MIKA @ Sadlers Wells, London - June 8 2009 - Gig Reports, Photos & Videos

Blue Sky

Is that what happened last night? :shocked: The same as in Milan? :boxed:

also happened in Amsterdam, most mfc'ers were at the end of the line and the hysterical fans were schreaming at the front of the line. But when they got their time and talked to mika they walked to the end of the line and started to scream at Mika again :boxed:

When he took a grouppicture, there were about 10/15 people around him but when other people saw what happened they freaked out and started to push everyone to get on the picture :boxed:

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, in Milan maybe was made another mistake: Mika arrived about at 5 PM and he was in hurry because he had to make the soundcheck. There were some girls there (me included and some MFC fans) but also other people and he said something like that "sorry, I can't stay now but I will come back after the show to sign autographs" I think that created a lot of enthusiasm on people and someone got too excited...and those are the results :shocked: no way to speak with Mika....danger for him....and everything...
you're right Sara, he shouldn't have said that

I want to know about last night! :hair:

pls be patient Laura you'll get to know every tiniest detail very soon! :wink2:

I want to know about last night! :hair:

Sariflor said it was good not to have to queue. Rose said when she arrived there were 100 other MFCers already there. :naughty:

Not sure on how many people were there all up.

And, there was an M&G. Cazgirl finally got to meet Mika.

*high 5's Caz* :thumb_yello:

Well, in Milan maybe was made another mistake: Mika arrived about at 5 PM and he was in hurry because he had to make the soundcheck. There were some girls there (me included and some MFC fans) but also other people and he said something like that "sorry, I can't stay now but I will come back after the show to sign autographs" I think that created a lot of enthusiasm on people and someone got too excited...and those are the results :shocked: no way to speak with Mika....danger for him....and everything...

:boxed:

It's good people are enthusiastic. And most people are restrained or speechless.. But there's always people who aren't. :annoyed_h4h:

I didn't actually get to say goodbye to any of them, Christine, Mana, Fred, the only one was dcdeb, I stayed till Mika went then I talked to m. th for a while, didn't see any of them go.

I agree with the others, the stage invasions are getting a bit silly and there were a few of us in front of the stage who couldn't or didn't want to get up and you do get bashed a bit.

So true. It would only work safely for ALL concerned if it was a limited amount of people. But, at the end of the night, everyone, including Mika, goes a bit crazy..

I wonder how many would actually get up on stage at the very start of the show. :roftl:

It's good people are enthusiastic. And most people are restrained or speechless.. But there's always people who aren't. :annoyed_h4h:

I agree, in fact I was happy to see a LOT of people after the gig waiting for Mika!But, as you said, there are always people who are TOO entusiastic and some are also rude :sneaky2: and I'm scared he'll have to give up to sign autographs after the show if everytime there are problems :tears:

When the crowd goes wild, it's difficult to restrain them. :boxed:

They should choose people beforehand, but it wouldn't be fair for the other fans who are left out!

It most def is... In brussels, when there were like 3 people on stage it was okay, but all of a sudden everyone rushed on stage and security really freaked out... They were screaming no at Mika who gestured people to come on stage and tried to keep people off the stage but that was totally impossible... There were like 2 security guys I saw standing on stage talking in their walkie talkies and thingies. But since it wasn't that hectic on stage they calmed down a bit and let it happen.

But idd, it's almost impossible to control these kinds of things.

maybe mika thinks, as it's the small acoustic gigs now, the stage invasion wouldn't be that mad as in big concerts. or he thinks, people didn't invade the stage during the first hour of the gig, though it's only a few steps away, so they know how to behave. whatever, i think he's lucky that so far no one has been hurt, and as long as it stays like this, he'll probably keep doing it. obviously it's not a big problem for him that people keep grabbing at him, or at least he's willing to give that sacrifice for giving his fans the chance to be on stage with him. or maybe he likes it, a kind of danger, like others doing bungee jumping. :roftl:

It most def is... In brussels, when there were like 3 people on stage it was okay, but all of a sudden everyone rushed on stage and security really freaked out... They were screaming no at Mika who gestured people to come on stage and tried to keep people off the stage but that was totally impossible... There were like 2 security guys I saw standing on stage talking in their walkie talkies and thingies. But since it wasn't that hectic on stage they calmed down a bit and let it happen.

But idd, it's almost impossible to control these kinds of things.

But in Brussels everyone behaved. We were all very enthousiastic, but I don't think anyone grabbed him. Or did they?

And the m&g afterwards was very serene and Mika took his time with everybody :wink2:

maybe mika thinks, as it's the small acoustic gigs now, the stage invasion wouldn't be that mad as in big concerts. or he thinks, people didn't invade the stage during the first hour of the gig, though it's only a few steps away, so they know how to behave. whatever, i think he's lucky that so far no one has been hurt, and as long as it stays like this, he'll probably keep doing it. obviously it's not a big problem for him that people keep grabbing at him, or at least he's willing to give that sacrifice for giving his fans the chance to be on stage with him. or maybe he likes it, a kind of danger, like others doing bungee jumping. :roftl:

:roftl: I can totally see mika be a of the danger loving kind.

So true. It would only work safely for ALL concerned if it was a limited amount of people. But, at the end of the night, everyone, including Mika, goes a bit crazy..

I wonder how many would actually get up on stage at the very start of the show. :roftl:

Aurelian and Mana probably.......

he said he wasn't going to sign and someone thrust pen at him and he started signing

Name and shame time........

................it was Daz :biggrin2: !!

They announced just before MIKA came out that he would be walking along the line to say "hi" to everyone, but that he would not be posing for photographs or signing things. We were about 10th in the queue just behind Daz, who asked VERY POLITELY if he would mind signing his EP/ Book. MIKA screwed up his face in a "Well I'm not really supposed to be doing that" kind of way but after deliberating for all of half a second he gave a huge smile and said "Oh, go on then" He then kept Daz's pen and continued on down the line. I have to say I was very impressed with the meet-n-greet, and I have nothing but respect for MIKA and his management for arranging this when in truth they would probably all just like to get away after a job well done. It would be very easy for him to be ushered into a car without talking to anyone (like many other artists) but it says alot about him that he doesn't.

The gig itself was very impressive, his songs lend themselves really well to acoustic gigs.

It was also lovely to meet so many new faces from the MFC as well as seeing some good friends again.

All in all a great night :biggrin2:

Aurelian and Mana probably.......

Mana would kick Cherisse off the drums, and Aurelien would steal Mika's microphone..

Hey that would be worth seeing. :naughty:

I didn't actually get to say goodbye to any of them, Christine, Mana, Fred, the only one was dcdeb, I stayed till Mika went then I talked to m. th for a while, didn't see any of them go.

I agree with the others, the stage invasions are getting a bit silly and there were a few of us in front of the stage who couldn't or didn't want to get up and you do get bashed a bit.

Hehe, I tried but I couldn't get up!:roftl:

The stage was very high, same height as my shoulders and I can’t climb so high,( next time I should maybe bring a ladder):naughty: it was slippery too from all the silver glitter!

But it was still nice to see all the happy people on stage!:wub2:

They announced just before MIKA came out that he would be walking along the line to say "hi" to everyone, but that he would not be posing for photographs or signing things. We were about 10th in the queue just behind Daz, who asked VERY POLITELY if he would mind signing his EP/ Book. MIKA screwed up his face in a "Well I'm not really supposed to be doing that" kind of way but after deliberating for all of half a second he gave a huge smile and said "Oh, go on then" He then kept Daz's pen and continued on down the line. I have to say I was very impressed with the meet-n-greet, and I have nothing but respect for MIKA and his management for arranging this when in truth they would probably all just like to get away after a job well done. It would be very easy for him to be ushered into a car without talking to anyone (like many other artists) but it says alot about him that he doesn't.

The gig itself was very impressive, his songs lend themselves really well to acoustic gigs.

It was also lovely to meet so many new faces from the MFC as well as seeing some good friends again.

All in all a great night :biggrin2:

Great to see your report Kev! And did you and Jules get to chat to Brian May???:wink2:

Morning All

Rose said I could post this pic from last night

picture.php?albumid=38&pictureid=3214

Yayness! Thank you!

a few bits from leators report on the german forum:

- obviously they had technical difficulties with the sound system

- when mika got "any other world" wrong, he said (according to leator): I'm such a motherf***er... I really said motherf***er, didn't I? Well.... f***

- seems like some fans were quite rude during the stage invasion, pushing mika in a corner and grabbing at him. leator said that, when mika left the stage, he looked quite unhappy.

Rude people :annoyed_h4h:

Don't blame him for being pissy one bit! I would be!

I appreciate that. I wonder why you didn't get an update from the people who told you that. (Caz? Fred?) Didn't they realise you would be worrying about the comment?

I don't know... I'm sure they didn't mean to make us worry... no doubt they were tired and/or drunk...

they should allow less people to go on stage

If Mika is being crowded into a corner, then maybe he shouldn't be letting people on stage at all...

It might be all fun and games, but my concern is that he or someone else will get hurt...

Cazzie. Because they both went to la la land. :sleep_1: Too much :drunk_sing: of a good thing.

I'm hoping to hear something soon. But, from other peoples reports it looks obvious to me it was because of the stage invasion and perhaps the M&G people who abused the privilege.

Seems that way to me as well...

or maybe he likes it, a kind of danger, like others doing bungee jumping.

:fisch:

Queenstown in New Zealand is famous for bungee jumping... and there's a thing in Auckland where you jump off a building (I saw Zachary Quinto do it when he was there promoting Star Trek)...

:fisch:

All in all a great night

Nice one Daz!!

Thanks for the report Jesterkevin...

I would say, he's been extremely lucky so far, that he or someone else, hasn't been hurt.

Let's look at it from another perspective.

Last night, his entire family where ther, mum, dad, sisters and brother, I wonder what was going through their minds when they saw him being pinned into a corner, like he was?

I was really worried, and I'm not even related!

I've never really been a big fan of the stage invasions,

was prepared to give it a go last night, but when all the nuts came out of nowhere, pushing us out of the way to get up there, I'm glad I didn't!

Whereas all the MFCers, just got up there to dance around, these others just looked on it as an opportunity to get to grab hold of him.

This is why, I think he should stop doing the stage invasion thing, that, or in future have it set up that a certain number of fans that he knows won't be grabbing at him, ready at the side of the stage, to come on and dance with him, on the final song. Not spontaneous, I know, but safer for him AND them, because I fear at some point an MFCer will get hurt, by one of these hysterical people, just for happening to be in between them and Mika.

Edited by RAK1

Great to see your report Kev! And did you and Jules get to chat to Brian May???:wink2:

Hiya, we saw him but as he was out with friends, we thought it better to 'respect his privacy' Had a nice catch up with Phil, his driver (best job in the world or what) He said Brian is a fan and described MIKA as a great kid...lol

Hiya, we saw him but as he was out with friends, we thought it better to 'respect his privacy' Had a nice catch up with Phil, his driver (best job in the world or what) He said Brian is a fan and described MIKA as a great kid...lol

Yes I think he's a great kid too!:roftl:

A very talented kid!:wub2:

I would say, he's been extremely lucky so far, that he or someone else, hasn't been hurt.

Let's look at it from another perspective.

Last night, his entire family where ther, mum, dad, sisters and brother, I wonder what was going through their minds when they saw him being pinned into a corner, like he was?

I was really worried, and I'm not even related!

I've never really been a big fanof the stage invasions,

was prepared to give it a go last nigh, but when all the nuts came out of nowhere, pushing us out of the way to get up there, I'm glad I didn't!

Whereas all the MFCers, just got up there to dance around, these others just looked on it as an opportunity to get to grab hold of him.

This is why, I think he should stop doing the stage invasion thing, that, or in future have it set up that a certain number of fans that he knows won't be grabbing at him, ready at the side of the stage, to come on and dance with him, on the final song. Not spontaneous, I know, but safer for him AND them, because I fear at some point an MFCer will get hurt, by one of these hysterical people, must for happening to be in between them and Mika.

I agree with you wholeheartedly Rose!

Nice!

Hehe, Mika being a kid... :naughty:

Anyone interested in the fact there are some EXCELLENT videos posted now???

Stop chattering on this REPORT thread and go look!!!

:wink2:

(Oh just posted above, oops)

Anyone seen these great vids yet???:shocked:

Happy Ending with Ida

In any other world/ My interpretation

BIOTG etc

Relax

and another person's HE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTfiRK5BMFo (Mods, I updated all these onto the first page)

thank you BS!! :wub2: The vids are great!!

In any other world/ My interpretation

BIOTG etc

OMG the beginning of these 2 vids!! :lmfao:

Mika.... you're the best ever!! in every sense!! I lurvvv you!! :roftl::wub2::fangurl::thumb_yello:

she just added Lollipop intro

AHH MOST AMAZING GIG EVER. Me and my brother were up in the first circle, but it didnt matter at all- atmosphere was incredible! xxx

Glad you had a great time! And welcome to MFC!!!

I wish relax worked for me.. am I the only one it's not working for?

Edited by nico_collard