2022 - Mika @ London Roundhouse, UK, 3 July

krysady

3 minutes ago, Prisca said:

Honestly, at each of the last Mika concerts in Europe, it was always stressful, you never knew if you were going to make it to the front. In America/Canada it was more relaxed.

Yes, it looks like they will be digital. Honestly, this is an unnecessary stress, can't they just send the tickets earlier? :rolleyes:

yes an innecessary !

another source of stress, after

-flights that can be canceled at the last minute...

-london trains on strike ...

I'll relax when I will be in front of Mika bouncing on stage ! :thumb_yello:

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, mellody said:

That would be a nightmare! The box office usually opens at the same time as the doors, so if we have to get our tickets there, it'd be the 2010 Seetickets presale chaos all over again! :crybaby: There we got a fan presale via Seetickets, but at several of the gigs those tickets had to be picked up at the box office, which opened the same time as the doors... so the biggest fans who bought their tickets first and wanted to be in the front had to fear to get in with a delay after the normal ticket buyers. Luckily back then Mika's tour manager John solved it, he made sure we all got our tickets before the doors opened - but that won't happen at the Roundhouse. I just hope the tickets arrive in time! Or if it only arrives on the gig day, that I won't have to print it but they can just scan the code from my phone.

This Just sounds like a Nightmare I'm worried that I'm going to run out of Data by the weekend so Was hoping I could print them before I leave Saturday Just in case or at lleast be able to download them  beforehand, 

Its an Unneeded Stress

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, BeccaStardust said:

This Just sounds like a Nightmare I'm worried that I'm going to run out of Data by the weekend so Was hoping I could print them before I leave Saturday Just in case or at lleast be able to download them  beforehand, 

Its an Unneeded Stress

There are only digital tickets - nothing to print out or download

• Like 1

1 minute ago, silver said:

I wanted to print as a safety Precaution I know Its not needed 

and I thought Digital tickets had to be downloaded thats how digital train tickets work So I was basing it of that

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, silver said:

Ok I hope you're right ... I usually choose print at home ticket if I have the choice between mobile and printing it, but don't remember if they offered a choice. I'll make sure to have enough data and battery in any case, not like the Shepherd's Bush gig in 2019 where my phone ran out of battery during the gig.

It's still a nightmare for those who bought the tickets from someone else, whether they can get it in time. That's probably the purpose of their late delivery, to avoid scalpers.

Edit: and true @BeccaStardust you'll need mobile internet in any case if it doesn't arrive while you're still at home, whether you need to download the ticket or just open an e-mail. - anyway the way I understand it from silver, they can print it for you at the box office if you don't have mobile internet, and as you have a fixed seat, you won't have to worry about going in early.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, mellody said:

Ok I hope you're right ... I usually choose print at home ticket if I have the choice between mobile and printing it, but don't remember if they offered a choice. I'll make sure to have enough data and battery in any case, not like the Shepherd's Bush gig in 2019 where my phone ran out of battery during the gig.

It's still a nightmare for those who bought the tickets from someone else, whether they can get it in time. That's probably the purpose of their late delivery, to avoid scalpers.

I don't know whether tickets bought via Ticketmaster can be printed or not.  If the tickets are direct from the Roundhouse, they will be digital and are scanned on your phone.

I can understand that the Roundhouse want to stop scalpers and ticket touts, but I don't think they realise quite how fan clubs pass on tickets between themselves.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, silver said:

Pretty sure the Roundhouse scan the digital tickets on the phones - they don't do printed tickets at all.

If you don't have a smartphone (or your battery has died) you have to contact a member of staff when you arrive

Yes, that's what I'm trying to wrap my head around here. It's just going to be a digital ticket, so unless you have some internet problems or a dead battery, it shouldn't be a problem if the tickets come very last minute.

31 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

OMG!

And can you imagine the stress for people who bought tickets from other fans? Who receive an information? Will the email be resent to a new buyer on time?

For the first time I hear about this sort of tickets distribution. And what if I have internet connection problems as I had in Switzerland?

This is what I see on my account: it sais: details sent not later than 5 days before the event.

Maybe Deb should contact Mika Team to anticipate any problems on Sunday?

image.thumb.png.59a8a6197ebe6510e71499f357a39b5a.png

I've writtent to them, but I doubt there's anything they can do -- they have no control over Ticketmaster. And I'm sure Ticketmaster/Roundhouse do this every gig, so for them it's not a big deal.

2 minutes ago, silver said:

I don't know whether tickets bought via Ticketmaster can be printed or not.  If the tickets are direct from the Roundhouse, they will be digital and are scanned on your phone.

I can understand that the Roundhouse want to stop scalpers and ticket touts, but I don't think they realise quite how fan clubs pass on tickets between themselves.

I read somewhere that it said specifically you can't print out these digital tickets.  If I find it again, I'll share it here.

But yes, I have 3 tickets I need to get to other fans -- I'll have to write to them to let them know I'll be sending the tickets at the last minute, and it might be easiest if they come and find me on the night and we all go in together.

Sheesh.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, mellody said:

Edit: and true @BeccaStardust you'll need mobile internet in any case if it doesn't arrive while you're still at home, whether you need to download the ticket or just open an e-mail. - anyway the way I understand it from silver, they can print it for you at the box office if you don't have mobile internet, and as you have a fixed seat, you won't have to worry about going in early.

I know I'm seated but It'll still be something I'm worried about all day  I probably will head back to my Hotel around 5 then come join everyone  to drop any stuff off and I'll be able to give my phone a Charge and get the ticket loaded on wifi there, Worst case I'll end i'm bringing my Tablet that will have data with me to the roundhouse but I doubt I'll need to do that 

Edited by BeccaStardust

6 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

Yes, that's what I'm trying to wrap my head around here. It's just going to be a digital ticket, so unless you have some internet problems or a dead battery, it shouldn't be a problem if the tickets come very last minute.

