2012 Heaven, London UK - July 26 - REPORTS / PICTURES / VIDEOS

guylainem123

Yup!!! OHHHH I haven't noticed that Mika rises his shoulders when he sings!!! My god, I didn't see it:doh:

Moving into another topic, I saw on twitter that Mika is going to be one of the multiple guests to discuss the Olympic ceremony!! Here the tweet:

We'll be live during the Olympic Ceremony to discuss what it says about Britain. With guests including @gracedent @mikasounds and @PennyRed

Tweet from the BBC

=D when and where!?!? [and by where I ment a link where i can see it :aah:]

What bothers me in this discussion is that some of you are implying that people who still think that he is bisexual are silly fangirls or in denial. To think that he is bisexual doesn't mean that you can't see what a big step it was for him or not to be absolutely happy for him. And it doesn't mean that you want him rather with a woman than with a man.

We don't know anything about his relationships in the past or whom he founds attractive. So as long as he doesn't tell us otherwise I won't put him in the "gay box" because he is in a relationship with a man. Same as I wouldn't have put him in the "straight box" if the special person would have been a women. Because both are characteristics for being bisexual and about that we have a statement from him.

May I'm a little bit sensible here, because I'm bisexual myself and every time I come out I had to clarify that by saying that I mean it. It kind of annoys me that you get the "she truly is a lesbian, she just doesn't want to say it" all the time or you must assume that the person is silently thinking that.

I'm really happy that Mika took the step yesterday and opened himself up. To tell people that you are in love with a person of the same gender is a big step, regardless of whether you are gay or bisexual. And it ends the vague "could"-statements from the past. Now we know for sure that he falls for men. I just wanted to point out that we shouldn't label him as gay as long as he doesn't do it himself.

:clap: and totally agree with the bolded part.

I loved the gig, I really really did, but I must agree with you on a couple of points. I totally agree with what you said re the band. I don't care if he has one band or another, but I really don't see why he needed these people instead of the old ones :dunno: I can't see the advantage , other than the fact that now he has a piano player who plays the sax and other bits :doh:

In any case, I don't understand the need for change. Ah , and I know that people totally rave about the new singer Joy, and no offence to her, but she does nothing to me at all. I much prefered Imma in every way, and this chick is not cutting it.

The piano dancing and killing the band is also an annoyance, as are the balloons and all that jazz......

Other than that, I totally disagree with you on the songs and performance, it rocked! :naughty:

... I loved the killer scene ! and I really was hoping he did it again cuz I never had the chance of seeing it live :tears:

Re. the band, I disagree with some earlier posts. I think the sound is better now. Mika needed at least one really great, creative and playful musician to accompany him on stage who would be able to do some improvisation as well if needed, etc. He also needed a good piano player, which David clearly wasn't. I'm sorry to break the news but Mika's skills on the piano are rather limited so it does make sense to have someone like Curtis on stage, who plays many instruments and is pretty relaxed, too. I love how they are changing songs. They do sound effortless.

Concerning 'personality' , I never got much of that from the band on stage and I don't think they are supposed to show it off there, although I really liked iMMa interacting with Mika and of course she has a great voice, too. In a way, the focus is more on the music and less on the puppet show (I never liked Mika dressing up his band).

So, for the moment I am pleased with the band but he may actually need more backing vocalists to have a fuller choir sound on some of the tracks.

:clap:

well, I've never seen them live u.u but acording to what I've heard from the last gigs [with the best audio i could find], the new band definitively sounds different, and sounds better. .. I've been wonderig how many of the people who has talked about the band has actually been part of a band. I was the vocalist of a rock band, we were a band with 5 members. And I say "I was" cause we stop playing together after the guitar player decided to leave us. We couldn't find anyone who played like him, cuz everyone plays instruments in a different way, with different emotions cuz everyone experiences the music in different ways; then also everyone writes different music, according to different influences. And i think that this was the reason why Mika changed his band, he needed to work with different people cuz now he's different. And I'm really glad that he could find these so good musicians, cuz for me was impossible to find another guitar player x.x oh, and if some people doesn't hear any difference, it may be cause the difference goes beyond what they can sense in music [not ofending anyone :thumb_yello:]

sorry if i talk too much about my experiences, I do it cuz it gives me a solid background sometimes hehe

Edited by Elizabeth.C

I think back to how he said life changed after Paloma's accident. Everyone in his family and close friends would have been so profoundly affected by the sheer horror of that trauma, and the pain that she suffered and probably still suffers. Reassessing what is important in life, what makes you happy, relationship issues .... maybe all this led to him to a point of freedom, to this song becoming his "freedom statement" and maybe the man he loves was an integral part of him reaching that point.

:mikalove: I agree . Mika grew up :) aawwee i even feel proud of him :mikalove:

It's like a "gut instinct". For some of us there are glaringly obvious pointers for Mika's sexuality, for others it may need a definitive statement. But I do see that last night's dedication was really a declaration of love for his partner, and to feel the freedom to do that now, must be a big relief for Mika. I felt that coming through in the song very strongly. As I said before, I hope the special man was there to hear such a heartfelt song:wub2:

I think back to how he said life changed after Paloma's accident. Everyone in his family and close friends would have been so profoundly affected by the sheer horror of that trauma, and the pain that she suffered and probably still suffers. Reassessing what is important in life, what makes you happy, relationship issues .... maybe all this led to him to a point of freedom, to this song becoming his "freedom statement" and maybe the man he loves was an integral part of him reaching that point.

My thoughts exactly. And this is why I feel so happy for him. It's not that his words about being in love with a man was news (most of us thought it's quite obvious) but that he seems to have found new happiness/new way of thinking (what's important in life) after some very hard times :wub2:

I've been enjoying this nostalgic dip into what's presumably the last "is Mika gay" thread. But I feel it's not complete without someone gettiing offended and saying they're never coming back to the MFC. Would you like me to do it, or is someone else going to volunteer? It won't feel right otherwise

Looks like no one is willing to take up the challenge, Sosi - you may have to sacrifice yourself on the altar of Mikafanclubishegayornotdiscussion tradition :mf_rosetinted:

I don't really know where to start with my review ... I can never find words right enough for what I want to say - but anyone who knows me knows I'd lost the Mika love in the last 18 months ... I deleted all his pictures off my computer ... don't have a single one ... haven't listened to his music really since Edinburgh two years ago ... and apart from what pops up on random if I happen to be listening to music on my laptap not a thing Mika related - and to be honest ... if he has come up on random ... there's a skip button ... next ... I bought a ticket to Lovebox ... impulse buy ... I gave it away for nothing ... didn't know why I'd bought it ... couldn't be bothered to go ... blamed it on not liking Festivals anymore ... kind of true ... I don't ... but also just didn't want to see him ... not ready yet ... Then the Heaven gig was announced ... I bought a ticket two days later after they went on sale after wondering whether I'd actually bother going to it again ... I'm not made of money ... I can't afford to waste money like that ... I've spent the time inbetween talking myself into going .... even up to Thursday morning ... bad nights sleep ... too hot ... can I bother jumping on a train and going all the way to London ... nope ... not motivated at all ... off work with Depression yet again ... on medication ... he's not gonna fix that ... I caught the 12.05pm train in the end ... I wanted to see my friends ... my fellow Oldlings ... it was the only reason I went ... not for Mika ... not bothered .... for them ... not seen them since January ... last minute decision to stay over in London too ... would have been travelling back on the train the same night otherwise (this was a good decision in hindsight as well)

So I queued from about 4.00pm ... didn't want to queue longer than that ... got a good place once I was in ... about 3 rows from the front ... by the stairs - got a bit of jip from some girls by the side of me who arrived later ... decided to ignore them .. I won't mention the god awful music we had to stand through ... but then Mika was on ... and it started from that first song ... the opening bars to Big Girls ... the smile came ... I was dancing ... as song after song came and went ... I remembered ... I remembered why in 2008 I went to a show in Hammersmith and came out a complete devotee - he does something when I see him ... he makes me forget everything else ... the new songs ... I hated them all bar Celebrate ... and that I only liked ... not loved ... but in a Live context - I got them ... I loved them ... he won me back ... and I don't even know why ... I can't even explain why ... I went with no intention of enjoying it ... I was expecting too ... be underwhelmed ... it was just what I needed ... it's been a difficult time for me since Amsterdam ... and I almost made myself dislike him cos' I felt guilty ... that me loving him was somehow responsible for my Mum's death ... if I hadn't spent most of 2010 and 2009, to a degree, following him around the country I'd have been at home and maybe have noticed she was ill ... it wasn't his fault ... it wasn't my fault ... I have to deal with that ... I have to leave that behind me ... I can't keep going what if ... I didn't bother trying to speak to him outside the venue ... there was too much of a mob - so I just stood on the sidewalk and watched him ... and watched everyone else around him ... The playback competition in London the next day ... That was an added bonus I wasn't expecting ... to be able to listen to those songs ... I was worried about this album before ... that I wouldn't like it ... I hadn't liked any of the new songs on YT ... that had changed the night before ... everything's changed again now ... I'm beyond excited ... you sit and listen to those tracks and your smiling ... I'm smiling and you glance at others ... and they're smiling ... he gives me that vibe ... those feelings ... so for a gig I nearly couldn't be bothered to go too ... to an album I had no interest in buying two days ago ... it's gone full circle ... I love him again ... and I'm not gonna shut up about it ... for awhile :wub2:

I don't really know where to start with my review ... I can never find words right enough for what I want to say - but anyone who knows me knows I'd lost the Mika love in the last 18 months ... I deleted all his pictures off my computer ... don't have a single one ... haven't listened to his music really since Edinburgh two years ago ... and apart from what pops up on random if I happen to be listening to music on my laptap not a thing Mika related - and to be honest ... if he has come up on random ... there's a skip button ... next ... I bought a ticket to Lovebox ... impulse buy ... I gave it away for nothing ... didn't know why I'd bought it ... couldn't be bothered to go ... blamed it on not liking Festivals anymore ... kind of true ... I don't ... but also just didn't want to see him ... not ready yet ... Then the Heaven gig was announced ... I bought a ticket two days later after they went on sale after wondering whether I'd actually bother going to it again ... I'm not made of money ... I can't afford to waste money like that ... I've spent the time inbetween talking myself into going .... even up to Thursday morning ... bad nights sleep ... too hot ... can I bother jumping on a train and going all the way to London ... nope ... not motivated at all ... off work with Depression yet again ... on medication ... he's not gonna fix that ... I caught the 12.05pm train in the end ... I wanted to see my friends ... my fellow Oldlings ... it was the only reason I went ... not for Mika ... not bothered .... for them ... not seen them since January ... last minute decision to stay over in London too ... would have been travelling back on the train the same night otherwise (this was a good decision in hindsight as well)

So I queued from about 4.00pm ... didn't want to queue longer than that ... got a good place once I was in ... about 3 rows from the front ... by the stairs - got a bit of jip from some girls by the side of me who arrived later ... decided to ignore them .. I won't mention the god awful music we had to stand through ... but then Mika was on ... and it started from that first song ... the opening bars to Big Girls ... the smile came ... I was dancing ... as song after song came and went ... I remembered ... I remembered why in 2008 I went to a show in Hammersmith and came out a complete devotee - he does something when I see him ... he makes me forget everything else ... the new songs ... I hated them all bar Celebrate ... and that I only liked ... not loved ... but in a Live context - I got them ... I loved them ... he won me back ... and I don't even know why ... I can't even explain why ... I went with no intention of enjoying it ... I was expecting too ... be underwhelmed ... it was just what I needed ... it's been a difficult time for me since Amsterdam ... and I almost made myself dislike him cos' I felt guilty ... that me loving him was somehow responsible for my Mum's death ... if I hadn't spent most of 2010 and 2009, to a degree, following him around the country I'd have been at home and maybe have noticed she was ill ... it wasn't his fault ... it wasn't my fault ... I have to deal with that ... I have to leave that behind me ... I can't keep going what if ... I didn't bother trying to speak to him outside the venue ... there was too much of a mob - so I just stood on the sidewalk and watched him ... and watched everyone else around him ... The playback competition in London the next day ... That was an added bonus I wasn't expecting ... to be able to listen to those songs ... I was worried about this album before ... that I wouldn't like it ... I hadn't liked any of the new songs on YT ... that had changed the night before ... everything's changed again now ... I'm beyond excited ... you sit and listen to those tracks and your smiling ... I'm smiling and you glance at others ... and they're smiling ... he gives me that vibe ... those feelings ... so for a gig I nearly couldn't be bothered to go too ... to an album I had no interest in buying two days ago ... it's gone full circle ... I love him again ... and I'm not gonna shut up about it ... for awhile :wub2:

:huglove:

:blush-anim-cl: I'm sooooo glad this has happened, and I hope it stays like this for a long time to come :huglove:

Edited by eloise.shaw

Lovebox was similarly promoted as where you'd hear the first new songs- though I had a wonderful time, I did think they should have stuck to that and not put them on the internet before.

