Boum Boum Boum Video Out 7/7/14!

dcdeb

It's really great. I do have high hopes for the video.

:thumb_yello: Yes, so do I - this is just the beginning!! A "music friend" of mine - was told by me to watch the BBB video, because he's insane interested, and knows SO much about films. I was curious about his opinion - and he responded that this vid. was EXCITING, and the song was really catchy, because it got stucked in his head after just one listening, which should be a very good and reliable sign! So I'm excited about the development for this great vid.! :wub2:

And btw, me, my friend and hubby experienced Bob Dylan live in concert, in my hometown, for the first time - last Sat. night. :blush-anim-cl: It was a great, and quite special, concert - I suppose it will be my first and last with this music legend. And I have to say, together with ABBA: "Thank you for the music, for giving it to me" ...:fisch::wub2:

Love,love

me

:thumb_yello: Yes, so do I - this is just the beginning!! A "music friend" of mine - was told by me to watch the BBB video, because he's insane interested, and knows SO much about films. I was curious about his opinion - and he responded that this vid. was EXCITING, and the song was really catchy, because it got stucked in his head after just one listening, which should be a very good and reliable sign! So I'm excited about the development for this great vid.! :wub2:

And btw, me, my friend and hubby experienced Bob Dylan live in concert, in my hometown, for the first time - last Sat. night. :blush-anim-cl: It was a great, and quite special, concert - I suppose it will be my first and last with this music legend. And I have to say, together with ABBA: "Thank you for the music, for giving it to me" ...:fisch::wub2:

Love,love

me

I think film buffs will love the video, because it's such a tribute. It doesn't make fun of the genres, but at the same time, it's tongue-in-cheek and not too serious. In other words, it's a lot of fun, without being stupid or disrespectful.

I remember ABBA winning Eurovision and not being very impressed. But that soon changed as they had more hits. I loved them in the 70s. Bob Dylan is a legend. I'm glad you got to see him.

The first time I heard the song, I don't like it.

Now I love it...I'm addicted to it :)

I love the video, since the first time I watched it.

Can somone explain to me all the movies involved and all the little things that just a movi buff can catch?

Thank you

The first time I heard the song, I don't like it.

Now I love it...I'm addicted to it :)

I love the video, since the first time I watched it.

Can somone explain to me all the movies involved and all the little things that just a movi buff can catch?

Thank you

at the beginning the cowboy-dressed Mika is in a graveyard, and that's for sure a reference to "The good, the bad, the ugly".

When he's leaning against the tree holding the girl he's probably recalling "Barry

Lyndon", but I'm not sure if there's a specific scene showing the same situation. And I'm not going to watch Barry Lyndon again just to check, that movie lasts three hours and something! :shocked:

Never watched a James Bond movie, so I stop here

at the beginning the cowboy-dressed Mika is in a graveyard, and that's for sure a reference to "The good, the bad, the ugly".

When he's leaning against the tree holding the girl he's probably recalling "Barry

Lyndon", but I'm not sure if there's a specific scene showing the same situation. And I'm not going to watch Barry Lyndon again just to check, that movie lasts three hours and something! :shocked:

Thank you! I've recently watched Barry Lyndon, but I' ve not linked that scenes to the movie, I think you're right! I'm probably going to watch Barry Lyndon again just to check...and I will tell you ;)

About "The good, the bad, the ugly" Mika said in a post that the scene was shot on the original movie set! Me too, never watched James Bond movie...somone can help us, telling somenthing more about James Bond tribute in tjhe video?

As concerning arabian-dressed Mika is Lawrence of Arabia?

Thank you! I've recently watched Barry Lyndon, but I' ve not linked that scenes to the movie, I think you're right! I'm probably going to watch Barry Lyndon again just to check...and I will tell you ;)

About "The good, the bad, the ugly" Mika said in a post that the scene was shot on the original movie set! Me too, never watched James Bond movie...somone can help us, telling somenthing more about James Bond tribute in tjhe video?

Well, I watched the early James Bond movies, but not anymore. I found they all blended into each other. Basically...

They depict JB as having an opulent lifestyle. He drinks Martini, shaken, not stirred.

There are always beautiful girls, whom he always manages to seduce. But he's not romantic, especially in the early films. He kind-of thinks he has a right to sleep with the women. He doesn't woo them. He just has sex. This is why I can't stand the character.

I do think Mika gets it right. He maintains his cool and aloofness while making the girl simmer. Then when the action starts, he leaves the girl without a second thought. Typical Bond.

Someone else may have more to say, but that's my two cents.

Parts of the Bond scenes are based on Dr. No, when the girl is walking along the beach wearing a bikini like Ursula Andress. I guess they had to forward to the more modern pool scenes since none of these other time periods would facilitate Mika flogging 21st century watches, phones and trainers. :mf_rosetinted:

[YOUTUBE]AZ6mOC4uSX4[/YOUTUBE]

Well, I watched the early James Bond movies, but not anymore. I found they all blended into each other. Basically...

