2024 - Mika @ Choregies d'Orange 2024, Orange, France, 23 June

Prisca

1 hour ago, Hero said:

OMG. I so want to - but is it confirmed? 

Mika confirmed it in an interview. Some people told me that.

If the moderators don't agree that I opened a thread, please delete it.

Edited by Prisca
  • Like 2

• Prisca changed the title to 2024 - Mika @ Coregies d'Orange 2024, Orange, France, 23 June
5 hours ago, Prisca said:

Mika confirmed it in an interview. Some people told me that.

If the moderators don't agree that I opened a thread, please delete it.

I've been told unofficially that this is happening, but they haven't announced it yet. Not sure why. So I guess it's fine to go ahead and consider it "real."

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

I have no idea if I can go, but I bought a ticket, just in case. Philharmonic gig sounds awesome! :wub2: Imagine those new songs in a symphonic arrangement. Je sais que je t'aime :shocked: :swoon: ... I mean, maybe I'll have to skip the 2 UK gigs in exchange for this one, or maybe I can convince my husband that he lets me do both, and Lucca (I think I can skip Carcassonne if I have to) - but this is just too special to miss! :wub2:

I'd love if he added a gig in Nice the day before! I want to visit this beautiful city again, and it's such a long way to travel to Orange, would be fab to have 2 gigs for the travelprice of one, haha! :blush: Or if not Nice, maybe Marseille or Nimes or Montpellier or Cannes or Avignon, I'm not picky. :mf_rosetinted: :teehee:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Chorégies d'Orange

le programme 2024 !

PDF file

https://www.choregies.fr/img/pdf/20231212151022-ap-2024.pdf

page 6

Théâtre antique / Dimanche 23 juin à 21h30

Durée : 1h30

« La musique classique m’a sauvé. »

Mika Avant Life in Cartoon Motion, avant The Origin of Love, avant My Name Is Michael Holbrook, il y a eu Schubert, Brahms, Britten...

Initié par une professeure de chant russe, il est recruté comme choriste à l’Opéra Royal de Londres. À l’âge de 8 ans, Mika a trouvé sa « voix». «Trop mélodique pour la pop, pas assez classique pour le classique», selon ses propres mots, Mika sait qu’il ne sera pas chanteur d’opéra. Alors, comme un agent infiltré réconciliant deux univers, il écrit des chansons qu’il sera le seul à pouvoir chanter.

Après un premier récital au majestueux Opéra royal de Versailles en décembre 2020, puis des performances à la Philharmonie de Paris, Mika découvre pour la première fois les Chorégies d’Orange. Grâce aux arrangements malicieux de Simon Leclerc, la pop star réinvente ses tubes en compagnie de l’Orchestre national AvignonProvence et du Chœur Région Sud dirigé par Michel Piquemal. Plus qu’un retour aux sources, ce concert symphonique est un voyage dans l’histoire intime de son interprète. Un voyage au cours duquel se rencontrent plusieurs genres, plusieurs cultures. Un voyage merveilleux comme seul Mika sait les créer, guidé par sa curiosité et son envie de casser les codes.

Direction musicale Simon Leclerc

Direction chorale Michel Piquema

Orchestre national Avignon-Provence

Chœur Région Sud

20231212151022-ap-2024-p6_.thumb.jpg.4c1af97ee27de9cb191fb5f04a3fd50b.jpg

• Like 3

Chorégies d'Orange

https://www.choregies.fr/programme--2024-06-23--mika-philharmonique--en.html

Mika Philharmonic

SUNDAY 23RD JUNE / 21h30

Roman Theater

Duration : 1h30

Mika

CONDUCTOR Simon Leclerc

CHORAL CONDUCTING Michel Piquemal

Orchestre national Avignon-Provence

Choeur Région Sud

Before Life in Cartoon Motion, before The Origin of Love, before My Name Is Michael Holbrook, there was Schubert, Brahms, Britten... Introduced to singing by a Russian singing teacher, he was recruited as a chorister at the Royal Opera House in London. By the age of 8, Mika had found his "voice". "Too melodic for pop, not classical enough for classical", in his own words, Mika knew he wasn't going to be an opera singer. So, like an undercover agent reconciling two worlds, he wrote songs that only he could sing.