I never thought that. The point was that it was the first show 'in the UK' with some of the new songs ..... Not the first show anywhere .

It was the first show, wasn't it? But I guess the expectation about "new" songs is that they would have never been heard before at all. So not played on radio or released to Youtube, etc.

I would have been somewhat disappointed if I'd gone all the way to the UK because I would have expected what we had at the Roxy. 4 new songs, never heard before by anyone.

But flying halfway across the world sets a different bar for what is "the most amazing experience" and what is "disappointing". If I have to fly to London I might be disappointed. If Mika wants to play down at my local pub he can sing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star and I'll be thrilled :naughty: It's all about cost vs reward.

I've been enjoying this nostalgic dip into what's presumably the last "is Mika gay" thread. But I feel it's not complete without someone gettiing offended and saying they're never coming back to the MFC. Would you like me to do it, or is someone else going to volunteer? It won't feel right otherwise

Really? I don't remember that :lmfao: I do remember one person chasing me all over MFC for a year and making rude and aggressive comments every time I posted because I once dared to say the WAG video was full of gay imagery and 1+1 does not equal "straight". If only people like that would just leave and not come back :freak:

I think she means he uses a 'a' sound like in 'cat' instead of 'a' like in 'war'; or 'water' :naughty:

Yes - that's it exactly :thumb_yello:

This is a very subtle distinction in my opinion, in song. Normally the consonants are emphasized and that's why everyone sounds American (or perhaps accentless is a more accurate description) to my ears unless they are going out of their way to effect a British accent like Lily Allen or Kate Nash.

In any case I still think it is typical of Mika because he does not have a solid British accent.

So, again, can someone write down phonetically what the problem is with water and origin? :teehee:

You never answered my post :naughty:

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3747547#post3747547

I'm sorry to break the news but Mika's skills on the piano are rather limited so it does make sense to have someone like Curtis on stage, who plays many instruments and is pretty relaxed, too. I love how they are changing songs. They do sound effortless.

Oh sure, I can understand adding another person or even replace one or two members. But was it really necessary to replace everyone? Of course Mika thinks so and he knows better than I do so I'm not going to argue with that, but since Mika DOES replace band members who appear to be doing a very good job then I am not going to take much interest in people who could be gone tomorrow.

Paolo Nutini has had his band since the beginning and they help him make his albums. For all intents and purposes they are a "band" and Paolo is the frontman. But this is clearly not the relationship that Mika has with his band even though we were sort of lead to believe otherwise until Luke left. I don't care who Adele's guitarist is and at this point I don't really care who Mika's guitarist is as long as he's doing an adequate job.

My thoughts exactly. And this is why I feel so happy for him. It's not that his words about being in love with a man was news (most of us thought it's quite obvious) but that he seems to have found new happiness/new way of thinking (what's important in life) after some very hard times :wub2:

Yes I've finally had a chance to watch the videos now. It's really quite touching. His joy is really infectious and I can't help feeling happy when I see him so visibly happy.

I was expecting too ... be underwhelmed ... it was just what I needed ... it's been a difficult time for me since Amsterdam ... and I almost made myself dislike him cos' I felt guilty ... that me loving him was somehow responsible for my Mum's death ... if I hadn't spent most of 2010 and 2009, to a degree, following him around the country I'd have been at home and maybe have noticed she was ill ... it wasn't his fault ... it wasn't my fault ... I have to deal with that ... I have to leave that behind me ... I can't keep going what if

I can't even imagine how tough that was for you and associating such a huge loss with going to a gig. :huglove: I had something similar with Rufus Wainwright 5 years ago but I'm past it now. It's nice to hear you are feeling the Mika love again because these gigs can be such happy times and a nice escape from all the daily hassles.

