POLL! London July 2022: The MFC Tour Boat Continues

dcdeb

THE MFC TOUR BOAT: Thames Edition  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Would You Cruise with MFC on the Thames on 2 July 2022?

• Yes, count me in!
    • It depends on the price.
    • No, I'm not interested in the MFC Tour Boat - I'd rather do something else.

I might be wrong but I think the issue with the dinner cruise is that we can’t book it for just ourselves and there will be other on board but maybe with enough people we could 

part of the reason I had a quick look at the party boats (tho now relise they arnt feesable )

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone

What a good idea 👍🏻yes !

I have answered « it depends on the price » but this is not the true reason

I have another gig from another artist postponed on that day

but, if there is a party or a tour on the 2nd, I wish I could go to London instead 😉

I was so hesitating 🤔 to go or not to go to London

The other artist is doîng another gig on the 3rd of July in France and I have tickets too 😉 so… what shall I do ?

gosh my husband is going to kill me 😅😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, Sweetieval said:

Hello everyone

What a good idea 👍🏻yes !

but, if there is a party or a tour on the 2nd, I wish I could go to London instead 😉

The other artist is doîng another gig on the 3rd of July in France and I have tickets too 😉 so… what shall I do ?

You know what to do. Come and join us in London! It won't be cold, take it from bare arm girl. 😅

• Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Sweetieval said:

Hello everyone

What a good idea 👍🏻yes !

Easy, Valerie! Come to London!! Erik will be there, too :wink2:

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Sweetieval said:

Hello everyone

What a good idea 👍🏻yes !

In my opinion it depends how much the other gig was and how much you’d be losing if you didn’t go 

but that’s my opinion 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Sweetieval said:

Hello everyone

What a good idea 👍🏻yes !

If you're going to London , I'll try my best to go too :yay:

• Like 3

On 2/3/2022 at 7:13 PM, Hero said:

You know what to do. Come and join us in London! It won't be cold, take it from bare arm girl. 😅

On 2/3/2022 at 7:29 PM, holdingyourdrink said:

Easy, Valerie! Come to London!! Erik will be there, too :wink2:

On 2/3/2022 at 7:36 PM, BeccaStardust said:

In my opinion it depends how much the other gig was and how much you’d be losing if you didn’t go 

but that’s my opinion 

11 hours ago, carafon said:

If you're going to London , I'll try my best to go too :yay:

OMG all of you are so so tempting me 😂😂😂

Well the other gig is for a very big French band (Indochine) who was 40 years in 2021, I will easily resale my ticket and my parking ticket… that is just an hour from Home 😉

Fortunately I had tickets for 2nd and 3rd July…

Well, maybe I will stay in Lille and catch a Eurostar to London 🤭🤭 

BUT… now… there is the italian tour in September/October and I wish I was going back to Roma for many many years now… my birthday is October 9th so… 

So I have already chosen  my very expensive birthday’s gift 😂😂 

Well… London…Roma it sounds perfect ahahah 😅😌😅😂😂

Really hope to meet you all 🥰🥰

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Sweetieval said:

OMG all of you are so so tempting me 😂😂😂

Well the other gig is for a very big French band (Indochine) who was 40 years in 2021, I will easily resale my ticket and my parking ticket… that is just an hour from Home 😉

Fortunately I had tickets for 2nd and 3rd July…

Well, maybe I will stay in Lille and catch a Eurostar to London 🤭🤭 

BUT… now… there is the italian tour in September/October and I wish I was going back to Roma for many many years now… my birthday is October 9th so… 

So I have already chosen  my very expensive birthday’s gift 😂😂 

Well… London…Roma it sounds perfect ahahah 😅😌😅😂😂

Really hope to meet you all 🥰🥰

Come to London yes :hug:

• 2 months later...

OK, it's time to start getting serious about this, if we're going to do it!

I'm taking a preliminary look at Thames River cruises, including dinner cruises.

In the poll above, only about 30-some people said they were definitely interested. There are at least 80 who have RSVP'ed on the calendar... so, my question is this. Well, I have several questions, actually.

Should we seriously look into a dinner cruise?

What do you think is the limit for how much you'd be willing to pay? I'm assuming for a full dinner, it's going to be £50 minimum.

I think if we have nearly 100 people we might be able to get our own boat as we did in Paris, but I have to see.

Failing the dinner cruise, we could do just a cruise and then dinner/drinks party somewhere closer to the venue. Mika's team has suggested a few places to me.

Let's get some discussion going about it, so that I know which direction to follow! Thanks!

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

I'm taking a preliminary look at Thames River cruises, including dinner cruises.

In the poll above, only about 30-some people said they were definitely interested. There are at least 80 who have RSVP'ed on the calendar... so, my question is this. Well, I have several questions, actually.

What do you think is the limit for how much you'd be willing to pay? I'm assuming for a full dinner, it's going to be £50 minimum.

I think if we have nearly 100 people we might be able to get our own boat as we did in Paris, but I have to see.

Failing the dinner cruise, we could do just a cruise and then dinner/drinks party somewhere closer to the venue. Mika's team has suggested a few places to me.

Let's get some discussion going about it, so that I know which direction to follow! Thanks!

Thank you Deb for coming back to the subject.

The question is if 30 people interested in the past are still in  or maybe some of them changed their mind - to join the boat trip or to quite because of any reason.

And now when you give a possible price of 50 pounds for a boat meal it may be to much - especially when some of us would like to come with their family members.

But could you consider  checking prices if there are two events:

a boat trip without any meal

a dinner later in the evening.

Some fans will come to London earlier some later.

So according to the budget and the time  they would choose both events or only one.

This is just my thought I had reading your post.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

And now when you give a possible price of 50 pounds for a boat meal it may be to much - especially when some of us would like to come with their family members.

Yeah I'm not willing to pay £100 for me and my Mum to have dinner on a boat.

12 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

With prices going up all over the UK, more so in London, I think only one activity should be chosen too. Personally I'd rather just have a dinner near the venue (more chance that Mika could join, maybe?! 👀  😁).

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

I'm interested in the cruise only. I loved the cruise in Paris and I spent all the time singing and dancing. Can't do that while eating seated at a table. And also it was a lot easier to get to see lots of other fans as we could move on the boat. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

Could we do something similar to what we did for the last London show, where we rent out a space and just have some finger food and then possibly have a normal tour boat too separately?😊 Might be a bit cheaper and gives people two different things to go to incase they can't make one😊

• Like 6

On 2/5/2022 at 8:51 AM, kath said:

I really shouldn’t be reading this thread as it’s just breaking my heart that I can’t be there!

But I can’t help it 🤣

I might not be able to join if I can't get a passport in time :crybaby:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

So according to the budget and the time  they would choose both events or only one.

I think this is a good way to include more people, even if it’s spread out in two groups, then we all get a chance to see eachother and we have the choice which event to go to. 

49 minutes ago, crazyaboutmika said:

I loved the cruise in Paris and I spent all the time singing and dancing. Can't do that while eating seated at a table.

This is very true. The atmosphere on the boat was phenomenal! And we all (at least I do 😉) would like to walk around and talk to different people. This is harder when you are sitting and having dinner. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, dcdeb said:

I'd prefer a party boat like in Paris... maybe it's possible later in the evening, around 9 or 10pm or so, and have dinner together before that somewhere else, for those who are interested? Or the boat in the afternoon... but some MFCers might not arrive before the evening, so I'd prefer an evening event. Not even sure when I'll arrive, I think I've booked an early flight, but I'm getting confused with all my travel plans, lol!

:naughty:

Another reason why I don't like to have dinner on the boat is because my stomach is sensitive to boat trips, and while usually up to an hour is fine, I'm not sure what it's like if I'm supposed to eat something.

• Like 1

I'm happy with either but don't think I'd be able to afford both 

I think I'd prefer the boat trip because it will be easier to meet people in my opinion and walk around I would happily join a dinner too and I know there's a lot of good places in London 

Dinner would also be cheeper in comparison so might be beneficial for more people 

I'm arriving about 3 I think I can't remember now 

I have made plans with a few others in the evening so depending on times I might not be able to but we'll see maybe they will join (they are fans just not that active here ) 

Edited by BeccaStardust
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

This is just my thought I had reading your post.

Yes, I will check pricing for both. I think they also might do drinks and canapes, rather than a full dinner. I've written to a few places to look at multiple alternatives.

41 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Yeah I'm not willing to pay £100 for me and my Mum to have dinner on a boat.

With prices going up all over the UK, more so in London, I think only one activity should be chosen too. Personally I'd rather just have a dinner near the venue (more chance that Mika could join, maybe?! 👀  😁).

You know that I always lobby to have Mika join us, even though I know the chances are slim. But this IS our 15th anniversary year and we're celebrating, so...

10 minutes ago, Emily2b said:

Could we do something similar to what we did for the last London show, where we rent out a space and just have some finger food and then possibly have a normal tour boat too separately?😊 Might be a bit cheaper and gives people two different things to go to incase they can't make one😊

Yes, I'll look at that, too, Emily. Two options might make sense, that way people can choose what works for them.

Ideally, I'd like to do something for FREE that everyone can join in with, but to do something nice usually takes some money, whether it's drinks, or food, or even getting a special space for 100 people. 

I know that no matter what we decide, some people will be left out -- either it will be too expensive, or too early, or too late, or the wrong date... or something. But I really do want to try to include as many people as possible! I even considered doing some kind of after-party, but as it's a Sunday night, and London's liquor laws are strict, I think that will be almost impossible.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The Oldlings have met up for a river cruise to Greenwich a couple of times, which was very enjoyable, and then spent time at Greenwich Market (lots of street food available).  Plus you could go to Greenwich Park and have a picnic, or go to the Royal Observatory and stand on the meridian line O°.

Hiring a boat just for the MFC would I think be very expensive.

• Like 2