POLL! London July 2022: The MFC Tour Boat Continues

dcdeb

THE MFC TOUR BOAT: Thames Edition  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Would You Cruise with MFC on the Thames on 2 July 2022?

• Yes, count me in!
    • It depends on the price.
    • No, I'm not interested in the MFC Tour Boat - I'd rather do something else.

2 hours ago, dcdeb said:

I even considered doing some kind of after-party, but as it's a Sunday night, and London's liquor laws are strict, I think that will be almost impossible.

Mika should throw one for us, as he did in 2008. :mf_rosetinted: Oh, or how about if he rents a pub for us on Saturday evening and joins, like at the pub party? :naughty: I wouldn't mind paying for my drinks myself, but an atmosphere like that would be awesome, with Mika DJing and dancing with us. :mikalove: Maybe we should start a petition for that, instead of for some donkey profile text. :naughty:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, Emily2b said:

Could we do something similar to what we did for the last London show, where we rent out a space and just have some finger food and then possibly have a normal tour boat too separately?😊 Might be a bit cheaper and gives people two different things to go to incase they can't make one😊

This sounds more ideal! 😊

8 hours ago, crazyaboutmika said:

I might not be able to join if I can't get a passport in time :crybaby:

What's going on in France that it takes so long to get a passport? Does everyone want a passport now because it's easier to travel?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Prisca said:

What's going on in France that it takes so long to get a passport? Does everyone want a passport now because it's easier to travel?

Same problem here in the UK, I was going to renew mine but with the extremely long waiting list (and the fact I'm not going abroad this year 🙁), I think I'll wait it out for a few months yet!

• Sad 2

9 hours ago, Prisca said:

I think so. I was told I could have in apppointment in August the earliest :crybaby:I yet have to phone more townhalls but I'm a bit desperate

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Prisca said:

Nobody asked for a new one during the last 2 years even if it was expired .

And probably the "télé working" doesn't help

I've just got mine while I applied in march and had a lot to wait to get an appointment .

@crazyaboutmika I've got the feeling that if you pre register the form online you'll get an appointment sooner

Did you try it ?

Effectuer le renouvellement de votre passeport (ants.gouv.fr)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, carafon said:

Nobody asked for a new one during the last 2 years even if it was expired .

And probably the "télé working" doesn't help

I've just got mine while I applied in march and had a lot to wait to get an appointment .

@crazyaboutmika I've got the feeling that if you pre register the form online you'll get an appointment sooner

Did you try it ?

Effectuer le renouvellement de votre passeport (ants.gouv.fr)

Thank you :hug: On Friday I bought the stamp and filled everything online. But the townhalls don't give appointments until August and only one of them accepted to put me on a waiting list by writing an e mail with my plane ticket. So I bought a plane ticket and I e mailed them but I still have no answer. You have to have the appointment for finger prints which is the part that can't be done online..  Without brexit I would have been able to use my ID which is up to date but I didn't think I would need a passport for England :doh:

• Sad 2

36 minutes ago, crazyaboutmika said:

Thank you :hug: On Friday I bought the stamp and filled everything online. But the townhalls don't give appointments until August and only one of them accepted to put me on a waiting list by writing an e mail with my plane ticket. So I bought a plane ticket and I e mailed them but I still have no answer. You have to have the appointment for finger prints which is the part that can't be done online..  Without brexit I would have been able to use my ID which is up to date but I didn't think I would need a passport for England :doh:

Can't you find a place in another town ?

I'd be able to have mine earlier while going outside my place but I didn't because i was not in a rush

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, crazyaboutmika said:

Yeah, that's probably part of the problem. Many people didn't think about it that they need now a passport for England...

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Prisca said:

Yeah, that's probably part of the problem. Many people didn't think about it that they need now a passport for England...

Yes and also people didn't want to spend money for passports they wouldn't have been able to use since they are only valid for five years and everything was so uncertain due to covid regulations changing all the

time 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, crazyaboutmika said:

Yes and also people didn't want to spend money for passports they wouldn't have been able to use since they are only valid for five years and everything was so uncertain due to covid regulations changing all the

time 

Only five years? :o

Wow!

32 minutes ago, carafon said:

Can't you find a place in another town ?

I'd be able to have mine earlier while going outside my place but I didn't because i was not in a rush

I have called many townhalls already  but I will phone more tomorrow. 

On 4/27/2022 at 3:01 PM, Prisca said:

Only five years? :o

Wow!

Passports used to be valid for ten years for one person only and five years if you added your children on them. But now that's five years for one person. I had one when I was 18 as I spent a year in Oklahoma and got another one made to visit my host family with my husband and children some time after 9 11...so that was long ago...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, crazyaboutmika said:

Passports used to be valid for ten years for one person only and five years if you added your children on them. But now that's five years for one person. I had one when I was 18 as I spent a year in Oklahoma and got another one made to visit my host family with my husband and children some time after 9 11...so that was long ago...

I've just got my new one and it's valid for 10 years

Edited by carafon
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

OK, guys. I know it's hard to commit when you don't know what you're committing to, but I have a real dilemma here.

All of the places I'm contacting want to know how many will be in our group, before they quote me a price -- the number of people determines the size of the space and how much food we'll need.

And of course, the less expensive the price is, the more people we'll have who will be wanting to come.

So it's a real Catch-22. (That's what we call it in the US -- not sure what the equivalent is for others.)

I have found a couple places near the Roundhouse -- one can accommodate up to 60 of us, another up to 70.

If we have more than that, then I need to look elsewhere.

I guess what I'm looking for right now is a price point that everyone is comfortable with. What would you be willing to pay per person for a drinks party with finger food at a pub? £10/person? £20/person? £30/person?

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

I guess what I'm looking for right now is a price point that everyone is comfortable with. What would you be willing to pay per person for a drinks party with finger food at a pub? £10/person? £20/person? £30/person?

I guess I'd be willing to pay about £20. :dunno_grin:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

OK, guys. I know it's hard to commit when you don't know what you're committing to, but I have a real dilemma here.

All of the places I'm contacting want to know how many will be in our group, before they quote me a price -- the number of people determines the size of the space and how much food we'll need.

And of course, the less expensive the price is, the more people we'll have who will be wanting to come.

So it's a real Catch-22. (That's what we call it in the US -- not sure what the equivalent is for others.)

I have found a couple places near the Roundhouse -- one can accommodate up to 60 of us, another up to 70.

If we have more than that, then I need to look elsewhere.

Hi 

first we say catch 22 here or at least I know of the saying.

for me £20 - £30 is probably my limit maybe a bit more,