2023 - Mika @ Cheltenham Jazz Festival, UK, 26 April

Mikasister

7 hours ago, Prisca said:

I found that strange too. Not exactly ideal for protecting the ticket from counterfeiting, if you ask me. :dunno_grin:

I'm thinking that if there are 2 people with the same seat, they might check the names to see who's the ticket holder. :dunno_grin: But it's nice that their audience is usually so trustworthy, apparently, that they don't need this. :original:

I'm excited! :excite: I'll be arriving tomorrow in the late evening, together with Michelle and Chiara. See you all there on Wednesday!

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, mellody said:

I'm thinking that if there are 2 people with the same seat, they might check the names to see who's the ticket holder. :dunno_grin:

What if someone has bought a ticket from someone and not their name is on the ticket? :dunno_grin:

At least the reservation number is on the ticket...

I just saw on the Cheltenham website that there are 3 tickets for Mika available again (when I looked earlier today it still said sold out), somewhere in Block 3 and 4 towards the back. If anyone still needs tickets.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Prisca said:

What if someone has bought a ticket from someone and not their name is on the ticket? :dunno_grin:

I guess then they have to prove it some other way... as I said, I suppose their audience was trustworthy so far, otherwise they probably wouldn't do it this way. ;)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Prisca said:

I have emailed them about this, because I had spare tickets to sell. It's no problem that there is a different name on the ticket, it just tells you who the original buyer was. I did offer the person who bought my tickets, to help them if they encounter any problems upon entry, but as it hasn't been needed in the past, I assume it won't be a problem this time.

• Like 2

Hi

myself and my friend, Donna- a first timer!, fly into Bristol from Glasgow at about 2.30 on Wednesday then Make our way to Cheltenham by train. Our guest house is apparently just around the corner from the venue. We will check in then make our way straight there but I’m not sure what time it will be. Would be nice if we were in time to meet up with you all. X 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, kath said:

Hi

myself and my friend, Donna- a first timer!, fly into Bristol from Glasgow at about 2.30 on Wednesday then Make our way to Cheltenham by train. Our guest house is apparently just around the corner from the venue. We will check in then make our way straight there but I’m not sure what time it will be. Would be nice if we were in time to meet up with you all. X 

I'm getting the train from Glasgow about 9am (I'm about 25 miles south really) down to Cheltenham & get there about 3.30. Meeting daughter & a friend who works for the festival. I joked that we could go to The Ivy for dinner, daughter booked it bless her. Told her to un-book it as I will be too nervous to enjoy it :lmfao: 

• Like 2

I wasn't planning to go to this as I completely forgot about it when tickets went on sale and then there were only seats at the very back left but I've just managed to get some decent seats so I will be there after all! Its only an hour drive from my place too so minimal travel stress!

I have no idea what time I will be arriving, possibly around 7, as I've got to finish work first but it will be lovely to see you guys there!!

• Like 9

That’s today 👍🏻😀🎉

So who’s already there ?

I will arrive later than expected but I hope to be there for the opening of the festival at 5.30

See you tonight !

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Gabry74 said:

I'm selling an extra ticket for this evening in Cheltenham!! Row L Seat 1 Section Stalls!! Write me if you are interested!!

SOLD!!!! Thank you!!! :hug:

• Like 1