6 hours ago, NaoMika said:

Yes, I have...:fisch:

UK-Cotswolds-luxury-house-rent-Temple-Gu

:lmfao: :bow: 

Gorgeous place. But ...

Price per week  £14,700 - £18,620

:yikes:

5 hours ago, mellody said:

So that house sleeps 12 people, part of it with a shared bathroom... I'd say that speaks for it being some sort of family gathering - for a couple weekend it's too big, for a songwriting camp they probably would have more private rooms. :dunno_grin:

I'm more interested in the Super-king sized beds... :das:   Finally he has a place where the bed is long enough. :teehee:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Aki Celeste said:

Oh wow, even Mika's horror stories are awesome! :lol: I've gone to music camps and retreats, but never for songwriting specifically. This one sounds like it left something to be desired, but I love the song, so I guess having that kind of external pressure worked? 

He said it was a big event, a lot of people were there so they grouped off into separate areas to write. He noticed the impact of the environment on the types of songs being made - groups in big stately rooms made big grandiose songs, while they in the poky little room made a cosy intimate song. I think it was on the Track by Track talkthrough for OOL. :yes:

• Like 3

6 hours ago, mellody said:

.. I'd say that speaks for it being some sort of family gathering - for a couple weekend it's too big, for a songwriting camp they probably would have more private rooms. :dunno_grin:

I guess he could be one of the "corporate guests" they had this week.

In this IG highlight, they says "Our estate is the perfect place to inspire teams and create a relaxed environment for creativity.

https://www.instagram.com/s/aGlnaGxpZ2h0OjE4MjE5MzcwNzI5MTEyMDM0?utm_medium=copy_link

(You can see the "green room" with the fireplace as well)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

https://www.instagram.com/p/CaAYidDl-g5/

indeedworks

Connecting you with amazing work is our jam, but we also want to create more connected workplaces. Along with @mikainstagram, we’re bringing back #SoundtrackofEmpathy. Since our music speaks volumes about us, sharing a playlist with a coworker also means sharing ourselves. Make yours now. 🎵
  • Like 3

And now, Mika

https://www.instagram.com/p/CaAlKDIjUro/

mikainstagram

The Rite Of Spring tour in North America is just 7 weeks away and in collaboration with @indeedworks we decided to bring back our musical movement #SoundtrackofEmpathy

We understand each other best through music, so check out my playlist including tracks from The Beatles, Rosin Murphy, Pulp and Geoffrey Oryema, make your own, send it to your friends and share it on here using the hashtag #SoundtrackofEmpathy
  • Like 2

The thing about Mika's snippets of music is that you start imagining all sorts of things about what kind of song it fits in to, and then when the record gets released it turns out to be something completely different :mf_rosetinted:

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, Prisca said:

Mika does not stop publishing new concert dates! :lol3:

Instagram

grafik.thumb.png.e918447a780e887a99424b04db5f6393.png

Fantastic, it's perfect for him. :cloud:

And Becky Hill, wow. Not familiar with her work now, but I remember watching her as a contestant on the 1st series of The Voice UK. Most memorable moment, part way through singing live she forgot the words (I'm sensing a theme here) panicked and mouthed "Oh f***!" straight into the camera. :lol3:  She's done well. 

Edited by Hero
  • Haha 7

1 minute ago, Hero said:

Most memorable moment, part way through singing live she forgot the words (I'm sensing a theme here) panicked and mouthed "Oh f***!" straight into the camera. :lol3: 

Looks like Mika and her are a perfect match. :biggrin2:

2 minutes ago, Hero said:

Yes, agreed. It is certainly an honour for him to be one of the headliners of Disneyland Paris Pride. :yes:

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hero said:

And Becky Hill, wow. Not familiar with her work now, but I remember watching her as a contestant on the 1st series of The Voice UK. Most memorable moment, part way through singing live she forgot the words (I'm sensing a theme here) panicked and mouthed "Oh f***!" straight into the camera. :lol3:  She's done well. 

I don't know Becky Hill. I know Bilal Hassani from some of his performances on TV. Ex. Eurovision, Dancing With The Stars, and from SM. He's so cool!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

I don't know Becky Hill. I know Bilal Hassani from some of his performances on TV. Ex. Eurovision, Dancing With The Stars, and from SM. He's so cool!

But has he ever forgotten his words while singing? This could be a perfect trio! :lol3:

• Like 1