Yeah, I think it’s going to be fine. We all just need to make sure to have our phones charged and enough mobile internet. 

We’re going to be fine! Mika will wonder where everyone is and come get us himself when it takes too long 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

OK, in the email that came a few days ago, it said this:

If you selected eTickets, your phone is your ticket, your tickets will not be emailed to you, or available to print or at the Box Office. You can find your tickets in your Ticketmaster account or through the Ticketmaster App. If you haven’t already, be sure to download the app as it allows you to save your tickets to a digital wallet. Please note when you go mobile, your tickets will not be emailed to you or available to print.

So what that means is that the virtual tickets (with a bar code or QR code) will appear in your Ticketmaster account and you will have to show your phone and have it scanned for entry. The only reason you'll need to go to the box office to get a printed ticket is if you don't have a phone, or you have some connectivity problems and can't access your account.

I don't know how it is for the rest of you outside the UK, but the Ticketmaster app I have only works for US/Canada. Maybe I'll be able to download a Ticketmaster UK app once I get there tomorrow, but as of now I can only see my Ticketmaster UK account via the internet on my phone. It works here, but of course I'm worried it won't on the night!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, dcdeb said:

I don't know how it is for the rest of you outside the UK, but the Ticketmaster app I have only works for US/Canada.

There is a TicketMaster UK app, it's much easier to use than their website so I would recommend anyone when they get to the UK to try and download it here, if not your own countries app should work!

1 minute ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

There is a TicketMaster UK app, it's much easier to use than their website so I would recommend anyone when they get to the UK to try and download it here, if not your own countries app should work!

Yes, I think I might have used the UK app before, but it definitely isn't working now -- tells me specifically it only supports US/Canada. And the UK app doesn't show up in our Apple store. :mad3:  But luckily I'll be there in less than 24 hours, so I hope I'll have time to sort it!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

I don't know how it is for the rest of you outside the UK, but the Ticketmaster app I have only works for US/Canada. Maybe I'll be able to download a Ticketmaster UK app once I get there tomorrow, but as of now I can only see my Ticketmaster UK account via the internet on my phone. It works here, but of course I'm worried it won't on the night!

I can tell you what it was like for me in the US/Canada. The Ticketmaster app never worked, even when I was in the US/Canada. I used the website of Ticketmaster, which always worked. :original:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Prisca said:

I can tell you what it was like for me in the US/Canada. The Ticketmaster app never worked, even when I was in the US/Canada. I used the website of Ticketmaster, which always worked. :original:

I just looked through the country list in my Ticketmaster app: UK is not listed. I doubt the app will work for me in the UK, so back to the website...

• Like 1

Ticketmaster says I will be sent details of how to access my tickets by email, no later than 5 days before the event.  The concert is only 5 days away and I still haven't received any emails!

Do you think it's worth getting in touch with them about this or do you think it will be ok?  I heard that tickets can arrive within 48 hours of the event, but the fact they said I should receive an email 5 days before and I haven't received it is making me a bit nervous.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

Yes, I think I might have used the UK app before, but it definitely isn't working now -- tells me specifically it only supports US/Canada. And the UK app doesn't show up in our Apple store. :mad3:  But luckily I'll be there in less than 24 hours, so I hope I'll have time to sort it!

Same for me… let us know if it works. I will do the same once I land in the UK.

8 minutes ago, teenagedreamer98 said:

Ticketmaster says I will be sent details of how to access my tickets by email, no later than 5 days before the event.  The concert is only 5 days away and I still haven't received any emails!

Do you think it's worth getting in touch with them about this or do you think it will be ok?  I heard that tickets can arrive within 48 hours of the event, but the fact they said I should receive an email 5 days before and I haven't received it is making me a bit nervous.

Read this, this is the answer Romy got:

received_777165866979824.jpeg

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

OK, in the email that came a few days ago, it said this:

If you selected eTickets, your phone is your ticket, your tickets will not be emailed to you, or available to print or at the Box Office. You can find your tickets in your Ticketmaster account or through the Ticketmaster App. If you haven’t already, be sure to download the app as it allows you to save your tickets to a digital wallet. Please note when you go mobile, your tickets will not be emailed to you or available to print.

So what that means is that the virtual tickets (with a bar code or QR code) will appear in your Ticketmaster account and you will have to show your phone and have it scanned for entry. The only reason you'll need to go to the box office to get a printed ticket is if you don't have a phone, or you have some connectivity problems and can't access your account.

I didn't get that e-mail and not sure if there was a choice between eTickets and print at home - if there was, I'm sure I picked the latter because I always prefer to have a printed ticket in my hand that I can keep with my tickets later. Unless it's physical tickets, because I know they often have issues with sending them abroad. But can't be that hard to just send them via e-mail?! :aah:

42 minutes ago, mellody said:

I didn't get that e-mail and not sure if there was a choice between eTickets and print at home - if there was, I'm sure I picked the latter because I always prefer to have a printed ticket in my hand that I can keep with my tickets later. Unless it's physical tickets, because I know they often have issues with sending them abroad. But can't be that hard to just send them via e-mail?! :aah:

OMG 😯 What a mess!!!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Prisca said:

Read this, this is the answer Romy got:

received_777165866979824.jpeg

Thanks, hopefully it will be OK then. I would just prefer to have the ticket sooner in advance, just to make things less stressful.

Ticket chaos aside, I'm so looking forward to Sunday! :excite:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, teenagedreamer98 said:

I would just prefer to have the ticket sooner in advance, just to make things less stressful.

Yes, I agree. And I haven't received an email either, by the way...