Mika Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, website updates - 2022

Mikasister

3 hours ago, carafon said:

I knew this tiktok challenge was going to end desastrously .......:naughty::naughty:

Let's wait to hear it first. :lol:

We had already this discussion about the Yo-Yo remix. And now everybody loves it during the gig. Or rather at the end of the gig :wink2:

Edited by Anna Ko Kolkowska

I listened to it already with a vpn and honestly... I'm not a fan 😅. It's really just that part they sing in the Grace Kelly challenge on repeat, with a lot of autotune and robotic noises. The snippet he posted on Insta is pretty much the same as the whole thing. I'm sure the popularity of the Grace Kelly challenge influenced this remix choice, perhaps they're hoping to keep the trend going this way or something, but i doubt it will work. It doesn't resemble the original song which people love at all, it's a distortion if anything, in my opinion 😬

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

We had already this discussion about the Yo-Yo remix. And now everybody loves it during the gig. Or rather at the end of the gig :wink2:

It's funny at the end of a gig because Mika and his band are dancing along ,but I still don't listen to it on my own.

Tbh ,the only remix I appreciate is "hurt" because it's not all about a loop and autotune voices.

From the little snippet he shared I'm probably not going to listen to this one more than once :naughty:

But anyway , he's doing so many things that it's quite impossible to love everything .......and maybe he's got a deal with some night club company 

Edited by carafon
  • Like 1

It's funny at the end of a gig because Mika and his band are dancing along ,but I still don't listen to it on my own.

Exactly! 

From the little snippet he shared I'm probably not going to listen to this one more than once :naughty:

For me that snippet was enough to know that I am not going to listen to it at all :aah:

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Remix of Grace Kelly by Clean Bandit.

The most beautiful song of all times destroyed by a remix. The song loses all its essence. But I respect who likes It. Thanks God not everyone has the same tastes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 uur geleden zei Mikasister:

Het mooiste nummer aller tijden vernietigd door een remix. Het nummer verliest al zijn essentie. Maar ik respecteer wie het leuk vindt. Godzijdank heeft niet iedereen dezelfde smaak.

I also think it's a shame about that beautiful legendary song...:cloud:

yes i'm agree yes indeed I agree a beautiful piece ruining it with a senseless remix has ruined it. I prefer the normal version .. I wonder why Mika insists on making these absurd remixes so the songs get ruined. :dunno_grin:

• Like 2

The remix is growing on me! When I first heard it I have to admit I was just comparing it to the original Grace Kelly, but it’s a whole new song on itself meant for a whole different target audience. 

I am more a fan of his melodic versions, the ones where you can hear he wrote them on his piano and where there is still this raw emotion in it. It is however not suitable as background lounge kind of music, or nowadays club music.

With remixes the emotion transforms into a steady one, almost like a heartbeat with little nuances to it: making it more laid back in my opinion. I can imagine it being part of my lounge playlist and to introduce people to Mika this way. When we have guests over my husband usually doesn’t want a lot of Mika playing in the background (bless his heart: he agrees Mika’s usual genre is not background music, it deserves a listening ear: which you don’t necessarily want when you have people over), but I know with this version he won’t mind at all. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

mikainstagram story

unknown_298410688_799901687854080_6292741218810125143_n.thumb.jpg.91b723b62e5b115bb4128125be6e78b2.jpg

Tells me "this playlist is no longer available". :dunno: Can anyone open it? I suppose it's just the GK Remix in there, so I'm not missing much... :mf_rosetinted: