Reports/Pics/Videos - Olympia, Dublin, Ireland Feb 15 2010

guylainem123

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

our 'friend' of last night took a pic with mika!

http://twitpic.com/13lkjp

already posted?

thanks- it's nice to put a face to the name

Ah, it's Mr Arrogant B***ard from last years Big Brother :mf_rosetinted: ...

http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/big_brother/Big+Brother+2009+Kenneth+24+International+Playboy-55110.html

The gig looked awesome - thank you so much for the reports and videos. REALLY getting excited for Hammersmith now :boing:

:woot_jump: :woot_jump: :woot_jump:

OMG! The concert last night was A M A Z I N G!!!!!!!!!

It was my first Mika concert and WOW! Words can't do it justice! :shocked:

He is unbelieveable live!!!!! Loved every single minute of it!!!

I got to touch his shoulder!!!!!!!!! :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

:woot_jump: :woot_jump: :woot_jump:

:woot_jump: :woot_jump:

http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/big_brother/Big+Brother+2009+Kenneth+24+International+Playboy-55110.html

The gig looked awesome - thank you so much for the reports and videos. REALLY getting excited for Hammersmith now :boing:

oh :blink:

i even thanked him for his tweets of last night and he replied:

KarlyAndKenneth @robertina59 Your welcome. He is a Legend.

talking about Mika.....

so i thought he was nice!

PS: He wasn't drugged or drunk, it's called adrenalin.

well, like it has been said before, then maybe it's the extra adrenaline kick from the new tour. i've met him after other fantastic adrenaline-filled shows, and he never was like that. :dunno:

whatever, like i said, i don't want to complain, i'm really happy he came out to meet us at all. i just said, it was not the mika i "know" from other meetings. i hope i'll have many more opportunities on this tour to compare it to. :naughty:

talking about Mika.....

Maybe he is nice... but on tv he came across as rude, highly arrogant and extremely chauvinistic - just plain horrid... (but obviously I don't know him personally so this is just my own opinion :wink2:)

Hi everyone,

I am back from Ireland but pnly another short report again as I have to wake up really early again tomorrow..

First of all, the support act is worth mentioning. His name escapes me, although he mentioned it several times, adding the release date of his new album. :teehee: He was a cool guy singing pretty good songs but most importantly, he had a great sense of humour. :thumb_yello: He was slightly prejudiced against the 'pop' (Mika) audience he was called to perform to in the last minute (i.e only a couple of hours before the show, apparently) but all was forgiven as he looked like Harry Nilsson. :naughty: He was well-received, so I hope he will spread the word about Mika's phenomenal audience in the pubs of Dublin :biggrin2:

Mika's gig was phenomenal as usual:mf_lustslow:

The Belfast gig basically functioned as a dress rehearsal while the Dublin one was already a fully functioning performance (although someone forgot to bring in the toy boy marionette, which Mika was not particularly pleased about, I think.....:naughty:)

To me the Belfast performance is more memorable but it could be just the circumstances, really, and also the fact that I love his clumsy moments, too.:teehee:

That's it, really... At this point I don't really want to add anything else at except that I realised he is much brighter and sweeter than I ever thought he was - that is another story though.:wub2:

talking about Mika.....

Guess he can be nice then- fancy- you chatting to international jet setters online and not even knowing it

Hi everyone,

I am back from Ireland but pnly another short report again as I have to wake up really early again tomorrow..

First of all, the support act is worth mentioning. His name escapes me, although he mentioned it several times, adding the release date of his new album. :teehee: He was a cool guy singing pretty good songs but most importantly, he had a great sense of humour. :thumb_yello: He was slightly prejudiced against the 'pop' (Mika) audience he was called to perform to in the last minute (i.e only a couple of hours before the show, apparently) but all was forgiven as he looked like Harry Nilsson. :naughty: He was well-received, so I hope he will spread the word about Mika's phenomenal audience in the pubs of Dublin :biggrin2:

Mika's gig was phenomenal as usual:mf_lustslow:

The Belfast gig basically functioned as a dress rehearsal while the Dublin one was already a fully functioning performance (although someone forgot to bring in the toy boy marionette, which Mika was not particularly pleased about, I think.....:naughty:)

To me the Belfast performance is more memorable but it could be just the circumstances, really, and also the fact that I love his clumsy moments, too.:teehee:

That's it, really... At this point I don't really want to add anything else at except that I realised he is much brighter and sweeter than I ever thought he was - that is another story though.:wub2:

Aw!

Anyone here who video-ed the whole lollipopsong? I reeeaaalllyyy would love to see me and mika going from the audience point of view :) ofcourse!!! Lollll

I'm a bit exciteddddd

Which colour were you? And everyone else- you had masks on

Guess he can be nice then- fancy- you chatting to international jet setters online and not even knowing it

Aw!

Which colour were you? And everyone else- you had masks on

I was orange

About the BGs and LGs...

Yes we had "masks" or as I would call them HUGE heads on! Lol!

This caused me something of a problem, I have a slight balance problem and with the head on I could hardly see or walk straight! Had just decided to say perhaps I shouldn't do it when Mika came over to me, bend down and looked thro the eye holes at me, grinned and askes "you okay in there?" I could not bring myslef to say no!

They noticed my problem tho so I didn't dance to lollipop (omg i would have injured myslef, and everyone else too I imagine!)

About the BGs and LGs...

Yes we had "masks" or as I would call them HUGE heads on! Lol!

This caused me something of a problem, I have a slight balance problem and with the head on I could hardly see or walk straight! Had just decided to say perhaps I shouldn't do it when Mika came over to me, bend down and looked thro the eye holes at me, grinned and askes "you okay in there?" I could not bring myslef to say no!

They noticed my problem tho so I didn't dance to lollipop (omg i would have injured myslef, and everyone else too I imagine!)

ive had to dance in a mask before and it's seriously making me re-consider whether to be a lollipop girl or not. Masks are a complete nuisance - as nice as they may look sometimes - but I need to see where the eff I'm going and to actually breathe. I think wearing a mask is completely pointless.

Oh my goodness, I just don't know where to begin with writing this report-

I don't think that I'm going to be able to do it justice!

I hadn't seen Mika for over a year, so a lot has changed in that time (not least the band!), but the whole show was so much more polished and professional.

Yes, there were a few mistakes, like the bit where Mika introduced Martin as David and a few problems with props, but I was completely overwhelmed by the show as a whole.

Mr Mika Mad insisted on putting our coats in the cloakroom -bad mistake! We were easily in the first 100 of the queue, but took too long getting to the front and didn't get into the section for the first 100. Luckily, I still managed to get quite a good view because the floor was sloping and I had some very small people in front of me.

The support act was ok (I think his name was Oliver Cole), but I never enjoy any support act because I'm just waiting for Mika to come on.

I expected Mika to be fantastic because I never seen him anything other than that, but he was on a different level last night. The energy he had was unbelievable and his voice was never less than perfect. His interaction with the crowd seemed relaxed and natural and yet showy and confident. He seemed to be on a natural high and it was contagious.

I really enjoyed having such a long set list, which included most of my favourites from both albums. Any Other World made me cry.

The Olympia Theatre was great. (I've only ever seen him in pretty dull venues before)

The meet and greet afterwards was a bit of a disaster for me because Mr Mika Mad didn't appreciate standing in the freezing cold for an hour and half. I got my TBWKTM signed, but no conversation with Mika so it wasn't worth the agro from the frozen husband!

I would have liked the opportunity to tell Mika how much I loved the show and that I had flown from Wales to see him (hint, hint, Cardiff's not that far!)

As always, one of the best parts of the day was meeting the MFCers, it was the first time that I'd met lovely Ruth and it was great to see the others that I've met before, especially Kath.

I haven't got any decent photos, I'm afraid. Being a useless oldling I forgot to work out how to set my camera properly, so they're all rubbish! But at least there were plenty of others there taking good pics and videos. Thank you those that have posted them, it's not just the people who weren't there that appreciate it!

Looking forward to Bristol now...................

Thanks for your wonderful reports! So many sweet words. And videos are so good, so amazing and beautiful ! And Mika in them so artistic and fine!:wub2: I thaw.... :blush-anim-cl: And want to love Mika more and more strongly than before. But I already at the top

I came back from Dublin a few hours ago....uploading some pics and vids, so I can also share them, even if maybe I'm a bit late :naughty::wink2:

I don't know if I'll be able to write a proper report..but the first thing I want to say is: FOR ME THIS HAS BEEN THE BEST BIRTHDAY EVER! :wub2:

The concert was amazing...it's the third time that I have the chance to see him live and the emotion is always incredible.

It was great. I can't believe it was just last night, I'm so happy and nostalgic...I can't erase his voice from my mind...

There was an incredibly powerful and positive feeling in the theatre, everybody felt it I think.

The porformance was great...you could feel the confidence between Mika and the band and I think it was important for the kind of show he brought on the stage.

I loved his voice During I See You..it was perfect :biggrin2:

Apart from a few funny accidents, the show was very professional and entertaining...The illustrations and the references to the album on the background were awesome!

Any Other World (I didn't expect him to sing it in the new tour) was really moving, just perfect.

OMG I'm writing too much :naughty: Stop me :naughty:

The M&G was good, I made him sign my birthday card...I can't explain how much that meant to me :)

I'm overwhelmed by a big number of emotions and my hands are shaking as I write..I think I need to sleep, but I'm hyper and I feel lost :naughty:

I really enjoyed this Mika-trip, I'll never forget it :)

And now....can't wait for the london gig! :biggrin2:

Edited by SashaX

btw, agree with suzie on the support act - that guy was really entertaining, it was just him and his acoustic guitar, and he talked a lot between songs, in a really relaxed and funny way. he said he had been called to be the support act only a few hours before, because someone else had dropped out. he was so much better than that band in belfast! one of the few times that mika's support act didn't bore or annoy me. :naughty:

btw, agree with suzie on the support act - that guy was really entertaining, it was just him and his acoustic guitar, and he talked a lot between songs, in a really relaxed and funny way. he said he had been called to be the support act only a few hours before, because someone else had dropped out. he was so much better than that band in belfast! one of the few times that mika's support act didn't bore or annoy me. :naughty:

I agree..it's never easy to be a support act...singing while everyone is waiting for someone else :naughty:

He was good and so funny :naughty:

I came back from Dublin a few hours ago....uploading some pics and vids, so I can also share them, even if maybe I'm a bit late :naughty::wink2:

I don't know if I'll be able to write a proper report..but the first thing I want to say is: FOR ME THIS HAS BEEN THE BEST BIRTHDAY EVER! :wub2:

The concert was amazing...it's the third time that I have the chance to see him live and the emotion is always incredible.

It was great. I can't believe it was just last night, I'm so happy and nostalgic...I can't erase his voice from my mind...

There was an incredibly powerful and positive feeling in the theatre, everybody felt it I think.

The porformance was great...you could feel the confidence between Mika and the band and I think it was important for the kind of show he brought on the stage.

I loved his voice During I See You..it was perfect :biggrin2:

Apart from a few funny accidents, the show was very professional and entertaining...The illustrations and the references to the album on the background were awesome!

Any Other World (I didn't expect him to sing it in the new tour) was really moving, just perfect.

OMG I'm writing too much :naughty: Stop me :naughty:

The M&G was good, I made him sign my birthday card...I can't explain how much that meant to me :)

I'm overwhelmed by a big number of emotions and my hands are shaking as I write..I think I need to sleep, but I'm hyper and I feel lost :naughty:

I really enjoyed this Mika-trip, I'll never forget it

And now....can't wait for the london gig!

thank you for this wonderful report:wub2:

wow, i can feel your emotions!!!:shocked: you lucky girl, this show seems to be amazing!!:biggrin2:

I was the green one that probably looks very unstabe in the vids.... :aah:

Okay help me understand, Big Girls danced to a different song?

I need to see a picture of these "masks" could someone direct me a video or picture please:biggrin2: