POLL! London July 2022: The MFC Tour Boat Continues

dcdeb

THE MFC TOUR BOAT: Thames Edition  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Would You Cruise with MFC on the Thames on 2 July 2022?

• Yes, count me in!
    • It depends on the price.
    • No, I'm not interested in the MFC Tour Boat - I'd rather do something else.

I suppose it's not too early to start thinking about London!

Who will be in town on the 2nd July? I was thinking we might continue the MFC Tour Boat tradition with a cruise on the Thames, but I need an idea of how many people will be interested.

So... just like we did for the Paris boat on the Seine, I'm creating a poll to determine interest. Remember -- this does not guarantee your participation in the cruise if it happens. This is only to figure out if there are enough people willing to do the cruise!

So... please respond to the poll to let us know, and we'll go from there! Thanks!

• Like 15

5 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Hello Deb.

Great idea 👍

Well, generally I should arrive to London on Saturday but I don't know which time.

There are several flights from my city.

So it depends on what time the boat tour will take place.

1 hour ago, Sabine64 said:

It´s a really nice idea. But I think as we arrive Saturday afternoon the time would be too busy for us. For us would be a nice dinner party in the evening around Camden better. 

I think lots of people will be coming into the city on Saturday, so we would definitely need to make it later in the day.

I'm not sure about the Thames cruises, but other cities have evening/dinner cruises -- we could even look into that. I've only just started looking around, I'll see what we come up with!

• Like 6

I would love to attend an MFC meet up on the day before the gig! I'll be there on Saturday but I think evening time will be best for me after I've rested in the hotel. 😊

• Like 1

Think I'll have to change my mind on this and stay undecided for now. I'll be getting into London around 12pm, Mum wants to go for lunch and then shopping, and possibly a movie in the evening. She said it would be fine if I wanted to meet everyone on my own but I would feel so guilty leaving my Mum in the hotel on her own! 😅

My plan for the concert day is to get into Camden for 4pm-ish. What I can do is get there a little earlier and if anyone is interested, go for a quick drink in a cafè or pub? 🤔

Need to think a bit more about this, but if I don't see you all the day before I'm sure I'll see everyone at the gig! 😊

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

My plan for the concert day is to get into Camden for 4pm-ish. What I can do is get there a little earlier and if anyone is interested, go for a quick drink in a cafè or pub? 🤔

If you go there at that time, you're going to meet MFCers who are standing at the concert and queuing and you can talk to them.:wink2:

Edited by Prisca
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Prisca said:

If you go there at that time, you're going to meet MFCers who are standing and queuing and you can talk to them.:wink2:

Yes, I was thinking that too. I'm hoping that we can organise a queuing system amongst ourselves and then I can easily find people 😊

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

I would feel so guilty leaving my Mum in the hotel on her own! 😅

So bring her along! Some will have kids or partners with them, so why not your mum? The more the merrier. :hug:

• Like 3

Id be up for coming along  

I'm planning to get to London about two/three but want to check into the hotel and drop my stuff of first obviously 

I'm saying yes as I'm assuming buy then i'll have money then  

especially since I have sunday free before the concert so can do stuff in the city

Edited by BeccaStardust
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, BeccaStardust said:

I know I don't know anyone but It will be a good way to get to know people 

Don't worry. I didn't know anyone before going to Paris, but I soon met up with people and had the best time. 💓 

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, BeccaStardust said:

Yeah I’m sure I’ll have a great time just need to relax 

Before Paris I was a nervous wreck. I'd never travelled overseas by myself, didn't know anyone, didn't know the city... I had so many nervous episodes, I cried several times including at work which was majorly embarrassing, I stressed so much I actually vomited from nerves. Every day was a battle, the number of times I nearly called it off was crazy. Yet... every time I looked at the suitcase, every time I looked on the forum with the lovely people here, every time the anxiety dropped and I allowed myself to feel happy instead of guilty for doing something for me, it bolstered my resolve. And I am so glad I went. It truly was the best weekend of my life, for the beautiful city, for the fantastic concerts, for Mika, and for the wonderful people I met. To the point where I'm now worrying that future trips will be a disappointment! But I'm sure that's not true. 

