August 10th Quebec Cancelled

dcdeb

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You know that Yoppa? I don't like her much. :naughty:

I DO, I DO. She is very organised, I think they should make her mod in charge of the calendar, repeat threads and merging.

(she's my favourite) (true)(along with some others) :mf_rosetinted:

Ha ha ! I was gone, well done... But i expected some more i must admit :tears: and from some people who actually don't tell me that everyday :biggrin2::tears:

:blink: ohowkay :blink:

Yes, I asked him to sign my Nibe wristband, pointed out that he wasn't there and reminded him of the gig in Reading :blink: And yes, he didn't seem too amused, said the festival was cancelled for a good reason and that the gig in Reading was something different. He didn't point out HOW it was different though. But I guess I got the point through. I told him that it's not fair to the fans, that's kinda all I could do :boxed:

all you could do? you did a lot. you did something so many people wouldn't have the guts to do. if you were here i would shake your hand lol!

I will throw a ball out here.

It's actually something that has been floating around my head since Somerset House but I never put it on paper (so to speak).:boxed:

At that gig, if you remember Mika's actual words when he was talking about not wanting to cancel this particular gig, he said something along the lines of 'despite what ANY OF US were going through'.

He did not speak about himself, but he made that specific point about 'the others' as well, which I found very telling.:sneaky2:

This made me realise that yes, he is technically a 'one man band', but in reality the situation is more complex because he has a 'permanent' band that has played and toured together for ages now even though they are not 'really' together if you follow me.....So we're forgetting that things can happen to any one of them, or to more of them than only him, and it would be really difficult for them to find a suitable person to replace them.

And even if they found one, now that the band have created their own identity and also gelled so well together with Mika, it would probably not be the best idea to just stick some other random person there if one of them was sick or out of the equation...

What I am trying to say is that it doesn't necessarily need to be Mika himself who is sick/unable to perform, but it could be one of the other guys, and then they would probably (I imagine) cancel the gigs.

I think that it's worth considering this as an option :wink2:

And on the same kind of topic, I also agree that Kata acted very honestly and I admire that; I find that standing up for what one believes is right, is one of the most important things in life so I am totally with that.

He got the same "attention" at Birmingham I do believe ....

Nah wasn't the same, in Birmingham it was done with a smile both from him and from me, was quite different at Somerset House...

all you could do? you did a lot. you did something so many people wouldn't have the guts to do. if you were here i would shake your hand lol!

And now, reading Sariflor's post while trying to post this (damn server :sneaky2: ), I did feel a bit weird after saying it, since there might be some weird reason behind this that they just can't tell us, but all possible theories I had were kinda destroyed by the fact that they went to Japan and USA and whatnot and still cancel gigs in between, so I don't really know what to think anymore :boxed:

She will never ever let him forget it :roftl:

One day let go , it may take some therapy:wink2:

:naughty:

but I know how she feels. the gig I was going to was cancelled too. and it wasn't even due to illness! They screwed up and double/tripple booked..

I may be wrong, but I'm basically 100% sure the Swedish gig on the 10th was booked long before the other two. It could even be so that when the GMA offer came along they booked it knowing he had already got a contract with the festival in Sweden. But GMA was too good an offer to pass on. :shocked:

This just occured to me. Only my speculations though. :blink:

But I can't say I would be surpriced if this was the case. :boxed:

Even worse .. is that possible , I think its time you went to another forum lady ..... you could be a highest poster there :wink2:

What are you on about? What I said to him in Birmingham wasn't bad or even really impolite, as it was said with a ":wink2: " and he took it that way. Don't make me more rude than I actually am please :blink:

What are you on about? What I said to him in Birmingham wasn't bad or even really impolite, as it was said with a ":wink2: " and he took it that way. Don't make me more rude than I actually am please :blink:

It was really impolite , he was shocked never mind the poor lad might be ill ohh hum

LOVE YOU MIKA GET WELL SOON :thumb_yello: :thumb_yello:

I agree with both of you. At one time I thought there was something that we didn't know and weren't supposed to know, therefore we couldn't comment. But now I don't even know what to think as nothing seems to add up.

