2024 - Mika @ Choregies d'Orange 2024, Orange, France, 23 June

Prisca

On 1/9/2024 at 5:35 PM, Gael said:

I think I may have gone completely mad. I am already going on several Mika Madness Tours including Lille, Rouen, Rennes and Brest, then Amsterdam and Brussels, then Wolverhampton and London, then Kew, and now Orange too - but who can resist Mika with an orchestra and a choir? A year ago I'd never even heard of him. You'd think 60 was too old to get obsessed with a pop star, but there you are. I've even got posters! Quite quite nuts x

So, Gael, I wonder if your experience of discovering Mika when you were, um, mature, was anything like mine. He performed on the American show “So You Think You Can Dance” in about 2017. I saw it. Not impressed. Then he was on the Ellen show. Saw it. Eh. One of my favorite songs of his (not “Good Wife”) was used in a very important scene of the major US tv series The Good Wife. Made no impression on me at all! Finally, last year, I saw a concert of his on tv, purely by happenstance. Nothing about him rang a bell. It was as if I were seeing him for the first time! But—He crashed into my consciousness and never let go. My life was literally changed. (I describe the experience in my intro post on August 18, “I can't believe I just discovered Mika”, and from the responses, while the particulars differ, it seems a lot lot of folks have had similar journeys! )

So what was it like for you?

For people who can't or don't want to spend that much on the concert in Orange: tickets for the back rows J and K have now gone on sale: general rate 68 euros, reduced visibility 46 euros.

image.thumb.png.1be16c6b4e8195d71a5871d88bcd5fac.png

https://web.digitick.com/mika-philharmonique-festival-theatre-antique-orange-23-juin-2024-css5-choregiesorange-pg101-ri10036673.html

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Prisca said:

For people who can't or don't want to spend that much on the concert in Orange: tickets for the back rows J and K have now gone on sale: general rate 68 euros, reduced visibility 46 euros.

image.thumb.png.1be16c6b4e8195d71a5871d88bcd5fac.png

https://web.digitick.com/mika-philharmonique-festival-theatre-antique-orange-23-juin-2024-css5-choregiesorange-pg101-ri10036673.html

If only they could also reduce the air fares and hotel costs... 🙈😆

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

7 hours ago, Hero said:

If only they could also reduce the air fares and hotel costs... 🙈😆

The days of cheap air fares and inexpensive hotels seem to be over

• Sad 1

• 1 month later...

I feel totally out of the loop that I just learned about this today. I haven’t been checking in enough obviously. 

I want to go so badly. I’ve never been to a symphonic. And this venue! OMG. But alas, a trip to France from Canada doesn’t sound like it’s possible. 😭😭😭😭

If I win the lottery between now and June, I’ll be there!!! 🤞🤞🤞

29 minutes ago, NancylovesM said:

I feel totally out of the loop that I just learned about this today. I haven’t been checking in enough obviously. 

I want to go so badly. I’ve never been to a symphonic. And this venue! OMG. But alas, a trip to France from Canada doesn’t sound like it’s possible. 😭😭😭😭

If I win the lottery between now and June, I’ll be there!!! 🤞🤞🤞

Maybe he'll do it in Canada as well, since he had a symphonic concert there already :wink2:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, krysady said:

Maybe he'll do it in Canada as well, since he had a symphonic concert there already :wink2:

That would be amazing since I missed it in Montreal 🙁

I can only hope. Manifesting starts NOW!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, giraffeandy said:

Those who are going and are not from France, how do you travel? I found quite cheap flights to Lyon which is not the closest airport but it seems it takes "only" about 2,5-3 hours by train... 

Cheap Flixbus to Lyon and then a nice train ride!  :lol3:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, giraffeandy said:

Those who are going and are not from France, how do you travel? I found quite cheap flights to Lyon which is not the closest airport but it seems it takes "only" about 2,5-3 hours by train... 

From the UK, I'll probably travel down to Gatwick or Stansted for a cheap flight direct to Marseille, then get a train into Orange. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, giraffeandy said:

From Japan,

I’m arriving at Paris, then next day heading to Orange by train.

Long long journey, as always. :plane:

Tokyo to Paris  (Duration 14h45)

Tokyo (HND)

Paris (CDG)

---

Paris to Orange  (Duration 3h 40m)
TGV INOUI

Paris Gare De Lyon

Orange

See you there  :pinkbow:

• Like 2

10 hours ago, giraffeandy said:

I'd look for flights to either Lyon or Marseille and then it's a 2-3h train ride from both airports.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, giraffeandy said:

I have no idea how I'll get there, but I have my concert ticket :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

@giraffeandy

I haven't decided for sure yet, but as I prefer trains to planes and want to get enough sleep, I'll probably travel to Strasbourg by train the day before the gig, stay there overnight and travel from Strasbourg to Orange on the gig day. Accomodation in Orange is super expensive, so I'm not planning to stay there longer than necessary.

Maybe you can ask @Prisca what her plans are, she usually travels on a budget as well, so maybe she has some tips or has a place in her car for part of your journey?

• Like 3

I have booked a room in KYRIAD hotel for two nights for 154 EUR from Saturday 22nd to Monday morning 24th of June.

But as Zita proposed me to stay with her in a B&B she booked I can transfer my place.

I can change the guest name on the reservation.

It can be cancelled for free till the 6th of June. After that you have to pay the total. Or rather it will be debited on my credit card.  So if you are interested (100%  sure to come) please DM me.

image.thumb.png.bd49747bfabc75e71ca410829a46ecc1.png

image.thumb.png.5c0ef92cfc9e9f617e8b87ea011af478.png

Btw, does anyone know, what are the conditions of "TARIF JEUNE-28"? I guess you have to be under 28 (27 or less, not 28)? 

I read the general terms and I only found that you can bring your own cushion (not exceeding 30 cm in width)! :teehee: 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

I’m flying to Marseille and will take the train! 
Just a note of caution: the good train connections don’t go until late until the evening (last good connection to Orange from Marseille on the day before leaves shortly before 19h if I’m not mistaking).

Thanks, I need to sort mine! What are you classing as good/not good?

49 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

There seems to be a direct train from Marseille Airport to Orange, that is what I classify as good :lol3: they sell train tickets on the SNCF website, 2 weeks ago (when I booked) they were priced 25.50 EUR one way. 

Ah yes, they're what I'd seen as well. Good!