After a first recital at the majestic Opéra royal de Versailles in December 2020, followed by performances at the Philharmonie de Paris, Mika is discovering the Chorégies d'Orange for the first time. Thanks to Simon Leclerc's mischievous arrangements, the pop star reinvents his hits in the company of the Orchestre National Avignon-Provence and the Choeur Région Sud conducted by Michel Piquemal. More than a return to his roots, this symphonic concert is a journey into the intimate history of his performer. A journey where different genres and cultures meet. A marvellous journey that only Mika knows how to create, guided by his curiosity and his desire to break with codes.

MikaPhilharmonic2024.thumb.jpg.382c273d95ba6775e36dee383a701ba4.jpg

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

I think I may have gone completely mad. I am already going on several Mika Madness Tours including Lille, Rouen, Rennes and Brest, then Amsterdam and Brussels, then Wolverhampton and London, then Kew, and now Orange too - but who can resist Mika with an orchestra and a choir? A year ago I'd never even heard of him. You'd think 60 was too old to get obsessed with a pop star, but there you are. I've even got posters! Quite quite nuts x

• Like 10

6 minutes ago, Gael said:

I think I may have gone completely mad. I am already going on several Mika Madness Tours including Lille, Rouen, Rennes and Brest, then Amsterdam and Brussels, then Wolverhampton and London, then Kew, and now Orange too - but who can resist Mika with an orchestra and a choir? A year ago I'd never even heard of him. You'd think 60 was too old to get obsessed with a pop star, but there you are. I've even got posters! Quite quite nuts x

I can promise you there are plenty of older fans around.  Talent can be appreciated at any age. 

You might like to introduce yourself here:

https://www.mikafanclub.com/forum/5-introductions/

• Like 5

• dcdeb changed the title to 2024 - Mika @ Choregies d'Orange 2024, Orange, France, 23 June
11 hours ago, Gael said:

Welcome to MFC :huglove: Glad you found Mika :mikalove:

Age doesn't matter in Mikaland :thumb_yello: I will be in Brest and Rennes too :wink2: then Carcassonne and Roi Arthur festival. I fell under Mika's spell in 2007 when I was forty so I'm now fifty six but in my head I'm 14 or 16. My knees don't always agree but I try to ignore them the best I can :lmfao:Enjoy the tour :wub2:

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Like 2

On 12/18/2023 at 10:23 PM, SusanT said:

How I wish I could go!  But on June 24th it is about 95% certain that I'll be involved in school-leaving exams. :sad:

Try to find out. There is still a 5% chance :crossed: 

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, crazyaboutmika said:

Try to find out. There is still a 5% chance :crossed: 

Unfortunately I won't know until June 17, the day  when Italian high school exam commissions begin their work.

10 minutes ago, SusanT said:

Unfortunately I won't know until June 17, the day  when Italian high school exam commissions begin their work.

Did you buy a ticket though? I’m sure you can hold onto it until then. In case you can’t go, you can probably sell it: there are always people looking for tickets a few days before the concert. 

14 hours ago, Gael said:

This sounds perfectly normal to me :biggrin2: (see, it’s all about perspective!), but I think you have found the right kind of people to share the nuttiness with :wink2:

Edited by holdingyourdrink
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Did you buy a ticket though? I’m sure you can hold onto it until then. In case you can’t go, you can probably sell it: there are always people looking for tickets a few days before the concert. 

No, I haven't bought a ticket. I think it's likely I would be able to sell it if I had a good seat, but having to fly from southern Italy further complicates the picture.

Anyway, I'm glad I'll see Mika in Lucca (though it's a different kind of show).

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, mellody said:

IG reel by choregies

Good if they do promo. :thumb_yello:

I have a ticket for the Orangerie that I'd like to sell. :lol3:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/10/2024 at 4:58 AM, crazyaboutmika said:

Welcome to MFC :huglove: Glad you found Mika :mikalove:

Age doesn't matter in Mikaland :thumb_yello: I will be in Brest and Rennes too :wink2: then Carcassonne and Roi Arthur festival. I fell under Mika's spell in 2007 when I was forty so I'm now fifty six but in my head I'm 14 or 16. My knees don't always agree but I try to ignore them the best I can :lmfao:Enjoy the tour :wub2:

74. Got ensnared by the magic last June.

Edited by QueenBigFat
  • Like 2