They depict JB as having an opulent lifestyle. He drinks Martini, shaken, not stirred.

There are always beautiful girls, whom he always manages to seduce. But he's not romantic, especially in the early films. He kind-of thinks he has a right to sleep with the women. He doesn't woo them. He just has sex. This is why I can't stand the character.

I do think Mika gets it right. He maintains his cool and aloofness while making the girl simmer. Then when the action starts, he leaves the girl without a second thought. Typical Bond.

Someone else may have more to say, but that's my two cents.

Thank you Marlyn for your answer! How do you think the video and the lyrics are linked? I love both, but I can't find how the are part of the same song!

I don't remember a specific scene in Barry Lyndon where he was sitting in a forest with a girl, but the clothes are right. :wub2: And in the movie, he shoots a guy in a duel and then goes on the run, joining the army for a while, so that fits.

So it's the same set as The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly . . . does it look the same, though? I mean, if I watched that movie, would I see the town and recognize it?

I just watched Lawrence of Arabia last week. It's about a British soldier who gets various Arabian tribes to unite and fight against the Turks. I'm not sure really what's going on in these scenes in the video, but it looks right.

Is anybody familiar with film noir? I know the tropes, tough detectives, glamorous women, dramatic lighting like coming through window blinds . . . but I can't remember actually watching any of the movies so I don't know if there's a specific one being referenced.

I don't remember a specific scene in Barry Lyndon where he was sitting in a forest with a girl, but the clothes are right. :wub2: And in the movie, he shoots a guy in a duel and then goes on the run, joining the army for a while, so that fits.

So it's the same set as The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly . . . does it look the same, though? I mean, if I watched that movie, would I see the town and recognize it?

I just watched Lawrence of Arabia last week. It's about a British soldier who gets various Arabian tribes to unite and fight against the Turks. I'm not sure really what's going on in these scenes in the video, but it looks right.

Is anybody familiar with film noir? I know the tropes, tough detectives, glamorous women, dramatic lighting like coming through window blinds . . . but I can't remember actually watching any of the movies so I don't know if there's a specific one being referenced.

I think the Barry Lyndon reference fits better to the duel scene, actually. :thumb_yello:

And I'm not a movie buff but the black and white part with the blonde woman smoking reminds me of Humphrey Bogart movies. I don't know why, maybe i'm completely wrong.

And about The Good, the bad and the ugly: I've never watched that movie, but the set is the same and is even open to tourists. Loads of movies were shot there in the 70s, and the set is still used for ADs, TV series and music videos so it has obviously underwent a lot of changes, but when I was there with my husband he was able recognize those places. I think he took pictures of every single grain of sand :naughty:

On Charts in France website they say that the BBB video is climbing TV charts and is #19 now (+21!). Perhaps number 1 in the future!

"L'artiste à surveiller, c'est incontestablement MIKA. Le clip de son nouveau morceau "Boum Boum Boum" continue de prendre de la hauteur et termine sa course à la 19ème place cette semaine (+21). Sera-t-il le prochain numéro un ?"

http://www.chartsinfrance.net/actualite/news-93023.html

I LOVE Mika's new video!!!!!!!

I made another video just for fun -- to show you're never too old to Boum Boum Boum...

Enjoy! And Big Love from Boston...

f9118e64-23b2-43b2-a781-8c17f618b812_zpsee986c7e.jpg

Where did you get this video footage of me?

(Love that bit of 'Harold and Maude' in there, btw... )

Where did you get this video footage of me?

(Love that bit of 'Harold and Maude' in there, btw... )

Hi Kezza!

Happy you enjoyed the footage of you in there! :wink2:

And happy you liked the Harold & Maude scene too -- I love that film...

Here's an alternate 'unplugged' version of IF YOU WANT TO SING OUT, SING OUT from the movie for you -- enjoy!

f9118e64-23b2-43b2-a781-8c17f618b812_zpsee986c7e.jpg

On Charts in France website they say that the BBB video is climbing TV charts and is #19 now (+21!). Perhaps number 1 in the future!

"L'artiste à surveiller, c'est incontestablement MIKA. Le clip de son nouveau morceau "Boum Boum Boum" continue de prendre de la hauteur et termine sa course à la 19ème place cette semaine (+21). Sera-t-il le prochain numéro un ?"

That's good news. It would be even better if it was the UK charts.

Great, thanks for posting! :thumb_yello: I've seen the video on TV this week only for the 1st time, but looks like I'll see more of it in the future.

A bit off topic but I've just checked iTunes and BBB is actually #22, and #9 for pop songs. I'm pleasantly surprised as we don't hear it much on the radio!