Yo Yo - Song and Lyrics Discussion

mellody

After work yesterday and then I saw my mother, I started singing the chorus  to YOYO on the way home. I hope Mika releases that as a single soon because it does have a beat! 🎼🎶🎵🥁🎹🎸🎤

• Like 4

12 hours ago, MaureenG said:

After work yesterday and then I saw my mother, I started singing the chorus  to YOYO on the way home. I hope Mika releases that as a single soon because it does have a beat! 🎼🎶🎵🥁🎹🎸🎤

Me too! I had to drive for 3 hours today and it was in my head the entire drive!!! It actually got to be a bit much. I need to hear it outside of my own brain SOON. 

• Haha 5

On 4/22/2022 at 1:09 AM, holdingyourdrink said:

I really like it, love the beat. I could instantly dance to it and get lost in the flow of the music.
(Would be so perfect on my running playlist!)

I participated to a 6km run for charity today and can confirm that it's a perfect song for that kind of exercise

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

24 minutes ago, Hero said:

Oh boy. Just had an image of the next fan action. Everyone playing with yoyos. :lol3:

:no:

I can't manage a yoyo - I only get as far as yo :teehee:

People will be knocking each other out, getting the strings tangled - it would be pandemonium :roftl:

• Haha 7

Does not sound like  Mika to me. It's so different from his old songs but if I have to choose between, "Modern Times" and "Yoyo",  I prefer "Yoyo". Anyway, I need to listen to the studio version. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Mikasister said:

Does not sound like  Mika to me. It's so different from his old songs but if I have to choose between, "Modern Times" and "Yoyo",  I prefer "Yoyo". Anyway, I need to listen to the studio version. 

I think it's good that it doesn't sound like his old songs. He cannot turn around his old music. The world is moving forward. And Mika (like we all) as well. 

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

I think it's good that it doesn't sound like his old songs. He cannot turn around his old music. The world is moving forward. And Mika (like we all) as well. 

I agree. Also, I think this song is a great way to pull people in (like a Yo-Yo :biggrin2:) and make them listen to him, so they are open to discover the rest of his music. 

Besides. I really like it, it’s been on repeat ever since! I can’t wait to have it in my playlist so I can just tell it to play in a loop :lol3:

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

I agree. Also, I think this song is a great way to pull people in (like a Yo-Yo :biggrin2:) and make them listen to him, so they are open to discover the rest of his music. 

Besides. I really like it, it’s been on repeat ever since! I can’t wait to have it in my playlist so I can just tell it to play in a loop :lol3:

I do that with the recorded version and free music ap already but I can't wait to loop for the studio version :excite:and I'm wondering about videos to come :wub2: This is so exciting :wootjump:

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, dcdeb said:

279781557_548485376900461_65171916755405

Out 13 May!

pre-save: mika.lnk.to/presave

Hmm, so what's this shape at the bottom? A rainbow? An eye? Both? The Eurovision stage? :dunno_grin: Ah, or maybe it's a yoyo! I guess that's most likely. :lol:

The shape on the top left reminded me of a fountain at first, but I suppose it's a flower, same as the one on the bottom right.

The design makes me think not only of an old computer game, but also of something like this:

1200x1079.jpg

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, mellody said:

The design makes me think not only of an old computer game

I really love the artwork and thought this too!

I thought the image at the top left was an electric plug :facepalm:

1 hour ago, mellody said:

Hmm, so what's this shape at the bottom? A rainbow? An eye? Both? The Eurovision stage? :dunno_grin: Ah, or maybe it's a yoyo! I guess that's most likely. :lol:

The shape on the top left reminded me of a fountain at first, but I suppose it's a flower, same as the one on the bottom right.

35 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

I really love the artwork and thought this too!

I thought the image at the top left was an electric plug :facepalm:

To me, the image in the upper left and lower right looks like the Greek letter Psi.

1200px-Greek_uc_psi.svg.png

Not sure of the significance of that, though.

:dunno_grin:

• Like 3

4 hours ago, dcdeb said:

To me, the image in the upper left and lower right looks like the Greek letter Psi.

1200px-Greek_uc_psi.svg.png

Not sure of the significance of that, though.

:dunno_grin:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psi_(Greek) ... could be any of that, or nothing, or really just a flower. :teehee:

So, that's interesting... he said Yoyo is about resisting heartbreak. Btw love how he leaned towards the camera then and said, that's what most pop songs are about, like he was telling us a secret  - idk why that particular bit of the live felt so special to me, I guess it was the emotion in his voice... well, also where he thanked the people who came to his shows in the US and Canada, I think I just missed this while he's not posting much except for promo stuff, to see how he's feeling about certain things. That makes me feel more connected to him. Anyway, I'm digressing... I'm trying to make sense of how other people toying with your emotions can be resisting to heartbreak. Normally you'd say, don't play with my emotions, but he's saying do play with them? Ok it looks like Mika to turn things around to the opposite of what others would say, lol! I guess it might become clearer when we get the lyrics. I hope he'll release the lyric video along with the song next Friday, so we won't have to guess that much. :naughty:

• Like 4