Yo Yo - Song and Lyrics Discussion

mellody

I love it :swoon:especially Mika in it :stretcher:

I yet need to watch it on my pc but I already loved it on my phone this morning :fangurl:

All videos with Mika and Andy shooting or editing are always my fav ones :wub2:

Staring at the sun, I love Beirut and Yoyo are so special :mikalove:

The video truly made my day this morning :wub2: 

• Like 2

I have always problems with expressing my feeling. With the videos the problem is that I don't find words to describe what I feel. When I watch the screen hundreds of feelings, reflections,  thoughts, memories come to my head at one moment. It's like a map where you can go in many directions and explore images. So one day I can go through colors, another day with feeling...

Anyway with Yo-Yo I was glued to the screen and the video took me to a long journey full of emotions.

Fore sure we can see different levels of a human being - different colors of outfits. White, black, brown (?) purple, glittering suit.

How we look outside, what we feel inside, the body reactions, meditation to calm your soul, and at the end with the glittering suite is Mika we know from the gigs - when he controls everything.

So this is my long story short  - for the moment :wink2:

• Like 4

13 hours ago, mellody said:

In this post they write "the costumes of a dancing body", so I think @holdingyourdrink is right, the video shows what's happening in the body ... and according to that IG post about the costumes, it might be what happens in the body when you're dancing.

I can't rewatch it now to look for more detsils, it says "video not available" :crybaby: Hope they'll bring it back soon, I want to watch it again!

For now, off to bed.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, mellody said:

he video shows what's happening in the body ... and according to that IG post about the costumes, it might be what happens in the body when you're dancing.

Well it can be about a body while dancing. But I would add that it's about emotions as well. According to Mika the song is about feelings and emotions. So bodies, vains, hearts, eyes and so on  can show what is happening when you feel attracted, when you feel rejected, when you feel like a yo-yo. The whole video vibrates to the heart beat.

And I like at the end when hearts on dancers costumes start to glow, to blink, to be alive again. Mika wears the black suit with sequins which looks like a disco light ball. For me is the meaning of the moment when you are happy again.

And here is the video I managed to save yesterday.

I hope it disappeared from YouTube just for a moment. Maybe they want to make some corrections? It was prepared so quickly.

Edited by Anna Ko Kolkowska
  • Thanks 6

11 hours ago, mellody said:

In this post they write "the costumes of a dancing body", so I think @holdingyourdrink is right, the video shows what's happening in the body ... and according to that IG post about the costumes, it might be what happens in the body when you're dancing.

I can't rewatch it now to look for more detsils, it says "video not available" :crybaby: Hope they'll bring it back soon, I want to watch it again!

For now, off to bed.

"Corpo di ballo" means "corps de ballet", they are speaking about the dancers' costumes, there'no reference to human body, its anatomy or working 😉

• Like 2

I wonder if Mika and his team noticed or know that the video is gone… it might be a copyright issue? Because they didn’t delete the post with the announcement 🤔 

Edited by SilviaM
  • Confused 2

5 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Well it can be about a body while dancing. But I would add that it's about emotions as well. According to Mika the song is about feelings and emotions. So bodies, vains, hearts, eyes and so on  can show what is happening when you feel attracted, when you feel rejected, when you feel like a yo-yo. The whole video vibrates to the heart beat.

And I like at the end when hearts on dancers costumes start to glow, to blink, to be alive again. Mika wears the black suit with sequins which looks like a disco light ball. For me is the meaning of the moment when you are happy again.

And here is the video I managed to save yesterday.

I hope it disappeared from YouTube just for a moment. Maybe they want to make some corrections? It was prepared so quickly.

Bless you Anna  :flowers2: :huglove:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SilviaM said:

I wonder if Mika and his team noticed or know that the video is gone… it may be a copyright issue? Because they didn’t delete the post with the announcement 🤔 

Yeah, that is weird. I was able to watch via YouTube on my phone yesterday, but now when I try to look up the video through Mika's YouTube page on my laptop, it says it's "unavailable." Maybe they did have a few loose ends to tie up with copyright, etc. Or maybe YouTube took it down because it was too sexy...? :teehee: (I don't think this is actually the case - it would be very odd if it were, because there's MUCH more scandalous content out there).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SusanT said:

Mika has just posted an explanation of the Yoyo video on Instagram and FB. He's so imaginative!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CevnPGesYQu/

Mika Yoyo explanation:

mikainstagram

The concept for the new music video for Yo Yo!

I wanted the video to be performance based, full of energy and emotion. All the different dancers with elaborate costumes in the video are known as a 'corpo di ballo'. That means body of dancers. I thought, what if the body of dancers actually represented different parts of my body. You have the eyes, circulation system, nerves, platelets (yes they are platelets and not dancing baby bells - although dancing baby bells would be equally iconic), then you have the heart and the spinal column. As I sing and listen to Yo Yo, you see the effect of the song and the emotions it provokes in me and my body, nervous system, eyes, heartbeat and the blood rushing through my veins.
  • Like 1

On 6/11/2022 at 1:34 PM, zia Giovi said:

"Corpo di ballo" means "corps de ballet", they are speaking about the dancers' costumes, there'no reference to human body, its anatomy or working 😉

1 hour ago, Mikasister said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CevnPGesYQu/

Mika Yoyo explanation:

mikainstagram

The concept for the new music video for Yo Yo!

I wanted the video to be performance based, full of energy and emotion. All the different dancers with elaborate costumes in the video are known as a 'corpo di ballo'. That means body of dancers. I thought, what if the body of dancers actually represented different parts of my body. You have the eyes, circulation system, nerves, platelets (yes they are platelets and not dancing baby bells - although dancing baby bells would be equally iconic), then you have the heart and the spinal column. As I sing and listen to Yo Yo, you see the effect of the song and the emotions it provokes in me and my body, nervous system, eyes, heartbeat and the blood rushing through my veins.

Both was correct in this case. :naughty: Love it that my translation mistake (plus Michelle's initial ideas) actually led in the right direction - and he even refers to this double meaning in his post. :wub2: To me, emotion is part of dancing, or even at the center of it - I don't mean a purely technical dance routine, like a choreography, but dancing from the heart, expressing your emotions by dancing - so although Mika focuses rather on the emotions than on the dancing itself in his description, he also said earlier that Yoyo is for dancing with tears in your eyes, so to me it all feels like one thing, the emotions and the dancing.

Btw, I also found it interesting what he said in the last French interview, that after the MNIMH album, which was very intense and personal, he wanted to show a bit of the energy he has at home in his everyday life, and that's Yoyo. I wonder if that refers to him living in extremes, as he said in the Cosmopolitan interview, or rather to writing songs and making music to express and deal with his emotions. Or maybe both. :dunno_grin: (Unless I translated sth wrong again 🙈)

• Like 2

I'm still not the biggest fan of Yoyo but I have to say that the Indeed performance was probably my favourite so far. It's definitely a song that shines more live and could be fun at concerts, even though I won't listen to it much otherwise.

• Like 1

I love Yoyo, I loved it at Eurovision but I’ve been in Bars/Clubs where it’s been played and it really shines loud and live with other people. If you’re going to see MIKA live you won’t be disappointed I promise you, otherwise sue me for damages <3 ;) 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Twitter

Mika’s new single “Yo Yo” is the perfect song to put on while grabbing a drink with friends this summer!

INSTAGRAM

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cf7I_1Trh5i/

MIKA’s new single “Yo Yo” is the perfect song to put on while grabbing a drink with friends this summer! #MIKA #newmusic #touchtunes

• Like 3