Hello from USA

LitlLisa

Hello MFC!  Greeting you from Boston in USA. A few weeks ago I was scrolling through my YouTube feed, which starting suggesting videos from The Voice. Eventually YouTube starting suggesting international versions of The Voice and The Voice France popped up. I thought “That  judge looks like Mika” and was pleasantly surprised that it was him. I wondered “What has Mika been up to since 2007?”,  as I loved Life in Cartoon Motion when it came out. Wow has he been up to A LOT!  I’m sad I had missed out all these years but glad to have rediscovered his music!  

After Life in Cartoon Motion came out I had gotten engaged, got married, adopted a dog, had a child and was oblivious to all the amazing music he was putting out.  My daughter is 8 now and she’s also loves Mika!  We’re hoping he comes back to the USA!

• Like 8

Hello @LitlLisaand welcome to the MFC.:welcomeani: You'll find everything about Mika here and better later than never.  But he has 4 more albums. Have you heard them?  There are songs that are an authentic  jewel in addition to the symphonic versions that are amazing. 

Check  this thread and enjoy  some of his songs and live performances. 

:wink2:

• Like 1

20 hours ago, LitlLisa said:

Hello MFC!  Greeting you from Boston in USA. A few weeks ago I was scrolling through my YouTube feed, which starting suggesting videos from The Voice. Eventually YouTube starting suggesting international versions of The Voice and The Voice France popped up. I thought “That  judge looks like Mika” and was pleasantly surprised that it was him. I wondered “What has Mika been up to since 2007?”,  as I loved Life in Cartoon Motion when it came out. Wow has he been up to A LOT!  I’m sad I had missed out all these years but glad to have rediscovered his music!  

After Life in Cartoon Motion came out I had gotten engaged, got married, adopted a dog, had a child and was oblivious to all the amazing music he was putting out.  My daughter is 8 now and she’s also loves Mika!  We’re hoping he comes back to the USA!

Hi Lisa, and welcome! Your story is very similar to mine, in that I loved his first album when it came out but never caught up to what he's been doing since then until recently. I felt sad about missing out at first, especially on the earlier parts of his career, but over the past year I feel like I've made up a little for lost time, with the help of the MFC.  :yes:  I'm on the East Coast too and look forward to the next time Mika comes to our neck of the woods!:cheer:

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

:welcomeani: Welcome to the MFC @LitlLisa

I'm Eriko from Japan.

You know Mika is multilingual, unfortunately most of us don't, but the @Subtitling Team helps us.

Here is a lots of interesting videos with subtitles, hope you enjoy. :bye:

Wow. Thank you for the link to the subtitled threads. MFC members really put in a lot of work to help each other out!!  

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Mikasister said:

Hello @LitlLisaand welcome to the MFC.:welcomeani: You'll find everything about Mika here and better later than never.  But he has 4 more albums. Have you heard them?  There are songs that are an authentic  jewel in addition to the symphonic versions that are amazing. 

Check  this thread and enjoy  some of his songs and live performances. 

:wink2:

I’ve been listening to all 5 albums non stop for the past few weeks!  Love them all! 

• Like 4

On 11/14/2022 at 4:06 AM, LitlLisa said:

I’ve been listening to all 5 albums non stop for the past few weeks!  Love them all! 

So, can you tell us which  are your favorite songs from those albums? 

Edited by Mikasister

:welcomeani: Hi @LitlLisa  I'm Andrea in the UK. I visited Boston earlier this year, it's a lovely city. 😍 

You rediscovered him the same way as me! So many wonderful things to catch up with! 

I have to ask... how litl are you? :lol3:

11 hours ago, Mikasister said:

Dont worry, it's not a trick question! There's no right or wrong answer to this. :naughty: 

15 hours ago, Mikasister said:

Elle Me Dit is my favorite, but I wish I could sing along to more of it!!  My  French classes from high school aren’t much help.  Lol.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi Lisa :bye: and welcome to MFC :hug:

You have a lot to catch up with and that's pretty cool :wub2:

I would recommand Casa Mika (with subs) to you because it is the best TV show ever :wub2:

You can also watch cooking with Mika lives which he did during the lockdown :wub2: and there are many full concerts you can find on youtube :wub2:

Enjoy yourself with us here :group_hug:

and if you need any help around the forum just ask :wink2:

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, LitlLisa said:

Elle Me Dit is my favorite, but I wish I could sing along to more of it!!  My  French classes from high school aren’t much help.  Lol.  

If you practice a lot it might work although even as a French person I find it not easy to sing as it goes very fast.. i do practice at singing Bolero in my car and I got some of it (but not everything yet) 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...