Back from London last evening. Everything went like clockwork. London: gorgeous city, lovely & friendly people, very nice & well situated hotel with impecable service. Seriously, I'm thinking about moving to London! Now about the gig: searched out the exact location of Heaven (this sounds weird) at 4 pm (lost my way twice :doh:, such an idiot in geographics) & there was already a Q. Came back at 7.30 pm, no problem at all getting in. Lovely place, reminded me of the time I went out in weekends. MIKA started at 9.30 pm and filled the place with his energy. Always a thrill when he's appearing like the earth stops turning for 10 sec.Big girl, Relax... it was heaven in Heaven but as hot as in hell. No airco. Luckely I had my Spanish fan with me otherwise I would have fainted. MIKA however was his heavenly self, loughed a lot and did a big pianohug with Curtis. We all had a ball :pbjt: He sang MYH wich was the highlight for me since this is my fav song up until now. He did an encore with TOOL in an amazing way and stopped at 10 pm. It was a fabulous gig wich I wouldn't have missed for the world. Again a remark: to all the people who are trying 2 get in the front 15 min. before MIKA starts: shame on you ! (I'm sure they are no MFC'rs) Other people are there waiting for like 2 hours and you're pushing them away with unknown arrogancy. :sneaky2: Not very nice at all especially when they are so much taller than the people already there. Otherwise, it was a lovely public & I met some interesting people. And before closing off, MIKA has said 'for the man I love' but frankly I realy don't care if he's in love with a man, a woman or a teacup. The main thing for me is his music and the fact he is in love, being loved, healty and safe. If there is someone who deserves a good and stable relationship it's him, so let us give him the privacy to enjoy it. Meanwhile we all can celebrate at his gigs and have a countdown for the 3rd album. Off to Tienen tonight. God, my bags under my eyes are so big I can start a garbage distributor shop! :aah:

You never answered my post :naughty: .

:doh: sorry, I didn't see your post. (New phone and the hecticness of the last days.)

I don't know how to express pronunciations properly :aah: I don't see a problem with water and to me it sounds like "wah-ter". I am hearing "awr-gin" for "origin" and I would pronounce it "oh-rih-gin". The first vowel would be the same as "Olympics".

I also think Mika has learned to sing with a certain style of phrasing and that's why we get all these unusual extra syllables and consonants that don't belong in the word at all. It's frustrating when you are trying to decipher lyrics but otherwise it doesn't bother me.

For the awr-gin vs oh-rih-gin - I hear the latter (at least 3 syllables) but perhaps my mind is changing what I hear, plus, I am not a native speaker.

I see now. So basically, Mika is singing it with 't' but in Englsih, especially in American English, you'd pronouce 't' as an ɾ, (an alveloar flap) since the t is in between 2 vowels. Now I understand why you wrote 'd' in another post, too: just checked and you can use either the 'd' sign or the 'r' sign as the symbol of that. Conclusion: in is British English then :teehee:

Oh sure, I can understand adding another person or even replace one or two members. But was it really necessary to replace everyone? Of course Mika thinks so and he knows better than I do so I'm not going to argue with that, but since Mika DOES replace band members who appear to be doing a very good job then I am not going to take much interest

I can totally see the reason, actually, and it is because he loves changing the sound and explore new ideas so he needs to surround himself with musicians who can support him in that. In other words, people who not only do what they are told but do something extra / challenge themselves. With new members he is guaranteed to get new ideas, too.

Most importantly though, as I mentioned already, a large part could be the skill level and the ability to support him with strong backing vocals. There are also more instruments on stage so that sound is richer.

Also, he is a solo artist who takes advantage of being able to change the band around him to renew the sound. By changing the band (not only members but also the sound) he can ensure that it won't get boring. I definitely see it this way and that's why I like to go to more concerts on a tour, possibly months or weeks apart from each other.

Very nice photos Sephira, but I think they're slowing down the page, maybe links to the photos would be better. But absolutely gorgeous photos, thanks for sharing! :thumb_yello: Got any more from the Meet n Greet? :wub2:

@LaraMay Thank you for the really good quality videos, including the sound :flowers2:

I can't see the photos :( Or you on Facebook so I could add you, what's your username? :wub2: Would love to see the photos!

Edit: Meant to quote !xkirstyx!

Edited by LaraMay

I can't see the photos :( Or you on Facebook so I could add you, what's your username? :wub2: Would love to see the photos!

I think it was Sephira who posted photos but they were too big for the forum. If you cannot view them via twitter link, maybe she can post other links to those later.

I think it was Sephira who posted photos but they were too big for the forum. If you cannot view them via twitter link, maybe she can post other links to those later.

Oh sorry! LOL I thought I quoted !xkirstyx!, that's strange :blink: