Mika Returns to X Factor Italia in 2020

I've jus finished watching the first Live on YouTube and I have to say that it was 2 hours and a half of a real joy.

Actually I skipped the part with a guest artist in the middle of the show because I was more interested in competitors.

I was "shocked" ( in a very positive way ) by the the way the program has been prepared. The stage, the lights, the scenography, everything was on the highest level. And the young artists were on the highest level too!

The production threw them in a middle of the deep sea. Completely different than in The Voice, where talents have more time to get used to be on stage. Even each and every artist has his/her single on all music platforms!!!

My favorites: Little Pieces of Marmelades, Vergo, Melancholia, Mydrama, Blue Phelix, Casadilego, CMQMartina...

It will be really hard to watch them leaving the program. But anyway I think they all have a wonderful opportunity to show their talents and continue with music.

• Like 3

VIDEO

Daily 6

:italia:

Daily 6: Eda Marì e Manitoba al ballottaggio
Eda Marì e i Manitoba sono i meno votati del primo Live Show. I giudici devono prendere una scelta difficile e salvano la band di Manuel Agnelli.

:uk:

Daily 6: Eda Marì and Manitoba in the ballot
Eda Marì and Manitoba are the least voted in the first Live Show. The judges have to make a tough choice and save Manuel Agnelli's band.

Daily 6

Daily 6: Eda Marì reagisce al verdetto dei giudici
Il primo Live di X Factor 2020 finisce con Eda Marì a rischio eliminazione. I concorrenti e i giudici dicono la loro nel backstage della Sky Wifi Arena

Daily 6: Eda Marì reacts to the judges' verdict
The first Live of X Factor 2020 ends with Eda Marì at risk of elimination. Competitors and judges have their say in the backstage of the Sky Wifi Arena.

• Like 3

Alex Cattelan has posted two hours ago on Instagram that he has been tested positive on Covid.

"Oggi facendo i controlli periodici tipici di questi giorni ho scoperto di essere positivo al Covid. In attesa di effettuare un test molecolare sono a casa sotto controllo e isolato. @ludosauer mi fa trovare fuori dalla camera il piatto per mangiare e per fortuna ogni tanto Nina e Olli mi fanno scivolare un messaggino sotto la porta quindi sono in ottime mani!"

"Today, doing the periodic checks typical of these days, I discovered that I was positive for Covid. While waiting for a molecular test, I am at home under surveillance and isolated. @ludosauer makes me find the plate to eat outside the room and luckily Nina and Olli occasionally slip a message under the door so I'm in good hands!?

I hope it is just a false alert.

I am not able to paste the link to this post. I have a popup that there is an error in the link.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Daily 7: Mika sceglie le canzoni per il secondo Live Show

Mika incontra gli Over per scegliere i pezzi con cui si esibiranno durante il secondo Live Show di X Factor 2020.

Daily 7: Mika chooses the songs for the second Live Show

Mika meets the Over to choose the pieces with which they will perform during the second Live Show of X Factor 2020.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Alex Cattelan has posted two hours ago on Instagram that he has been tested positive on Covid.

"Oggi facendo i controlli periodici tipici di questi giorni ho scoperto di essere positivo al Covid. In attesa di effettuare un test molecolare sono a casa sotto controllo e isolato. @ludosauer mi fa trovare fuori dalla camera il piatto per mangiare e per fortuna ogni tanto Nina e Olli mi fanno scivolare un messaggino sotto la porta quindi sono in ottime mani!"

"Today, doing the periodic checks typical of these days, I discovered that I was positive for Covid. While waiting for a molecular test, I am at home under surveillance and isolated. @ludosauer makes me find the plate to eat outside the room and luckily Nina and Olli occasionally slip a message under the door so I'm in good hands!?

I hope it is just a false alert.

I am not able to paste the link to this post. I have a popup that there is an error in the link.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHGaf1lj0vK/

Oh no. :sad: This is not good. :no:

I've embedded the link in your post. You have to copy the embed code from IG and paste it here in the source view - but it only works at a desktop, I don't get the embed option on IG on my mobile.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kumazzz said:

Mika incontra gli Over per scegliere i pezzi con cui si esibiranno durante il secondo Live Show di X Factor 2020.

Mika meets the Over to choose the pieces with which they will perform during the second Live Show of X Factor 2020.

What is this thing he burns that he says he got from Emma? Some sort of Voodoo for good luck? Or is it supposed to be against Covid? I don't understand what he says about this, unfortunately. But either way I'm very skeptical, I hope it's just a joke. :rolleyes:

But I understand most of the rest. He was happy with Naip's and Vergo's performances at the first live. Vergo has big dreams, and Mika likes that. For Edda he said her performance missed the soul, the emotion, and that should be her goal for the next live. He talks about how he was trained by his Mum 3 hours a day as a kid and how she kept telling him, no, this is not right, no this doesn't have soul, etc., but that Edda didn't have this training.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, mellody said:

Oh no. :sad: This is not good. :no:

I've embedded the link in your post. You have to copy the embed code from IG and paste it here in the source view - but it only works at a desktop, I don't get the embed option on IG on my mobile.