All of which is to say that, I understand your anxiety. Its normal to worry. But, look at it this way - you already know London, so you're on familiar ground. You're making plans, which is good. I think we're booked into the same hotel, so hi, knock on my door if you want! I'm sure there'll be some kind of group messaging like a WhatsApp chat for those going, so we can all keep in touch and not miss anything. And if you can, please don't worry about meeting everyone, they really are lovely and we're all there for the same reason. :original: ❤ 

• Like 16

2 hours ago, Hero said:

Before Paris I was a nervous wreck. I'd never travelled overseas by myself, didn't know anyone, didn't know the city... I had so many nervous episodes, I cried several times including at work which was majorly embarrassing, I stressed so much I actually vomited from nerves. Every day was a battle, the number of times I nearly called it off was crazy. Yet... every time I looked at the suitcase, every time I looked on the forum with the lovely people here, every time the anxiety dropped and I allowed myself to feel happy instead of guilty for doing something for me, it bolstered my resolve. And I am so glad I went. It truly was the best weekend of my life, for the beautiful city, for the fantastic concerts, for Mika, and for the wonderful people I met. To the point where I'm now worrying that future trips will be a disappointment! But I'm sure that's not true. 

All of which is to say that, I understand your anxiety. Its normal to worry. But, look at it this way - you already know London, so you're on familiar ground. You're making plans, which is good. I think we're booked into the same hotel, so hi, knock on my door if you want! I'm sure there'll be some kind of group messaging like a WhatsApp chat for those going, so we can all keep in touch and not miss anything. And if you can, please don't worry about meeting everyone, they really are lovely and we're all there for the same reason. :original: ❤ 

Andrea, I had no idea. How brave you are!! Can I just say hat off to you for overcoming that anxiety and showing up, I am in awe by your strength. I give you a huge virtual hug!! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Hero said:

So bring her along! Some will have kids or partners with them, so why not your mum? The more the merrier. :hug:

I definitely would bring her along anyway! I'm gonna still keep an eye on this thread and see what is decided, my Mum might be more inclined to come if it's late evening and maybe not on a boat (she doesn't like boats too much 😅). But if you do decide on a boat but go to a restaurant/bar afterwards then that might be ok to! 😊

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

I definitely would bring her along anyway! I'm gonna still keep an eye on this thread and see what is decided, my Mum might be more inclined to come if it's late evening and maybe not on a boat (she doesn't like boats too much 😅). But if you do decide on a boat but go to a restaurant/bar afterwards then that might be ok to! 😊

We'll see where we end up. I hope to continue the MFC Tour Boat tradition, but if it doesn't pan out, we also have a longstanding tradition of MFC parties, so... :partytime:

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Hero said:

This is once again proof that we worry about things for which there is no reason. :hug:

I am very glad that you came to Paris. :huglove:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Hero said:

You’re so brave ! I totally understand what you’re feeling because I’m very anxious and so shy 🙈 At Paris, I didn’t have any problem because I live here and I had friends with me but if I had to go alone to London, I’m not sure I would have the same courage as you…

It’s the same thing with MFC events, I’m not sure I can go if I’m alone because I’m always afraid of judgment of others and because of my shyness :doh: Even if I know that all the members are very kind ! So it’s good to see that you were able to overcome your fears ❤️ 

Sorry if I made some mistakes in english, I will try to improve for July 😅

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Hero said:

I’m glad you enjoyed especially hearing how nervous you felt and that it made you ill and in sure it’ll be just as fun next time 

this might come across a little mean but I’m just worried about connecting with older fans (which there are a lot of) and not many my age, which I know sounds stupid we all have something in common so it’s not like I’m that akward and I don’t even really care about that it’s just something I think about but also don’t care about if that makes any sense 

also yeah we’re in the same hotel (tho money hasn’t come out ) so thank you for the offer thats really nice 

Edited by BeccaStardust
  • Like 2