POLL! London July 2022: The MFC Tour Boat Continues

dcdeb

THE MFC TOUR BOAT: Thames Edition  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Would You Cruise with MFC on the Thames on 2 July 2022?

• Yes, count me in!
    • It depends on the price.
    • No, I'm not interested in the MFC Tour Boat - I'd rather do something else.

26 minutes ago, BeccaStardust said:

this might come across a little mean but I’m just worried about connecting with older fans (which there are a lot of) and not many my age, which I know sounds stupid we all have something in common so it’s not like I’m that akward and I don’t even really care about that it’s just something I think about but also don’t care about if that makes any sense 

MFC has fans of all ages (also your age :wink2:. Watch videos of the party in Paris and the boat trip. But that's also what makes the MFC family: Everyone is welcome, age, origin etc. doesn't matter. :group_hug:

• Like 3

Just now, Prisca said:

MFC has fans of all ages (also your age :wink2:. Watch videos of the party in Paris and the boat trip. But that's also what makes the MFC family: Everyone is welcome, age, origin etc. doesn't matter. :group_hug:

Yeah as I said it is a stupid thing to think about esp since I get on with everyone here anyway. It’s just me other thinking. Thst I won’t talk to anyone but once I’m there I’ll talk to people  

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, BeccaStardust said:

I’m glad you enjoyed especially hearing how nervous you felt and that it made you ill and in sure it’ll be just as fun next time 

this might come across a little mean but I’m just worried about connecting with older fans (which there are a lot of) and not many my age, which I know sounds stupid we all have something in common so it’s not like I’m that akward and I don’t even really care about that it’s just something I think about but also don’t care about if that makes any sense 

also yeah we’re in the same hotel (tho money hasn’t come out ) so thank you for the offer thats really nice 

Aww don't be nervous around older fans. We are all young at heart. I'm actually 41 but I feel 20 in my head .. lol 

I have some anxiety too sometimes. I thought going to Paris might be hard on that aspect but the other fans I met were so nice and cool that I felt better than I did in a long time!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Sivan said:

Aww don't be nervous around older fans. We are all young at heart. I'm actually 41 but I feel 20 in my head .. lol 

I have some anxiety too sometimes. I thought going to Paris might be hard on that aspect but the other fans I met were so nice and cool that I felt better than I did in a long time!

And I'm 35 (I'll be 36 in London 😅) and I look like 25 (which I don't like at all :facepalm:). So if  I'm 25, I'm not much older than you, Becca. :wink2:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Prisca said:

And I'm 35 (I'll be 36 in London 😅) and I look like 25 (which I don't like at all :facepalm:). So if  I'm 25, I'm not much older than you, Becca. :wink2:

Holy moly I'll be 42 in July! Omg.... I was 26 when I joined the mfc.... 😲 It went by so fast 😭

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I’ll be 23 by July 

but yeah it’s just overthinking that I’ll be an odd one out on top of not knowing everyone and being ignored cause you all have your friend. Groups 

and yes i know this is stupid by my other thinking/axienty is dumb but stems from fake friends and stuff 

Despite living in/near London I’ve never actually been on a boat along the the Thames and have wanted to 

I know I’ll enjoy myself and once I’m there I’ll talk to people it’s just worrying now 

• Like 3

Just now, BeccaStardust said:

I’ll be 23 by July 

but yeah it’s just overthinking that I’ll be an odd one out on top of not knowing everyone and being ignored cause you all have your friend. Groups 

and yes i know this is stupid by my other thinking/axienty is dumb but stems from fake friends and stuff 

Despite living in/near London I’ve never actually been on a boat along the the Thames and have wanted to 

I know I’ll enjoy myself and once I’m there I’ll talk to people it’s just worrying now 

A long time till July. You will know many people from this forum by then so many will already know you 😁

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, BeccaStardust said:

I’m glad you enjoyed especially hearing how nervous you felt and that it made you ill and in sure it’ll be just as fun next time 

also yeah we’re in the same hotel (tho money hasn’t come out ) so thank you for the offer thats really nice 

As an older fan I can tell you; don’t worry, we don’t bite. We are missing a couple of teeth anyway :biggrin2:

• Haha 6

1 minute ago, holdingyourdrink said:

As an older fan I can tell you; don’t worry, we don’t bite. We are missing a couple of teeth anyway :biggrin2:

You're right, I only have 24 teeth!  :biggrin2:  :lol3:

• Haha 4

9 minutes ago, BeccaStardust said:

I’ll be 23 by July 

Don't worry, I know what it's like to overthink too but I'm sure you'll be just fine. As Prisca said, there are fans of all ages (I'll be 24 in May) and everyone is very welcoming regardless of your age.

I've only been to one MFC meet-up so far (10th anniversary in London) and although I didn't know anyone well and came by myself everyone was so friendly. I'm sure you'll have a great time and it might even boost your confidence :original:

• Like 4

I would love to do another cruise!! But obviously, everything would be fine, even a get-together in a bar^_^

Unfortunately @sara09and I will not be able to be there in the early afternoon (probably not until 4.30/5pm), so, as someone suggested before, it would be really nice to do a boat tour in the late afternoon/evening and then have dinner together (or even have dinner on the boat).  :wub2:

• Like 4

• dcdeb changed the title to POLL! London July 2022: The MFC Tour Boat Continues
2 hours ago, Sivan said:

2 hours ago, Prisca said:

And I'm 35 (I'll be 36 in London 😅) and I look like 25 (which I don't like at all :facepalm:). So if I'm 25, I'm not much older than you, Becca. :wink2:

2 hours ago, Sivan said:

Holy moly I'll be 42 in July! Omg.... I was 26 when I joined the mfc.... 😲 It went by so fast 😭

2 hours ago, BeccaStardust said:

I’ll be 23 by July 

Haha I just turned 48. Some days I feel it, others I'm still 18. Which can be a shock when it wears off and I'm like " Oh. Yeah, responsibilities..." :doh: :naughty:

2 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Oh I bite. Usually in the gasmics thread. :biggrin2:

(See? 18.)

Missing teeth? Err, Michelle should you be admitting to that? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, holdingyourdrink said:

All of my wisdom teeth are out and 4 additional were pulled as I got my braces! 

I have a big mouth, I just have bigger teeth :biggrin2:

I didn't even have adult teeth grow/underneath  in some places plus two broken teeth and overall bad teeth 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

All of my wisdom teeth are out and 4 additional were pulled as I got my braces! 

I have a big mouth, I just have bigger teeth :biggrin2:

So you have 24 teeth too! :biggrin2:

Yes, yes, I know, I'm sorry. :sorry:

:ot:

• Haha 2

Just now, Hero said:

23 here, and 2 of those are iffy. :tears:

Look after your teeth kids, you'll be glad you did. 

:itsok:

My dentist could also be a comedian sometimes (he said that often when I was a teenager): Prisca, this can't go on, we either have to make your mouth bigger or make your teeth smaller. :lmfao:

Because both didn't go so well :lol3:, two more teeth were pulled out (his predecessor had already pulled out two) and the wisdom teeth were cut out before they came out.

• Haha 1