I just know that it is bad management, either in the booking of the gigs or the PR surrounding the cancellations.

I agree with both of you. At one time I thought there was something that we didn't know and weren't supposed to know, therefore we couldn't comment. But now I don't even know what to think as nothing seems to add up.

I just know that it is bad management, either in the booking of the gigs or the PR surrounding the cancellations.

and I agree with everything you just said babspanky :mf_rosetinted:

I suppose that, at this stage, it's clear that there are things going on of which we are not aware, and we are not likely to find out about them anytime soon!

There MUST be a reason behind the cancellations, I mean (seriously now) we are dealing with professionals here, it's not like they can go cancelling things nilly-willy can they?

And also there is the *slight* issue of contracts...there are repercussions if one just cancels a contract without a good reason, and for all we know they (Camp Mika) have not been sued or anything like that,so I am assuming that whatever has been said between them was deemed satisfactory for the organisers of the cancelled concerts.

I don't know, I have no clue of what is happening, but I am sure that if it was down to Mika himself, he would not want to disappoint anyone, but he is only human and so are his band...

There may be personal issues or circumstances with any of them that we wouldn't know of, which could mean that they needed more 'off' time between gigs for example?

It could be so many things really, and I don't think that we'll find out to be honest :blink:

Sara.

and i agree with you, babs.

we shouldn't hate the poor boy because of bad management.

and we all want him to get better so he can do more tours.:thumb_yello:

Dear Mika, and Mika's people collectively known as "them":

There are no confirmed gigs scheduled for September, just whispers of two festival appearances. Mika - if you have been overbooked/exhausted/suffering from ear troubles, PLEASE DO NOT announce any dates for September! Take the month off. And take your antibiotics or chicken soup or whatever is necessary to get the go-ahead from your doctor that you're okay to resume touring in October. In fact, you'd best get the go-ahead from about five doctors, because if you sporadically cancel those appearances in France, Italy, and Germany, you might just end up with rotten fruit thrown in your direction. :boxed:

Signed with love,

Your adoring-but-increasingly-less-patient fans

Gregory Charles Steps in for the cause! - A fabulous Show to benefit the Quebec Breakfast Club despite the absence of Mika

SAINT-JEAN-SUR-RICHELIEU, QC, Aug. 1 /CNW Telbec/ - Pop star Mika was

forced to cancel his appearance at the Show to benefit the Quebec Breakfast

Club due to illness. This grand show, underscored by Laurentian Bank and

scheduled for August 10, will take place nonetheless on the site of the

International Balloon Festival of Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu. The multi-talented

GREGORY CHARLES will now join performers PASCALE PICARD, EVA AVILA, and

CHAMPION AND HIS G-STRINGS on stage to take part in this spectacular show. The

well-known Quebec artist agreed to step in at the last minute in support of

this worthy cause.

The show must go on with a reduction on the price of admission. Adult

tickets will sell for $15 while admission for children will be $7. A family

package is set at $44. Ticket holders wishing to be reimbursed may do so as of

now at any of Laurentian Bank branches or through Admission. For further

details, visit http://www.ballooncanada.com

The International Balloon Festival of Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu and

Laurentian Bank are proud to invite you to share in the excitement of this

wonderful humanitarian celebration - truly a first for Quebec. All profits

will help thousands of kids throughout the Province start off their day with a

well-balanced meal in a healthy environment.

http://www.newswire.ca/en/releases/archive/August2007/01/c3158.html

He's ill? I don't get it. He's doing GMA on that day...or is he?

:tears:

I just went out and bought stuff today for the concert over my lunch break! It's been a very long day and I come home to find out that it's cancelled?! I'm so upset. :tears:

Oh Peej! I'm so sorry! :( Here's a hug for you...

:huglove: