POLL! London July 2022: The MFC Tour Boat Continues

dcdeb

THE MFC TOUR BOAT: Thames Edition  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Would You Cruise with MFC on the Thames on 2 July 2022?

• Yes, count me in!
    • It depends on the price.
    • No, I'm not interested in the MFC Tour Boat - I'd rather do something else.

OK, thanks.

I've looked at what we did in 2019. We had about 75 fans and collected £10/person, which included food, but not drinks. (We collected extra for flowers, whatever the individual wanted to contribute.)

VAT was 20% and the service charge was another 12.5%.

I'm going to assume we'll have about the same number of fans, and I'll try to keep the cost between £10 and £20 per person -- that will be just for the space and food, and drinks will be up to the individual.

I've written to several locations near the Roundhouse and several near Kings Cross, since it sounds like a number of you are staying there, and it's just a tube stop or two away from the Roundhouse area. I'll be coming back to you with some options by the end of the week, as long as I can get some more replies!

• Thanks 8

3 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

OK, thanks.

I've looked at what we did in 2019. We had about 75 fans and collected £10/person, which included food, but not drinks. (We collected extra for flowers, whatever the individual wanted to contribute.)

I'm going to assume we'll have about the same number of fans, and I'll try to keep the cost between £10 and £20 per person -- that will be just for the space and food, and drinks will be up to the individual.

I've written to several locations near the Roundhouse and several near Kings Cross, since it sounds like a number of you are staying there, and it's just a tube stop or two away from the Roundhouse area. I'll be coming back to you with some options by the end of the week, as long as I can get some more replies!

Sounds perfect to me! Both price wise and location wise. I am already looking forward to seeing everybody!! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dcdeb said:

OK, guys. I know it's hard to commit when you don't know what you're committing to, but I have a real dilemma here.

All of the places I'm contacting want to know how many will be in our group, before they quote me a price -- the number of people determines the size of the space and how much food we'll need.

And of course, the less expensive the price is, the more people we'll have who will be wanting to come.

So it's a real Catch-22. (That's what we call it in the US -- not sure what the equivalent is for others.)

I have found a couple places near the Roundhouse -- one can accommodate up to 60 of us, another up to 70.

If we have more than that, then I need to look elsewhere.

I guess what I'm looking for right now is a price point that everyone is comfortable with. What would you be willing to pay per person for a drinks party with finger food at a pub? £10/person? £20/person? £30/person?

About £20 is good for me!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

As I don't drink alcohol and I don't eat too much in the evening I think I would pay not more than 20 pounds too.

I also dont really drink (,like one or two maybe ) but I do like my food haha 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

OK, thanks.

Thanks Deb. I've just checked, VAT is still at 20%. (It had dropped, but was recently raised again.)

About £20 would be good for room and food. I could go £30, but for that I'd like us to have at least one drink included, like we had in Paris. (Ohhhh, Paris! Seems so long ago now. Je t'aime, Paris. 🥰🥲)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hero said:

Thanks Deb. I've just checked, VAT is still at 20%. (It had dropped, but was recently raised again.)

About £20 would be good for room and food. I could go £30, but for that I'd like us to have at least one drink included, like we had in Paris. (Ohhhh, Paris! Seems so long ago now. Je t'aime, Paris. 🥰🥲)

Thanks, Andrea. None of the pubs seem to include a drink, but I'm still waiting to hear back from 3 more. Since we have a number of non-drinkers, it might be just as well to leave it at "pay as you go." We'll see!

• Like 3

I reckon "pay as you go" too. My other MFC friend and I have dietary requirements so it might suit us more. But either way, we will join since it will be amazing to meet you all :wub2:

• Like 1

On 4/26/2022 at 9:56 PM, mellody said:

Mika should throw one for us, as he did in 2008. :mf_rosetinted: Oh, or how about if he rents a pub for us on Saturday evening and joins, like at the pub party? :naughty: I wouldn't mind paying for my drinks myself, but an atmosphere like that would be awesome, with Mika DJing and dancing with us. :mikalove: Maybe we should start a petition for that, instead of for some donkey profile text. :naughty:

That would be ideal!!! One can always dream ....  :mikalove:

Spoiler
Spoiler

• Like 2

13 hours ago, dcdeb said:

OK, thanks.

Thank you Deb

If British Airways don't mess with us again, Romy  and me will join you for this special MFC evening with pleasure .We agree with the option 20 £ for drinking or eating or singing or dancing or what kind of party you'll manage to organize  ! :yay:

( Or maybe meeting Mika ? :cloud:)

• Like 4

Hi Deb , I have to wait if I can go to london (depending of work's schedule as usual .....:blink:) but I'll be happy to join and the 20/30 euros budget is ok for me

Edited by carafon
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, carafon said:

Hi Deb , I have to wait if I can go to london (depending of work's schedule as usual .....:blink:) but I'll be happy to join and the 20/30 euros budget is ok for me

I hope you can come! :crossed:

On 5/16/2022 at 11:39 PM, dcdeb said:

OK, thanks.

Hi Deb, I would come with one friend. Price is ok (20-30£.) I think at the end for all of us the most important is to come together and have fun. 
cant waiiiiiiiiiit🥳🥳🥳

• Like 1

I'm still waiting on some info from a few places but I want to have this party figured out before the end of this week -- we're at 40 days now! So stay tuned! It's coming!

On another note, when we celebrated the fan club's 10th anniversary in London, we all got together in St. James's Park, and had a little picnic with cake. There was just a small group of us, and some have wondered whether we couldn't do something like that. I'd be happy to do that, if there's interest -- it would be very informal and for those who didn't want to commit to a party in the evening, it would be open and free of charge. Of course, if the weather is bad, we'd be a bit out of luck, but... it's an option.

I've also looked into possibly taking a group cruise on a Camden Lock canal boat. Cheaper and probably more pleasant that a Thames River cruise. This could be in the afternoon of 2 July before whatever we end up doing in the evening, or even the day after the concert if you're around. If anyone is interested in something like this let me know and we can do a group booking if there are enough of us, if we don't do the picnic, of course. Or am I giving you to many choices? :lol3:

https://www.walkersquay.com/
https://www.londonwaterbus.com/

• Like 9

11 hours ago, dcdeb said:

I'm still waiting on some info from a few places but I want to have this party figured out before the end of this week -- we're at 40 days now! So stay tuned! It's coming!

On another note, when we celebrated the fan club's 10th anniversary in London, we all got together in St. James's Park, and had a little picnic with cake. There was just a small group of us, and some have wondered whether we couldn't do something like that. I'd be happy to do that, if there's interest -- it would be very informal and for those who didn't want to commit to a party in the evening, it would be open and free of charge. Of course, if the weather is bad, we'd be a bit out of luck, but... it's an option.

I've also looked into possibly taking a group cruise on a Camden Lock canal boat. Cheaper and probably more pleasant that a Thames River cruise. This could be in the afternoon of 2 July before whatever we end up doing in the evening, or even the day after the concert if you're around. If anyone is interested in something like this let me know and we can do a group booking if there are enough of us, if we don't do the picnic, of course. Or am I giving you to many choices? :lol3:

https://www.walkersquay.com/
https://www.londonwaterbus.com/

Picnic in St James’s Park sounds nice, weather permitting. Also a cruise on Camden Lock canal is a great idea better than a Thames cruise 👍Any day would suit me 🙂😘

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, pascale_geneva said:

Picnic in St James’s Park sounds nice, weather permitting. Also a cruise on Camden Lock canal is a great idea better than a Thames cruise 👍Any day would suit me 🙂😘

Same for me! And July 2nd and July 4th are both good for me as well, as my plane won’t leave until 8pm on Monday.

• Like 3

I'm only there on the 2nd, so I can only take part that afternoon / evening... if the river cruise is possible as a party boat where we can walk around and listen to music, I don't care if it's on the Thames or on the canal - I want to meet up and party with other MFCers, so it doesn't matter which river. I think if we have a party event in the evening, a picnic in the afternoon would be a good idea, to keep the costs low. Anyway I prefer events where we don't have fixed places, like we would at a dinner or seated sightseeing cruise, you can meet more people if you don't have to stay in the same place all the time. :thumb_yello:

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, mellody said:

I'm only there on the 2nd, so I can only take part that afternoon / evening...

Same, my flight is on Monday morning. But people who are still there on Monday can certainly do something together if they want. The more meetings there are, the more people can be at least at one of them. :original:

• Like 1