Thank you Mellody. Usually I don't have problems with embedding links. But yesterday it didn't work :dunno:

10 hours ago, mellody said:

What is this thing he burns that he says he got from Emma? Some sort of Voodoo for good luck? Or is it supposed to be against Covid? I don't understand what he says about this, unfortunately. But either way I'm very skeptical, I hope it's just a joke. :rolleyes:

He was joking about using "black magic" to chase bad energy - especially for balloted Eda.

Emma feels a little guilty voting against Eda so she wanted to help with her gift :bleh:

It is a sort of wood stick he burnt  (he did not mentioned the name). Maybe it was a cedar?

Well, it's nothing new. Herbs are used to incense a house - it's an old tradition of cleaning the energy of the place.

As Mika is superstitious I think he wants to do anything to make things go well :das:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks @Anna Ko Kolkowska

Some things I don't understand yet about the procedure, if I get it right, Edda has to compete against the talent whose song is played the least on Spotify this week, right? If that is her own song, will she automatically be out, or will she compete against the one with the second least plays? Who will decide, the judges or the public? And if she wins in the next show, will that other talent automatically be out?

And also I've been wondering, the judges voted 3:1 against her / for that other band - what if it had been 2:2?

Edit: Something else I forgot to say about the things Mika says in the video - he said about Edda's performance that if there's a connection, people will defend it - and if there isn't, they won't. I think it's a true and important point, and I think he also uses it for his own work, when for the Beirut gig he talked about this "communion of spirit", that he misses most from the gigs and he tried to recreate it for the streaming.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, mellody said:

Some things I don't understand yet about the procedure, if I get it right, Edda has to compete against the talent whose song is played the least on Spotify this week, right? If that is her own song, will she automatically be out, or will she compete against the one with the second least plays? Who will decide, the judges or the public? And if she wins in the next show, will that other talent automatically be out?

They didn't explain this new process clearly but I suppose that she will compete against the one with the second least plays and, knowing from the previous years how a "ballottaggio" works, I think the judges will decide who win. The one who wins continue the competition during the evening, whereas the other one has to leave immediately.
(And at the end of the evening there will probably be another ballottaggio with the two least voted based on their new performances) 

2 hours ago, mellody said:

And also I've been wondering, the judges voted 3:1 against her / for that other band - what if it had been 2:2?

When they vote 2:2, a new flash voting section is opened and it’s up to the audience. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

Daily 8

Sky 03 nov 2020

https://video.sky.it/xfactor/daytime/video/daily-prove-eda-mari-secondo-live-627162

Daily 8 : Eda Marì in studio con Mika

In vista del secondo Live di X Factor 2020, Mika assiste alle prove di Eda Marì, concorrente a rischio eliminazione.

Daily 8: Eda Marì in the studio with Mika

In view of the second Live of X Factor 2020, Mika attends the tests of Eda Marì, a competitor at risk of elimination.

Edited by Kumazzz
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

21 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

In view of the second Live of X Factor 2020, Mika attends the tests of Eda Marì, a competitor at risk of elimination.

I can spend hours watching Mika as a teacher. He knows what he wants and he knows how to get it from a singer.

Edited by Anna Ko Kolkowska
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

I want to be Eda at this point. Anyone else? 🤣

Lol, I'd like to be any of the talents in his team and work that closely with him. :wub2:  So in case Edda has to leave the show on Thursday, being her would mean not having a long time with Mika. :teehee: Anyway, I think he's showing his emotions so openly because that's what he expects from his talents, to be open about their emotions, to be real. And I often think that he has a very good sense for moods of other people - like, he's also very enthusiastic about Vergo and Naip, but just in a different way. For Edda I think the way he is with her can help her to get out of her shell, and I think he senses that. That look he gives her, he also gives that to fans at his gigs sometimes. He doesn't need to say "ti adoro, ti amo", his eyes say it. And then you stand there, feeling like the most wonderful person in the world (besides Mika) and wondering how he can be so awesome and look at you that way and whether maybe he meant the person next to you or what he wanted to say with that look or whether it even happened or you just imagined it. But you just leave the gig like :swoon: and make sure you buy tickets for the next gig asap. :naughty:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Apparently there'll be more Covid restrictions in Italy, like after 22:00 you're not allowed to go outside anymore, and in the very affected areas, like Milan, it might be more... I wonder what that means for the lives, will they make them earlier to be finished before the curfew? Or can those who work there still go out - but I think the audience wouldn't be allowed?

Well, I'd have been surprised if Covid didn't affect XF at all. Let's see what they'll do...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, mellody said:

Apparently there'll be more Covid restrictions in Italy, like after 22:00 you're not allowed to go outside anymore, and in the very affected areas, like Milan, it might be more... I wonder what that means for the lives, will they make them earlier to be finished before the curfew? Or can those who work there still go out - but I think the audience wouldn't be allowed?

Well, I'd have been surprised if Covid didn't affect XF at all. Let's see what they'll do...

From 22 to 5 am we are allowed to go out only for work or  health reason , so I think it won't affect the lenght/time of the live. Workers can go back home after 22.

Concerning the audience, they're background actors,  therefore probably considered workers as well as the production.

Edited by Ellys
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2