round, if he didn't have his song "Bomba". In my opinion, Blue Phelix has to leave in the first round and in the second round Little Pieces of Marmelade or maybe Cmqmartina, but of course these are only speculations. :original:

• Like 1