REPORTS/VIDEOS/PHOTOS for MIKA at Little Noise Sessions in London 18-11-2009

Christine

I can't agree more with everything that has been posted so far, what a magical evening.

Just about everything to do with this gig was perfect, the venue, the atmosphere, the acoustics, the harmonies, the set list and the vocal performances were all second to none. The only blemish on a perfect night was the cameraman who decided to block our view on all of the 'sit down' songs, That was only a minor irritation though, it just gave us more time to soak up the ambience and see what else was going on while we were being whisked away by MIKA's voice.

Loved some of the little anecdotes he slipped in between tracks like the lady with the newspaper he saw on the tube to Angel who inspired Blue Eyes and the fact he f**ked up 'Over My Shoulder' when he sang it there a few years ago and he'd always wanted to come back and do it right one day (and he certainly did last night)

LOVED it when he did the 'MFC Rain Dance'

He did it with a real twinkle in his eye, and it was SO obviously for the benefit of the MFC.

I hope MIKA gets all the recognition and success he deserves and he continues to grow as an artist and play to big audiences all around the world but I also hope he continues to support causes like MENCAP and slip in the odd intimate gig like last night, I feel so lucky to have been there.

It was lovely to meet up with the usual crowd and also some new MFC'ers too, thanks for taking the time to come over and say hi.

Oh, and Rose....so glad you got your picture taken with Jo Whiley, we saw your face as you walked away and you looked so happy, it was lovely to see :thumb_yello:

Is it February yet?

Oh I forgot that bit about the lady crying at the tube station and how he said he didn't know what happend to her and she might still be there or even here tonght lol.

PS, how was your drive back to sorry :mf_rosetinted:

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh I forgot that bit about the lady crying at the tube station and how he said he didn't know what happend to her and she might still be there or even here tonght lol.

PS, how was your drive back to sorry :mf_rosetinted:

yes i got that bit on camera. It's uploading onto YouTube right now lol.

I've read though all the reports and I would quote each of them, but I'll just tell you all collectively: I'M SO HAPPY you had such amazing experiences!!!:biggrin2:

i've only seen Grace Kelly and Rain so far and...:shocked:

Oh my god...it sounds absolutely amazing...I can't even imagine what it would have been like to be there. Mika looked and sounded amazing.:wub2:

I haven't watched Over My Shoulder yet...because I KNOW i will cry. :tears: Might have to wait til the roommate leaves for class to watch that one.

Enjoying watching your videos, they make me laugh :-)

Such a lovely day - I shared my thoughts about Mika with my conversational French class this afternoon, am watching all the YouTube vids from last night now and we have the RAH later tonight :-))

Trawling my way through the You Tube songs one by one now (after a quick break for It Takes Two)

Is lozzington, Laurel? No! Laura.... Well thanks Lara, you're a super star for recording these so well and for sharing :wub2:

Edited by Ruth